• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hello there Intellectual Property holders 

2017 will give you the chance to prove you can get ahead of the curve.

I truly think there is a lot riding on this

GET THIS UNDER YOUR WING AND NURTURE IT, 

https://imgur.com/a/G5V0F#zWgvDzR

I am willing to invest into reshaping your gift-shop (with tech, knowhow, webmastering, 3D and actual licencing money if you so require it). let people buy stl blueprints or request their own diffuse painted versions, get the proceeds into expanding your dev team or burn it on coke and doughnuts.

I want to do this as an outsource startup for many other games, be my first success story?

thankskbai

• Guns_N_Rozer, claisolais and nepacaka like this

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Meteor tried to sell merch. Remember how that went?

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Meteor tried to sell merch. Remember how that went?

so did George Lucas

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

so did George Lucas

I also sold merch, hardly proves a point

George Lucas established a franchise first that has endured decades and continues to thrive.  Reloaded picked up a game that was destined for the graveyard because of stupid merch decisions MTR made, and it still may be on its way to the grave, depending on RLD's actions. There's a big difference.

• claisolais and CARLOSPELETO like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Ok, look, I congratulated you on reddit, but this is just tasteless.  

That's a nice amateur piece of work, suitable to pass around the gaming table or at LANs.

But this is what you're competing with.

At the moment you have neither the skills, creativity or, from what we've seen, any manner of business plan to ship these and/or make a profit off them.

• ReversusRex, DeeRax, FEF-FEFington and 1 other like this

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I also sold merch, hardly proves a point

George Lucas established a franchise first that has endured decades and continues to thrive.  Reloaded picked up a game that was destined for the graveyard because of stupid merch decisions MTR made, and it still may be on its way to the grave, depending on RLD's actions. There's a big difference.

If you want me to say "you were right", I ll have to try first. else you sound like :

"guys many people have tried to fly before, what you think you are doing with those bike parts, you are just making your mom worried sick"

I don't want to bash of previous offerings (and we know I could), I just believe I can setup an interesting new alternative that caters to fans.

I want to see this happen, and am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Cause see, done right, it doesn't end at hawken.

Any further questions and comments appreciated.

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Ok, look, I congratulated you on reddit, but this is just tasteless.  

That's a nice amateur piece of work, suitable to pass around the gaming table or at LANs.

But this is what you're competing with.

At the moment you have neither the skills, creativity or, from what we've seen, any manner of business plan to ship these and/or make a profit off them.

I am certainly not competing against that plumber that fell down a stair with his toolbox

I see the prototype of an option, I see many more options not portrayed there, so far the only thing tasteless is your uni-dimensional thinking

and BTW; am not the printer of the reddit post, so also your context awareness can be revisited

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

And again, the one thing this game has that many others cant hold is IP (not address, yes?) that can easily rebirth and expand outside the realm of 100 concurrent players (i swear i saw this many long ago, albeit only once ) at best.

This untapped potential; my interest, also the reason am deaf to most your salty-negativity.

Am a dreamer, I got rich making my dreams a reality for previous clients, there s nothing you can do or say to change that, although it is entertaining to see you try.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I'd love to see it happen

I'm just not optimistic

I can have both opinions at the same time

my apologies if you took offense

Edited by Silverfire, 16 January 2017 - 10:26 PM.

• Miscellaneous, ReversusRex, JackVandal and 1 other like this

lNM7VnC.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I got rich making my dreams a reality for previous clients.

Yeah... right.   :rolleyes:

Heya Dreamweaver care you explain it to me why I need to buy stl files from you when I can extract the meshes and create a stl myself for FREE?  I'm pretty sure anyone that is familiar with 3D printing is capable of building the stls themselves, so your target audience there seems rather empty.  And those that don't have the capability to print 3D models have absolutely no need for a stl file in the first place.

So what is it Reloaded needs you for when they can just phone up an already successful figurine company and sell them on their own?

• CARLOSPELETO likes this

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I doubt selling minis is the key to HOWKEN's success.

• Bergwein and CARLOSPELETO like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Yeah... right.   :rolleyes:

Heya Dreamweaver care you explain it to me why I need to buy stl files from you when I can extract the meshes and create a stl myself for FREE?  I'm pretty sure anyone that is familiar with 3D printing is capable of building the stls themselves, so your target audience there seems rather empty.  And those that don't have the capability to print 3D models have absolutely no need for a stl file in the first place.

So what is it Reloaded needs you for when they can just phone up an already successful figurine company and sell them on their own?

Why should I bother making a case on a business model to someone that doesn't know the difference between a person, software, and native american folklore (let alone what each actually does)?

Reloaded are free to phone whoever they want, then again; that's not really how it works, since they would have to micromanage the outlet, which is one of the reasons they haven't, but hey, sorry for all the complex words.

Edited by CARLOSPELETO, 17 January 2017 - 04:54 AM.

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I'd love to see it happen

I'm just not optimistic

I can have both opinions at the same time

my apologies if you took offense

None taken, I perfectly understand.

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I doubt selling minis is the key to HOWKEN's success.

What would you suggest? doubts are hardly actionable.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
R.I.P his soul but didn't BK make figures for hawken back then , for fun. I wouldn't try merch selling anytime soon, you would be putting more money into trying to sell using your tech, 3d modeling, licensing, etc than the money you would get back selling anything for this game.

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

R.I.P his soul but didn't BK make figures for hawken back then , for fun. I wouldn't try merch selling anytime soon, you would be putting more money into trying to sell using your tech, 3d modeling, licensing, etc than the money you would get back selling anything for this game.

That may be so, yet the profit is not only monetary;

Creating a sturdy pipeline and making a sample flow is , even if not a single figurine gets sold, still a good case study, and a portfolio item to potential investors into my endeavors.

For me, even the most failed commercial outcome is still a win/win

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
A win/win implies that rld gets something out of it. If it will truely be that beneficial to you as an exercise you should just do everything up to actually selling models anyway.

I highly doubt there is enough man power devoted to Hawken to put any effort into actually stopping you from selling unliscenced figures, so I wouldn't expect any official involvment from them besides "k whatevs have at it" or "plz don't thx".

Either way miniscule runs of mech figures isn't going to make or break Hawken.

I highly doubt you can sell stls. The type of person who has a 3d printer is not the type to stop short of the 2 second google search that would tell them how to extract the models.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 17 January 2017 - 06:11 AM.

• ReversusRex and CARLOSPELETO like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Regarding RLD's previous merch opportunities (see Hawken coin and Hawken t-shirt), those were managed with minimal oversight (according to capnjosh) from RLD.  Kind of left to do what they want, they sold a for a little bit and then more or less stopped AFAIK.  People will buy but it's not sustainable if you're not constantly creating content (obviously) and there's not enough interest in Hawken at the moment for RLD to make more than pocket change to run the servers at the most I feel.  For the trouble (doing legal stuff to allow other people to sell RLD's ip stuff), I feel it's not worth it for RLD at the moment given the size of the dev team and the obviously clear lack of proper PR.

Edited by Silverfire, 17 January 2017 - 06:09 AM.

lNM7VnC.png

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

I dont care how other ppl thinks. Considering that I have invested many many hours on this game, and as a online game, it will disappear one day. So, I personally would like to buy like a set (All chassis), to remind me that I had good time with them. Ofc depends on how much will they cost.

Ic6j9zJ.png

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I dont care how other ppl thinks. Considering that I have invested many many hours on this game, and as a online game, it will disappear one day. So, I personally would like to buy like a set (All chassis), to remind me that I had good time with them. Ofc depends on how much will they cost.

I ll keep your wish in mind, you have just voiced what I know is the feeling of many.

• claisolais likes this

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Regarding RLD's previous merch opportunities (see Hawken coin and Hawken t-shirt), those were managed with minimal oversight (according to capnjosh) from RLD.  Kind of left to do what they want, they sold a for a little bit and then more or less stopped AFAIK.  People will buy but it's not sustainable if you're not constantly creating content (obviously) and there's not enough interest in Hawken at the moment for RLD to make more than pocket change to run the servers at the most I feel.  For the trouble (doing legal stuff to allow other people to sell RLD's ip stuff), I feel it's not worth it for RLD at the moment given the size of the dev team and the obviously clear lack of proper PR.

Personally, I believe the tshirts and coins "missed the mark", In my case they simply do not represent the type of items I would strive to offer, nor as a gamer do they represent something that I want to remember the game by.

I would love a five minute chat with CaptnJosh about the IP and the cost of an IP agreement (that explicitly excludes anything related to gaming, game engine software, and that only locks down on assets, lore, and branding).

I am not scared of a licence that contemplates an up front fee and a percentile of revenue, or something as simple as "show the brand proper respect and we wont be sending cease and desist". Which would still give out revenue percentiles back to RLD if it ever became profitable (that's on me, cause that's how I roll).

Again the main attractiveness of it all is that this can be applied to any IP. 

I would call it "Outsourcing the gift-shop"

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

And just a heads up: the reddit (again, not of my making) thread has become the most voted item in the hawken subreddit

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

And just a heads up: the reddit (again, not of my making) thread has become the most voted item in the hawken subreddit

Not quite, as of right now, this outvotes it. and only outranks the more recent threads, there are much older voted items on the subreddit iirc.

Edited by Silverfire, 17 January 2017 - 09:30 AM.

lNM7VnC.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I am certainly not competing against that plumber that fell down a stair with his toolbox

I see the prototype of an option, I see many more options not portrayed there, so far the only thing tasteless is your uni-dimensional thinking

and BTW; am not the printer of the reddit post, so also your context awareness can be revisited

Excuse me?

So you're showcasing someone else's work:

and claiming it as your own, since there's no citation or credit on on that. FYI to the posters in this thread, the work in that imgur gallery there was done by URZU_SEVEN on reddit.

So yeah, great work, you're living the American dream, trying to make a buck off someone else's work.

3lkoARB.jpg

Reloaded could do the same as you're offering through Redbubble or some other site, with less hassle, more reliability, probably cheaper, and with a proven track record.

Get the fuzz out of here.

• EM1O, ReversusRex, DeeRax and 2 others like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

this can all be a nice vision, but one word RLD knows can get "toy" profit:

LEGO

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Excuse me?

So you're showcasing someone else's work:

and claiming it as your own, since there's no citation or credit on on that. FYI to the posters in this thread, the work in that imgur gallery there was done by URZU_SEVEN on reddit.

So yeah, great work, you're living the American dream, trying to make a buck off someone else's work.

3lkoARB.jpg

Reloaded could do the same as you're offering through Redbubble or some other site, with less hassle, more reliability, probably cheaper, and with a proven track record.

Get the fuzz out of here.

Thanks a lot! yes after a while i can see you are starting to understand

I believe people like you are the reason warning labels are. 

You are so entertaining and artsy, please continue

CARLOSPELETO

CARLOSPELETO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

this can all be a nice vision, but one word RLD knows can get "toy" profit:

LEGO

I have being toying with the idea of branded lego sets based on the builds i have seen online, I keep track of what I like in terms of lego meets hawken meets mecha at large in a pinterest gallery

https://www.pinteres...cus/lego-mecha/

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

I'm telling you it won't work, you can't just take someones product and make a personal business out of it, thats not how things work. Look at it this way, RLD themselves are TRYING to make money off this game despite it being a free to play, the source of income has to come from somewhere. Unless you were hired officially from RLD to do the merchandise market for them, then all this is, is a dream.

Whatever profit you gain from this despite using your own money, on a personal level. If you even sold 1 thing, RLD HAS THE RIGHTS to sue you. lol

An example would be like Badtings, badtings has sold merch BUT the difference is, he's sold clan labels/themes which has nothing to do with the actual game and he made them himself. Clan or Logos  come from just a player who plays the game. RLD doesn't make money off of THC products, its just a group that can be disbanded at any time.

Where as HAWKEN products are different, toys, collectibles, cards, books, etc. 

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

OP, for serious business inquiries, the forums are not the place. You should probably start with info@reloadedinc.com or contact 505 Games' support line which will get the information forwarded to the right people.

Closing this as it's gone south.

• Miscellaneous, eth0, DieselCat and 6 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users