• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

And as far as the nostromo gamepad goes, brother those things remind me of the nintendo power glove, but Tickle swears by his orbweaver.
Thumb button elitist.
Somewhere between gimmick and utility that thing exists and logitech offers something like it

I owned the nostromo before the Orbweaver, I think I bought that thing 3 or 4 years ago. After upgrading to the Orbweaver two years ago or so I gave it to my roommate at the time. He reports that aside from some of the obvious wear that having your whole hand sit on there for three years, the only thing wrong is occasionally the anti-ghosting will slip up.

That being said, there's a reason I upgraded. Looking back I'd have bought the G13 over the nostromo, but there's simply nothing on the market comparable to the Orbweaver, with which I've had exactly one issue. The rubber on the wrist portion can wear out after a year or so, but to me this is a nonissue when compared to the utility it provides. No matter what game I play, I never have to adjust my hands. The mechanical keys are perfect, and I've never once looked at it and been like "that was a waste of money. It's also adjustable for different hand sizes, which is quite nice as far as the product is concerned.

Oh yes, and your thumb does more than press the space bar now. (up to 10 things if you're precise, but I usually limit my thumb to 6 different buttons.)

Given the comfort, build quality, aesthetics, and utility it has, I am a very satisfied customer. And it's a Razer product.

This all being said, both the Nostromo and the Orbweaver have functioned so well over the years that I've never once had to contact support.

I do own a Logitech G710+ and a G600, and have had minor issues with both. Logitech's support replaced them. That was nice - but I'd prefer not to have had to do that.

The G600 is still the lord of all mice however. The Razer Naga isn't even comparable. Despite it saying that it's an MMO mouse, it's also perfectly designed for FPSs as well.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 21 May 2015 - 02:49 PM.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
The thumb buttons on the g600 and this year's naga stick out too much, I can't play without hitting the wrong ones accidentally.
They are varied in angle and the relief is too high.

The older nagas (2012 and older) thumb buttons have a shallow uniform height that allows me to grip the whole mouse hard without worrying about accidentally hitting the wrong thing.

I guess they figured if the buttons differed from each other enough, players would be able to find the button they needed easier.

For me it's akin to the difference between a fret-marked 4 string electric bass and a 5 string upright.

I've committed the positions so totally to memory, I prefer to jam on the unmarked fretless.

I gave the new nagas to the kids I dislike the change to the g600 style buttons so much.

They are very very different than the 2012s and older. Different overall size shape weight and finish in addition to the move to g600 style thumb buttons.

This different new style is also waay cheaper now, priced similar to the g600.
Which would explain the cheaper lighter feel and smaller dimension changes.

This year's naga and it's Logitech counterpart are down a tier from the older ones I use.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Despite my best efforts, my Gygabyte M6800 has survived frequently being carried around in a laptop bag, a move of residence, a splash of acetone, a bag of rail road spikes dropped on it, and generally having the fuzzy bunny beat out of it for the last year and a half or so. Got it for 10 USD.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

So everyone knows, I got a Thermaltake Talon Blu. Was $25 on sale for $15. It works alright. My only major gripe with it is that the sides don't come up, so my ring finger sits on the side of the right click, which can cause me to accidentally right click sometimes.

Spoiler

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

So everyone knows, I got a Thermaltake Talon Blu. Was $25 on sale for $15. It works alright. My only major gripe with it is that the sides don't come up, so my ring finger sits on the side of the right click, which can cause me to accidentally right click sometimes.

Spoiler

You got one with the sick team dragon logo! I prefer the Saphira or Black Element, but that is a smexy moose ya got there.

Also, the Talon, Saphira, Theron, and Black Element are designed with index left, middle wheel, and ring right grip.

Edited by BaronSaturday, 22 May 2015 - 12:10 AM.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

How about for us wrong handed people? Not much to pick from that isn't stupid expensive. Used the ambidextrous, universals and I suppose they are ok, but I want a gaming mouse now with fancies. Suggestions?

Sidenote: I'm a righty but mouse lefty.

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Core I7 950, Dual EVGA 580Ti, 16Gb G.Skill Sniper, 240Gb PNY SSD, Walmart mic :P~

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
So. I can no longer recommend Thermaltake products as they have been outed as blatant and unapologetic thieves.

http://www.legitrevi...-too-far_165153

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

I've been using this mouse for 2-3 months now.  Its  a super MLG mouse with bright flashing lights.  AND ITS ONLY $12!!!!

http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1431965778

Haha got it for $8.

npKnSqa.jpg

Edited by eth0, 09 June 2015 - 05:32 PM.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

If you can put up with a tacky name and look, search for the AULA Killing he Soul mouse. It's actually very comfortable, and has from 500 to 2000 DPI with I believe actual indicators (never used DPI switches, always used 1000) Reviews on Amazon are good. You don't need a high DPI, just somewhere along 750 to 1500 DPI, and a mouse that feels good in your hand. Available for 15 bucks on Amazon :)

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I've been using this mouse for 2-3 months now.  Its  a super MLG mouse with bright flashing lights.  AND ITS ONLY $12!!!!

http://www.amazon.co...1965778&sr=1-26

81GRtbpyTCL._SL1500_.jpg

It's only 5 bucks atm.  http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00HEX8TA4/

Believe it or not, that's one of the best mice you can buy.

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

For the love of god do not buy anything by Razor!

Worthless pretty junk that's not worth the blue neon light that blinks within it.

I had an abyssus which is considered an entry level mouse. Favored by many SC2 players for its ergonomics, and by me for that same reason. After a year and some research on newer mice. Coupled with my desire to be mlg and catch them all, so to speak. I switched to the Deathadder 2013 edition.

Have had the same Deathadder 2013 edition for 2 years. It is working awesome and I still mlg no scope like it is new. Very happy with my purchase.

Had a Arctosa during the same time that I had the abyssus. Worked to my liking for a <35 dollar gaming keyboard with decent anti ghosting. Btw it is the lycosa without the lights and media controller. Only thing I really didn't like was the lack of back lighting because I game a decent amount in a dark room. Also a few keys I really abused started crapping out after about 2 years. Again, entry level keyboard.

Now I use the Logitech G105. Pretty good keyboard for the price. Also has 6 programmable keys on the left side for you mmorpg nerds. Very durable and good multi key input. Backlit keys for gaming in the dark. Has survived a lot of punishment like beer spills, ash, and general tom foolery. 

And the whole time I have had a steelseries mouse pad. Best Mouse Pad Ever Period

P.S. One thing I have noticed that I don't like about the G105 is that it is hard on the wrists for long sessions. Also will probably be looking for a tenkeyless board next. I mean really...who uses the numpad anymore?

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 17 July 2015 - 12:52 AM.

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

P.S. One thing I have noticed that I don't like about the G105 is that it is hard on the wrists for long sessions. Also will probably be looking for a tenkeyless board next. I mean really...who uses the numpad anymore?

Outside of gaming, when you need to input a lot of numbers, it's handy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users