- - - - - map ping

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LiveBacteria

LiveBacteria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have longed for another, or a few more pings when not using voice to communicate. I often use "Help Requested" and "Target Sighted", but when I ping an enemy mech in view I have no way of saying "I will get this one" , or "Taking Control Point".

Anyone else feel another ping is needed?

Edited by LiveBacteria, 27 March 2015 - 02:02 AM.

• Tankman95, eth0 and WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW like this

aoplud503e7.png

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Yeah, I feel like some sort of "Go this way" is needed instead of the generic "Enemy Sighted" one to discern the difference between wanting your team to help you flank and wanting your team to help you kill someone.

Spoiler

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I think this is a great idea. I love to spam 'help requested' and it certainly does bring the team together. Other times, no one comes until later and that's when I am dead

EpicotR

EpicotR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Why not add a whole list/wheel of voice comms like the battlefield games'
  • LiveBacteria, eth0, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and 1 other like this

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Agree, especially with the VOIP system being so fracked!  Having more team coordination options would be helpful and should be fairly simple to implement.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

Tankman95

Tankman95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Why not add a whole list/wheel of voice comms like the battlefield games'

Don't think something like this would work in hawken, cuz basicly hawken is too fast.

Just one-button-pings like the already existing one are good. +1

"I loved Battlestar Galactica. Chewbacca was my favorite Klingon in it."

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Could be expanded upon. The v-says were always quite intresting.

V11 enemy sighted

V21 etc etc

While still keeping the current two pings naturally.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

(Unknown)1590d2c747fabd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

"Follow Me" and changing your color on the other mech's map/HUD would be cool.

A work around is map Macros to type out the text in team chat. But then there is no Map/HUD integration.

Edited by oSPANNERo, 27 March 2015 - 12:46 PM.

A little link from the "old days" because it seems I lost all my street cred with the forum reboot:

http://hawken.mirror...primary-weapon/

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Don't think something like this would work in hawken, cuz basicly hawken is too fast.

Just one-button-pings like the already existing one are good. +1

Nope. Counterstrike Global Offensive does this through the method of one menu key and then one menu selection key to play a team message. Just with the two buttons in Hawken now, one could implement 4 separate messages by double-tapping Target Sighted (TS), double-tapping Request Help (RH), tap TS tap RH, tap RH tap TS. An additional two could be added through hold TS, hold RH.

Or, we can just do what CSGO did and map the TS key and the RH key to two separate menus, followed by a number key to select which message to transmit, maybe with quick-shortcuts using double tapping or holding of the TS or RH keys.

I strongly support this suggestion. It is very easy in CSGO to play Affirmative, Negative, On my way, Guarding, Following, and all sorts of responses very quickly. I don't even need my mic to play decently because of it.

Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 29 March 2015 - 01:51 PM.

• LiveBacteria likes this

Thank you for your time,

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Hawken needs more of this for every reason. It makes the game more fun, easier for teams and friends to play, it adds depth to the lore, and it could even turn in some mc with additional voice options. Plus it beats the hell out of the redundant voip system that doesn't exist anymore, and I won't have to wake up my roomies when I'm up late on teamspeak!

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW likes this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: map, ping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users