Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

first-robotics-oregon-dept-of-education-

FUZZY BUNNING YOU'RE.

YOU'RE.

GOOD FUZZING GOD.

The  seeming hypocrisy in claiming to be a nerd and then just totally fuzzy bunnyng up the most commonly griped mistake in the English language is astounding. I would literally not figuratively explode if I purchased that shirt. I AM THE ALPHA.

Also orbs OP plz nerf.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 20 April 2015 - 03:28 PM.

• _incitatus, comic_sans, Fstroke and 1 other like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

If orblording is OP, then why dont you all do it; because when everyone is OP, nobody is.

OmniStone

OmniStone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

To the devs

I think the devs need to adjust the healing rates for the orbs as a long term solution. I disagree with the people who think that they should not heal you in combat, as I think that would nerf orbs to the point where nobody would want to use them anymore. I know I would rather take something that could be used in combat over something that only gets you back into the fight faster.

Only one orb at a time should heal you as well, so that you can't sit there and spam orbs down on the ground to win 2/3v1 situations. What happens in comp play is something of a domino effect, the better team will often kill a few members of the weaker team and stand on top of their orbs while laying down orbs of their own. This makes the stronger team snowball while taking or defending a point, where even a coordinated a-class flank or general push from the weaker team isn't enough to kill off the orb spamming members of the stronger team.

Comp play atm

In comp play, I think banning the extractor would suffice for the time being. It is(by far) the single most powerful internal in the game atm. What would happen is the deflectors would become the best 2 slotter, which would be a decent(and much required) nerf to heavier armor classes since a-classes benefit from it the most. Banning orbs themselves would only make it so most teams would only use shields and EMPs, and I don't see that being any less cheesy then sitting on top of orbs without an extractor equipped. I think our hands are tied beyond banning the extractor until the devs make some neccessary changes to orbs in the future. What do you guys think about banning the extractor? I don't think the advanced repair kit is a huge deal if we take that out of the equation.

Edited by OmniStone, 20 April 2015 - 04:16 PM.

• Nept, Guns_N_Rozer, Elite_is_salty and 5 others like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

If orblording is OP, then why dont you all do it; because when everyone is OP, nobody is.

I...

that is...

we do...

I can'

what the hell do you even say to this?

• ticklemyiguana and Epsilon_Knight like this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

We already do. And it sucks.

• Amidatelion, comic_sans, DM30 and 1 other like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
To stay competitive in multiplayer games it's just as important to work on individual skills as it is to pay attention to the game meta. This is why in CS most top players pick m4/ak or awp(back when I played 1.6 that's all you'd see) and it's also why if the TPG league administrators didn't have any set rules then you'd see teams stacked with full Cs; simply put, players are going to use what's most effective. However I fo agree that the build needs to be nerfed and there are many ways you could fix the setup without nerfing it to fuzzy bunny.

What I don't agree with is the people who take a jab ( not saying this applies to you Elite) at others for using optimal setups, regardless of the game. Why do you think people upgrade their hardware to play games? why do people buy fancy MLG mouses with fuzzy bunnyng laser beam tracking and mouse pads the size of a gorillas ass? To stay competitive.
  • comic_sans likes this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

To the devs
I think the devs need to adjust the healing rates for the orbs as a long term solution. I disagree with the people who think that they should not heal you in combat, as I think that would nerf orbs to the point where nobody would want to use them anymore. I know I would rather take something that could be used in combat over something that only gets you back into the fight faster.
Only one orb at a time should heal you as well, so that you can't sit there and spam orbs down on the ground to win 2/3v1 situations. What happens in comp play is something of a domino effect, the better team will often kill a few members of the weaker team and stand on top of their orbs while laying down orbs of their own. This makes the stronger team snowball while taking or defending a point, where even a coordinated a-class flank or general push from the weaker team isn't enough to kill off the orb spamming members of the stronger team.
Comp play atm
In comp play, I think banning the extractor would suffice for the time being. It is(by far) the single most powerful internal in the game atm. What would happen is the deflectors would become the best 2 slotter, which would be a decent(and much required) nerf to heavier armor classes since a-classes benefit from it the most. Banning orbs themselves would only make it so most teams would only use shields and EMPs, and I don't see that being any less cheesy then sitting on top of orbs without an extractor equipped. I think our hands are tied beyond banning the extractor until the devs make some neccessary changes to orbs in the future. What do you guys think about banning the extractor? I don't think the advanced repair kit is a huge deal if we take that out of the equation.

We'd always try to keep as much of Hawken on the table and available when it comes to bans or restrictions on items/weapons/mechs/etc.

That being said, your avenue toward tempering the O.L.M. is a light-handed approach as a nerf.
The sort of measured adjustment we would be able to appreciate.
  • Nept and LoC_TR like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
I'm of the opinion orb lording has become standard because there's no point in fleeing to heal. The only viable options are to drop orbs, or stay and die honorably in battle. The game has gotten so fast there no reason to run, and many times not much time to heal, so everyone's gravitated to speeding up heals, or to remain in battle longer with orbs dropped while you play peek a boo.

Hawkens gameplay has solely become about mobility, and items.
  • kasei likes this

No crew

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

What I don't agree with is the people who take a jab ( not saying this applies to you Elite) at others for using optimal setups, regardless of the game. 

But I do it with love.  :sad:

• Elite_is_salty, LoC_TR and TangledMantis like this

d1eZeG3.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I...

that is...

we do...

I can'

what the hell do you even say to this?

The proper response is "What a lovely bunch of coconuts you have".

247420A800000578-0-image-a-46_1420556717

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Grizzled

Grizzled

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

So, not competitive but I have noticed the effectiveness of this particular meta. 

Rather than a nerf (I can't speak of banning it in your competitive play), can't we ask for more options for internals or other adjustments that don't make this the only option for staying competitive? 

New internal that stops a mech from healing for half a second?

New internal that lessens damage from area weapons (not direct hits)?

There are lots of ways that this "orblording" meta could be used as a baseline for new play and tactics through examining its effectiveness and determining new play styles through additions to the game.

Or am I just being optimistic because we have support again?!?

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I'm of the opinion orb lording has become standard because there's no point in fleeing to heal. The only viable options are to drop orbs, or stay and die honorably in battle. The game has gotten so fast there no reason to run, and many times not much time to heal, so everyone's gravitated to speeding up heals, or to remain in battle longer with orbs dropped while you play peek a boo.

Hawkens gameplay has solely become about mobility, and items.

wut.  People run/escape all the time.  In basically every mode, survival is key.  Siege/MA you need to survive/run sometimes to stay alive/grab points/energy that become available.  

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

New internal that lessens damage from area weapons (not direct hits)?

Nonononono don't nerf the cornerpokewars please I don't want even more incentive to fight only in the open. Orblords already encourage people to move less and stay in one place.

On the topic of orblord, I really don't like that it takes out so much of the tension in 1v1 engagements. It's such a letdown when you fight someone, both dodging and whittling each other down only to have one dodge behind cover and regain half HP or more in a second. Where is the tension in the situation of both being on low health and one knowing he has to round the corner to get that last poke in, while not being hit by the retreating player, only to find that the player in question now has regained most of his health back in the time it took you to get to that corner.

Edited by n3onfx, 21 April 2015 - 02:46 AM.

• dorobo, Guns_N_Rozer and hotdoginspector like this

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

There have been plenty of threads addressing the obvious problem of the orblord metagame already.

...Still, another one won't hurt. Something does need to be done about it.

You have precisely identified the problem.

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 21 April 2015 - 02:53 AM.

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

wut.  People run/escape all the time.  In basically every mode, survival is key.  Siege/MA you need to survive/run sometimes to stay alive/grab points/energy that become available.  

In pub TDM matches in anything but raider with ability activated, or a zippy A class, there's little chance of retreat. B or C, you're in the fight till death 9/10 times. There's no communication to get support fire for players to make a safe retreat, TTK is so low running you take tons of damage, then you're chased and killed instantly 

No crew

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I fail to see how the existence of the orb item, nerfed or not, makes the game more fun than it would be without it.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
In Russia, fun has you

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

In pub TDM matches in anything but raider with ability activated, or a zippy A class, there's little chance of retreat. B or C, you're in the fight till death 9/10 times. There's no communication to get support fire for players to make a safe retreat, TTK is so low running you take tons of damage, then you're chased and killed instantly 

Sounds as though you're accustomed to pushing too far forward.  The vast majority of pub players that I (and my teammates) encounter utilize a push/pull back into safety approach.  Retreats are pretty frequent.

• ThirdEyE, comic_sans and Xacius like this

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

You could try using deflectors to maximize your armor.  Shield and Blockade are good to drop as you're running away to block enemy fire and impair their chase.  Even in B and C classes you have plenty of time to escape on most maps.

• LoC_TR likes this

oSpBaPA.png

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Why do you think people upgrade their hardware to play games? why do people buy fancy MLG mouses with fuzzy bunnyng laser beam tracking and mouse pads the size of a gorillas ass? To stay competitive.

Ask xxxX4c1u5xxx about that :)

People must understand that me putting this into the border of "comp play" is just because that's where my hopes of having the meta nerfed or banned is possible without dev intervention because I don't expect it to happen, at least for now.

It's really a problem that hurts the game clearly. I mean, come on. The orb gives 170 HP, compared to offensive items that cause 60 dmg. And healing from an orb is already as fast or maybe faster then pressing C while you're standing and able to shoot or do anything. And then with the internals, you get faster healing and more HP gained.

It's agreed apon that orblording should go, whether anyone likes it or not. And what I'm hoping for is seeing this go sooner in the TPG than in the gameplay as a whole.

• DerMax and Jelooboi like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Sounds as though you're accustomed to pushing too far forward.  The vast majority of pub players that I (and my teammates) encounter utilize a push/pull back into safety approach.  Retreats are pretty frequent.

pulling out is very important; i largely attribute my general success to this safety approach.

• Nept, Superkamikazee and hotdoginspector like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I prefer using shields.

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I prefer using shields.

emp.png

• IareDave, ScarletThirteen and LoC_TR like this

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

It's really a problem that hurts the game clearly. I mean, come on. The orb gives 170 HP, compared to offensive items that cause 60 dmg. .

i'm totally agreed to modified the meta .....but if u through a item it will deliver 60 dps in nano second but the orb give u 160 HP in few second .

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

I prefer using shields.

i'd like to practice safe shielding; from my understanding shields have a 98% rate of effectiveness. should i use two to further increase my likelihood to be safe?

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

You certainly can, although I don't know how satisfying you'll find the experience.  Just make sure that you're not doubling up on shields - common mistake.

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

pulling out is very important; i largely attribute my general success to this safety approach.

Pro tip.

No crew

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
Go all in, no pulling out. It feels the best. Yolo!
  • dorobo likes this

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

i'd like to practice safe shielding; from my understanding shields have a 98% rate of effectiveness. should i use two to further increase my likelihood to be safe?

While using 2 shields seems safer, the added electro magnetic friction may cause them to break. Especially during a vigerous pounding. From a TOW of course.
  • Nept likes this

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users