Photo

Game Mode: Skull Lord/Collector (Name WIP)

- - - - - game mode skull tdm deathmatch

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

fAEth

fAEth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I've said this to a few folk & they've all suggested to post the idea here-- so here it goes. I've an idea for a new game mode.

Basically, it's the same as Team DeathMatch but with one major difference-- when you kill someone, you get their skulls. Meaning the skulls below one's name showing how many kills they have. If you kill somebody with 0 skulls, you get just the one for killing them. If you kill someone with 3 skulls, then you get the 1 skull for killing them & the 3 skulls they had. The object of the game would be to end up with as many skulls as possible; this could be done either by whoever has the most skulls after X time, or whoever collects Y number of skulls first.

The more skulls you have, the jucier of a target you will be for everyone else. It could be madness; do you gangbang the leader in a group then kill each other afterwards, or do you wait until said group is weak & ambush the remaining low HP mechs to take the pot? Do you stand far away & snipe at people? or do you simply farm & collect skulls by killing anyone *but* the leader (who would have the most attention)?

There are a lot of strategies that could work or may happen during the game, & likely may end up as a straight-up clusterbunny toward the end, but it sounds like a lot of potential to be fun.

Additionally, This could optionally be further enhanced by having the non-kill skulls drop (meaning you'd get 1 skull for killing them, & the 3 skulls they had would drop on the ground where the enemy mech died). This means a sniper would have to go down to physically collect the skulls of the dead mech & would end up becoming a game of sustain encouraging close-up combat. That come down to playtesting & seeing which works best, however.

What do y'all think?

------

-- fAEth EN ZtatiK

• crockrocket and Pelanthoris like this

GET /fÆth?en=ZtatiK HTTP/1.1

|| |  |   |    |     |    |   |  | ||

if Reality is wrong.. & this is for real..? [analog players \-digital-world}

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

so basically DM with loot? im in

• fAEth likes this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

OK I'm in but I want "My Little Pony" heads. I hate them things. :D

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Sounds like it could be fun.  And relatively easy to implement development wise for a new game type.

• fAEth likes this

fAEth

fAEth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

so basically DM with loot? im in

Exactly! :P I can't remember if it was Halo or an Unreal Tournament, but there's some FPS I played ages ago which had a similar game mode & it was a blast.

Sounds like it could be fun.  And relatively easy to implement development wise for a new game type.

The (assumingly) easy development was a bonus as well, yeah. Hopefully when the new devs get comfortable, it could be considered. There's a lot of small tweaks or different ways it could be implemented too. Not really a wrong answer in that regard either I wouldn't say.

------

-- fAEth EN ZtatiK

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Sounds like fun! :thumbsup:

Would your team in optimal strategy share the skulls equally, so there would be minimal loss whoever gets killed, or stack 'em to one player and protect him at all costs?

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Wait, would this be TDM or DM? And do you actually lose your skull to your murderer?

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Sounds fun.

For some reason I read the title as "Orb lord collector"

Spoiler

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Visually things would cap out at 15 unless they changed that, but I'm sure you could keep score in the actual dealio anyway.

• fAEth likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

fAEth

fAEth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Wait, would this be TDM or DM? And do you actually lose your skull to your murderer?

I had initially meant this as DM, but as the quote below suggested a TDM mode could work just as easily. I'd say you lose your skulls to your murderer, yes.

Sounds like fun! :thumbsup:

Would your team in optimal strategy share the skulls equally, so there would be minimal loss whoever gets killed, or stack 'em to one player and protect him at all costs?

for TDM it would be whoever gets the kills has the skulls, but the total number of skulls shared among the team would be the team's total score. So if you had 4 skulls & I had 1, our team would have a total of 5 skulls (until one of us dies. ;) )

fAEth

fAEth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Visually things would cap out at 15 unless they changed that, but I'm sure you could keep score in the actual dealio anyway.

Good idea to cap the skulls out visually; or could perhaps have  "[skull] x 17" beneath their name. ¯\(?)/¯

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game mode, skull, tdm, deathmatch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users