* * * * * 1 votes fix money

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

__Underscore__

__Underscore__

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I love this game. Love it, love the graphics, the sound, everything. I don't love the current way that the money is rewarded. In fact, that's what stopped me from playing numerous times. Sure, this may not be a bug or glitch, but I will name it as such because it is just as game ruining as one.

For those of you who don't know, the current way that HC is rewarded is dependent on whether your team won, which earns you around 77, and how long the match took to win - or lose. That, at most, brings you around 100 at the least. Not your kills, assists, nothing like that. Although you do get a tiny bonus of 22 minimum for voluntarily balancing teams and a daily win bonus of 250. Take into consideration the cost of a robot, or even buying new items and internals for it, and a small 240 average match, WITH A WIN, is what you can expect to receive. (this is on Missile Assault) Buying things that cost 1280 or something like that that only add 20% armour (I'm Australian, don't correct me on my spelling) when you are damaged or boosting is hard to get when matches take about 10 minutes each. See where I am getting at?

Overall, this whole thing that took 10 minutes, which is unthinkable for a gamer, is basically saying, FIX TEH MUNEY SYSTEM PLEZ!

• Elite_is_salty, Erzunterweltler, TempestR and 1 other like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
I agree in that the grind is far too steep for player retention purposes.
  • GalaxyRadio and OneSevenOne like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Blaze787

Blaze787

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

People who say this grind is bad must not play that many games.

• Nightfirebolt likes this

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

No one would say it's as good as many games

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Erzunterweltler

Erzunterweltler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

I have to agree, I think the prices of the Internals aren't that bad, but new weapons (you even have to unlock on every new Mech first) and items are very expensive. The Mechs, well, maybe let them cost 4000 - 7000 - 10000, at least that would be the way I would prefer. Imo new weapons should cost 2000 HC, items should cost between 800 HC and 3200 HC. I think that would be a little bit better, however, maybe earning a little bit more money in matches maybe wouldn't be wrong either, make it like 300 HC in average per match.

The money system would at least be better then.

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Buy some MC. Buy a HC booster. Or use the MC to unlock the stuff you want directly. The devs need you to support the game eventually, even if only a little bit. There's no shame in using real money to unlock expensive items like mechs and weapons.

But even if you decide not to, the grind of this game is not that bad compared to other F2P titles out there. Trust me.

Also, play siege a lot if you like higher HC rewards.

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 25 March 2015 - 01:39 AM.

• Drrt4 and M3CH47 like this

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
What we need is options for global items, even if they cost a bit more, at least you only have to buy them once. They could be MC only perhaps.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Comparison is irrelevant, the grind is bad for player retention. Hawken having a better grind than some games doesn't make it not a problem.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

What is the reasoning behind different pricing of the mechs anyways ? it seems random considering that someone in a 12k mech can do terrible while being unbeatable in a 3k one. It's too player-determined to make any sense.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

What is the reasoning behind different pricing of the mechs anyways ? it seems random considering that someone in a 12k mech can do terrible while being unbeatable in a 3k one. It's too player-determined to make any sense.

As said, ADH were not horrible, but not exactly geniuses either.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

What we need is options for global items, even if they cost a bit more, at least you only have to buy them once. They could be MC only perhaps.

Ehhh...  I have to admit, my first reaction to this idea isn't positive.  But upon thinking about it a bit more...

While the items would still be able to be bought with HC and be non-global, this could be bit too close to P2W/money grab move for some, I can see this backfiring.  An idea like this would have to be approached very carefully.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
The way it seems now is like a money grab. Have you added up how much money it would take to buy every item for every mech, its in the thousands!

If you buy with HC, you have to play for a considerable amount of time for a top tier item and then its locked to the same mech.

I would also consider the idea of trading items you already own to other mechs. Kind of like an inventory system. You buy single items and allocate them to different mechs. So if I have 3 jammers, I could put them all the same mech, or 2 on 1 and 1 on another, or 3 mechs each with 1. Then at least if buy an item, its not wasted on a mech that might not use it as effectively as another.

I haven't bought an item in like, 8 months because I feel they are a rip off.

OneSevenOne

OneSevenOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

+1 for this idea. It is just frustrating to see that you don't get sht for playing almost an hour nonstop (which exhausts me, I'm still human, eh..). Forcing players to buy HC or EXP-boosts shouldn't be rewarded in any way, but criticized heavily!

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

*armor

You can average over 1000HC/hour by that math.

Buy a new mech every few days by playing...casually.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Free to play is never FREE, be thankful it's not pay to win. It's either $150 games due to seasons passes, or free to play games with pay to circumvent the grind. Pick your poison, this is the consumers doing. We kept paying for garbage DLC, so we have ridiculous season pass pay models. We like free game, so we have free to play games with micro transactions and grinds.  Thank god for Steam sales, amright?

• Interrobang87 and AngryOgre like this

No crew

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

It needs to make more sense for instance 3800HC or whatever it is to change your reticule when the stock one totally sucks is just wrong. 

btw everyone here has more hc right now because there has been nothing for the vets to spend on. It's the new people that really need a more logical economy system.

Edited by talon70, 15 April 2015 - 02:51 PM.

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I have no problem with the money system. Sure it takes a couple of days of grinding to be able to afford a new mech, but you get to ENJOY using the mech you just bought. It gives you a chance to improve your skills, and maybe even stick with that mech by buying weapons instead of buying a new one.

I think most people who seem to feel the money system is broken are thinking too much about buying and not enough about enjoying the game. There are lots of options. But it seems the more options you're given, the more you have to complain about not being given enough money to afford all of them. Just pick a mech that suits you and go with it. Before you know it, you'll look at your huge HC bank and it will seem like no time has passed. It is somewhat risky that when you buy a mech, you make a commitment to using that mech. If you don't like it, then you just have to suck it up. But that's why they have test drives available.

All in all, just enjoy the game. I have every single mech in my Garage, and I still only ever use the CRT-Recruit.

2XhpJes.png

GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

If i like a game, il buy it, if i don't like it, i don't pay for it, as easy as this.

Galaxy Radio

• Nov8tr likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fix, money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users