• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I confess I got into Hawken later than most,  missed the early stages.  As a result, I missed the opportunity to buy many of the COOL skins, components, body styles, etc.

The round,  tin-can-of-tuna Scout, 

The pink heart underwear camo,

And most of all,  the GHOST halloween repair bot!!!

The ability to customize mechs is one thing I LOVE about this game!  I have spent WELL over $500 on this game, so far, and well worth it,  to support this project.  

I HOPE you guys will be bringing back some of the classic body styles, camo,  jet flames,  new dances, etc, I missed out on.  Sorry, I got back into PC gaming  from my dark PS3 days late!  

Have coin,  will spend,  please bring back these classic styles,  or maybe some holiday themed skins and items.  We need more stuff to blow money on,  before we can blow it!! 

• M3CH47 likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

im 100% sure they will keep doing holiday themed stuff like ADH did - but some things (like the thrusters you mentioned) are locked to people that bought in to the Vanguard Initiative alpha/beta thingy so they wont come back

thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

valentine's day camo is pure love, got it when first came out and i ahve with my Incinerator and even my Tech. Let's spread Love Heat everywhere!

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

Steel

Steel everywhere~

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

This game desperately needs more content , and as much of it as possible needs to be monetized. Cosmetic stuff is vital in making the game financially viable for reloaded.

On the subject of the vanguard cupcake, I think it should be available for purchase MC only.  Adhesive are a dead stick and as such the vanguard initiative is too.

I didn't get into hawken until open beta but would be willing to pay to get this mech. I think if it's MC only then I don't see a problem.

Edited by Ninja_Goat, 11 April 2015 - 07:32 AM.

• FRX23 likes this

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I don't think they should bring back most of the stuff that's already been timed exclusive. You were either there to get it or not. However, we'll still get new stuff on holidays and they may do throwback skins on occasion that are similar, but not the exact same old ones.

Let's keep the originals original and ask them to add new stuff instead.

• bacon_avenger, -Tj-, DieselCat and 2 others like this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

The worst thing to alienate some players is to lock them out of stuff pointlessly, the Cupcake is a perfect example of having no reason not to be up for purchase with MC. Anyways, yeah some new cosmetics or Mechs in and of themselves, would be nice.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Personal option:

I wouldn't mind seeing the older camo's brought back, or the boo drone (which I bought a bundle to get :tongue:)

But the cupcake cosmetics and mech (which is identical to the standard vanguard, just with a different name in the game)...  I vote an empathetic no.

The cupcake was available to anyone back during the vanguard initiative, and was sold specifically as an exclusive for those who bought into the highest level bundle.

Reloaded is under no obligation to uphold the agreement ADH/MTR made with players from that time (and rumor has it that MTR was considering offering it back up for sale, but backed away from it due to the uproar that occurred from those they asked), but many people, myself included, would be very disappointed and upset if they did.

• ReEvolve, nokari, -Tj- and 2 others like this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Personal option:

I wouldn't mind seeing the older camo's brought back, or the boo drone (which I bought a bundle to get :tongue:)

The BOO bundle!!  That's what I want!   Bad!   What an awesome ghost! 

But the cupcake cosmetics and mech (which is identical to the standard vanguard, just with a different name in the game)...  I vote an empathetic no.

You can rename mechs anyway,  just click on it, in your garage, and on the information window on the upper left, click on the name.  If offers to let you rename your mechs.

I think I'll rename my Scout to "Ziggy"!

As for the Exclusive options, I agree, Keeping them exclusive should be a perk for those who bought that.    But, they need to offer more content, profie pix.  The BEST ones I missed out on!    ):      

Particularly the "Nemesis"  Bundle icon,  the "Mercenary" Bundle, and the "Hawken Initiate"  icons are all the COOLEST!!

Comon,  don't penalize me for being late to the party!!  I'm late but I brought my bling,  Fo'Shizzle!!

More User Content please,  Cap'n Josh !!!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

The BOO bundle!!  That's what I want!   Bad!   What an awesome ghost!

Rumor has it that Kang Lee himself didn't want it available beyond the Halloween rental as it didn't fit with the 'feel' he was going for with Hawken.

The joke that went around when it was made available in the bundle was 'I wonder how drunk they got him to agree with that...' :wink:

You can rename mechs anyway,  just click on it, in your garage, and on the information window on the upper left, click on the name.  If offers to let you rename your mechs.

Not quite what I was referring to. :smile:
LrkNm1R.jpg
If you look, it's called an "Initiate Vanguard" (and I named mine Rosie. Was thinking of an AC/DC song at the time :wink:) and it's considered a unique mech in the game. Aside from the name, it's identical to a 'regular' vanguard.

The cupcake cosmetics, drone, thrusters, and chassis are useable across all my mechs, per the usual 'rules' (can't put the cupcake chassis on an A class, but I can use the drone and thrusters on whatever I want).

As for the Exclusive options, I agree, Keeping them exclusive should be a perk for those who bought that.    But, they need to offer more content, profie pix.  The BEST ones I missed out on!

Oh, I fully agree. As much as I like having my inf being a unique looking one with the snowflake camo, I think it would be a good idea for them to bring it back. :tongue:

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I played in closed and open beta. Unfortunately I did not buy a lot of the special stuff. I bought the $5 package because it was all I could afford. I'm on Social Security Disability and money was and still is (but not as bad) tight. I had a lot of huge medical bills then. I've gotten a lot more help since then. So I don't have the Cupcake or the special skin for it. I wish I had now, just so I could remember it. Oh well hindsight is great but doesn't get me the mech or skin, lol. Life goes on. :D

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

The worst thing to alienate some players is to lock them out of stuff pointlessly, the Cupcake is a perfect example of having no reason not to be up for purchase with MC.

There is a reason, a big one: it would lose its value by making it much less special and exclusive. I'm sure most of those who bought into the VC package wouldn't like that (myself included).

Putting exclusive deals up like the VC package gets players who know about it at the time to spend money they might otherwise not. If people miss out on the deal, whether it be because they couldn't afford it or didn't know about it, sorry, that's just how life is sometimes. I miss out on a lot of stuff, I just happened to be there when they offered the VC package and had the extra cash to spend on it. If they'd released the deal now when I can't really afford it, I just wouldn't be able to spend that money and I'd miss out.

Hopefully they'll release new packs again in the future, with exclusive chassis parts on non-exclusive mechs (or limited time exclusive mechs that will eventually be made available to everyone, like the Cupcake). Just make sure you don't miss out, and tell everyone so they don't miss out, either. ;)

• DieselCat likes this

IamSrk

IamSrk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

There is a reason, a big one: it would lose its value by making it much less special and exclusive. I'm sure most of those who bought into the VC package wouldn't like that (myself included).

What value? If that could make people spend on this game (Support Game/ Devs) what's the problem? After all, the original intention was to collect funds for the same purpose. 

BTW, these days, you won't see ANY player using those skins/ camos cause all have created smurf accounts. So where did the value go now?

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

HHHMMMMMM... so when Hawken failed and nearly dissapeared forever what was the Cupcake worth then ?  Zero that's what.

Reloaded need to make money to keep this game going.  Content is thin on the ground right now, and new players are coming in, and old players are returning.

I like the idea of exclusives but this game doesn't feel that it can afford be quite so picky. 

It's Reloaded's call at the end of the day.  I think they should make a new vanguard variant with different weapons and stats and use the Cupcake chassis for that.

I hope they do what is best for them, and not pander to a few vocal forum members, who lets face it won't quit if they do it, but more content may just help keep a few people around for longer.

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

What value? If that could make people spend on this game (Support Game/ Devs) what's the problem? After all, the original intention was to collect funds for the same purpose. 

BTW, these days, you won't see ANY player using those skins/ camos cause all have created smurf accounts. So where did the value go now?

Really? That's odd, because I just saw at least two or three players using it on various mechs last night. I use the Cupcake parts on a lot of my heavies, and the boosters on a lot of everything else. I use the repair drone on a lot of mechs as well. On top of that, you're making an assumption that only high-MMR players bought the VC package, which is completely untrue. Also, these players making smurf accounts are mostly just trying to play the game, not abandon the accounts which have their Cupcakes.

The value I speak of was already mentioned in my post: people will buy them because they believe they're getting something exclusive. If they believe it'll become available for purchase some other way in the future, they may wait, much like how people often wait for sales to buy a game. Those of us that bought the VC package believed not just that we were supporting the game, but that we were getting something we wouldn't be able to get in the future. If they decided to make the VC stuff available to everyone now, I'd seriously reconsider buying any "exclusive" items for the game again.

Edit:

If they want to make a sales boost, I would much prefer they add something new, not resell the VC package. That would also give me and others who already have the VC pack incentive to spend more money.

Edited by -Tj-, 12 April 2015 - 03:41 PM.

• bacon_avenger, crockrocket and DieselCat like this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

As strange as it sounds, I would agree make a new unique package for sale. I was there and was not able to buy it. I wish I did but I am not angry that I can't buy it now. I know that may sounds confusing to some people but it makes sense to me. Keep unique....unique. Make a new package for a time then do not ever sell it again. THAT people will like. Then when you do it again sometime in the future, people will believe you to keep it special and buy the new one offered as well. :D

In my opinion of course. That's my 2 old pennies worth. Your mileage may vary.

• -Tj- likes this

aEGHJsh.gif?1

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Really? That's odd, because I just saw at least two or three players using it on various mechs last night. I use the Cupcake parts on a lot of my heavies, and the boosters on a lot of everything else. I use the repair drone on a lot of mechs as well. On top of that, you're making an assumption that only high-MMR players bought the VC package, which is completely untrue. Also, these players making smurf accounts are mostly just trying to play the game, not abandon the accounts which have their Cupcakes.

I was in one of those matches, I'm far from a 'top tier' player, and I proudly run my initiate vanguard with cupcake cosmetics all the time.

Heck, I think my 'regular' vanguard is probably jealous as I never use it. :tongue:

Edited by bacon_avenger, 12 April 2015 - 11:50 PM.

• -Tj- and DieselCat like this

cs5t805.png?2

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

it would lose its value by making it much less special and exclusive.

Yeaaaaah, nah. See there's the problem, it's not special, it's not exclusive, and it has zero value. putting it up as a skin would generate revenue, and let people who weren't around then or were and were screwed out of it a chance to get it for their mechs that they actually like.

Spoiler

Edited by Brawler_Yukon, 13 April 2015 - 06:01 AM.

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
You can keep saying that it doesn't have value till you're blue in the face, but that doesn't change the fact that it does have value to those of us who have it. We wear our Cupcakes proudly. You're basically trying to devalue something for your own agenda.

Like I said, if they want to generate more revenue in a similar manner, it'd be better to make a new exclusive chassis pack. I'd buy it, other VC purchasers would probably buy it, players who want to support the new devs would buy it, and I'd wager that you'd buy it, too. But I certainly wouldn't buy amother VC pack, and I probably wouldn't spend money in the game again if they changed its exclusivity, knowing any future packs could be rerelased whenever the devs felt like it.

Edit: I just noticed what you wrote under the spoiler. If you feel it's a "flagrant middle finger" to those who missed the deal then that's fine, but consider this. Those of us who bought the VC pack were there when the pack was released, we were there since the freaking beginning, keeping watch on Hawken news, keeping interest in it. A lot of us were there to help get the game off the ground and help it grow. We saw potential in the game and happened to be around when the deal became known. It's not like we given the VC stuff for free, either. We paid for it. We paid to support it when the game wasn't even out of closed beta. We took a chance and threw a bunch of cash at a F2P game that wasn't even released yet, and STILL isn't out of beta. It's not even like it was only available to closed beta participants, either. And here you are trying to say that it's some kind of offensive move to not re-release it? I think it could be an even bigger middle finger to us Cupcake owners if they did release it again. Anyway, not saying your opinion isn't valid or anything, but saying that it's a kind of "F.U." to players who missed the deal just feels really misguided.

Edited by -Tj-, 13 April 2015 - 06:55 AM.

• bacon_avenger and Nov8tr like this

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I think Reloaded should host a design contest, allowing players to come up with drawn/modeled designs (probably just for cosmetics). Winning designs get put in-game (probably with some modification, of course).

Just one more thing that takes some work off of their plate and at the same time lets the community more freely express what they would like to see in-game.

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

You can keep saying that it doesn't have value till you're blue in the face, but that doesn't change the fact that it does have value to those of us who have it. We wear our Cupcakes proudly. You're basically trying to devalue something for your own agenda.

100% agree.  Scarcity drives up demand and value, simple economics.  If you take something was exclusive and only available for a limited time and bring it back you destroy not only that items value but the whole concept and any value a future similar item would would have.

I've been around Hawken almost since the begging but I didn't get the Vanguard Cupcake.  I think I even knew about about but didn't know/care what was going on with the game at the time because I quite it due to being bored with the lack of content.  I only recently got back into it but I don't regret not buying the Cupcake.  I wasn't playing then so I don't feel any personal connection to that movement within the game it would feel soft of weird to buy it now.

Reloaded: make new limited release camos and I'd buy a few and I'm sure others would as well.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

This game desperately needs more content , and as much of it as possible needs to be monetized. Cosmetic stuff is vital in making the game financially viable for reloaded.

On the subject of the vanguard cupcake, I think it should be available for purchase MC only.  Adhesive are a ded stick and as such the vanguard initiative is too.

I didn't get into hawken until open beta but would be willing to pay to get this mech. I think if it's MC only then I don't see a problem.

I don't have the Cupcake, I want the Cupcake, but I don't think I should have access to the Cupcake. The Vanguard Initiative was an exclusive limited time offer, and I think that should be respected.

However, I would certainly like to see holiday camos/drones made available annually during the correct season.

• bacon_avenger and Nov8tr like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Soon as I can afford it, I want the computer screen face for the FRED. I think it is hilarious! I would love some more skins and stuff. I am broke right now after getting my new Razor Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth keyboard. First mechanical keyboard I have had since my 1995 IBM keyboard. :tongue:  I had some money left from the month before I'd saved for it and then used what "extra" I had this month. I use the term "extra" very lightly. But next month I will try to get some stuff back I had before that is no longer showing paid for. argghh. Oh well life happening. But yeah some new exclusives skin(s) or a exclusive mech would be cool. :yes:

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

-snip-

Spoiler

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

You really think it's a good idea to keep stuff locked away for arbitrary reasons? So what, that the old people feel special? Seriously? It's a skin, it's nothing special, that's why it's so flagrant, all it says is, "I was here before you and have this slightly cooler than the normal skin and you can't have it because my feeling would be hurt if you had something I got earlier than you." Seriously, you're basically saying new players shouldn't get cool-ish items that they had no chance of getting any more because all old people would whine about it, which they already did, to the detriment of the game and of newbies. Whatever, have fun in your square Vanguard, knowing that you don't want new players to enjoy things you had.

If the cupcake chassis and cosmetics are 'just a skin', then why is this apparently such a big deal to you to see it re-relased?

What about the alpha/beta skins?  Those you can't get either, but yet you said earlier you had no problem with them being non-available?  What about the boo-drone?  You can't get that any longer either, or the Chinese New Year cosmetics.

And one mech that is identical to the currently available vanguard in every way but name, not making that available again along with the cupcake cosmetics, that's going to be a 'detriment' to the game?

You know what would be even more of a detriment?  Re-releasing something that was supposed to be 'exclusive', just as Tj mentioned earlier.  Allow me to give an example:

Lets pretend that Reloaded offers up an 'exclusive' mech chassis that is identical in stats to an existing mech and costs real money, say around 60 USD (which just happens to be what the top tier of the VI cost).  You buy one.

Fast forward:  New players are complaining that they can't get this mech and it's cosmetics and want it re-released.  Would you:

A - Be upset that new players can now get it even though it was sold to you as 'exclusive' and you payed a premium for it?

B - Not want to ever buy anything labeled as 'exclusive' at a premium because Reloaded could at any time decide to re-release because 'arbitrary reasons' aren't good enough to not go back on the word that was given in the beginning?

No, this is not a case of 'wanting to feel special'.  This is a case of those who bought the highest tier were sold something that was supposed to be available only for a limited time.  Any one could have bought one when it was offered (this has been mentioned multiple times), which makes your comment of "Cupcake tells you that you missed out on something big that wasn't even your fault for missing out on" incorrect.

If someone wasn't paying attention to Hawken at the time the VI was available, who's fault is that?  It's certainly not the fault of ADH/MTR, or the players who were watching news on the game, because, again, any one could have bought into it, not just people involved in the game at the time.

If you were sold something that was supposed to be 'limited time only', would you want it to be made available again?  Somehow I think not.  This directly translates into a detriment as people will be less willing to spend money on in-game items, if not outright refuse to, because why bother if they are going to be available at a later date.

BTW, why put your reply in a spoiler?  Just wondering what the reasoning behind that is

Edited by bacon_avenger, 16 April 2015 - 12:02 PM.

• -Tj- likes this

cs5t805.png?2

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

I think it's cool people have limited edition paints, chassis's, repair drones, etc etc. Get em while they're hot, or lust over them when you missed out and your buddy has it. Maybe next time you'll buy some rare swag when it goes up for sale. Hawken: War is Posh.

No crew

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

A - Be upset that new players can now get it even though it was sold to you as 'exclusive' and you payed a premium for it?

B - Not want to ever buy anything labeled as 'exclusive' at a premium because Reloaded could at any time decide to re-release because 'arbitrary reasons' aren't good enough to not go back on the word that was given in the beginning?

C - Not give a flying fuzzy bunny and be happy that new players can get in on things I already had a chance to get, but whatever.

If you actually cared about the game and wanted to see it flourish you wouldn't be butt mad at them trying to survive, and no, there wasn't a chance to get it for a lot of people because Hawken has never been big before, it';s been coating along the very edges of the radar its entire life. Why should people who've never even heard of the game be the ones at fault for not knowing about an obscure test drive event that only happened once?

Also I spoilered it so it wouldn't be read as part of the main topic because at this point it's a disagreement on perspective.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

C - Not give a flying fuzzy bunny and be happy that new players can get in on things I already had a chance to get, but whatever.

So lets bring back the Christmas and Chinese New Year stuff. We are already seeing Reloaded releasing a older camo and chassis that were previously unavailable at all, and I know there are more camos available from the closed betas that are not back in the current game.

If you actually cared about the game and wanted to see it flourish you wouldn't be butt mad at them trying to survive, and no, there wasn't a chance to get it for a lot of people because Hawken has never been big before, it';s been coating along the very edges of the radar its entire life. Why should people who've never even heard of the game be the ones at fault for not knowing about an obscure test drive event that only happened once?

'butt mad'? That's funny. I'm not the one who claimed that not re-releasing them is a 'big middle finger' to newer players.

The VI was mentioned in the forums and several news sites referenced it as well, here are a few:

http://www.mechakana...egins-12-12-12/
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=500658
http://www.gamebreak...ard-initiative/
http://www.gamerhub....ken/2012/11/26/
http://www.gamer.ru/...-i-novosti-igry
http://www.polygon.c...a-this-thursday

Again, it was not a secret offer, nor was it a 'test drive' event.

As for them 'trying to survive', we are already seeing them releasing camos and chassis that were previously not available, and I kow for a fact there are even more than haven't been seen since alpha and beta, so there isn't any reason to re-release something that was originally offered as a limited time bundle.

As you put it, "If you actually cared about the game and wanted to see it flourish" you don't do this, alienate your long term players and leave a bad taste in the mouth of others who might otherwise spend money.

Also I spoilered it so it wouldn't be read as part of the main topic because at this point it's a disagreement on perspective.

Fair enough.
  • ReEvolve, -Tj- and Nov8tr like this

cs5t805.png?2

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

*+ 

Edited by DieselCat, 16 April 2015 - 08:28 PM.

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Yeaaaaah, nah. See there's the problem, it's not special, it's not exclusive, and it has zero value. putting it up as a skin would generate revenue, and let people who weren't around then or were and were screwed out of it a chance to get it for their mechs that they actually like.

Spoiler

This argument is an epic failure.  You say it's not special or exclusive, I beg to differ that it very much is. It was offered as a limited one time offer which cost $75.00 for the VC package and was never to be offered again after that promotion expired.

You say that it's not a big deal to have it re-released because it would generate revenue. Sorry but that single transaction would not and never be a game changer to put Hawken in the black...thats just silly thinking.

Also, anyone believing "People that weren't around then were screwed out of a chance to get it" is totally unjustified and ridiculous. That's the reason things are offered as a limited edition item.

The Vanguard Cupcake is and will always stay locked, that is why ADH released a 2nd Vanguard Mech, so people would be able to play it. Just not with the Cupcake chassis.

*+ 

• -Tj- and Nov8tr like this

*+

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

For the sake of the thread The end of this shall be agreeing to disagree. And to Diesel, everything you said is a crock, but whatever Majority vote beats me here since people have graphed their nostalgia glasses onto their own eye balls. But on a side note, it would be nice to see holiday items that come back around every year. Luck O' the irish skin, or a turkey repair drone.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

everything you said is a crock

No, everything say is a crock

• DieselCat likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

For the sake of the thread The end of this shall be agreeing to disagree. And to Diesel, everything you said is a crock, but whatever Majority vote beats me here since people have graphed their nostalgia glasses onto their own eye balls. But on a side note, it would be nice to see holiday items that come back around every year. Luck O' the irish skin, or a turkey repair drone.

Really...and you know this how ? Oh that's right you weren't even around when ADH released the VC and many people such as myself paid hard cash for that right to an exclusive limited offer, which obviously you have no concept or understanding of.

And if you're thinking of bring up the argument of it being a Pay-to-Win scenario, let me remind again that the Vanguard was re-released so people could use it's unique weapons loadout, only without the Cupcake Skin, which we all paid for.

So again you're argument of why everyone should be able to get The Cupcake is invalid.  

*+

• -Tj- likes this

*+

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

"nostalgia glasses"...

9e7e9dea082b041d688e0bd10e2cc0ec984947d1

*googles*

http://tvtropes.org/...NostalgiaFilter

"There is a tendency for some adults and some teenagers to see newer material in a medium (be it music, film, animation, or comic books) as inferior to the older classics that they knew in their youth."

http://www.urbandict...stalgia goggles

"Someone's tunnel vision when it comes to objects from their past, such as cartoons, video games, even books., i.e. The new Transformers movie sucks! The original cartoon was the best!"

Nope, doesn't apply in the least.

A turkey repair drone...  That I'd like to see.  Easiest would probably be a reskin/slight modification to the snowman drone rental from Christmas.  Reskin the snowballs it threw to look like balls of stuffing or gobs of cranberry sauce.  :tongue:

• -Tj- and DieselCat like this

cs5t805.png?2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skins, camo, user content, downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users