Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Final Update

------------------------------------------

I'd like to thank all participating teams and players for their efforts this past weekend.  A lot of competitive players got a good look at Siege, and I hope it informs their perspectives as we discuss our Season 3 gametype(s).  We will continue these TPG Cups - probably on a monthly basis - and explore new gametypes, mutators, player counts, and restrictions.

Congratulations to the Temporary Tangs for winning the first TPG Hawken Cup!

-M1lkshake

-THETOEMASHER

-GaryFlyAndTheGirls

-Hyginos

-kirkgonewild

-GGGanjaMan

-hestoned

-thebuttsatisfier

---------------------------------------

Help TPG test Siege's competitive viability! We'll be running our first Siege Cup next Saturday, starting @ 3 PM EST (12 PM PST).  The winning team even gets a spot on TPG's wall of Champions!

Quick Update 3: We've rescheduled the remaining semi-final and the final for Sunday, May 31st @ 6 EST and 7 EST, respectively.

Quick Update 2:

Here's the current schedule: http://challonge.com/HwkSgCup

Remember: Matches consist of a single round played on a map selected by TPG.  If your team loses their first match, don't fret - we're running a double elimination format, so you'll play at least two games.  Furthermore, we'll help schedule scrims for any teams which lose both their matches and wish to continue playing. 

At 3 EST, we'll start with the BLG.rats against The Hawken Collective (Map Selection: Frontline), and Violent Resolution against cannon fodder (Map Selection: Origin).  I would appreciate it if teams could fill their rosters between now and then.  Register on the TPG site (if you've not already), select the Hawken Siege Cup from the dropdown menu, select your team, and enter the join password (provided by your team captain.  Please do so promptly.

Vanguard and the Temporary Tangs have been given a bye into the second round, partially to provide even matchmaking, and partially to provide Vanguard time to find subs.  If they do not participate, then their opponents will receive forfeit wins. 

As for servers, find an option that works for both teams.  We have access to East, Central, and West servers (I think we've access to some West servers, anyway); test your pings, see what's fair.  If you're having trouble, message me on Steam (OmniNept) and I'll sort through server options.

Hopping on Hawken TS isn't necessary, but you may find it helpful for match scheduling.  I'll be idling in an empty channel - ping me to get my attention (or send me a Steam message).

PS: coldform, please add me on Steam.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Update: We'll be switching the format from single elimination to double elimination, but we'll keep with the one round per match.

Participants: Ensure that you're registered on the TPG site: http://www.tpgleague.org/hwksg/

Team Captains: Create a new team for the Siege Cup through your Control Panel (left-hand side).  Select Manage Organizations (or Create Organization, if this is your first time on TPG), and select the Hawken Siege Cup from the League drop-down menu.

Remember: The event starts @ 3 EST tomorrow (Saturday).  You needn't hop onto the Hawken TS, but I would like all captains to add me as a Steam Contact (OmniNept) tonight.  Will make scheduling easier.

Quick and Dirty:

-Double Elimination

-One map per match, as chosen by TPG

-Participating teams must be registered within this thread by Friday, May 29th @ 12:00 AM EST (I will work with participating captains to register their teams through the TPG site)

Ruleset:

-6v6

-Game Content (Section 2) Ruleset from TPG S2 applies: http://www.tpgleague.../hwk/rules/#2.3

-Players are expected to abide by TPG Match Process regulations (minus the multiple rounds), as per Section 4.5

-Server selection information to come

Additional Notes:

-Short notice, but we've sufficient teams to run the cup. Please make an effort to attend (can use subs, as per TPG regulations)

-First of several TPG Cups

-Omniscient will be sitting out

*Edit* TPG's Siege Cup page is now open: http://www.tpgleague.org/hwksg/

Confirmed Teams:

The Automatic Mustangs

Trentik Defense Militia

Vanguard

BLG.rats (tentative)

THC

vR

Edited by Nept, 01 June 2015 - 06:13 PM.

• KejiGoto, DerMax, ThirdEyE and 5 others like this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Bunker siege onli plz

• talons1337 and comic_sans like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Help TPG test Siege's competitive viability! We'll be running our first Siege Cup next Saturday, starting @ 3 PM EST (12 PM PST).

-Omniscient will be sitting out

Thanks for helping out guys.

• breadeffect, Nept and CraftyDus like this

oSpBaPA.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
I would literally rather stick my fuzzy bunny in a foetid, rusty drainpipe than play S3 as Siege so you better believe I will test the fuzzy bunny out of this to test my hypotheses.
  • Nept and comic_sans like this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I would literally rather stick my fuzzy bunny in a foetid, rusty drainpipe than play S3 as Siege so you better believe I will test the fuzzy bunny out of this to test my hypotheses.

Well go ahead and do it  :tongue: Cuz Elite guarant-damn-tees that S3 will be siege  :yes:

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Considering how little it takes skill differential wise to wildly skew a siege match, I don't think it would be a particularly enjoyable competitive mode. One of the benefits of MA, especially on triangle maps, is that the score can look a lot closer than it is, which IMO is a better experience for the players involved and for any potential spectators.

With that said, I will try to participate for science.

• LEmental, IareDave and Nept like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

TPG Siege site is now open: http://www.tpgleague.org/hwksg/

([Handsome]'s presence on the teams list is just for testing purposes)

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

We can probably get a squad together for this, I hope

• KejiGoto and Nept like this

oSpBaPA.png

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

The Automatic Mustangs have confirmed.  Let's get some more registrations going, guys.  Remember: Cups are separate from the League.  You can create an entirely new team for cups, or fill the roster with people from other league teams.

• M1lkshake and CraftyDus like this

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

The Automatic Mustangs have confirmed.  Let's get some more registrations going, guys.  Remember: Cups are separate from the League.  You can create an entirely new team for cups, or fill the roster with people from other league teams.

Nept is a fuzzy bunny. 

• CraftyDus likes this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Three teams confirmed, guys - let's get a move on with these signups.  Want a decent showing.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

TDM will participate. We will be nailing down our roster over the next couple days.

• coldform, CraftyDus and SOD_CyberTormentor like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
So much yes! Been waiting for TPG siege. If anyone needs a free agent to round out a team I would be overjoyed to participate.
  • CraftyDus likes this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

We need another person interrobang

• CraftyDus likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Pending finalization of the roster (deadline Thursday) the B-team will have something to register.

May register under BLG.rats

• Nept and CraftyDus like this

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

We need another person interrobang

put me in coach, I'm ready to play! Pm me some deetz

Larazard

Larazard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Does anyone need another person to fill the roster? I love Siege, and have a good win ratio... *eyebrow waggle*

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

put me in coach, I'm ready to play! Pm me some deetz

Cool, you already know, time is saturday, 3 PM EST. Come to our clan's ts (ip= anniesboobs.typefrag.com)

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Oh, and yes, thc team confirmed.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Does anyone need another person to fill the roster? I love Siege, and have a good win ratio... *eyebrow waggle*

I'd love to snap you up, but I'm dealing with an over-full roster at the moment.

I'd ask THC or bother fuzzy bunnyng Omega/Saturday about getting vR into the Cup.

It's separate from TPG so there's no commitment, so it works for all sides.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I think we still need one more LAZERZARD.

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Come join us Lara... 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Yeah lara feel free to join. If phed will also come over we'll be 7 and then I'll drop and let you guys play instead.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Yeah lara feel free to join. If phed will also come over we'll be 7 and then I'll drop and let you guys play instead.

Nah man, rotate.

People gotta eat, drink, pee, drink some more.

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

vR should bere.

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Larazard

Larazard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I think we still need one more LAZERZARD.

Come join us Lara... 

SWEET. I'll check with vR to see if they need anyone/are participating, otherwise I'm there.

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

SWEET. I'll check with vR to see if they need anyone/are participating, otherwise I'm there.

Our incentives package blows theirs away.
  • Elite_is_salty and Interrobang87 like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Quick Update: We'll be switching the format from single elimination to double elimination, but we'll keep with the one round per match.

Participants: Ensure that you're registered on the TPG site: http://www.tpgleague.org/hwksg/

Team Captains: Create a new team for the Siege Cup through your Control Panel (left-hand side).  Select Manage Organizations (or Create Organization, if this is your first time on TPG), and select the Hawken Siege Cup from the League drop-down menu.

Remember: The event starts @ 3 EST tomorrow (Saturday).  You needn't hop onto the Hawken TS, but I would like all captains to add me as a Steam Contact (OmniNept) tonight.  Will make scheduling easier.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Our incentives package blows theirs away.

omega's anger intensifies :p

• _incitatus likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Team Captains: Create a new team for the Siege Cup through your Control Panel (left-hand side). Select Manage Organizations (or Create Organization, if this is your first time on TPG), and select the Hawken Siege Cup from the League drop-down menu.

Remember: The event starts @ 3 EST tomorrow (Saturday). You needn't hop onto the Hawken TS, but I would like all captains to add me as a Steam Contact (OmniNept) tonight. Will make scheduling easier.

I see some fuzzy bunnyng keeners have already signed up.
  • Nept likes this

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

We unfortunately cannot field a team for this.  Glhf all!

Edit:  Unless 1-2 people are looking for a team to play with.  Respond here or irc or pm me if interested.

Edited by ThirdEyE, 29 May 2015 - 11:40 PM.

oSpBaPA.png

GGGanjaMan

GGGanjaMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Well done spelling Siege on the TPG website!

• Nept and comic_sans like this

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Thanks brobrah!

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Some badass sub for Vanguard - they can't have any of my ringers, I need them.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

Third Needs a couple winners, it could be you. Get on it

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Here's the current schedule: http://challonge.com/HwkSgCup

Remember: Matches consist of a single round played on a map selected by TPG.  If your team loses their first match, don't fret - we're running a double elimination format, so you'll play at least two games.  Furthermore, we'll help schedule scrims for any teams which lose both their matches and wish to continue playing. 

At 3 EST, we'll start with the BLG.rats against The Hawken Collective (Map Selection: Frontline), and Violent Resolution against cannon fodder (Map Selection: Origin).  I would appreciate it if teams could fill their rosters between now and then.  Register on the TPG site (if you've not already), select the Hawken Siege Cup from the dropdown menu, select your team, and enter the join password (provided by your team captain.  Please do so promptly.

Vanguard and the Temporary Tangs have been given a bye into the second round, partially to provide even matchmaking, and partially to provide Vanguard time to find subs.  If they do not participate, then their opponents will receive forfeit wins. 

As for servers, find an option that works for both teams.  We have access to East, Central, and West servers (I think we've access to some West servers, anyway); test your pings, see what's fair.  If you're having trouble, message me on Steam (OmniNept) and I'll sort through server options.

Hopping on Hawken TS isn't necessary, but you may find it helpful for match scheduling.  I'll be idling in an empty channel - ping me to get my attention (or send me a Steam message).

PS: coldform, please add me on Steam.

Edited by Nept, 30 May 2015 - 10:45 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
There's no such thing as Facility Siege you colossal scrublet.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Already edited.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

So I think we fuzzed this one up. I've had a tough week in school so this has definitely been on the backburner for me. We still plan on participating in the actual TPG season

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

First Match is being streamed by eth0 (THC vs. BLG.rats): http://www.twitch.tv/eth0ethan

Thanks, eth0!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users