• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

"So evrybody falls on Illal an' it's niiiice an' cozy. Evenchally, cav'rite gets scarce enuf them big wigs start puttin more scrip inta R'n'D than inta th'machines th'pump our air. W'gotta breaf! Nah ther re-crootin' for a militarist-icized divishin widda same walkers we had b5, but nah widda mango shewters smack on 'em. Pew pew!" - A drunk pilot.

I think Hawken has some really rich lore so I'm trying to learn more by connecting the dots between the pilots we've heard stories about and the mechs they rode. So when the big three first started sending out the ones with guns, what does lore tell us about the ones who came out first? Any notable pilots? I'd like to open up some discussion on mech history and lore. Non-canon is welcome, otherwise let us know where you found it.

I have a list below based on the game guide, though I recently noticed a local garage mentions their supplier. Only a few times is it mentioned in-game for mech descriptions and from what I can tell they match the game guide. A notable example being Sentium's raider and Prosk's G2 Raider. Other in-game canon being the maps, but not many mechs except Wreckage (which by the C chassis makes me think it's a Prosk crash).

Sentium: Assault, G2salt, Raider, SS, Brawler, and the Vanguard "cupcake".*

Prosk: All A class, Recriut, Bruiser, Pred, Gren, Rocky, G2raider, and razorback.*

*Genesis shows Sentium Razorback blurb.

[EDIT] Forgot incin, but in-game only says Project Phoenix and no game guide description.

I know I'm mixing class with chassis here, so is there anyone familiar with any other lore who can lay some down? Everything I've found comes from pre-virus lore, unless you count Khang's garage which could be from after the Crion event, where patchwork chassis get swapped around with any "gun" you can find and pilots will tear apart your burning chassis for spare parts.

As far as pilots go, I know "Hotshot" Hontero, "Deadeye" Bill, FR_O 28... but there have got to be more we can get some quotes together on or something. Anybody have a copy of Melee (not ssb)?

Edited by eth0, 26 March 2015 - 07:41 PM.

• SandSpider2 likes this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

There is a list of various corporations and pilots in the old mirror version of Magnolia's HUB.

http://hawken.mirror...erse-bible-hub/

I also thought you actually were drunk when I read the first line. XD

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, 26 March 2015 - 07:44 PM.

• SandSpider2 likes this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

There is a list of various corporations and pilots in the old mirror version of Magnolia's HUB.

http://hawken.mirror...erse-bible-hub/

I also thought you actually were drunk when I read the first line. XD

Thanks for the link! I hadn't dug that one out but I was wondering where it was.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:23 PM.

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

It's pertinent to know of the other MCP's on Illal, like Crion and the Nautilus corp. They provide small things for mech production as well, though it's not discernible as to how much. (It's anticipated that most of the majorly technical mechs like possibly the Predator and the class A stelather were scavenged and parted from Crion mechs. But that is a theory.)

A game theory!  *que music*

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

It's pertinent to know of the other MCP's on Illal, like Crion and the Nautilus corp. They provide small things for mech production as well, though it's not discernible as to how much. (It's anticipated that most of the majorly technical mechs like possibly the Predator and the class A stelather were scavenged and parted from Crion mechs. But that is a theory.)

I really hope we get some crion style chassis in-game soon.

UYoy63i.png

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mechs, axes, pilots, history

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users