Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

WELCOME TO THE HKTS 1v1 TOURNAMENT!

Here's what you need to know:

2. RULES:

• Each player will participate in 1 match per week, starting the first full week of May, and continuing until all rounds are complete. Players will set up a time and server to play their matches through forum PMs. Once a time is confirmed, it will be posted in this thread https://community.pl...awesome-prizes/

• . Any player who fails to come to a set time or fails to respond to a PM within the week will be disqualified.

• All matches will be played in the Test Arena or an agreed upon location on any one of the maps, as long as it is symmetrical. If no such location may agreed upon, Test Arena will be the default.

• The match will be played in whatever region the two players have the most similar ping in, if no such region exists, one match will be played in each players respective regions, and the scores will be totaled to determine the winner.

• A match consists of a series of 1v1 engagements. The first person to win ten will be the winner of the match. Each player picks a mech at the beginning without knowing what the other will pick. A player may only switch mechs/weapons if they die.

• All mechs are allowed. No items are allowed. Air compressor is the only allowed internal. This is because it adds depth to the movement. The EU tournament will not allow AC, as that has been voted on by their community.

3. FORMAT:

• The Tourney will be a single elimination. There may or may not be multiple brackets depending on how many total participants there are, what region they are from, and what their mmr is. Watch this space for more information.

• Players are encouraged to record their matches, upload them, and post them in this thread.

• People with spectator mode are encouraged to record/stream the matches.

4. PRIZES:

• The Prizes are as follows. 1st 5000Mc 2nd 2500Mc 3rd 1250Mc

• Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each bracket.

5. REPORTING

• When the match is over, the score is to be reported in this thread https://community.playhawken.com/topic/1665-hawken-teamspeak-1v1-tournament-for-awesome-prizes/ and validated by the other participant (by way of liking the post or otherwise noting).

• Any and all disputes will be resolved by the head administrators of the Teamspeak. One administrator will not compete in order to allow for fair resolution in all cases.

• Players are strongly encouraged to use the fightclub room in the Teamspeak to communicate during their matches.

BRACKETS ARE HERE (All were totally randomized)

All are welcome to check the original thread for match times and streamers that will be casting them. Even if you didn't get to sign up, you can still spectate. I can't wait for these matches. The first round starts now. Any questions may be directed to me in a forum PM or to hawkenteamspeak@gmail.com

Edited by Merl61, 03 May 2015 - 10:50 PM.

• Silverfire likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

NA #1

Spoiler

NA #2

Spoiler

NA #3

Spoiler

EU #1

Spoiler

• Merl61 likes this

d1eZeG3.png

?FTD? eXeon

?FTD? eXeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I especially liked #1 on the need to know list, quality post scru b

Edited by ImBadAtChoosingNames, 04 May 2015 - 12:10 AM.

Fix The Delay

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

There's no way I can beat Kopra. Talk about unlucky brackets.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

If I don't come last, that's a win in my book.

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 04 May 2015 - 12:18 AM.

Spoiler

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

NA #1

Spoiler

NA #2

Spoiler

NA #3

Spoiler

EU #1

Spoiler

Like except I will beat dave and solidify myself in hawken domination!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH lol jk dave go easy on my tender butt

jWZL3Hm.jpg

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Wait a minute. DisorderlyMechanic is a EU player!

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Wait a minute. DisorderlyMechanic is a EU player!

Oh shoot. I knew there were 8 of you. Eu re bracket pending. Also whatever bracket disorderly was in will be redone as well.

Brackets have been updated.

Edited by Merl61, 04 May 2015 - 12:48 AM.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I've only been in a handful of matches with him on NA servers, so I guess I don't know how he plays with lower ping. I don't think it's out of the question for you to win considering the restrictions. Infil cloak can be some dumb fuzzy bunny on Test Arena against one of the common shades of gray, and it'd be hard for him to recover from a solid EOC alpha without items or internals unless he's in a C-Class. You still have to deal with the issue of him hearing footsteps, but I doubt it's impossible to overcome that. 

And yeah, I think the brackets are weird in a few spots and double elimination would've worked better here. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 04 May 2015 - 12:43 AM.

d1eZeG3.png

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I've only been in a handful of matches with him on NA servers, so I guess I don't know how he plays with lower ping. I don't think it's out of the question for you to win considering the restrictions. Infil cloak can be some dumb fuzzy bunny on Test Arena against one of the common shades of gray, and it'd be hard for him to recover from a solid EOC alpha without items or internals unless he's in a C-Class. You still have to deal with the issue of him hearing footsteps, but I doubt it's impossible to overcome that.

And yeah, I think the brackets are weird in a few spots and double elimination would've worked better here.

Double elim would take a long time. I know the brackets turned out a bit strange but I wasn't going to re-roll. That would compromise my integrity don't you think?

jWZL3Hm.jpg

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I don't want you to reseed it or anything, and I know it wasn't intentional. I'm just saying that double elimination would've probably been more interesting with the current brackets we have. Tbh though, I don't think enough players signed up to actually get something that's not fairly predictable, especially in NA #1 and #2. 

I have no problem losing (even if it's in the first round and kinda dumb), but there are only a few fights that I'm not almost completely certain about in NA #1 and #2 and EU #1. 

Edited by JeffMagnum, 04 May 2015 - 01:05 AM.

d1eZeG3.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

We'll be playing on Front Line AA, since it offers more tactical variety. It's possible to beat Kopra — in the same way as it's possible to beat Dave standing on two orbs xD (jk)

Edited by DerMax, 04 May 2015 - 01:07 AM.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I don't want you to reseed it or anything, and I know it wasn't intentional. I'm just saying that double elimination would've probably been more interesting with the current brackets we have. Tbh though, I don't think enough players signed up to actually get something that's not fairly predictable, especially in NA #1 and #2.

I have no problem losing (even if it's in the first round and kinda dumb), but there are only a few fights that I'm not almost completely certain about in NA #1 and #2 and EU #1.

I was kind of testing the waters with this one. There will be more in the future. I saw the seeding and I was like....sorry Jeff. I wouldn't have wanted to face Dave in round 1. Hell, I don't want to face him in the final.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
I don't really mind, but I wasn't expecting to have to think of a maximum cheese strategy this early on
  • DerMax likes this

d1eZeG3.png

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I really like my bracket, thanks for not reseeding it. :teehee:

Is there anyone in the EU bracket who can? lmao

I'm pretty sure he's got the #1 spot safe and sound already.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

So.. am I waiting for someone to finish round 1 and get into the semifinals or will I be rematched with someone else?

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

• All mechs are allowed. No items are allowed. Air compressor is the only allowed internal. This is because it adds depth to the movement. The EU tournament will not allow AC, as that has been voted on by their community.

Wait, when did this happen? Why do I not know this happened? I mean, I'm not against it, just confused.

• Erzunterweltler and Kopra like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
I'm with Freeze here. Not that I mind the lack of AC, but didn't realize there was a vote.
  • Dr_Freeze001 and Erzunterweltler like this

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

On the note of votes, how about making the AA on Frontline the default dueling place for EU?

We don't have a fightclub server, and I think most prefer it to the Test Arena anyway.

• DerMax, Erzunterweltler and Kopra like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

On the note of votes, how about making the AA on Frontline the default dueling place for EU?

We don't have a fightclub server, and I think most prefer it to the Test Arena anyway.

We've already agreed with Kopra to duel there. It's just plain better than Testereeno.

Edited by DerMax, 04 May 2015 - 05:36 AM.

• Meraple likes this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

only 8 in eu! :/

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

So.. am I waiting for someone to finish round 1 and get into the semifinals or will I be rematched with someone else?

You get a bye.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

GGGanjaMan

GGGanjaMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

To clarify on a quick point, the victor of a round can't switch out mechs/weapons, but they can still reset their mech to reset their ability cooldown, correct?

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

You get a bye.

Well someone's a bit moody today

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

To clarify on a quick point, the victor of a round can't switch out mechs/weapons, but they can still reset their mech to reset their ability cooldown, correct?

Yes

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

The EU tournament will not allow AC, as that has been voted on by their community.

I would like to hear more about this.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Kopra and I will be playing our match today at 8 PM GMT. We have agreed to use the Replenisher to save time (since we're playing on Front Line). If someone could stream us, that'd be nice.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Predictably, Kopra beat me 10-3. It was all fun and games until he got his Brawler xD

Edited by DerMax, 06 May 2015 - 01:52 PM.

• Kopra likes this

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Oh boy, I missed this match. :(

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Predictably, Kopra beat me 10-3. It was all fun and games until he got his Brawler xD

Awesome:) The bracket will be updated.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I think we should go with the double elimination next time.

• Erzunterweltler likes this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Unter and I dueled yesterday and he won 10-3. With no items no internals no nothing he just straight up has better aim. Looking forward to watching the recordings.

• DerMax and Erzunterweltler like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Epsilon_Knight

Epsilon_Knight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Uhh, guess my post got ate?

Eth0 won our match.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Rule question 1, when the participants both kill eachother (or just death by self damage), ie. being a tie, do both participants get a point (+1/+1) or neither gets a point for that round (+0/+0)?

Rule question 2, delayed version of above. Say, after killing another person the opponent goes on top of the corpse and starts to repair on top of the orb to both get rid of it and repair faster, but lethal EOC pucks were left in the near vicinity or a lethal GL grenade that was shot right before death bounces back onto you, killing you, is it then considered a tie, or still a win for the participant who made the kill earlier?

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Rule question 1, when the participants both kill eachother (or just death by self damage), ie. being a tie, do both participants get a point (+1/+1) or neither gets a point for that round (+0/+0)?

Rule question 2, delayed version of above. Say, after killing another person the opponent goes on top of the corpse and starts to repair on top of the orb to both get rid of it and repair faster, but lethal EOC pucks were left in the near vicinity or a lethal GL grenade that was shot right before death bounces back onto you, killing you, is it then considered a tie, or still a win for the participant who made the kill earlier?

If there is a "tie" both players get a point. If it is 9/9 and this happens, the pilot who got the killing blow first is the winner. If you die to a gl or pucks afterward, it is a tie. You are responsible for your life while you are in the arena.
  • Kopra likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

WEEK 2 IS NOW LIVE! Go out and play those matches!

• crockrocket likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

DisorderlyMechanic

DisorderlyMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Well i lost 10-0 to meraple today. Literally couldn't do anything against his brawler without any items in such a close space. GG. 

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 1 other like this

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I didn't even know this thread existed, derp. However, when has the EU community voted on the use of AC? I don't mind the result, I am just wondering who has voted there.

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

My previous 1v1 tourny had all of the regions bunched together. If you had 2 players from opposing regions they would place each other following the same ruleset on both regions. How about we have the winner of NA#1 vs EU just for funsies? 

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 1 other like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Yeah, would be fun to watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users