• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

batpanda

batpanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Hi all , as per the message from Lady Tiggs this is an announcement that the batpanda server will be no more, sadly the MC cost each month is more than I am willing to shell out for it to continue. 

Hopefully it brought some fun and enjoyment to the people that gained access.

On the other hand there is now the opportunity for everyone to get their own, please check out lady Tiggs message about how to get your own server here .

To the dev team of hawken i thank you for the pioneer program and all of the goodies it came with.

To all of those who currently have access to the batpanda server , sorry i cant keep the server up at the moment and may look to it becoming a thing in the future.

GL HF all

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 3 others like this

KkaQ7HY.png

vApIL8Q.pngQX2sDN0.pnggXO9Nfd.png

KDR Master | UVW Co-host | Member of KOBALT | Fluffy black and white bear

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Wow. This is bad.

I am pretty sure most people who bought the pioneer pack will not renew their subscription. I think making the price tag $30/mo was a mistake — it's just not reasonable. Should be like $10/mo or something like that.

Edited by DerMax, 23 February 2016 - 01:56 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Erzunterweltler and batpanda like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Wow. This is bad.

I am pretty sure most people who bought the pioneer pack will not renew their subscription. I think making the price tag $30/mo was a mistake — it's just not reasonable. Should be like $10/mo or something like that.

While I agree, the more you look in to pricing the more you realize its costed pretty accurately. Any of the games wuth servers going for ~$15 have a population many magnitudes larger than Hawken. Now, im not satisfied with what I'm getting for that price, which is to say our private servers are not particularly administratively capable. But I cant really argue the price anymore.

Also, the timing of the thing. Like, we know an update is imminent. Could you not have tanked another month and announced the charges AFTER the update that would get people psyched again? I imagine that would retain more renters, however feebly small that number would be.
  • DerMax, crockrocket, Guns_N_Rozer and 3 others like this

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Spoiler

Hmmmmm.... I dunno...

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 23 February 2016 - 03:16 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer and Bergwein like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
Spoiler

Hmmmmm.... I dunno...

This is essentially what we did for the Teamspeak

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

batpanda

batpanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

paid for that too :) another worthwhile spend :) many a happy evening there :)

KkaQ7HY.png

vApIL8Q.pngQX2sDN0.pnggXO9Nfd.png

KDR Master | UVW Co-host | Member of KOBALT | Fluffy black and white bear

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Yeah but the TeamSpeak was a relatively minor cost, even were it for one person. Again, it's because we're able to take advantage of a service used by literal millions. If Merl were hosting it by himself, from a personal machine, costs would be much, much higher.

And I'd also be able to access the full fuzzy bunnyng server logs.

I'm just throwing it out as an idea: have some way to gather people who want a private server, and they can throw money in a pot. When the required amount of dough is reached a server is requested and the pw's, both server and admin, are given to the contributors. Then a new pot is started and, again, if the required amount is made the PW is changed. if the goal isn't reached the money returns to the contributors and the cycle starts again.

A kickstarter for servers?

It won't be a completely private server, or there should be a way to reserve timeslots on it. But, of course, the important questions are: who wants to manage something like that - will people actually rent servers this way - would people trust someone else with their money. It might get the cost down from 30dollars/month to, say there are 5 people contributing, 6dollars/month. If you only use it once or twice a week for practice or weekly events it sounds a lot more appealing. More hassle, but less cost.

I'm actually going to do this with An Imperfect Congregation. People can just message Tiggs and say "I'd like to donate X towards AIC/ServerID:##########################" and at some point the MC will be deducted.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I'm actually going to do this with An Imperfect Congregation. People can just message Tiggs and say "I'd like to donate X towards AIC/ServerID:##########################" and at some point the MC will be deducted.

Good idea. Have one of these servers in every region as an alternative to individuals paying full price and it might prove to be pretty popular. 

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Good idea. Have one of these servers in every region as an alternative to individuals paying full price and it might prove to be pretty popular. 

You are welcome to steal my idea and set up

• coldform likes this

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
I'm more surprised people were still hosting servers lol. Player pop, and cost, not seeing the value proposition there.

No crew

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I'm more surprised people were still hosting servers lol. Player pop, and cost, not seeing the value proposition there.

Well it was just a one time fee up until now. All of these servers were still up from the pioneer program

• Superkamikazee likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

adminlogin illal4lyfe

kick Superkamikazee

• Superkamikazee and CraftyDus like this

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

adminlogin illal4lyfe

kick Superkamikazee

giphy.gif

No crew

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: batpanda, server, pioneer, private

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users