Photo

PRIORITY TARGET | Map / Mech system and polls.

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

eu_priority_target_3_by_mrfreeze001-d8yo

Good day,

Right, so a few updates about the league: I'm still waiting on confirmation for the prizes. Don't know why it's taking this long, just bear with me. Devs are busy people, can't blame 'em. 

In other news DerMax and I have talked about the choosing of maps and mechs. This is the system suggested:

The map will be chosen before the match using a banning system. One team will start by banning a maps, then the other team will ban another, and so on until only one map remains. This will then be the map used for all 5 rounds.

The team composition will happen using the good ol' team picking way. One player picks a mech, the other team picks a mech, and so on. This gives teams the opportunity to have a balanced first round and adjust player composition based on that round. Another suggestion is to allow each team to ban one mech either for the enemy team or both teams.

Example:

Spoiler

So now it's up to you to get in on the decision making and fill out some polls:

Team composition system

Mech banning poll.

As for everything else, the maps and team composition systems, feel free to debate. 

Cheers,

Freeze

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 13 July 2015 - 05:11 AM.

• DerMax, Nept, Guns_N_Rozer and 4 others like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

The map picking can happen in a Google Docs spreadsheet, in real time.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

The map picking can happen in a Google Docs spreadsheet, in real time.

I hope you get your own subforum so that you don't bother non-EU people with your Priority Target stuff.

troll_face5.png

In all seriousness, nice work dr_freeze and co.  Glad to see things moving within the EU scene.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 2 others like this

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Clarification needed on the mech ban system.

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

GO GO EU HAWKEN!

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Yeah, I'm not sure about the banning thing after all. I was thinking along the lines of the Dota 2 draft/ban system, but there are so many cons that I don't think it'd work well.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Clarification: Each team would be able to ban one mech for either only the other team or both teams.

Example: The map is Facility, on which there is a very good strategy where the SS takes S2 and camps out there. To combat this one team would ban the SS straight-out and the other team would then not be allowed to have an SS on their team.

That's one possible scenario. Another is that you're playing on Uptown and a team wants to ban incins or grens due to the high location of the bridge room. Yet another would be that a team is known to play an incin + tech combo. This would allow the opposing team to ban the tech. Don't like playing against preds? Ban the opposing team from using preds.

You'll only be able to ban a mech at the start of the match and the ban counts for all rounds. You can't change a ban mid-match.

I personally don't know about this, hence the poll. The upside is that it'll encourage diversity in terms of playstyle ( note that it's forced diversity, which is not at all a good solution). The downside would be abuse in case one teammember is known to only play one mech and put the team at a disadvantage (however, that's when reserve players can be very handy). One of the things that could benefit is that the ban counts for both teams instead of just the enemy team and making it a penalty for both you and the enemy team.

So if the poll is successful I'll look more into it, otherwise it won't be implemented.

• DerMax likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Lel. Ban mechs. Sure thing, I'm totally into it. Lets vote for 1 mech that is allowed to be used. And 1 internals/items layout. Because of reasons.

Pffff.

However i do belive that everyone shares my opinion in that case... So whatever.
Why poll results are not public?

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Why poll results are not public?

They should be. When you finish a poll you'l get send to a 'Thank you for filling in- ' or something similar screen. There you can click the 'See previous reactions' button. 

Reactions for the team composition system poll.

Reactions for the mech ban poll.

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I voted using mobile, while going to work, nothing has been displayed except some confirmation. Thank you and sorry, my bad.

SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
HAWKEN the MOBA.. I think I'm okay with this. Honestly, it does sound like a lot of fun. Supah jelleh. ;P

cUB1aCW.jpg?2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users