• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I would rather test 8 Man and 10 Man servers than 16 man servers.

The 16 man servers make it hard to find any other games and pretty much results in one team deathballing and crushing the other team.

• LarryLaffer, Hrono and HorseHeadProphet like this

Spoiler

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I had another couple great 16 man games last night. Initially I was only going to play a quick round and hit the rack but there was too much into be had.

You're such a Hawken w h o r e..... :tongue:

*+

Edited by DieselCat, 22 August 2015 - 09:32 AM.

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Muahahaha !!

wmmoney.png

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

..High defense and sustainability is exactly what you need if you know what you're doing.

The exception to this is turret mode which is generally pretty weak.

Charging forwards with only A-B's against an enemy B-C team will get you killed plainly due to HP differences.

Heck, trying to fight a B-C team as an A-B team will get you slaughtered as well.

C-class mechs don't result in individuals being isolated or abandoned, that's the fault of the players themselves.

If the player's aim is decent enough it doesn't matter whether it's an A-class or C-class hitbox, as he'll hit you either way.

Turret mode is generally pretty weak.

C-classes are the best in TDMs, with A-classes at the lower end of the food chain.

This honestly isn't an argueable point.

C-classes are generally superior.

TL;DR: C>B>A in TDMs.

Well, your argument is only really valid if all the players present in the game are skilled enough and know what they're doing. With a 16-man server, it's highly improbable that the game will ever reach a high enough mmr standard with such an unstable mean. If you have enough skilled players, any mech combination would really work, since that would just be a factor of positioning.

What the Heca-

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Sorry but you misunderstood my post Puppet. It's about the length! Image playing Bunker, for 2 hours non stop. I am exaggerating, maybe now you get the idea.

And of course, yeah. Some people will never like it. (Beside maps not designed for that many players.) But now, you won't have a choice because it's the only server available...

Well, that's weird.  Most of the 16 and 24 player matches I've played were over much quicker than the 12.  I don't play much TDM or DM, so maybe that's the difference.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Well, that's weird.  Most of the 16 and 24 player matches I've played were over much quicker than the 12.  I don't play much TDM or DM, so maybe that's the difference.

Even when those servers weren't full? I guess not.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

^I want to say that these big servers are mostly full when I've played them.  So, yeah, I can see how that would take longer if there were only 6 - 8 players.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 24 August 2015 - 11:18 AM.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

They do seem to always be pretty full, and when they are the almost never time out, they almost always seem to end with kill cap, i'v also pinned down just why i don't like them, checked my fps in game and on the 16 man servers i get a good 15 fps lower, bottoming out at like 5-10 on bazzar and eco with settings bottomed out. So if i ever get a comp that's not a potato i'll have to give em another go.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Three things I don't like in 16p servers:

1. 16p servers are less stable than 12p one, at least for me. I experience much more lags (not fps drops) there than on 12p servers. This is kinda frustrating to play like that. :down:

2. Due to my relatively high MMR (just a little bit above 2000, but nevertheless) this is the only servers I can join, I can't join most of the 12p servers in EU, because they are either full or out of my fitness range. So I have to join by quick match queue. And guess which server does it put me in? Bingo, 16p server! :wallbash:

3. Not every map is good for 16p.

Also leader-board isn't made for more than 12 players, so I can't check my ping right at the start of the match.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Matches are too long but anyways if there are 16 player servers I demand 6 player servers too.

Edited by dorobo, 24 August 2015 - 10:59 PM.

• HorseHeadProphet and Moeaswordusrex like this

Moeaswordusrex

Moeaswordusrex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Matches are too long but anyways if there are 16 player servers I demand 6 player servers too.

Yes!

Damn it seth!

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Yes!

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I think it is important to remember that these larger player cap servers are serving a greater purpose to ReLoaded - they are a way of stress testing the new servers, locations and configurations.  If they want to get the normal 12 player servers running at peak efficiency, what better way to make sure than to try throwing twice as many players in the same match so they can better see what variables cause problems.

A server that runs pretty smooth at 16-24 players should be amazing with just 12.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I think it is important to remember that these larger player cap servers are serving a greater purpose to ReLoaded - they are a way of stress testing the new servers, locations and configurations.  If they want to get the normal 12 player servers running at peak efficiency, what better way to make sure than to try throwing twice as many players in the same match so they can better see what variables cause problems.

A server that runs pretty smooth at 16-24 players should be amazing with just 12.

This i'm behind, i'm up for anything that helps the devs with number crunching and bug checks.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
IMO there are limited positive effects from playing with this many pilots, and the negative effects outweigh the positive ones:

I'm still trying to run a raider - my skills still need improvement across the entire spectrum, but I think I'm settling in to the raider pretty well. Having 8 targets along with the fog provided by 7 teammates makes for some excellent raider opportunities, but only if the spawn mechanism can keep up.

When team play starts to falter, breaking engagement to repair becomes almost impossible - the effort to find concealment requires more time than I have.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

^I actually find it easier to back off and repair with a bigger team.  It always seems like someone has got my back. :) and more help is on the way.  So very often, in the 12 player rooms, I feel like teams never have the means to stay grouped up because even one person dying on a line easily leads to the group being divided - and those of us who try to hold the line end up alone.

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

They need to go away. Or make it so you have to opt-into them. I don't like being placed into 16m servers from the queue. I thought this was going to be changed during the last round of "stress testing."

We need bigger maps for a bigger player count. Most of the time the 16 man experience is a massive blowout one way or the other, Yeah they can be fun sometimes, but only for a match or two.

We already had 16, 18, 24 man servers. Does no one remember this? How we were all having the same discussion as this present one, a few months ago? Let me refresh anyone who doesn't remember, or if the devs just forgot how much pretty much everyone's feedback was that these big servers suuuhhuhhhhuuuuucked.

Most people really don't like 16m or larger, a few people do, everyone agrees the maps are too small, and the consensus was to not make 16 man servers joined by default. 

To me it shows how desperately they are trying to make it look like something, anything is gong on with the game. (HAWKEN, NOW WITH BIGGER SERVERS! DOUBLE THE PLAYER COUNT! on the exact same maps with the exact same mechs and weapons) Hey why not try and pack 25 mechs onto a team!? If 16 is awesome, 25 would be even cooler! genius. :thumbsup:

Stress testing was supposedly done months ago. I don't see the point of this other than to try and gather more interest in the game, which I can respect. 

I said it before and I'll say it again. ONE new map or mech will do more for the game than all these minute tweaks. Like how can it be months down the line and there is no one hard at work making content yet? Your community is screaming at you for more content, voicing their support and even willingness to pay, or even volunteer their time and talent. and we get...ping charts and 16 man servers. 

New game content? Nah, fam. Time to spend months playing with server configs and making charts.Players want that more than new maps or balance fixes.

Just write a patch already. Make some content. If you can't do that, just make the game we've got run smoothly.

• LarryLaffer and 1uster like this

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Those have to stay permanent but in a different matchmaking queue, so we'll be free to choose them or not depending our tastes or humor.

Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

I like but the match 'length' is too long. 

8CyRDl7.gifGYM1W9I.png

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I like 16m servers, even on the smaller maps. But the fact is, the playerbase is simply not large enough

• coldform and DieselCat like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: server, 16man, 16 man, opinion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users