• Please log in to reply
1540 replies to this topic

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

That would be awesome Subdivision! I'll be in TS at 15:00ish with Seron if you want to talk about it :) 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Pilots of the KDR...
Please welcome the newest member of our clan [KDR] Browno. He is a great guy and a great player.
He will be joining us for tomorrow's session.

Great to have you on the team Browno!

• Dr_Freeze001, Guns_N_Rozer, MaNia_C and 3 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Thank you for having me :D Glad to be a member here.

• Dr_Freeze001, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 9 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

(KDR) Subdivision

(KDR) Subdivision

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

That would be awesome Subdivision! I'll be in TS at 15:00ish with Seron if you want to talk about it :) 

Ah sounds good! I'll see if I can get on for a while but I'll be headest-less at uni so I can only type-chat. I could possibly steam chat you two if that's easier.

And glad to see the numbers growing, welcome Browno  :thumbsup:

• Pastorius likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

18/04/15
Hey folks, as you know the clan has got off to an incredibly successful start and our numbers are set to grow further.
Because of this I am delighted to announce that my good friend [KDR] Seron16 has agreed to take on some responsibilities. For the moment he will be taking on the role of our very own KDR Staff Officer! He will be dealing with all the new admissions to KDR and any staff related problems that you may have. I will be discussing this role with you in more detail on Sunday but in the meantime please thank him for his support.

Without Seron16's support over the years I could not have put any of this together so I am delighted that he will be helping me run things from here on in. 

Thanks matey!

Edited by Pastorius, 18 April 2015 - 03:21 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple, MaNia_C and 8 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

How it's possibru .....i 'm suppose to do something because i'm the official Hoorah Manager ( they don't pay me :wallbash:  )

A Big Giant   :nuke:  HOORAH :nuke: for [KDR]seron16 and [KDR]browno  

• MaNia_C, Pastorius, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

MaNia_C

MaNia_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Spoiler

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Thank you for having me :D Glad to be a member here.

Welcome to the group!

????????????!

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Welcome to the clan Browno mate, good to have you with us!  :smile:

And thanks Pasta, its a pleasure to be able to help out again! Looking forward to meeting all the new recruits and seeing the ranks swell even more!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Welcome Browno! :D

• Pastorius likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

I won the new HON Mech parts in a Twitter competition on Friday night. If you guys aren't already following @PlayHAWKEN and @PastoriusOne then do.  :yes: 

Spoiler

Yeh, It's as ugly as sin but hey, free stuffs is always nice!

Edited by Pastorius, 19 April 2015 - 12:25 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, LaurenEmily, (KDR) Subdivision and 1 other like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

I won the new HON Mech parts in a Twitter competition on Friday night. If you guys aren't already following @PlayHAWKEN and @PastoriusOne then do.  :yes: 

Spoiler

Congratz pasta !

I like that mech, in all it's ugliness, it's kinda attractive. It's also damn pricey lol

• Pastorius and Ninja_Goat like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Congratz pasta !

I like that mech, in all it's ugliness, it's kinda attractive. It's also damn pricey lol

Yeh, it's a bit like Gerard Depardieu. Infact, I may have to rename the mech Gerard! Yeh, it's a little pricey for the main chassis but they have to make a buck on this game somewhere. 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Yeh, it's a bit like Gerard Depardieu. Infact, I may have to rename the mech Gerard! Yeh, it's a little pricey for the main chassis but they have to make a buck on this game somewhere. 

I like the chassis also - I think it fits well on Brusier ;)

Did you get it for all your mechs or just the one?

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

19/04/15

I am very sad to report that an incident that occurred on this forum last night has resulted in the dismissal of one of our members and the suspension of two others.

I will discuss this with you all at tonight's session but urge you to not engage with this dispute in this thread or the public HAWKEN forum in any way.  

Edited by Pastorius, 19 April 2015 - 01:57 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I like the chassis also - I think it fits well on Brusier ;)

Did you get it for all your mechs or just the one?

^ Totally agree, this chassis just screams "Rockets to the face sir!"

• Miscellaneous and Pastorius like this

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

^ Totally agree, this chassis just screams "Rockets to the face, sir!"

79a.gif

Myah!

Edited by Miscellaneous, 19 April 2015 - 04:36 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Me and Vilyria having fun on Missile Assault

I like the battlefield communication between us in his one.  There are a few Goat noises too.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Pastorius, (KDR) Subdivision and 2 others like this

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

I like the battlefield communication between us in his one.

No that's what KDR are all about. The teamwork is exceptional between you two. Thank's for posting this. It has been a rough morning and I really needed to see that.

• (KDR) Subdivision, Vilyria and Ninja_Goat like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Spoiler

yeeeee, congratulation and if u don't like it we are here to accept ur ugly prize  :tongue:

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

19/04/15

Tonight's session starts at 20:00GMT / 19:00UTC and finishes at 21:30GMT / 20:30UTC

Here is the COUNTDOWN.

We have some new members joining us and some guests that wish to see what we do. I hope you make them welcome. Please try to get in TS in plenty of time for the start of the session.

I can't wait to see you all again! I'll be the one wearing the new HON parts.

Feel free to 'Rocket me in the face'  :smile:

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Thanks again for a fantastic night of HAWKEN ladies and gentlemen. I really enjoyed the session and hope you did too. Thanks especially to all those who took squad leader positions and to those who readily shared tips and tricks with us all.

Awesome job guys!

• Dr_Freeze001, Guns_N_Rozer, Vilyria and 3 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Pandabaron

Pandabaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Can i just add to Pastorius' previous comment by expressing how much fun i had tonight. You were all incredibly welcoming to a slightly nervous Baron. It was so much fun and such an honour to have played alongside some of the best players in the game tonight. thank you all so much for setting this up and injecting even more life into this already incredible game. 

Edited by Pandabaron, 19 April 2015 - 02:59 PM.

• Dr_Freeze001, Guns_N_Rozer, opicr0n and 5 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

https://community.pl...l-hawken-corner- For your hawken musical needs

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

dito!

• Pastorius, (KDR) Subdivision and Ninja_Goat like this

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Can't wait to see some video of Sunday's sessions. Especially of the TDM on Prosk and the Squad leading in the higher tier games. Get them posted here if you have them!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Were really fun to play with you all :D
  • Pastorius likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
TDM Prosk
MA Origin << Excellent communication and Teamwork from the Veterans team !

• Guns_N_Rozer, Erzunterweltler, Pastorius and 3 others like this

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
Sorry for double post but I had to put this one here, many of KDR know Kleromonas (aka Badsinger) from our TAW days, and the infamous Klero's singing Friday nights :D

I was lucky to play with him recently and in this video he was kind enough to pocket Tech my vanguard. You can guess the rest.......

• Guns_N_Rozer, Erzunterweltler, Pastorius and 2 others like this

batpanda

batpanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi all some footage from the Sunday games, more to come :)

A big thank you to all of the KDR crew for another great match

KkaQ7HY.png

vApIL8Q.pngQX2sDN0.pnggXO9Nfd.png

KDR Master | UVW Co-host | Member of KOBALT | Fluffy black and white bear

batpanda

batpanda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

TDM Prosk
MA Origin << Excellent communication and Teamwork from the Veterans team !

that first match was awesome, i will try and get the video up for that , that way you can watch the tactics from both sides :)
  • Pastorius likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

vApIL8Q.pngQX2sDN0.pnggXO9Nfd.png

KDR Master | UVW Co-host | Member of KOBALT | Fluffy black and white bear

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Hi all some footage from the Sunday games, more to come :)
[Video]

A big thank you to all of the KDR crew for another great match

That was such a fun game even if it wasn't the most balanced one. After all it's about having fun right ? :)

Oh and the best part is at 10:15.

''Keep on pounding the two, keep on pounding the two ! -Hehehehehehe'' Oh my god i laughed so hard =D

You guys are the best.

• Erzunterweltler, Pastorius, Ninja_Goat and 1 other like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Exactly Lauren, having fun with friends is the most important thing, and playing Hawken in proper teams is a real rarity Vs the endless Pub lottery.

As the clan settles down into a routine, we will try where possible to avoid having all the experienced Squad Leaders on one team.

Interestingly though the Auto-balance actually did a great job.  You+Seth  Vs  Me+Olio  is pretty even MMR wise. As was Pasta+Panda Vs Vily+corrupted.

The clear balance breaker was communication,

A squad leader (Olio for us) will make the Macro decisions on where to deploy forces, but the success of this often relies on constant feedback from individuals on enemy locations and situations at silo's.

You can hear us all constantly calling out where the enemy is.  This makes it much easier for Olio to evaluate where he needs to concentrate his forces.  

Equally it was easier for me to ninja around capping empty silos, because I knew where all of your team where located.  

Olio mostly left me too it as he knew he could rely on me to do that role.

That familiarity comes with experience, but the more you do it the easier it gets.  

After all when you guys decided to focus on S2 about half way through the game it became very difficult for us to hold 2 silos.

My advice to Pilots new to clans like yourself would be, don't try to think of too much at first, squad leaders can do the big picture.  

Just concentrate on getting used to giving quick info to your squad leader, EG:  "Goat and Panda moving to S3" or "Assault and Vanguard under AA" 

It feels awkward at first, but becomes second nature after a while.  Seron is particularly awesome at this stuff as he talks in proper military terms.

Pandabaron

Pandabaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

The Communication between you guys Is amazing. I find it hard to even press ctrl when stuff is going on around me! Hawken Is such a quick game like that.. But The more I watch these videos, the more i'm learning what you're supposed to say. Last session I was a little lost, As I usually only play TDM, when someone says like 'Scout where the EU point is' I'm like, 'Care to elaborate..' BOOOM! TOW to the Liver. *sad face*  

I'm pretty sure mech's have livers. 

• Guns_N_Rozer, Browno, Erzunterweltler and 4 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

The Communication between you guys Is amazing. I find it hard to even press ctrl when stuff is going on around me! Hawken Is such a quick game like that.. But The more I watch these videos, the more i'm learning what you're supposed to say. Last session I was a little lost, As I usually only play TDM, when someone says like 'Scout where the EU point is' I'm like, 'Care to elaborate..' BOOOM! TOW to the Liver. *sad face*  

I'm pretty sure mech's have livers. 

Don't worry about a thing, it all comes with experience. Like, for example, pretty much everyone has the habit of going to the EU tree on their right. At first you'll probably find an A class waiting for you, but preds later on in the game. A thing like knowing where to and to not boost because there might be an enemy in minimap range. Also knowing the map naming conventions is always nice :).

For your first time squadleading you did pretty well, actually. Better than my first time :). "Let's go get EU!" *Enemy ship launches*.

But yea, maybe TDM would be good for map naming convention and calling out enemies. Guess we have something for next training to work on:).

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Ninja_Goat

Ninja_Goat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I find it hard to even press ctrl when stuff is going on around me!

Top tip, don't use push to talk !! unless you have rampant tourretes syndrome, it's just one more button to press, and stops you from speaking naturally.

Set Teamspeak to always on.
  • Pandabaron likes this

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Top tip, don't use push to talk !! unless you have rampant tourretes syndrome, it's just one more button to press, and stops you from speaking naturally.

I would, but then you'd all hear my incessant rambling all the time, so Lft CTRL is easier for me.

Then again, I've never spoken on the teamspeak. 

I've never spoken to any of you using my mouth.

Just let that sink in.

• LaurenEmily likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Pandabaron

Pandabaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

My mic really isn't good enough for that unfortunately. I also frequently play video games with my brother sitting across from me on his P.C. So I may just have to get used to it ^_^

• Ninja_Goat likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Hey folks, I just wanted to say (without sounding patronising) how cool it is to see everyone discussing HAWKEN, asking questions and offering advice. It was awesome to read this thread today and see all this. This is exactly the kind of thing we should be doing.

I fuzzy love it! :tongue:   

This is a great tip but if you don't mind me cutting in here, I think NinjaGoat meant "Voice Activation Detection" (find it in settings/options/capture).

You really must have a decent headset for this and you have to test it out properly with a friend in TS to set it correctly.  I use it and so do others in the team but there is a fine line before it stops just activating for your voice and starts picking up your breathing/chewing etc.

"Continius Transmission" (always on) really is a not recommended as it will probably pick up key strikes and other background/accidental noise if you are not careful.   

My mic really isn't good enough for that unfortunately. I also frequently play video games with my brother sitting across from me on his P.C. So I may just have to get used to it ^_^

If it's a half decent headset you might be alright but a desktop mic definitely won't cut it mate.

Love the videos, love the thread, you are all just awesome!

Edited by Pastorius, 21 April 2015 - 09:19 AM.

• Erzunterweltler, LaurenEmily, Ninja_Goat and 2 others like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

(KDR) Seron16

(KDR) Seron16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Seron is particularly awesome at this stuff as he talks in proper military terms.

I'm quite rusty, need to get back into the groove, but I appreciate the compliment! :D

• Erzunterweltler, Pastorius and Ninja_Goat like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

Spoiler

Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

22/04/15

Hey folks: The KDR server is currently offline (along with all the other EU private servers) due to some exciting back end maintenance.

CapnJosh: 1. I know some of the private servers are unavailable right now.
- We're working on something pretty exciting with regards to the private server rentals, so the disruption will be worth it ;)

This should be very good for us but in the meantime we will have to do without it.

@Batpanda and Dr_Freeze, I don't know if they will be back up by tonight's' Ultra-Violent Wednesday event.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users