• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
The animation (fire to cool down) takes longer than the actual cool down.

If you fire a single round and watch the animation, it involves the usual movements indicating cool down completion; however if you fire repeatedly - as fast as the weapon is capable of firing - you will notice your rounds fire off well before the animation completes. It results in a cut from one frame where the cannon is in it's rear / downward position, to the next frame where it's firing off another round.

On top of the common "Hawken ignoring your mouse buttons" bug the Heat Cannon suffers from - causing you to believe you have a full Heat round charged up when you do not - the Heat Cannon is seriously frustrating to use.

Footage of the animation issue:
(notice the cool down indicator completing before the animation completes, in the first portion of the video)

Edited by CoshCaust, 26 October 2015 - 10:18 PM.

• eth0, nepacaka, Shoutaxeror and 2 others like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Oh really. Not only the Heat cannon is affected. EOC, this predator buckshot railgun thingy dingy I forgot the name of, Corsair, Vulcan, Hellfires, TOW ..

Basically anythign that got a RoF buff somewhere around Steam Patch. Or well, basically ANYTHING if you look close enough.

• CoshCaust likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

?FTD? eXeon

?FTD? eXeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Pretty sure its been fuzzy bunnyed since closed beta or the start of open, at least the fully charged/spam fire visual glitch. Fix then buff the HEAT cannon please

also, remove the delay.

On a serious note I wonder how many animations are just slightly off from all the movement adjustments they did. Maybe they actually change mech animations based on movement but it's adhesive so who knows, animations are probably somehow tied to a database in the cloud synced to khangs iphone.

• CoshCaust likes this

Fix The Delay

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I tried to maintain the heat for a couple of weeks a while ago and found it strange in a lot of ways. This is one little detail which might add up but one thing I am wondering after watching your video: you deactivated your reticle? Built within the reticle you see also a loading/charging animation which is at least for me way more important because the animation of the actual weapon is out of my primary line of sight. What I think is the more annoying fact is the missing heat (like high temperature) animation when you change your FOV. A glowing red weapon - adds up to immersion and you can recognise it in peripheral vision.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

idk the animation never throws me with the exception of the G2 mirv, i would really like the issues with having charged weapon issues with the eoc, breacher, t32 and heat fixed though, those quirks can get you killed.

• CoshCaust likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

All of the above mentions were goofed up following the increased overall game speed changes in the Steam update.  My best guess has always been that there are a few basic 'global' speed settings that they changed to get the result they wanted... but did not take the time to synchronize all of the independent mech animations to make them match.

Another unfortunate consequence of the rushed gameplay speed change is apparent in the Raider; as they did not adjust the reload/rate-of-fire rate for the Corsair.  As a result, the Raider now is heavily reliant on making absolutely certain that you fully land both of the Corsair shots and all of the primary weapon shots in any enemy engagement... because if you miss, you are dead.  Even lowering that reload time by 1 second would have kept the Raider in line with it's original intent, but that was apparently too much work.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Oh really. Not only the Heat cannon is affected. EOC, this predator buckshot railgun thingy dingy I forgot the name of, Corsair, Vulcan, Hellfires, TOW ..

Basically anythign that got a RoF buff somewhere around Steam Patch. Or well, basically ANYTHING if you look close enough.

Pretty sure its been fuzzy bunnyed since closed beta or the start of open, at least the fully charged/spam fire visual glitch. Fix then buff the HEAT cannon please

also, remove the delay.

On a serious note I wonder how many animations are just slightly off from all the movement adjustments they did. Maybe they actually change mech animations based on movement but it's adhesive so who knows, animations are probably somehow tied to a database in the cloud synced to khangs iphone.

Lol

I tried to maintain the heat for a couple of weeks a while ago and found it strange in a lot of ways. This is one little detail which might add up but one thing I am wondering after watching your video: you deactivated your reticle? Built within the reticle you see also a loading/charging animation which is at least for me way more important because the animation of the actual weapon is out of my primary line of sight. What I think is the more annoying fact is the missing heat (like high temperature) animation when you change your FOV. A glowing red weapon - adds up to immersion and you can recognise it in peripheral vision.

Holy crap i never even noticed that! Wow, yeah i really want that back now that i think of it D:

And yeah the reticle behavior is linked to the actual cool down the same way the little bars on the sides of the reticle are, i believe.

idk the animation never throws me with the exception of the G2 mirv, i would really like the issues with having charged weapon issues with the eoc, breacher, t32 and heat fixed though, those quirks can get you killed.

Yeah pretty sure there are tons of weapons with this problem, as soon as someone mentioned to me they changed the HC RoF.

Hope that gets fixed relatively early, i would love to see these wrinkles worked out before new content (pretty sure these are easier to implement than new content too?).

TronX33

TronX33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

one thing I am wondering after watching your video: you deactivated your reticle? Built within the reticle you see also a loading/charging animation

Yeah, his reticule is missing, but the reloading meter thingy is still there. It's just light pink ...

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Yeah pretty sure there are tons of weapons with this problem, as soon as someone mentioned to me they changed the HC RoF.

Hope that gets fixed relatively early, i would love to see these wrinkles worked out before new content (pretty sure these are easier to implement than new content too?).

Yea, just decrease RoF of the weapons and increase the dmg again. I want Alpha strikes back :)

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Yeah, his reticule is missing, but the reloading meter thingy is still there. It's just light pink ...

Oh. Well, it's barely visible at least for me. I set the colours by science - white is all neutral info like loading meters and friendlies and the enemies are simple red. Put the radar up and the red dots are screaming at you when approaching.

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Oh. Well, it's barely visible at least for me. I set the colours by science - white is all neutral info like loading meters and friendlies and the enemies are simple red. Put the radar up and the red dots are screaming at you when approaching.

Yep, no reticle for me.

Whatever works! I like contrast for all three colors, which works with the colors i chose- enemies are mint green because reasons.

Edited by CoshCaust, 29 October 2015 - 11:51 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heat cannon, animation, fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users