HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Night combat_

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Poll: Should there be night combat_ (1110 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be night combat_

1. YES AWESOME IDEA (779 votes [76.52%])

Percentage of vote: 76.52%

2. only if its easy to implement (199 votes [19.55%])

Percentage of vote: 19.55%

3. no i like photosynthesis (22 votes [2.16%])

Percentage of vote: 2.16%

4. meh (18 votes [1.77%])

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Quantum_NADE

Quantum_NADE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUNSC Infinity, Space.

Posted May 26 2013 - 11:39 PM

It'd be like like that one Battlefield 3 map, don't know what it's called, but considering this game already feels alot like BF3, then yeah.
"Frak yeah, Comic Sans"

#162 thatguythellama

thatguythellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationOrbiting alpha centauri A, thinking about moving to B, just for a scenery change

Posted May 30 2013 - 04:04 PM

I will pay for this!
In keeping with the best airborne tradition of relying on madmen instead of firepower, six of us with one BAR replaced eighteen 79th division doggies with a water cooled .50 and an air cooled .30.
David Webster, E company, Holland, 1945  

#163 thatguythellama

thatguythellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationOrbiting alpha centauri A, thinking about moving to B, just for a scenery change

Posted May 30 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostQuantum_NADE, on May 26 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

It'd be like like that one Battlefield 3 map, don't know what it's called, but considering this game already feels alot like BF3, then yeah.

This game feels nothing like BF3, what in the name of montezuma are you talking about_!
In keeping with the best airborne tradition of relying on madmen instead of firepower, six of us with one BAR replaced eighteen 79th division doggies with a water cooled .50 and an air cooled .30.
David Webster, E company, Holland, 1945  

#164 gingitsune

gingitsune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 31 2013 - 10:22 PM

there should also be a battle when it rains...
Posted Image

#165 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 01 2013 - 01:18 AM

Like this !!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#166 SirMoranSebastian

SirMoranSebastian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 01:53 AM

Only if the mech's had great big togglable floodlights, then i'd be happy, as to whether the engine can do it_ I don't know.

*Small mech darts around in the dark with floodlights on, then sees a mech in the distance, turn off floodlights, proceed to ambush from the darkness*

#167 DutchCode

DutchCode

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDown Elements, Mech garage

Posted June 04 2013 - 01:00 AM

On CTF mode it would be very cool to see the rockets firing while it is dark

#168 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 20 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sepaking of this ...

IIRC, there's one of the corridors in Origin in which you can't see anything. Some few visual helpers here and there would be much appreciated in there.

Do you know what am I talking about here_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#169 ThroneOfThunder

ThroneOfThunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCloud 9

Posted August 18 2013 - 02:43 AM

Perfect idea!!! Hawken would be on a whole new level if this happened. I would totally love to play at dark enviroinments!!
Posted Image

#170 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBlitzing with my Raider on the streets of Illal

Posted August 18 2013 - 03:18 AM

i think hawken already has a night environment named "origin"
and dusk lighting in "uptown".....
sorry if i said something that would stir up a reply "origin is not a night environment!!!"......  XD
Posted Image

#171 MIGHTY_HERO

MIGHTY_HERO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted August 18 2013 - 06:56 AM

30 minute time limit. Day/night cycle. 10 minutes day, 10 minutes night,10 minutes day or Half night, half day. during the game they could throw in clouds to block moon and starlight,rain and snow or fog to mess up vision even more. I would also be happy with straight up night fighting. The combination of night vision and headlights sounds fun too. If you read the history that goes with each mech, it is said that some of these mechs are thrown together and cheap, some mechs may not be as well equiped as others.

#172 AkaBear

AkaBear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted January 25 2014 - 10:48 PM

This is a great idea.

How about the following inclusions;

1) Additional Lights; In selected areas Street Lighting / Buidling Lighting *for partial night lighting and some broken flashing light
2) Different cones of light beam according to Mech Type class ie wide but short for Heavy, narrow but long for light Mechs
3) Burning dead mechs create light temporarily
4) Frequency; how about as part of the cycle like in War Thunder whereby on map in 10-20 cycles becomes Night randomly so it becomes a unique difference rather than a chosen map.
5) Lighting storm creating temporary lightup of map

#173 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted January 26 2014 - 06:13 AM

Predators hours.... :D

Edited by UncleBlitz, January 26 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#174 WantokHero

WantokHero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted January 30 2014 - 01:03 PM

I would love to see night time maps. Pre match start players should be able to vote for map and whether night or day.
GRFS has a good prestart set up

#175 whatru

whatru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 10:47 AM

that could lead to interesting combat

ie some mechs could have night/thermal vi while others old have lights which can be toggled ut they would need them to see

#176 8Winterz8

8Winterz8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 21 2014 - 06:51 AM

I think that night combat would be a good idea, but only if there were some kind of night optics implemented for use on the maps. It would make sense that combat axe's would have night optics anyway.

#177 JaeBrawler

JaeBrawler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:20 PM

Love the idea. Adds variety to the game. Plus night time fighting would just look so epic.

Pred and Infil will enjoy the dark more too. Looking out for that stalker, Lol

Just like with snow, I like when they change the environment.  Even if it's just one map they night time on. At least see how we like it.

#178 Evermillion

Evermillion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted March 22 2014 - 07:56 PM

Approved

this idea could make new gameplay elements like night-vision possible, or an item that generates a light-source, this could make scouts be walking flash-lights in trade for some firepower (like its secondary weapon becomes a flash-light that you can toggle on and off, and its secondary simply fires a short burst of electricity to causes an EMP effect to the target, but the weapon idea is better off in another section of the forum so im not going too far into detail about it, as its not related enough to the current topic
CODE_Evermillion: Activated
Targets Found: Activating Weapon Systems
Weapon Systems: Online
Weapon Systems: Calibrated
Prepare for Combat

#179 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted April 08 2014 - 05:54 AM

The UDK should be able to do it.  If Adhesive added a boolean variable that denoted whether or not it is dark and had weapons use it to fire a particle effect (a.k.a. projectile) every few rounds, it would simulate a tracer round.  The rest is just light mapping, which happens at the scene level.  It is also possible to swap in textures on the fly, and textures can simulate glow, so it should be possible to "go dark" or to turn lights on, if Adhesive gave players a light toggle option.

Not so sure how easy it would be to go from day to night in UDK, however.  In UDK 3 the light maps are baked into the scene.  Night and day would have different kinds of shadows.  The light maps would be different.  Should be possible if they later switch to UDK 4, however, as that is supposed to have some sort of real-time lighting built into it.  Haven't really looked into it though.

All in all, it would be atmospheric to say the least.

#180 Panzer1972

Panzer1972

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted April 10 2014 - 08:47 AM

YES AWESOME IDEA
Predator Rules :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users