• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kindos7

Kindos7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

I think that currently we don't have enough options to fully customize our mechs.
Additionally, some new content (even if it's just cosmetics) would both show Reloaded's interest in the game and make it win some money.

With that in mind, I searched and found an idea: the possibility to add flags and/or icons at the frontal part of the mechs.

The following are some pics to demonstrate the general idea. If these were to be implemented, the outcome should look much better.

Spoiler
A blue Raider carrying the nereonian flag and the Nereonian Army insignia

Spoiler
This Grenadier has a german flag and a grenade icon. The grenade is a modified version of an emblem currently available

Spoiler
M1 Desert Bruiser with USA flag and EMP symbol

Spoiler
If there's a Raider I'd never trust, it's Yolxe Sparky's Raider, with the Union Jack and the ES_PARKY emblem.

The location of these icons could vary, and should be determined for each mech (what I've shown is not meant to be final).
As for the icons themselves, I would include the flags for all countries that have Hawken players (having all the flags would be the best, but that could be too much time consuming).
I would also include every icon that is already in Hawken that could be used: item icons, mech ability icons, pilot emblems...
Finally, this could be a good chance to let the community help by designing new icons. There's some talented artists in here who would do a good work.

I think this addition would be benefitial for the game, for both Reloaded and its community:

• More customization options: the mech will be more like its owner wants it to be.
  • New way of spending MC: those that already have everything they want and still have MC or would like to buy more now have a new reason to do so.
  • Small update: good chance to release a small update and demonstrate interest, something new until bigger updates come. It's also a small change to the game, so it shouldn't delay any other work.
  • Community participation: the best community designed icons could be added to the game. Allows the community to participate and get what they want.

Those that are against this change could easily be satisfied by adding a new option under the graphical settings that would simply hide these modifications.

Now I would like the opinions from the community. If they are for or against this idea, and why. But also about what icons to add, where to add them, how to, etc...

Special thanks to hellc9943 for providing me with pics and support.

EDIT: Added a fourth mech.

Edited by Kindos7, 12 August 2015 - 04:19 PM.

• Miscellaneous, SparkyJJC, Meraple and 4 others like this

"Go pro, it's worth it"

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

It needs some touching up(cosmetically) but this could work.

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Great idea, as long as it isn't just limited to real world national flags and opens the door to all sorts of decals (Which OP mentioned anyway). I'd jump at the chance to make custom icons, or to be able to display team logos on mechs, etc. Reminds me a little of sprays in TF2 (Which I enjoy making).

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Custom sprays and clan logos (subject to Reloaded approval) for big MC bux plz

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I'd say have it like they do with stickers in CS:GO - allow them to be put in several different places all over the mech.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

I can't wait 'til we can do this :D

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I would like to see a simple sticker and paint editor like the one in Forza.  Seeing how many incredible things can be done by just allowing players to stack simple colored shapes... yeah, do it.

This should be a reasonbly easy update.

• DM30 likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Moeaswordusrex

Moeaswordusrex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Nice

Damn it seth!

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Been asking for this since alpha.  Lot of back end work to do and policy things to figure out, but yea, I'd be throwing money at my monitor

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I'm up for expressing my britishness on my mech while I kill people

fe8.gif

Spoiler

reVelske

reVelske

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Nevermind paint, I want a little physical flag on my mech.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flag, icons, skins, customization

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users