14 replies to this topic

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Watch the video.

In private TPG server Omega's Playhouse, but it can happen in a lot of servers for me.  It happened whether I was recording or not.  My ping was a solid 56. Playing "dark Hawken" mode where you enable the Plastic hawken ini and then turn textures to high.  I have been using this mode in an attempt to prevent the ridiculous frame dips.  In the video the frames don't drops too low but you can sorta make out that they stay between 50-75.  I run a 144hz monitor and have the my max framerate settings set to 144.  When dark hawken is working right i can stay above 125 frames an entire match.

This happens to me in about 1/2 my matches.  I whine about it all the time and I'm tired of feeling like a whiny fuzzy bunny.

Could this be an ISP issue?  Should I reset all my config files?  Why does server lag give me the bad framerate?

• Draigun, ThirdEyE, eth0 and 2 others like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I should be supporting you since you're my teammate but why make two threads about the exact same problem and post the same material just with a new description? There's and edit button man! Come on now!

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

we were watching eth0 and incitatus' streams and it was quite a match

Between inci's damage beeping alerts in his scout and constantly broken windshield, solastarian's interjections of "I'm drunk, HELP!",

Poopslinger's escalating aggrevation about his game's fps lag,  Elite's mangled-by-latency, digitally modulated shot call's from tatooine, and the innumerable see-sawing of tied scores, it was quality Hawken drama.

• PoopSlinger, MechFighter5e3bf9, ThirdEyE and 3 others like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I should be supporting you since you're my teammate but why make two threads about the exact same problem and post the same material just with a new description? There's and edit button man! Come on now!

This is in tech support so I can ask questions of why? How? WTF?

• Elite_is_salty likes this

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Though I don't know what the hell dark hawken, I'm running a GTX970 and get stupid FPS drops, even when I'm running high or medium textures.

I really wish someone would come up with a solid fix for this mess.

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Ironically, I have since turned up my settings to high and put the fancy effects on and the frame bottlenecking problem still shows up but now persists for not nearly as much time as it did. The longest I have had it follow me has been an entire map rotation in TDM but now if it only shows up once per game it lasts a measly two minutes or so. It still makes the game very hard to play when it is there but this way I can play sometimes.

These are merely my observations so more than likely this is a coincidence more than anything.

• Jelooboi likes this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I just don't get why it does it when there is no ping spikes and my hardware isn't at capacity.

• Jelooboi likes this

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Had fps problems on the TPG-420 server, frame rate fuzzy bunny the bed to 40 fps. Never dips that low, even on Medium/Medium with a GTX 780. Running a 144hz myself; fps dips start to affect your match performance around the 60 to 70 mark from my testing.

I created a thread about engine load stuttering, which evidently is an issue on top of the occasional, sporadic FPS fault. Combined, your mech simulator 2015 experience degrades significantly.

• MomOw, EM1O and CraftyDus like this

TpsOr7F.png

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

nm. got ninja'd.

much more relevant post >>--^

Edited by em1o, 18 June 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Thanks Draigun. 

Edited by PoopSlinger, 19 June 2015 - 05:18 AM.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Please Cap'tn Josh, find an exorcism to that J1-B4B4 black magic !!!

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
Did you enable vsync via your gpu dashboard (not hawkens vsync, §moothing or framerate §oft limit) set sensitivity in hawken to 50 as a baseline, set windows mouse sens to the sixth notch for 0 interpolation disable acceleration too, and finaly set mouse usb polling rate to 1000 because syncing your gpu to your monitor wont do any good in fast movements if your mouse is sen?ing a sputter of jagged scattered dots as input rather than á steady stream (test difference with pencil in zoomed mspaint) oh and i seem to be using aroung 800s-900s-1100 cpi area might need less if your not closé up and fov 110 this just improved my frames ánd tearing and input lag all at once tonight

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Did you enable vsync via your gpu dashboard (not hawkens vsync, §moothing or framerate §oft limit) set sensitivity in hawken to 50 as a baseline, set windows mouse sens to the sixth notch for 0 interpolation disable acceleration too, and finaly set mouse usb polling rate to 1000 because syncing your gpu to your monitor wont do any good in fast movements if your mouse is sen?ing a sputter of jagged scattered dots as input rather than á steady stream (test difference with pencil in zoomed mspaint) oh and i seem to be using aroung 800s-900s-1100 cpi area might need less if your not closé up and fov 110 this just improved my frames ánd tearing and input lag all at once tonight

futuramafry.jpg

• n3onfx and Jelooboi like this

TpsOr7F.png

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Had fps problems on the TPG-420 server, frame rate fuzzy bunny the bed to 40 fps. Never dips that low, even on Medium/Medium with a GTX 780. Running a 144hz myself; fps dips start to affect your match performance around the 60 to 70 mark from my testing.

I created a thread about engine load stuttering, which evidently is an issue on top of the occasional, sporadic FPS fault. Combined, your mech simulator 2015 experience degrades significantly.

Darn

Spoiler

I guess this is what I get for running a laptop that was made without gaming in mind

2XhpJes.png

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Let me clarify: the notable impact on match performance should only apply to those gaming on a 120/144Hz monitor. It's desirable to upgrade from 60Hz to 120/144Hz; it's also desirable to remain only at 60Hz—never to experience 120/144hz fluid motion and the difference between 60Hz.

But, it is not desirable to downgrade from 120/144hz to 60Hz; you will never want to use 60Hz monitors ever again.

Obviously, Hz ? FPS (unless you have variable refresh rate technology), but 60 fps dips on a 120/144Hz capable monitor will replicate a 60Hz experience. Consequently, reaction times diminish, fluid motion dissipates, and the amount of information stored in each frame is reduced considerably.

In your case, sabrehawk90, you probably don't suffer much of an impact, believe it or not—that is, only assuming you've never ran a 75Hz+ monitor.

In terms of technicalities though, your input lag is increased, and the amount of information you can process with each frame being rendered is reduced; which, depending on how you handle it, could impact performance significantly or marginally. It's only a matter of perspective, and some can actually play extremely well with 30 to 60 fps. I think a better way to approach situations such as these is to adjust and fine tune your actions based on your output performance, all through a continuous real-time process.

Edited by Draigun, 26 June 2015 - 12:27 AM.

TpsOr7F.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shittyframes, Lag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users