Photo

My Intro & In-Depth Hawken Guides

- - - - - guide guides new players game modes basics mechs classes weapons Intro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

OvertoneJones

OvertoneJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi, so to start this post, I want to tell a little about myself: I've been an avid gamer for about 10 years now.  I started playing Hawken back in 2012 or so, maybe earlier. I loved it then and played it a LOT... Until my laptop got stolen. After that I had a fair chunk of time where I was not playing video games for an obvious reason: No hardware (i cri evri tym.)

Recently, I got a new desktop and got back into gaming and one of the first games I decided to get back into was Hawken. Getting back into the game with a fresh account (embarrassing/old account names/aliases, ya know?), I remembered what a grind it was to get new mechs and I also remembered that though Hawken doesn't necessarily have a steep learning curve, it does have a few many things about it that you should know, but aren't at all obvious. 

Now, to cut to the chase I want to make guides for new players or even intermediate players about the straight basics of the game, the etiquette and strategies of different game modes, playing different classes and mechs, for specific weapons, and most importantly, team playing. Now, these guides are going to be from my own experience, not from other forum posts or videos.

I trust that I'm well versed enough in this game to teach people how to play it, and I've already done so for a few people in game. Now, the reason for this post, I want opinions from the community. 

1. What do you guys think? Do you Like this idea?
  2. Which topics should I hit first in the guide? (First request? Order?)
  3. Do you guys have any other things or mechanics you would like to see guides for?

I'm always open to suggestions from the community, so don't be afraid to dropem here. I'll also likely be uploading straight gameplay to youtube, maybe montages, just straight funnies, or challenges (no C repair, inverted [or in my case non inverted] games, etc). Also open to suggestions there.

Cheers

OTJ

• Nachoeslach likes this

OvertoneJones

OvertoneJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Seems like wrong category, Don't know how to erase this, so I'm reposting and hoping mod will take it down. Sorry :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, guides, new players, game modes, basics, mechs, classes, weapons, Intro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users