• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Because why not? It'd be MC-only, and make my dulled out weapons, sooo pwetty. :D

I think this is what the weapons need - something to make them also look different. A common example I could use with another F2P game is Warframe. Starts you off with a good colour palette to choose from, but then you also have to buy more if you want more - Full Classic Palette, Saturated Classic Palette, Fire Palette etc - which offer a more in-depth colours (something I don't 100% understand nor would buy, but I bet someone would). These palettes can be used on anything to do with customisation - classes (known as Warframes), weapons, and sentinals (pets).

Now I don't 100% want to see this in Hawken because the game seems to have a sort of colour theme and rustic style that the previous devs had wanted to keep. The majority of the new players don't seem to agree with this, but that's a subject for another topic.

I want to see some weapon skins. What do I mean by "weapon skins"? I do not mean some colour - although that may also be nice. What I mean is a new look. Prime example would be the Tech's prestige weapon. Some people don't like the bright red of it, while others disagree. I think that giving any "standard weapon" a new look, would do a lot of good. Give the Assualt Rifle a new look. Make it look newer, more sparkly. Maybe make it an Elite Assualt Rifle! Make it have a colour scheme to match the Assualt mech! And don't just repaint it, redesign it. Make it look more modern - more improved, but don't make it any better stats-wise. 

I think that it would be wonderful to see my little weapons to look more sparkily and awesome. :D And it's likely that newer people would too.

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 02 May 2015 - 06:20 AM.

• Lioot, Miscellaneous, Tankman95 and 6 others like this

ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

yes please.

*SCREECHING* 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Weapon skins would be the best first added feature by the new devs. Players love it. Good source of income ...

But there is more work to do before starting to work on a new feature like this.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I was literally just about to make a thread about this! Great minds think alike?

• Grollourdo likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
I want this to be my TOW launcher :D
Spoiler

• Interrobang87 likes this

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
I asked for that for a long time, but it needs someone to model these so that takes resources such as money, workes and time.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
That would be great, the weapons on the rocketeer and bruiser look out of place against the black elite skin so skins would be great for them.

Thinking about it an alternate weapon skin could be awarded instead of the M1 desert flak which is currently useless when used with the elite skins.

Spoiler

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Spoiler

YES PLEASE! If the idea was to become reality, I would want to see this as the first skin! And I will actually throw money at the game for this. :D

I asked for that for a long time, but it needs someone to model these so that takes resources such as money, workes and time.

This actually came to me partway through when I was writing the OP. :/ I realised that it is like making a new gun, except without the actual firing mechanic. I have no clue how hard it is to make the weapon do what it does, but I always figured that the biggest part was modeling the actual weapon. That was actually the reason I also suggested a "colour change feature" where you can buy normal colours for your weapons - although I would prefer the skins much more.

I was literally just about to make a thread about this! Great minds think alike?

I literally got the idea from another thread when someone said that the Tech's prestige weapon was too bright. Maybe you also thought upon the same lines? Weapon skins itself also came from Warframe, but thiers was not as massive as what I am proposing. I guess it's closer to LoL's skins.

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, 02 May 2015 - 04:37 AM.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

That would be great, the weapons on the rocketeer and bruiser look out of place against the black elite skin so skins would be great for them.

Thinking about it an alternate weapon skin could be awarded instead of the M1 desert flak which is currently useless when used with the elite skins.

Possibly, but which skin would it reward the mech? The secondary? And does the skin change depending on the mech?

I honestly prefer to pay real money for skins. The company firstly deserves the money, and even as a consumer - who wants everything to be either cheap or free - I think that this should be a money thing only. I also think that this could be the "new, sparkly weapon" that newcomers would like to see in a mech game, yet also not completely destroy the style the previous devs wanted with rustic, trashy mechs put together with spare parts.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Spoiler

That's a heat cannon, I don't even know what you're talking about.

• Miscellaneous, Tankman95, comic_sans and 3 others like this

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I wish the tan base of the KE-Sabot could be re-coloured -- weapon skin option?

ke-sabot.png

Edited by brackets, 02 May 2015 - 08:48 AM.

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
We begged the old devs for years to give us weapon skins. Hopefully the new rulers of hawken land are more accommodating.

Edited by Interrobang87, 02 May 2015 - 04:49 PM.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I don't want weapons skins so much as weapon effects.  LIke the present grenades on Winter Eco. 

Things like lazer skin for SABOT.  It would be red, green whatever and make a lazer sound.

Cool color trails for the Hellfires.  (AKA some FreedomFires)

Shoot confetti from the flak cannon. 

• 6ixxer likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

We begged the old devs for years to give us weapon skins. Hopefully the new rulers of hawken land are more accommodating.

It's unfortunate that the previous devs didn't seem to like the community's opinion on things. :/ But then again, there is a likely chance that we just don't know what we are suggesting - maybe it's harder than we first thought. They were also quite determined/stubborn to make a game that they wanted and not the majority of the playerbase - example is on the Steam release, many new players didn't like the style of the mechs. I also hope that the new devs would listen to the community more.

I don't want weapons skins so much as weapon effects.  LIke the present grenades on Winter Eco. 

Things like lazer skin for SABOT.  It would be red, green whatever and make a lazer sound.

Cool color trails for the Hellfires.  (AKA some FreedomFires)

Shoot confetti from the flak cannon. 

Ooooh, cool idea. I would love a laser Sabot. :D

• 1uster likes this

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Yes Plz. i like dressing up my mechs real pretty and sometimes the weapons colors don't fit them.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I would love this too XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Weapon skins would be a great idea I think.  Having said that however it needs to fit in with the Hawken universe or its going to have a deleterious effect. 

Changing the SABOT rifle into a laser for example would be a prime example.  Its pretty clear the creators had very specific design language when they created the mechs, maps, weapons, and pretty much everything in the game.  The mechs and weapons in particular have a very functional and mechanical look to them to make them look "right", a SABOT rifle that shoots lasers would pretty much ruin that that immersive experience.  Special graphics (along the lines of Tiger and Shark skin for the Assault) or slightly tweaked models for weapons would be pretty sweet though, I'd buy some.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Yeah, the PN-223 isn't bright red enough.

• 1uster likes this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Weapon skins would be a great idea I think.  Having said that however it needs to fit in with the Hawken universe or its going to have a deleterious effect. 

Changing the SABOT rifle into a laser for example would be a prime example.  Its pretty clear the creators had very specific design language when they created the mechs, maps, weapons, and pretty much everything in the game.  The mechs and weapons in particular have a very functional and mechanical look to them to make them look "right", a SABOT rifle that shoots lasers would pretty much ruin that that immersive experience.  Special graphics (along the lines of Tiger and Shark skin for the Assault) or slightly tweaked models for weapons would be pretty sweet though, I'd buy some.

It would fit fine.  There would zero difference in gameplay.  They could even add sweet physx effects so its "immersive".  If there can be a stupid tech beam I think we can have a damn laser.  What kind of dumbshit future would have magic snake beam and not something that already exists.

• Tankman95, Meraple and LaurenEmily like this

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

EOC puck trails from before Ascension would be great!

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

It would fit fine.  There would zero difference in gameplay.  They could even add sweet physx effects so its "immersive".  If there can be a stupid tech beam I think we can have a damn laser.  What kind of dumbshit future would have magic snake beam and not something that already exists.

I personally think laser weapons would be fine, I know some people don't think they belong but I'm not one of them.  What I am saying is the SABOT should stay the SABOT and be recognizable as the SABOT, sure skin it that would be great but keep a projectile based weapon a projectile based weapon.  A laser weapon would need to be a new weapon in my opinion, that would be far more interesting anyway.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

What about paying for GL or Tow rounds to look like presents or pumpkins or rubber chickens?  Wouldn't you pay moneys for that?

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Yeah, would love some weapons skins - or even alternate models.

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

What about paying for GL or Tow rounds to look like presents or pumpkins or rubber chickens?  Wouldn't you pay moneys for that?

I wouldn't pay money for pumpkins and rubber chickens.  I mean it would be cool and fun as a holiday type event or something but this is a dystopian mech combat game if we have pumpkins, rubber chickens, presents, watermelons, tomatoes, woopie cushions, pop-tart cats flying around all over the place that would start to have deleterious effect on the game.  Stuff like that is fun but needs to be done in moderation or it won't be Hakwen anymore.

• Tankman95, Amidatelion and LaurenEmily like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users