• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Z1Alpha

Z1Alpha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

I don't know what it is about Ashburn, but man, every game its people with 100-250ish ping. I have a constant 100, but people have it much worse then me when I look at the scoreboard. Anyone else feel this way?

image.jpg

- How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your

condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Mad eyes suit so few. -

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

*Trashburn

you spelled it wrong

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
Dallas-ashburn 94-112 ping continuously variable. Once in a blue moon I can get 82 ping.

With aws and a VPN I could get 56-64; straight Verizon would be 84 rock steady.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I used to get ~30 ping on Ashburn (Closest servers to me), but it's mostly been higher recently. Usually more like ~70. Any higher than that, and the game will prolly become unplayable for me. Dallas has usually been consistently the worst for me, and Ashburn used to always be the best, but now it almost seems up in the air with either.

Whereas I've played on some EU servers with ~140 ping and almost no issues at all. If I had that same ping on almost any NA server, the game would almost certainly become unplayable for me.

• DieselCat likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

ASHBURN IS THE BEST

• breadeffect likes this

_incitatus

_incitatus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

ASHBURN IS THE BEST

They used to be for me, but now they are just as bad as the LA servers used to be.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Ashburn servers are still the overall best for me in my location, but have become inconsistent recently where my ping has gotten higher and will fluctuate. (avg. 65-75)

The short lived Atlanta servers were the best performance I ever had (avg. ping 30-40)

I've also notice a trend of overall higher pings with other players in the 100's -200's...but don't know if that's due to just their location to the servers.

*+ 

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Yup.

I do just fine. But routinely see people with troubling pings.

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

Compliance

Compliance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

When in god's name are we gonna see some NY servers again? Can we please get something that will better serve the Northeast? Ashburn and Chicago just don't cut it. 

• comic_sans likes this

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I'm in So. FL,  For the most part, I don't really have an issue playing on Ashburn and Chicago. (getting an avg ping of 60-85) You're as close or closer than I to those servers, maybe it's a connection problem with your ISP or router setup on your end.

Granted,  the closer the server the better. Wish they still had that server in Atlanta, which was great for me down here.

*+ 

*+

Compliance

Compliance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

I'm in So. FL,  For the most part, I don't really have an issue playing on Ashburn and Chicago. (getting an avg ping of 60-85) You're as close or closer than I to those servers, maybe it's a connection problem with your ISP or router setup on your end.

Granted,  the closer the server the better. Wish they still had that server in Atlanta, which was great for me down here.

*+ 

When the NY servers were active, we got extremely smooth play and 16-20 pings. It was awesome. It's not a problem with my ISP lol.

If you don't notice the difference in gameplay between a 40-80 ping (or higher) server, and a 20 ping server, then I can't explain it to you.

Edited by Compliance, 24 October 2015 - 07:16 PM.

• comic_sans likes this

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

When the NY servers were active, we got extremely smooth play and 16-20 pings. It was awesome.

I miss being able to pull off crazy complicated a-class stuff ):

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

When the NY servers were active, we got extremely smooth play and 16-20 pings. It was awesome. It's not a problem with my ISP lol.

If you don't notice the difference in gameplay between a 40-80 ping (or higher) server, and a 20 ping server, then I can't explain it to you.

80 ping? What's that like????

• crockrocket, OdinTheWise and JackVandal like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

West coast here. Almost never crack 100 on Ashburn.

Edited by (TDM)crockrocket, 24 October 2015 - 07:56 PM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

80 ping? What's that like????

IT'S A LOT LIKE NOT LIVING IN A FRIGID WASTELAND

• coldform likes this

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I think you missed my point. A ping in the area of 60-80 is (I'm guessing) still very playable to most people. It's not like playing with something like 200+ that some get and a ping of under 20 isn't very commonplace unless that server is right in your backyard, which sounds like you're complaining you don't have.

It would be great if everyone could have that and maybe it will happen somewhere down the road so all can experience a very smooth connection. I'm sure this is still an ongoing process that the dev's are working out.

*+

*+

Compliance

Compliance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

I think you missed my point. A ping in the area of 60-80 is (I'm guessing) still very playable to most people. It's not like playing with something like 200+ that some get and a ping of under 20 isn't very commonplace unless that server is right in your backyard, which sounds like you're complaining you don't have.

It would be great if everyone could have that and maybe it will happen somewhere down the road so all can experience a very smooth connection. I'm sure this is still an ongoing process that the dev's are working out.

*+

I'm mainly a sniper so I realize a major benefit from a low ping.

Aside from that, my point is that it's frustrating because we already had something great in place (working NY servers), that everyone in the northeast enjoyed, and then they were gone. And now it's a compromise of using the distant Ashburn or Chicago servers...or not playing at all.

Apparently the issue is the higher cost of the NY servers, and I, and probably a lot of other players, would be willing to either pay for the cost of hosting some NY servers, or pay for the game (like $50 or whatever), if it would mean we could have some great playable servers here (in NY). But, that is not yet an option, and that is frustrating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users