• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Seems more often than not, trying to login to the playhawken.com site from pc (chrome) gives me a 500 error, and just displays the 'SYNCING...' in the buttonlabel. Anyone else getting this?

SOLUTION!!

The login issue should be fixed now. One of the web servers wasn't synced properly and was throwing an exception when trying to handle a login request. Since the servers are behind a load balancer with "stickiness" enabled, this meant that your browser would continue to hit the bad server every time.

I merged the other login topic into this one just to consolidate everything.

Edited by coldform, 28 July 2016 - 02:23 PM.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I'm getting it too

• coldform likes this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Yes, same problem affected me the past few days.

• coldform likes this

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

just tested it, happens with me too... someday we will have a working site and i look forward to that.

• coldform likes this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Yeah, same here.

• coldform likes this

Festivals end, as festivals must

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Same here

• coldform likes this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Also been happening off and on for me

EDIT (7/27): Been logging in fine now

Edited by crockrocket, 27 July 2016 - 10:43 AM.

• coldform likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Spoiler

thank you all for chiming in, as it appears that I can no longer reproduce the error.
please to be checking again and posting your results.

Edited by coldform, 26 July 2016 - 08:08 PM.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

I still get endless syncing using Opera (that is, Chrome these days) most of the time and I think this is going on for a week now. Firefox most of the time works. It got better though because there also were times I couldn't log in from this machine at all.

• coldform likes this

Festivals end, as festivals must

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I have been unable to log into the forums since Friday night, July 22.

I tried all three browsers (IE10, Chrome and Firefox), even tried Chrome's "incognito" mode... but all I get is the Login button saying "Syncing..." and never get in.  I've even tried from my Android phone.

Then, last night at home, I was suddenly able to log in... so I assumed the problem had been addressed.

However, again today, I cannot log in - just "Syncing...".

I am logged in now because I realized I had a 2-3 year old installer.exe for Firefox and figured, "what the heck, I'll try it."  It has worked and here I am.

But something is really wrong.  On Reddit, some other people confirmed they are having the same issue.

Can one of the forum admins please look into this?

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Sorry to hear about that.

Just so it's said, be sure to submit a support ticket.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 27 July 2016 - 11:30 AM.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Sorry to hear about that.

Just so it's said, be sure to submit a support ticket.

Yeah, I'm on that right now.  I could not previously submit a support ticket because you have to log in to do that.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

i can keep reproducing the problem when using two browsers, chrome  and IE even if both are incognito and use alternate temporary folders etc it still wont play together, so use one window and make sure any others including their temp/cookies are gone

:edit, im not sure but i think it has to do with the active AJAX connections thats similar to opening same port on two instances of a server

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 27 July 2016 - 01:53 PM.

• coldform likes this

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Yeah, I'm on that right now.  I could not previously submit a support ticket because you have to log in to do that.

I was about to submit a ticket to have a QA with Josh, and now I can't, because I can't log in. Even though I'm logged in now.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I am guessing this problem is more wide-spread.  I bet that most people who are/have been able to post in the last several days have not actually logged out - their browser is either still open or their credentials are cached.  I expect that if people actually "log out", that a bunch of them won't be able to log in again.

• dorobo likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I am guessing this problem is more wide-spread.  I bet that most people who are/have been able to post in the last several days have not actually logged out - their browser is either still open or their credentials are cached.  I expect that if people actually "log out", that a bunch of them won't be able to log in again.

I had been having the same issue as you (although intermittently), however everything has been working fine since yesterday.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

dont use two instances of the website from the same ip, the ajax is making persistent two way data connections browser/site and you will be in effect using two ports on your side to the sites 1, it thinks its talking to one browser, but you are spreading packets to more than 1 destination via router.

either close the other browser, clear its history to initiate new ajax connections incase they arent already free and it should be clear, the problem is unlikely to be worse but if it is still happening, it could be things such as your router confioguration (NAT) etc but i think this is the most common and i can totaly reproduce this problem with two browsers

psps notice clicking forum brings up community.playhawken.com versus the main sites playhawken.com i dont think starting the connections and then clicking links after that redirects you to a different domain on same site/page like this its just setting you up (not breaking yet) for the breakage to come after a few browser/device/house switches 

(haha i mean to say if your a forum user then click forum link  to reach login section dont login to the root playhawken.com page 

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 27 July 2016 - 02:23 PM.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

i can keep reproducing the problem when using two browsers, chrome  and IE even if both are incognito and use alternate temporary folders etc it still wont play together, so use one window and make sure any others including their temp/cookies are gone

:edit, im not sure but i think it has to do with the active AJAX connections thats similar to opening same port on two instances of a server

ok. here we go - I was able to reproduce the 500 error flawlessly:

1. this requires 2 seperate browser instances running thru the same gateway - your PC and your phone, both connected to the same router.

2. logout from playhawken.com via the link from the forum site on one device, leave the other one connected.

3. attempt to login again from the now logged out instance using the links at the top of community.playhawken.com ( NOT playhawken.com).

you should see  500 error from the userlogin.php from the playhawken.com domain.

SOLUTION:

logout from one device( you'll have to force stop the browser on your phone), and login from the forum page.

Edited by coldform, 27 July 2016 - 05:22 PM.

z6aJAX7.png?1

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

dont use two instances of the website from the same ip, the ajax is making persistent two way data connections browser/site and you will be in effect using two ports on your side to the sites 1, it thinks its talking to one browser, but you are spreading packets to more than 1 destination via router.

either close the other browser, clear its history to initiate new ajax connections incase they arent already free and it should be clear, the problem is unlikely to be worse but if it is still happening, it could be things such as your router confioguration (NAT) etc but i think this is the most common and i can totaly reproduce this problem with two browsers

psps notice clicking forum brings up community.playhawken.com versus the main sites playhawken.com i dont think starting the connections and then clicking links after that redirects you to a different domain on same site/page like this its just setting you up (not breaking yet) for the breakage to come after a few browser/device/house switches 

(haha i mean to say if your a forum user then click forum link  to reach login section dont login to the root playhawken.com page 

THIS.

having multiple logins on the same network - the forums open on both your phone and PC (if your phone uses the wifi on the same router that your PC is connected to), it causes an internal error. I also followed bastardo's advice about the redirects, and it seems to work.

z6aJAX7.png?1

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Trump would know how to solve this...

#makehawkengreatagain2016

wmmoney.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Nice advice on the above, but none of that applies in this situation.

I have not been logged in on another computer.  I have not been logged in on more than one browser at a time... or tried to log in through more than one browser at a time... or more than one instance in the same browser.  I only tried my phone because I wondered if it would work.  I have had the problem at home, at work, and while on my wireless service providers 4G (yes, with wi-fi turned off).  This has spanned four computers, all of which are connected to different networks, which 3 of use different ISPs.

And now I can log in from home again, but I've made no changes, at all, to my network settings or router configuration in that time.  I didn't change anything - so something changed on the sites end, the service providers end, or the routing to get me from my city to the servers the forum resides on.

And, even with that out of the way, I absolutely used to be able to log in to the Hawken forums from as many different locations, machines and browsers at the same exact time, without issue.  And I've always been free to do that on any forum or other website.

I'm not trying to be combative here, just feeling like I have to defend my ability to troubleshoot my end.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Have you contacted The Don?

wmmoney.png

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

easy answer

Mozilla + windows 7

no problems

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I submitted a ticket about this a few days ago and haven't gotten a response.

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

We're looking into this and I'll reply back once I have more information. 

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

yep, but i bet this bug will ever expand its victim base until merl or some youtuber posts his video on how he has fixed it

(late didnt see tiggs post) glad they are fixing it 

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 29 July 2016 - 03:23 PM.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

yep, but i bet this bug will ever expand its victim base until merl or some youtuber posts his video on how he has fixed it

I can slap something together. I'll make sure it gets on the reddit, too.

z6aJAX7.png?1

Morticius

Morticius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

fwiw:  no access with firefox.  classic windows solution, cold hard shutdown/reboot, then tried with Mozilla (win7).

hello.

edit:  accessed with IE.  took about 10 seconds of 'syncing' with the page quivering slightly before successful login.  creepy.

edit:  cleared FF Appdata/~.~/cache2 files, cold hard reboot, changing isp address, success.  odd.

Edited by Morticius, 28 July 2016 - 04:54 AM.

UGiq32j.png

Buy one, get one free on Tuesdays

Also: pickles, peppers, preserves, salsas and souvenirs available in the Gift Shop

JesusHatesWisc

JesusHatesWisc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I am frequently getting this issue as well.

lwY3QRd.jpg

Majiik

Majiik

Developer

• Administrators
  • 24 posts

The login issue should be fixed now. One of the web servers wasn't synced properly and was throwing an exception when trying to handle a login request. Since the servers are behind a load balancer with "stickiness" enabled, this meant that your browser would continue to hit the bad server every time.

• coldform and crockrocket like this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Thanks!

If we get enough feedback that the issue is fixed, I'll put in a topic lock/delete request.

z6aJAX7.png?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users