• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Exactly what the topic title is, Aussie players definitely play every weekend. 

So come on down to the Australian servers cause we're not that noob (some of us) unless you really wanna wreck us. 

Official home is Kuro's Scrapyard, found in the Asia-Oceania region.

Games are held every:

Saturday 9pm AEST

Sunday 9pm AEST

There is a Teamspeak now! Thanks to some very nice players (read the comments). We will be using the public Teamspeak server which is hosted by I don't know

Teamspeak: ts5.gameservers.com:9152

No password for this server! Unless I got in by accident

There is also recording and posting to Youtube by me and possibly some others if i can convince them but yeah

Edited by Lioot, 10 May 2015 - 03:16 AM.

• Dawn_of_Ash, gopherAnime and DemitronPrime like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

There is no Teamspeak server as of yet, or any other form of team communications other than typing at 100WPM so you don't get killed. 

Try the public one?

ts5.gameservers.com:9152

ZombieBiscuit's from Straya and she has no issue connecting. We can get you a channel, or you could just feel free to invade any of the ones lying open.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

There is no Teamspeak server as of yet, or any other form of team communications other than typing at 100WPM so you don't get killed. 

I'd suggest going to the Unofficially Official TS, I'm sure Merl would be happy to help you out.

EDIT: Amid beat me to it.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, 21 March 2015 - 05:36 PM.

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Try the public one?

ts5.gameservers.com:9152

ZombieBiscuit's from Straya and she has no issue connecting. We can get you a channel, or you could just feel free to invade any of the ones lying open.

Straya m8.

Yeah the official/unofficial hawken teamspeak is fine. Just give us an aussie channel ;p

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Seriously? THAT'S the name we've got? You know, I was joking when I said that the first time, right? XD

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

It is a perfect name. STRAYA

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Straya m8.

Yeah the official/unofficial hawken teamspeak is fine. Just give us an aussie channel ;p

Done.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

What about Straya's Weekend Wasteland? XD

(Also wouldn't that be spelt "'Stralya"? Good ol' 'Strailian slang. XD)

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 21 March 2015 - 08:27 PM.

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Perfect. <3

15487a513c.png

• Lioot likes this

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

So, are we going to use these servers for tonight? If so what is the address and stuff so we can explain it on the official Steam group and everyone can join? 

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

So, are we going to use these servers for tonight? If so what is the address and stuff so we can explain it on the official Steam group and everyone can join? 

Well just edited the OP and yeah, the thingy is there and I don't know if we will but we might try I don't think everyone has microphones I don't know

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

That moment when you fall asleep on Teamspeak at your desk and miss things.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Wow, tonight was amazing! :D I would 100% recommend anyone who is awake and functional at that time to join the event and to enjoy our endless messages in game! XD 

And thanks a lot to CrockRocket for coming to the event despite being awake early in the morning! Thanks a ton! :D

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 22 March 2015 - 04:24 AM.

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Tip 1: Don't be on Merica time if you want to play at 9pm AEST.

Edited by Z?mbieBiscuit, 22 March 2015 - 05:47 AM.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
I had a great time crashing your party last weekend, though I probably shouldn't have been awake!

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

gopherAnime

gopherAnime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Oceania revived!? Must be a year since I played with wombats.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Event starts in 20 minutes! :D Hope to you guys there! 

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Oceania revived!? Must be a year since I played with wombats.

Must be a kiwi, or maybe a fruit, but yes, come play!

gopherAnime

gopherAnime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Must be a kiwi, or maybe a fruit, but yes, come play!

Yep. Oh fun matches. Ping makes it a different game.

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Well if one server is full, I might just sit in DM and hope that the stragglers will come and join

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Well if one server is full, I might just sit in DM and hope that the stragglers will come and join

Good idea. Then if enough come we can start another TDM!

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 05 April 2015 - 01:13 AM.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

I had a ton of fun tonight! :D Finally got to using that TS server it made everything a whole lot funner.

Thanks to the guys who got the server up and running once again! Hopefully someone has a video of the event!

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Yet again i sleep through it like an idiot. :( Dam QandA getting me up early in the mornin.

Edited by Z?mbieBiscuit, 05 April 2015 - 08:59 AM.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Yet again i sleep through it like an idiot. :( Dam QandA getting me up early in the mornin.

Zombie!! :D Please come next time, it would've been awesome if you were there!!!

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

OMFG - how did this happen and I missed it??

Ok, probably because I'm busy arranging to move house.

I need to dust off my Hawken account this week.

<3 Hawken

6ixxer

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

OMFG - how did this happen and I missed it??

Ok, probably because I'm busy arranging to move house.

I need to dust off my Hawken account this week.

<3 Hawken

6ixxer

Come back 6ixxer, before the servers get full and you miss out on your OWN EVENT like me

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I'll try to make time to come back and play.

I hope the availability of the teamspeak channel improves the community.

Being able to help new pilots is the way to keep the game alive, and voip should help a lot.

/me: remembers my headset is broken : /

I'm moving to a new place in about a month which is going to limit my available play time for a while.

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

I will be on 100% tonight. If I'm not I might as well just delete my account as punishment.

Also who lives in NSW that has NBN or Fibre and can let me live at their place forever.

Edited by Z?mbieBiscuit, 12 April 2015 - 01:33 AM.

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I will be on 100% tonight. If I'm not I might as well just delete my account as punishment.

Also who lives in NSW that has NBN or Fibre and can let me live at their place forever.

Im upgrading fibre in 2-30 days, when the cable guy comes. Anyway, you better be there :D And there better not be randoms in the room, wish they would stick to their Singapore/Tokyo servers rather than coming to Sydney servers to stomp some of our players

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Lioot. What suburb do you live in. I'm moving into yours.

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Lioot. What suburb do you live in. I'm moving into yours.

With the lebos near Auburn

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

I'm moving in.

( XD ) wimpyhugz

( XD ) wimpyhugz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I would join as well but my laptop isn't really made for gaming. I have a Surface Pro 3 which does 720p low detail at like 20-30fps which actually is impressive considering it's Intel integrated graphics. Would definitely join during uni holidays when I'm back home where my desktop is (I'm in Kalgoorlie during semesters).

Actually might join and feed the other team anyway just because I can  :woot:

(\__/)
 (='.'=) 
 (") (") 

This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination XD

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I would join as well but my laptop isn't really made for gaming. I have a Surface Pro 3 which does 720p low detail at like 20-30fps which actually is impressive considering it's Intel integrated graphics. Would definitely join during uni holidays when I'm back home where my desktop is (I'm in Kalgoorlie during semesters).

You could always turn down the graphics and hide in a corner :D

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Western Australian buddy! :D

You know what is truly strange, I've got the same computer. xD While the Surface Pro 3 is not a gaming computer, it has alright specs to run Hawken. However, it's not the best, so I use a program known as Razor Cortex which closes all unnessesary programs that normally run in the background, however take up a lot of memory when you enter "gaming mode". It has worked for me so far, so it should work for you. :)

Hope to see you in the event soonish. :D

( XD ) wimpyhugz

( XD ) wimpyhugz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

You could always turn down the graphics and hide in a corner :D

I've turned down everything to lowest/off and I still only get 20fps in the middle of a hectic battle. ~30fps max in non-battles. So I've been playing with a Reaper for mid/long range to escape the low fps lag...

Western Australian buddy! :D

You know what is truly strange, I've got the same computer. xD While the Surface Pro 3 is not a gaming computer, it has alright specs to run Hawken. However, it's not the best, so I use a program known as Razor Cortex which closes all unnessesary programs that normally run in the background, however take up a lot of memory when you enter "gaming mode". It has worked for me so far, so it should work for you. :)

Hope to see you in the event soonish. :D

There's a couple of those types of programs. Used to use Iobit GameBooster a long time ago (which became Razer Cortex IIRC) but they really didn't do much. I manually close most other major programs before gaming which is basically doing the same thing. But it's not memory I'm running low on anyway, it's just the low power integrated graphics. I wonder if the fact I installed Intel's own graphics drivers over the default Surface Pro graphics drivers is reducing performance? Colour display is much better with the Intel one though...

Edited by wimpyhugz, 19 April 2015 - 08:57 PM.

(\__/)
 (='.'=) 
 (") (") 

This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination XD

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I've turned down everything to lowest/off and I still only get 20fps in the middle of a hectic battle. ~30fps max in non-battles. So I've been playing with a Reaper for mid/long range to escape the low fps lag...

There's a couple of those types of programs. Used to use Iobit GameBooster a long time ago (which became Razer Cortex IIRC) but they really didn't do much. I manually close most other major programs before gaming which is basically doing the same thing. But it's not memory I'm running low on anyway, it's just the low power integrated graphics. I wonder if the fact I installed Intel's own graphics drivers over the default Surface Pro graphics drivers is reducing performance? Colour display is much better with the Intel one though...

You could always turn to murder.... Australia is a big country, lots of uninhabited land and much of it is desert.

That aside, I have no suggestions since I have a desktop, all I can say is, sell it, get mun muns, get computer, git good

( XD ) wimpyhugz

( XD ) wimpyhugz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

You could always turn to murder.... Australia is a big country, lots of uninhabited land and much of it is desert.

That aside, I have no suggestions since I have a desktop, all I can say is, sell it, get mun muns, get computer, git good

I do have a desktop, it's just at home in Perth and I'm in Kalgoorlie living in the uni dormitory... desktop has no problem running Hawken at 100+ fps with high details at 1920x1200. Kinda sucks having to play at 720p/low/25fps now.

(\__/)
 (='.'=) 
 (") (") 

jipped

jipped

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Looks like we're getting an MA Sydney server courtesy of Hawkeye J

Kuroken

Kuroken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts