• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

As you're aware, capnjosh has kindly reinstated our private servers. Before reinstating TPG, however, I wanted to discuss our options with the various team captains and admins. At this point, I've spoken with everyone (albeit not always as extensively as I would've liked) and wish to report my decision and its reasoning.

Firstly, we will be continuing Season 2 from where we went on hiatus. For most teams, that means 1-2 regular season games remain. Once these games have been played, we will seed the playoffs using the regular season standings. Teams may start scheduling and playing matches at their earliest convenience.

Here are the reasons for this decision:

1. Many players and teams (and admins) put forth 2-3 months of effort. I do not want to discard that effort. Nor can I assign Season Champion to any teams without their having completed the regular season and the playoffs.

2. The majority of teams have only 1 or 2 games remaining in the regular season. Two teams (RATA and TBT) have completed their entire match set.

3. Enough teams have both the interest and the players required to complete the second season.

4. If we're putting effort into starting another season (which we will!), we may as well spend the 2-3 weeks it'll take to finish the second – especially since the third season teams will comprise many of the same players.

5. I hope that a slight kick to the bustle will revitalize certain teams and the competitive scene at large.

Recruitment Rules

As per TPG rules, the rosters were locked after week 6. Although I understand the extenuating circumstances surrounding our second season, I am reluctant to permit further recruitment/roster changes for the following reasons:

1. Allowing players to recruit/change teams increases the likelihood that teams will vulture players from their competitors.

2. Similarly, it increases the likelihood that players will leave their teams for stronger contenders.

3. All of the teams have experienced similar difficulties re: participation drop. At the same time, I have been watching the activity of the players from each team (through Steam and through the Hawken forums). By my count, each previously active team has sufficient players to continue playing (perhaps with a ringer or two). Asides from drama or severely dissonant schedules, I can't see a reason that each of the teams can't gather enough members/ringers to participate

If teams cannot meet player requirements, they will be encouraged to utilize ringers. A particular ringer's participation remains, of course, subject to the opposing captain's approval. However, TPG admins will work with teams to find appropriate replacements. Additionally, I will not permit any schedule dicking. Teams don't risk forfeiture if particular dates don't work for them. Although we do expect teams to play matches as promptly as possible, we will work with captains to accommodate scheduling difficulties.

Teams who elect not to participate will forfeit their playoff spot. This forfeiture shouldn't be considered a punishment, of course, and does not reflect poorly on the captain or the team.

Teams who wish to participate but find themselves severely short of players should contact me to discuss their options. I'll be sending this information to all team captains.

Nept

TPG Hawken Head Admin

*Cross-posting from general forums for maximum visibility

• Silverfire and ticklemyiguana like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Here are the reasons for this decision:

1. Many players and teams (and admins) put forth 2-3 months of effort. I do not want to discard that effort. Nor can I assign Season Champion to any teams without their having completed the regular season and the playoffs.

2. The majority of teams have only 1 or 2 games remaining in the regular season. Two teams (RATA and TBT) have completed their entire match set.

It's like we were trained by the single most bureaucratic, rule-bound clan in all of existence.

• Nept, ticklemyiguana and CounterlogicMan like this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts
Dear developers: if you want a solid advertising platform, this is it. Find a way to implement spectator mode successfully and stream the most competitive, highest tier games that this community has to offer.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 04 April 2015 - 08:46 AM.

• Amidatelion, _incitatus, OdinTheWise and 1 other like this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Dear developers: if you want a solid advertising platform, this is it. Find a way to implement spectator mode successfully and stream the most competitive, highest tier games that this community has to offer.

i cant agree more

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Nept, tickle, Amid: If you guys need access to http://hawken.challonge.com/as admins to run brackets. I can set you guys up as one on that page.

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

It's like we were trained by the single most bureaucratic, rule-bound clan in all of existence.

I didn't get that on my first read through.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I didn't get that on my first read through.

Results may vary.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Nept, tickle, Amid: If you guys need access to http://hawken.challonge.com/as admins to run brackets. I can set you guys up as one on that page.

Thanks Sigma.  Think I'll be alright, personally - TPG's stuff handles the regular season standings, and I simply make a throwaway "tournament" on Challonge for playoff bracketing.

Mechdestoryer117

Mechdestoryer117

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

so this is competitive play right. I'd love to join a team or at least talk to a team get to know them. current mmr is 2100 I only have one acc no smurfs. I play much better than most 2100 mmr players

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

so this is competitive play right. I'd love to join a team or at least talk to a team get to know them. current mmr is 2100 I only have one acc no smurfs. I play much better than most 2100 mmr players

You're a bit late on this thread. Look here for the most recent info on state of TPG league.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users