• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

DonCornelius

DonCornelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

OK first off let me disclose the fact that im not one of the best players. I am rated around 1600 MMR which is an average player i think. But siege is my game. its what I do and i love it. Siege is like pizza, even when its awful its still good to have. Siege is the ultimate game mode because its not just about how fast you can dodge and how accurate you can shoot. With knowlage even poor players such as myself can excel. Knowlage IS power and teamwork is the most powerful weapon. This guide is for new players and everyone is new at some point in their hawKen career. Here are some pointers to get you started playing siege effectively. Siege has objectives and if you dont know them you are dead weight and your team will loose. Winning is way better. So lets learn and use the power of knowlage to win.

First off let me explain the basics. The goal of the game is to reduce the other team's score to zero before your score is reduced to zero. You reduce the other teams score by collecting green energy units (EU) and delivering them to your base. When you have delivered enough you launch a battleship that flies over the battlefield launching missiles at the enemys base thereby reducing their score. So long as the enemy does not have a battleship in flight EU will slowly trickle in to your base. in the center of the battlefield is the anti-aircraft (AA) missile launcher. Whenever a battleship is in the air either yours OR theirs, occupying and controlling the AA is all important. Games are either won or lost at the AA. AA is way WAY more important than delivering EU. This is because launching AA  missiles is how a battleship is most effectively destroyed. You can shoot your mech's weaponry at the battleship but AA missiles take a ship down so much faster. When your team has a ship controlling the AA protects your battleship as it reduces the opponent's score. When the opponents have a battleship aloft controlling the AA destroys their b-ship preventing them from reducing your score.

TLDNR here are some quick and dirty tips for sucess.

1.  "AA NOW"

You will see teammates call out things like "AA NOW" that usually means we have enough EU to launch our ship OR it means the enemy is about to launch their ship. Either way the "NOW" means what it means. STOP what you are doing and go directly to the AA to support your team. NOW does not mean AFTER you go to drop your load of EU. Even if your tank is full turn around and proceed directly to the AA. This is because the team who arrives at AA first has the best chance of holding the AA. If ALL teammates do not go to the AA and ALL opponents do go to the AA you are going to get your butt kicked. You will lose.

2. EU trickles in 

The green EU slowly comes in and because if this you dont have to top off every last point of EU at your base to launch your ship. It will launch itself eventually. It stops trickling in when the enemy launches THEIR battleship but the trickle resumes when the ship is shot down. If you controll the AA their ship goes down real quick. If they controll the AA YOUR ship goes down real quick. Its all about the AA, EU collection is less important.

3. "AA ALL IN"

you need more players than your opponent does INSIDE the AA perimiter to launch missiles at the enemy's b-ship. You also need more players INSIDE the AA perimiter to PREVENT the enemy from launching missiles at your b-ship. The more players inside the AA the FASTER it launches missiles. If a team has too many players sniping or doing other things outside the AA the enemy will controll the AA and your team will loose. The AA is so much more imortant than anything else. Victory can ONLY be achieved through controll of the AA.

These are the basics and should get you started on a rewarding career in siege warefare. Remember get to the AA before they and you should be OK. Do not become discouraged. Do not give up. And if you dont know when you should, dont shoot the ship, instead continue to assault the AA. Fighting against impossible odds will make you stronger. Quitting is the road to weakness. If you cant controll your urge to quit, I would like to invite you to not play siege. Siege is not for the weak of spirit. 

Siege is the game of Kings. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

And remember to tell your moms, EVERY night is ladies night at DonC's lounge.

Peace.

edited for spelling

Edited by DonCornelius, 07 August 2015 - 02:17 PM.

• phed, Badtings, HHJFTRU and 1 other like this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Not bad, but there is a "Help and Guides" section that this would be much better suited for.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Siege is the ultimate game mode

Solid guide apart from that statement.

Edited by meatmissile_, 07 August 2015 - 03:43 PM.

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Sadly as mentioned several times before by others, those who do not play Siege properly will never get to read these numerous excellent Siege guides.

And then you have dimwits trolling a perfectly decent thread for shits and giggles whilst cancering up the forum with utter tosh.

Edited by reVelske, 07 August 2015 - 02:58 PM.

• Charcoal and kaiserschmarrn_ like this

DonCornelius

DonCornelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Not bad, but there is a "Help and Guides" section that this would be much better suited for.

im a novice forum user. if this post can be moved there i would be cool with that. but i dont know how to move it.

• Badtings likes this

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Per usge, Don Cornelius, the king of kings makes some good points. Love playing siege with you bro.

wmmoney.png

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I never play Siege...maybe I should start  :unsure:

*+

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

DonCornelius

DonCornelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

right back at you money. is that a pic of your kid?

D cat i highly recommend siege. its great if you like team sports. siege requires coordination and awareness to excel.

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
@OP nicely done. Gj. What region u play?

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I never play Siege...maybe I should start  :unsure:

*+

I rarely play Siege, I had to play that mode this morning because it was the only server >2000MMR in EU.

Most of the timeI feel it too long and somewhat boring, I understand why people ragequit a lot in this mode because some games are lost but still last for a few long and painful minutes.

But there was a very exciting sequence : at the end of one game both bases were at ~360HP and both teams launched the aircraft. It was a sort of last man standing rush at the AA to save our base and win.

So I feel that reducing the base HP to something like 750 would be a good deal for me.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Those are good tips, but the factors that'll make me quit a game aren't the same

Rage Inducers:

Not reading chat

Not making an effort to go to AA when it's time.

Launching when we are nowhere near holding AA

Shooting ship from far outside AA before even making an attempt at AA

No attempt to assist the folks actually going for AA

If I'm on a losing team that actually goes for AA, I'll take my lumps, but If it's a no assist, No AA team, then there are better ways to spend my shrinking free time

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Also, ALWAYS chase the enemy down for the kill.   Even if you chase them into their base and die from turrets, as long as you get the kill.

• Charcoal likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
I like your message. Did you set out thinking, "hmm, how many ways can I say, 'get on the aa'?"?

I aa so hard, I king-of-the-hill on it in dm.
  • Charcoal and Badtings like this

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Thanks for taking the time Don.

Who doesn't LOVE Foghorn!

"Boy's about as sharp as a sack of wet mice"

;D

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png