• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I want to hear what you guys think about the new 16 man servers, both what you like/dislike, should they add more? add less?

Personally i find they are a little to hectic on some maps, i feel they would be better with larger maps than ones like origin and such. Interested to hear what you guys think, and please, be civil.

Pardon any spelling or grammar.

• The_Silencer likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Sincerely I think it's awesome and for all maps.

It gives a constant stress of usual competitive games where you can be flanked at any time. TDM with 12Players is usually a bulldozer team that presses down the other team. But in a 16player match it's just enough more people to actually create a recon squad of 3 or 4 that go flank and destroy the little bunnies running off to join their team. I've also felt it was the most balanced games. Worst I saw was 60/35. Which went to 56/60 the match after because people ACTUALLY STAYED in the game and the teams were much better and people adjusted their tactics.

About joining your team after re spawn I somehow find it easier to do so since it's somewhat more spread out than usual. I've never felt in the team as much as I did in this 16 player server since a long while ago. (Except when my real life friends were still playing, when you could tune up your mechs) I think people tend to stick even more together because of the fun of all the sheit going on!

Fawk I wanna play right now but even writing this post is against what I should do right now, fill up some damn job applications haha.

I also see more variety in mech choices.

I feel the game is more fun for techs moving from squad to squad.

HEck if there could be a 24 player server in bigger maps, maybe bazaar or frontline I'd frikken play it. Imagine protecting alleys, literally, because if one squad goes down holy fawk we gotta hold up and counter attack or defense with badass teamwork. I would actually see it work well. Let's say origin map. 4 at the upper part where you have the view on the bridge and 4 enemies at the other side of the bridge. another 4 v 4 at the "road" where you can get to the upper part of the map. another 4 v 4 at the "backalley where the lower level goes to a tight corridor up to the upper part.

Also Items feel more effective since there is more people to use it against

okay maybe I should go to sleep.  \(-_-' )/

Edited by Luaq, 18 August 2015 - 09:00 PM.

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

I would love it if the map spawns could handle it. On the big maps it's less bad.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

i do notice that the servers stay full better on larger servers, though as far as bulldozing goes i notice the larger servers also tend to have larger mmr spreads, like, 1500 to 2250 spread, which gets a little brutal on some maps.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

cbrxx

cbrxx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Can't help but notice the smurfs love it.  

• comic_sans and StubbornPuppet like this

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I really really like them and hope they keep them there. They keep you on your toes and busy dog-fighting constantly. They make a Team Death Match feel similar to a siege battle over the AA, but more spread out. Also, I think the most beneficial part of it is that it actually makes killing high mmr players easier since it's practically impossible to avoid being constantly damaged in the chaos. They feel more balanced because of this.

Maybe they can make it even more large scale with a larger map and then it'll be like old-school warfare, except with people constantly disconnecting, hehe.

• Luaq likes this

What the Heca-

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Can't help but notice the smurfs love it.  

You don't wanna go there.

You really, really don't wanna go there.

• comic_sans likes this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Just joined a game today again. It was one of the most terrible Hawken experiences ever. The less players the better. Hawken maps are not big enough to efficiently contain more than 10 players in total. If more than 10 players are ingame, it turns out to be a pure "who has the most players in one place" fight rather than a tactical movement reagrding flanking and stuff like that.

4 C classes one Tech and one sharpshooter and boom. This is the Hawken we play today. Endless weapon spamming in addition and voilla! A completely random match up without actual skill or any kind of human intelligence present. 

Hold LMB + RMB + Spacebar to win. x16

• HorseHeadProphet, LRod, Keneb and 2 others like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Sincerely I think it's awesome and for all maps.

It gives a constant stress of usual competitive games where you can be flanked at any time. TDM with 12Players is usually a bulldozer team that presses down the other team. But in a 16player match it's just enough more people to actually create a recon squad of 3 or 4 that go flank and destroy the little bunnies running off to join their team. I've also felt it was the most balanced games. Worst I saw was 60/35. Which went to 56/60 the match after because people ACTUALLY STAYED in the game and the teams were much better and people adjusted their tactics.

About joining your team after re spawn I somehow find it easier to do so since it's somewhat more spread out than usual. I've never felt in the team as much as I did in this 16 player server since a long while ago. (Except when my real life friends were still playing, when you could tune up your mechs) I think people tend to stick even more together because of the fun of all the sheit going on!

Fawk I wanna play right now but even writing this post is against what I should do right now, fill up some damn job applications haha.

I also see more variety in mech choices.

I feel the game is more fun for techs moving from squad to squad.

HEck if there could be a 24 player server in bigger maps, maybe bazaar or frontline I'd frikken play it. Imagine protecting alleys, literally, because if one squad goes down holy fawk we gotta hold up and counter attack or defense with badass teamwork. I would actually see it work well. Let's say origin map. 4 at the upper part where you have the view on the bridge and 4 enemies at the other side of the bridge. another 4 v 4 at the "road" where you can get to the upper part of the map. another 4 v 4 at the "backalley where the lower level goes to a tight corridor up to the upper part.

Also Items feel more effective since there is more people to use it against

I can hardly agree with any statement you made there. 16 players TDM is just a huge mess with no space for any tactical play. A-classes are almost useless due to the large number of enemies they constantly get attacked by, there is almost no room to repair, since when you walk away from your team there are instantly enemies chasing and killing you. So the best "strategy" to use in these big servers is deathballing with a bunch of orblording c-classes, maybe even with a Technician healing them. If any of both teams follows this "strategy" they win 60-10, that's my experience. It requires no thinking at all to play in these servers, as they encourage orblording and ramboing. Bazaar might be the only map that has got enough space for 16 players, the rest of the maps don't.

I don't want to have to play in these servers again and 24 players servers would cause an unimaginable mess, trust me, nobody here wants the 24 players servers back, except we get new humongous maps.

• HorseHeadProphet, LRod, 1uster and 4 others like this

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Couldn't agree more.

One thing to add: In EU they practical kill any other server in the night by sucking up so many players. With this weak population of players it's just a show stopper.

• LarryLaffer, Meraple, Erzunterweltler and 6 others like this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Couldn't agree more.

One thing to add: In EU they practical kill any other server in the night by sucking up so many players. With this weak population of players it's just a show stopper.

This.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Rant underneath for courtesy and slightly off-topic.

Spoiler

Edited by Amidatelion, 19 August 2015 - 06:44 AM.

• coldform, Erzunterweltler, hellc9943 and 6 others like this

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

I absolutely hate them, and for all the same reasons others have listed, but do agree that at a minimum they tend to collect smurfs like lint rollers.  So at least they help in that regard.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Same as the old "Mayhem servers must die" conversation. I dont like 8vs8, they're a laggy mess. But...

PUBs are not for "tactics", they are for PUBs. Embrace casualness and let people have stupid fun if they so want. Dissolve the useless MMR and give a decent comp mode with proper ranking, maybe?

• Luaq likes this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

MOTHERF0CKING MAYHEM!!!!

I love mayhem

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I usually find these matches to be too chaotic to allow any of my normal strategies to work, can't be as wreckless as I usually am so I spend most of my time standing around waiting for a good opening. Kinda boring, although the scores have always been a lot closer in comparison to normal servers so that's good.
  • phed and Luaq like this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Waow, A lot of hate there.

Sincerely in my experience I had fun playing as an A-Class as much as the rest of them in 8 v 8
If we're about to bring this a smurf/vet problem, I also feel "vet" people who don't like the16player servers,

think that are a non sense mayhem because they actually don't understand or don't control what's going on

compared to their so "used to" normal 6v6 servers and their typical winning routine. At least that's what I'm

hearing from the assumed "rants" here. At least there's some bit of compassion about the fact that it can be

fun for "others". I respect the fact that we have different experiences but saying it's total crap and not meant to be
"at least not in these maps" and pointing out "facts" (based on their bad experience) is just being way to radical about it.
I don't mind rants actually as long as they don't try to be proof of something like my good experience about these servers

not trying to proof that the game mode is only good. Heck the whole game is unstable so yeah, I'm actually surprised I had

so many well balanced games and yes interesting flanks and tactics also (someone actually took the time to cover me by taking

hits/attention while I was healing and we managed to push back the front line.) ((In a 6v6 even though it's only 2 less per team,

if I have to repair, people leave me there because they are sleeping in the comfort of playing in the usual 6v6 games))
Again, these are examples of my experience, not proof of anything.

The only thing I would take as a constructive complaint is the fact that it does empty other servers and only because hawken has a low population.
The rest just sounds like rants indeed because they apply to 6v6 unbalanced teams also.

Edit:

I usually find these matches to be too chaotic to allow any of my normal strategies to work, can't be as wreckless as I usually am so I spend most of my time standing around waiting for a good opening. Kinda boring, although the scores have always been a lot closer in comparison to normal servers so that's good.

That is exactly what I mean as in tactics and flanks, you actually have to take the time to think before doing normal/usual strategies. That's what's reviving my fun of playing: "Oh hey not the usual crap, I have to think and adapt compared to my usual tacticts/reflexes, because fuzzy bunny there's bullets flying everywhere and I'm actually scared of getting in."

Edited by Luaq, 19 August 2015 - 10:11 AM.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
The majority of valid criticisms are supportable by viewing common situations on 16m servers through the lens of the current meta though, so it's not just the high-MMR playerbase whining about not being able to stomp as hard. Class and item balance issues tend to be exaggerated (e.g. Assault being even better than normal when taking on extra enemies due to its reliable DPS, low heat gen, and ability), spawn mechanics break, and teams are forced to deathball more than usual because of the lower TTK and decreased probability of finding someone alone. You can enjoy the servers for what they are while still acknowledging that the game isn't built for them.
  • Meraple, HorseHeadProphet and JackVandal like this

d1eZeG3.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

MOTHERF0CKING MAYHEM!!!!

I love mayhem

Smurf

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
Personally, I'm not wild about them. Bbut I disagree that a-classes are not viable in them and I disagree that my normal tactics are useless. I think the window for high risk high reward attempts is smaller in a 16m server and the opportunity for low risk plays as a solo is much diminished
  • Luaq likes this

You should call me Luna.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
To really score well in 16m separates the great from the mediocre.

I saw above someone opine that it prompted orblording. I disagree, but it is a matter of degree: proper orblording is three orbs, an extractor and repair kit in a heavy,standing on a orb. In a 16m one needs to carry an orb or two and an extractor, but the repair kit can be r placed with another internal. Further, the play is to find the eye of the storm or a spot in the Lee (wake of the deathball) to rapidly self heal hwhile sucking an orb, then to move out. Not quite orblording on a spot.
  • Luaq likes this

You should call me Luna.

Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

I like them. I've never been very good at discerning tactics viability or how certain things are going other than my own performance, so can't say about any of that. Still like them: not as chaotic as 24 man which can really get almost Unreal Tournament-esque with the dying all the time, but still hectic enough to be lots of fun  :biggrin:

"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Love is the Law, Love under Will" -- Aleister Crowley

"This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Otherland

TacticalCheese

TacticalCheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

These 16 man servers are great! more action and explosions and bullets!

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
While I wasn't in favor of them when they were doing 16/24 mech rooms, I've had quite of few really great games this week in the 16 mech servers. Maybe the game population has grown since the 16/24 period where there are more game options and people can choose a larger room versus having to play there as that is all that's available. The games haven't felt like excessively lubed oregies of chaotic destruction this go around for some reason. Lag can get a little dicey when there are hot spots of action in these rooms, that's true.
  • DieselCat and Luaq like this

wmmoney.png

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Another thing to add:

When the server won't fill up, so its something around 3vs3 or 4vs4, these matches take way too long. We just had now 3 matches in a row on such a server and felt like 2 hours playing. It gets tiresome. Couldn't be there a mechanism which levels down the threshold of finish when the server isn't full at the beginning. Even when during match the server fills up it's better to end it quick for a new fresh rebalanced match...

• Luaq and Bergwein like this

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Snip

My thoughts are similar on some of this, i think turrets are tricky to balance in that if a full team carries them they have a lot of hitting power, but alone they are almost useless. Scanners, a long match on origin with the tunnels is a good summary. But i feel these are slightly related in that i notice the balance issues are more evident on larger servers.

-M1lkshake

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I like the 16m server rooms, also like the 14m servers.

Though someone made the point that with the current low player base these bigger servers might cause the regular 12m servers to suffer a bit by not being able to fill up. That I can see as a problem currently.

Whether or not the dev's decide to keep running these larger server rooms, I'd like to see better and larger maps to accommodate these sometime in the future just because I think they are fun.

*+ 

• comic_sans and Luaq like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Moeaswordusrex

Moeaswordusrex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
This may not be a popular opinion, but to be honest I would rather have servers limiting the amount of players to around 8 or 10. I find 6v6 feels like to much on some maps. But, my opinion should probably not be taken seriously, becuase I am not very good at hawken. I don't know if this has all ready been said, I haven't bothered to read the above comments.

Edited by Moeaswordusrex, 20 August 2015 - 03:46 AM.

Damn it seth!

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

My experience with the 16 (and 24) player servers has been very positive.  I am not experiencing all the lag that some are complaining about... and I honestly really enjoy the greater need for situational awareness.  In the 12 player matches, it becomes very easy to keep track of all the enemy positions and good players seem to have an intuition for knowing exactly where to zip off to next to snag the next victim just because they understand the spawning and movement patterns.  The 16 and 24 player matches create a ton more opportunities for teams to create a strategy that involves splitting up to divide and conquer - also for players to sneak around the long way and flank.

I also enjoy the added excitement/action/chaos with so many players.

Another benefit is that the larger Siege matches don't take as long to finish, so I can play those when I don't have a lot of time. :)

I hope they continue to have servers of all sizes available.  8 player - 24.

• DieselCat and Luaq like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Just some theory:

Anxiko said:

"put 2 and 2 together: if they can fit more players on the same server, they will need less servers for the same population, cutting down server cost by a good amount

Somehow I have the feeling that some idiot fuzzy bunnyed up making the server code, which is why they are working so bad and why they are trying so desesperatly on making them cheaper

perhaps even all this team they hired is just there to "fix" the servers, once they're done they'll get fired and Hawken will enter the auto pilot mode again"

Edited by hellc9943, 20 August 2015 - 10:47 AM.

Festivals end, as festivals must

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

I wish I was getting into the 16-man games that are strategic and dynamic that people in here have talked about, because pretty much every time I play in these servers it's the opposite. Played four games on one last night with some Axe Attack teammates to warm up before our game and from my perspective at least, three out of four of them were basically just two big lines on the map poking at each other, with one line occasionally boxing the other into a corner and wiping them. The exception was Uptown, which surprisingly played pretty much like a standard 6v6 game (probably because the choke points slow things down enough already in standard sized servers). The biggest strategy I saw in those games was SS-stacking on Bazaar where both teams had three of them by the end of the match.

I just don't think the current health pools are big enough for the amount of damage flying around in these larger servers. If the TTK wasn't so short already in standard-sized games it might work better, but for the most part my experiences in the 16-man servers have just been frustrating.

Edited by DM30, 21 August 2015 - 06:53 AM.

• Erzunterweltler, StubbornPuppet, JackVandal and 1 other like this

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

^You've got a solid point about the short Time To Kill.

It doesn't always happen to me, but there are many times when the spawning on a map gets all messed up because of a team getting scattered and I keep spawning alone... with the enemy team between me and my team.  There is no way to survive long enough to get back with the team.

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

UPDATE!

Can you please shut this fuzzy bunnyng 16 man server down?! You want data - I give you data: Your playerbase gets angry. Beside mostly unbalanced matches we have now unbalanced matches which take fuzzy bunnyng forever! Great work. Fix the fuzzy bunnyng matchmaker and then we can talk about such silly experiments. It's tiresome. You kill EU with it. Clap, clap!

• Erzunterweltler, HorseHeadProphet and Amidatelion like this

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I can hardly agree with any statement you made there. 16 players TDM is just a huge mess with no space for any tactical play. A-classes are almost useless due to the large number of enemies they constantly get attacked by, there is almost no room to repair, since when you walk away from your team there are instantly enemies chasing and killing you. So the best "strategy" to use in these big servers is deathballing with a bunch of orblording c-classes, maybe even with a Technician healing them. If any of both teams follows this "strategy" they win 60-10, that's my experience. It requires no thinking at all to play in these servers, as they encourage orblording and ramboing. Bazaar might be the only map that has got enough space for 16 players, the rest of the maps don't.

I don't want to have to play in these servers again and 24 players servers would cause an unimaginable mess, trust me, nobody here wants the 24 players servers back, except we get new humongous maps.

I don't know...my opinion on these servers is practically opposite yours. What you're describing is a battle of attrition, which isn't really an appropriate strategy, since it relies on greater numbers. With the whole balancing thing, it's kind of pointless. And, C-class mechs are viably the worst class mech to approach this variation tactically (with the exception of incinerators). When you're facing equally large numbers, you don't want low mobility in place of high defense and sustainability, what you want is a strong vanguard (and not that particular mech) with high mobility. You need momentum. You have to be able to quickly group up, charge forward collectively, and disperse the enemy and having just c-class mechs results in delays and individuals being isolated and/or abandoned. Not to mention a large profile makes for an easier target; especially when in turret mode, which is practically useless when facing such numbers. A mix of both A and B class mechs with maybe 1 or 2 incincerators is probably the best mixture, since incinerators are designed for suppressing large numbers and have great AoE capabilities.Course, if you're skilled with another heavy, that could become a viable choice as well, depending on how you use them. I personally think one of the best mechs for this game mode is the berserker since it adds another dimension of difficulty to enemies with its aerial prowess, especially when they're surrounded. Also, when you need to repair, the best strategy is to quickly repair around your allies (hopefully they'll watch your back) or under cover, which is also another reason why A and B class mechs are superior in these situations with their relatively short repair time.

• Luaq and StubbornPuppet like this

What the Heca-

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

^I think both of the above posts illustrate why, I think, we need all the server sizes.  The strategy and tactics used for fighting a team of 6 players are different than fighting 8 players, which is different than fighting 12 players.  Some people will hate all but one size, while others will really enjoy the variety and freshness of having to be flexible.

I feel like an identical set of complaints and compliments would come if they announced some 4 vs. 4 servers.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 21 August 2015 - 12:13 PM.

• Luaq likes this

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

When you're facing equally large numbers, you don't want low mobility in place of high defense and sustainability

..High defense and sustainability is exactly what you need if you know what you're doing.

The exception to this is turret mode which is generally pretty weak.

You have to be able to quickly group up, charge forward collectively, and disperse the enemy and having just c-class mechs results in delays and individuals being isolated and/or abandoned.

Charging forwards with only A-B's against an enemy B-C team will get you killed plainly due to HP differences.

Heck, trying to fight a B-C team as an A-B team will get you slaughtered as well.

C-class mechs don't result in individuals being isolated or abandoned, that's the fault of the players themselves.

Not to mention a large profile makes for an easier target; especially when in turret mode, which is practically useless when facing such numbers.

If the player's aim is decent enough it doesn't matter whether it's an A-class or C-class hitbox, as he'll hit you either way.

Turret mode is generally pretty weak.

A mix of both A and B class mechs with maybe 1 or 2 incincerators is probably the best mixture, since incinerators are designed for suppressing large numbers and have great AoE capabilities.

C-classes are the best in TDMs, with A-classes at the lower end of the food chain.

This honestly isn't an argueable point.

Also, when you need to repair, the best strategy is to quickly repair around your allies (hopefully they'll watch your back) or under cover, which is also another reason why A and B class mechs are superior in these situations with their relatively short repair time.

C-classes are generally superior.

TL;DR: C>B>A in TDMs.

Edited by (KDR) Meraple, 21 August 2015 - 12:14 PM.

• LarryLaffer, Erzunterweltler, DieselCat and 1 other like this

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Sorry but you misunderstood my post Puppet. It's about the length! Image playing Bunker, for 2 hours non stop. I am exaggerating, maybe now you get the idea.

And of course, yeah. Some people will never like it. (Beside maps not designed for that many players.) But now, you won't have a choice because it's the only server available...

Edited by 1uster, 21 August 2015 - 12:17 PM.

spinningchurro

spinningchurro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

So far I really like the 16-player servers.  Great balance between mayhem and 6v6.  Gives a little more intensity to each match, which I heartily welcome.  I'm having more fun on them, plain and simple.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

I'd rather see 14 man instead of 16 man. Nevertheless, they partially absorb the faults of a low player base, which directly causes matches to be left on regular twelve man. Four pilots leaving a 12 man is more detrimental than the same scenario with the 16 man servers.

However, a full 16 man server seems to show a 20 to 30 percent decrease in performance in regards to the frame rate, from what I've tested. Probably due to the increase in roster, and the subsequent gpu draw calls needed to render more mechs.

TpsOr7F.png

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
I had another couple great 16 man games last night. Initially I was only going to play a quick round and hit the rack but there was too much into be had.

wmmoney.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: server, 16man, 16 man, opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users