HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

DUAL Weilding Primary Guns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#41 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 09:42 AM

My replies in this color, because it won't let me quote as many times as I'd like.

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 28 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

the idea isn't outlandish.
In your opinion.

i design game mechanics for a living.
I can state I'm a rocket scientist for NASA, but that doesn't make it so. Do try to back your arguments with solid reasoning, and not by the whole "I'm a professional and you're not" thing. I mean, first off, if you are a game design professional as you claim to be, you should have absolutely no trouble backing your design ideas with logic and reason, rather than "It's cool so obviously it would make the game better." And secondly, professionals don't use "I'm a professional" as a way to say "I know better than you", they would use it in the sense "I'm a professional and this is my perspective on the matter" shortly followed by backing that opinion with solid evidence, which you have not done. And considering your general attitude, skill in describing your ideas and general poor typing habits, you don't strike me as a professional.

and im upset that you are a rude arrogant troll on the forum.
Take a close look at how you act and treat people. Why are you surprised that they treat you poorly_ You do no favors for yourself when you act so spiteful and arrogant. And it is not our fault when you fail to back your reasons with solid points. That is your failure, and you shouldn't be getting upset that people then point out holes in your reasoning.

i could show you videos of me kicking arse on armored core 1-4 as well but there is no point.
You right. There is no point, because while it shows you may be a competent gamer in general, it does not prove that you have a good idea of how Hawken mechanics work, or your skill as a Hawken pilot.

end of the day you have an attitude problem, and stepped on a land mine when tried to bully me on a forum, without knowing who i was, what my skill level is.

if i was some scrub you wouldn't have made a fool of yourself.
And you say he has the attitude problem.

so here i am AGAIN dragging the topic of conversation back AGAIN onto what matters, which btw, isn't your 'opinion'.
So now, for some arbitrary reason, your opinion somehow matters and his doesn't_

dual wielding primary weapons
Would that make the game better_ more money for this start up company_ more fun for the players_ better reviews_
HELL YES
I would like to provide solid empirical evidence that implementing dual weapons would Hawken any more profitable and fun than if it didn't have them.

why_
its simple, the different primary weapons have inbuilt strengths and weaknesses. having teh player FORCED to take a missile launcher FORCES them to play a certain style.
it FORCES them to have certain strength , the High alpha and accuracy/ range of the TOW for example.
If they had the FREEDOM OF CHOICE to take 2x SMG. then they LOSE the TOW.

get it_ you are SACRIFICING THE TOW FOR MORE SMG BULLETS.

This means that although you throw words like 'balance' and 'game-play mechanics' around, you don't actually understand them.
Now that I'm actually doing the math, it shows that you actually don't understand what balance means.
Let's take the example of your favored double SMCs. They could deal 1175 damage in 6.75 seconds, at which point they overheat. A SMC/TOW combo does 1220 damage in 9.8 seconds (overheat time).
A double SMC combo would deal 28% more damage in 6.75 seconds. Do you realize how ridiculous that is_
The loss in of utility isn't so much of a drawback that you would give it up for killing power that superior. You just get in your enemies face, and shred them. Hell, you can even mitigate your inability so hit someone behind cover just by taking an HE Charge.

dual TOW for example wouldn't be overpowered, it would be similar to fighting someone in quake 3 or unreal who is using a rocket launcher.
i killed plenty of fools using a rocket launcher.
i wouldn't feel at an unfair disadvantage if i was using 2 smg's vs a dual TOW or dual Heat Cannon.
First off, that is a terrible comparison. The mechanics and movement in those games is dissimilar enough that trying to draw a direct comparison to Hawken in those particular regards is absurd.
Secondly, combos like the TOW/TOW would be incredibly gimped. because you can only fire a TOW once every 3 seconds. That would give plenty of time for an auto/auto user to get in and start shredding them. On the other hand, a HEAT/HEAT user would never even be seen, likely only popping out of cover to knock massive amounts of health off targets from a range. Dual Sabot's would effectively be 2-shotting everything. I really feel like you haven't though out what would happen with every dual weapon combo, how the DPS works out, and how some combo's are vastly better than anything else you could take.

it would be one hell of a adrenaline rush.
It would be a cluster!@#$ of bad balance.

see... most of combat isn't the guns, the guns don't win the game for you.
accuracy, speed, movement, tactics, map control, carefully selected mech-upgrades. THESE are the things that result in the win.
But winning requires fighting (broken Siege mode aside), and obviously the guns are a huge part of fighting.

View PostOmega22, on November 28 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Why worry about the technical side of  Dual wielding Primaries... i said Primaries not Secondaries.... let the Hawken Team compensate the in balance that may arise .... give the option to the player ... Do you want to equip your mech with dual primary guns in the load out screen.. have a button placed there and lets see how many clicks we would get ...

I am sure it will add to the fun factor ... so let the masses vote .... Give the player the option to decide if he wants to dual wield or not ... if he does not want to don't click that button ... but don't cry , complain, ridicule, bring down,mock or discourage... we all want  have the same wish and the same goal here on this Forum ... Make Hawken The No 1  Mech Game in Gaming History in this ERA...

So please let Team Hawken decide ... BETA 4 = DUAL WEAPONS TRAIL.. Lock and Load
It is our duty as beta testers to consider the technical aspects of balance and game mechanics.
Beta testing does not just mean you got early access to the game, and to suggest whatever improvement you think is cool.
A good beta tester considers the implications and ramifications of what they are giving feedback on.
They consider whether the current mechanics are balanced and work, or if they don't. And if they don't, they think about why, and possible ways to improve it.
They consider what their suggestions of what they might like to see fits within the game, is balanced and fair and works out in a reasonable manner.

Most of all, they do their research, and see if the topic has already been addressed, and as you can see by D20's post, the devs have already considered dual weapons and rejected them.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 28 2012 - 09:43 AM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#42 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:27 AM

maybe they will maybe they wont, at least im so awesome that the thread gets pages of bs abuse and 'psychoanalysis.

with beautiful contradictions coming from steel killers.
I like the bit where asian joy killer in once sentence paints me as some kind of egotist who doesn't give a rational arguments, but is then no less than a paragraph quotes my rational arguments.

Dual wielding ANY Weapon would maybe cause problems. But mix in a touch of class-based weapon selection, and dual wielding works.
Add to that perhaps making it something you unlock at a later level, lets say...dual wielding smgs at lvl 15 for a beserker.

Now there is a good idea that solves the problems of Not having dual wielding, without repeating the problems of the older beta.

#43 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:35 AM

Your arguments aren't rational, aren't backed up in a reasonable manner, and tried to support them with "TOTALLY TRUE UNSUBSTANTIATED IRL FACTS THAT CONVENIENTLY MAKE ME THE EXPERT HERE"
You just pile assertions on top of assertions, and you don't even try to address any of Asian's arguments
I'd like to think that you're trolling, but even then it would be the sad sort of trolling where you haven't really accomplished anything troll-worthy
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#44 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:50 AM

Please don't try the "Oh yah_ I was trolling the entire time! Jokes on you guys!" routine. It never really works out for the person.

Bare minimum this idea would make the team design most of the system from the ground up just to make this balanced. It's not worth the trouble really. Although maybe in the far future they will make a gun that is balanced and allow you to put it on both Primary and Secondary.

Edited by Sylhiri, November 28 2012 - 10:51 AM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#45 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 11:13 AM

Everyone, check out beeman's post and ask yourself .. how much of what this guy types is on topic of dual wielding. Oh yeah thats right. None.
And i see no reason to argue with you on your terms.

how about instead of 'answering Asians points' (his wall of txt and psychology_lol!)
NO fuzzy bunny that, instead.

how about you answer MY points.

for example

Knightmarez, the amazing mech pilot asks this question.

If dual wielding SMG's via replacing the TOW isn't broken and add's depth to the game, why Wouldn't you allow it_

everyone watch....they won't answer the question, instead it will be all about '' my ego'' hahahahahahahahahahahah

As if there is something wrong with me for having confidence in myself XD

and on that note, one of the more ridiculas points asian made

''so you are a good pilot''
''but when relevance does that have with the topic of dual wielding.''

its like this, people who are better at golf have more valuable opinions about golf than your average human. were you putting forward that all opinions are equal_ wait! wait! don't answer that question, want you to answer the above one in the quote marks if you can hahaahahahahahahahahahahah

Edited by rdKNIGHTMAREZ, November 28 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#46 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 11:19 AM

Well, considered but never tested in Beta... so far as from what i can tell ... the game is running fine but needs to be beefed up ... the foundation is rock solid... but now its time to reach for the skies ... " I SAY MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE"

Don't fail to try... try and fail until we get it right... saying it wont work is like saying we give up ... heck if we can fly drones in live combat in real life what are dual wielding weapons in a 3d game ....

As a hardcore gamer  i want to see change and not be stuck with the same stuff and doing the same stuff all the time...

Its what a game should offer... that draws players like a magnet and keep em there cause it has tons of stuff to do and  and get .

so playing this game in beta 3 for the 1st time ... i say give it a go with the dual weapons and see how it all pans out... what have we got to loose ... i see nothing but gains and a success for Hawken.

Yes double the damage but at the cost of double the heat build up resulting in quick over heating and if not cautious immediate mech shut down.. its a risk that one takes in battle at that cost. Its up to you if you want to dual equip ability , if not switch back to normal mode:

Normal Weapons  Load-out
Primary Left : POINT-D VULCAN
Secondary Right : TOW LAUNCHER

Normal Weapons Damage output  = 200   rate slow  / heat build up moderate

Dual Weapons Load-out
Primary Left : POINT-D VULCAN
Primary Right:POINT-D VULCAN

Dual Weapons Damage output  = 200 rate high / heat build up high

above is just an example ... to paint a picture of how stuff can be made to be balanced.

well i am no geek or a rocket scientist .. just another half baked idea

Edited by Omega22, November 28 2012 - 11:23 AM.

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#47 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 28 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 28 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

If dual wielding SMG's via replacing the TOW isn't broken and add's depth to the game, why Wouldn't you allow it_
But it is broken and it doesn't add depth
And it's been tested before
Also spellcheck please
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#48 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 11:36 AM

Its not broken, It hasn't been tested properly (namely all weapons  were options, what i'm suggesting is limited choice).

it Adds depth because it adds ''balanced choice''.

#49 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 11:40 AM

i got no time to spell check... i type fast so if i miss spell ... as long as people can understand me ... tested before ... go back to the drawing board and make it work... it can ... nothing is impossible ... see it as a challenge and make it work ... even if it takes a year or 2 ... i do not expect to see changes over night as the saying goes Rome was not built in a day ... so take it as a project task for our hawken team to put in more research and development about this Beemann .

#50 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 28 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 28 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Its not broken, It hasn't been tested properly (namely all weapons  were options, what i'm suggesting is limited choice).

it Adds depth because it adds ''balanced choice''.
Except it's not balanced, which is exactly why it's broken
You've almost gone in a circle here
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#51 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'm going to quietly interject here and say that not even Halo developers thought they could balance arbitrary dual weapon combinations and removed them from the game series entirely post-halo 3.

If the Bungie/343 couldn't do it with years of experience and multiple flagship Triple-A games, there's little hope for hawken, a tiny team of brand new developers with no development titles under their belt, to do so.

Edited by Conquistador, November 28 2012 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#52 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:18 PM

In theory it could work but not easly and it would take a lot of mechanic reworking at the moment to balance it.

They are having balance issues as is.

IMO They should balance /polish the game as is THEN add in messy stuff...

#53 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:28 PM

You got to be kidding me …a tiny team of brand new developers with no development titles under their belt, to do so…ouch ouch… Never Doubt Them…
I respect your view on this subject.. so far its just been a few hot headed members who have given rock solid negative critisim about this idea and a minority of us members that are for this idea..
All I am saying give the ability and option to dual equip..
Not all of us are skilled .. we want to rely on our guns ..  We want to pack heavy…
We want to turn Hawken from being Extra Ordinary into Jaw Breaking Game
All I am saying give the player full control in this game to build , modify, equip, however he wants to … remove the restrictions …or road blocks

Edited by Omega22, November 28 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#54 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:40 PM

decide for yourself and cast your say on this link herehttp://community.pla...g-primary-guns/

#55 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostOmega22, on November 28 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Not all of us are skilled .. we want to rely on our guns ..  We want to pack heavy…

The point of every single one of these threads. Thank you for finally admitting it.

View PostrdKNIGHTMAREZ, on November 28 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

end of the day you have an attitude problem, and stepped on a land mine when tried to bully me on a forum, without knowing who i was, what my skill level is.

if i was some scrub you wouldn't have made a fool of yourself.

I'm done with you. I invite you to see me ingame, I'll trash you and Omega solo.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#56 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted November 28 2012 - 04:29 PM

GUIZ, GUIZ! Dueal wealding Volcanos con-firmed!! Even on classes that don't even get the Wulcan, like da scout!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

What_ No, don be silly, ovcourse it's not just a simple visual glitch.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#57 omnissiah19

omnissiah19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted November 28 2012 - 04:46 PM

yea duel nightmarez and omega and livestream that fuzzy bunny
Begin transmission. The world collapses behind me.Posted Image

#58 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostSirCannonFodder, on November 28 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

GUIZ, GUIZ! Dueal wealding Volcanos con-firmed!! Even on classes that don't even get the Wulcan, like da scout!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

What_ No, don be silly, ovcourse it's not just a simple visual glitch.
  Amazing !!!... thanks for the Visuals...

#59 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 06:40 PM

Trash Omega...Trash Omega Solo... don't make us laugh on this Forum...please... leave that to me....

If you and some others who all have a 1 Track mine , do not think we all see and think and play the way you would...

This is not Mortal Combat or Rise of Robots..... this is a Shooter...You Point at Something and it Dies...So I like to Point my Double Guns Up Your Mech And Destroy you ....

ok jokes aside... enough of ridicules ... you either for or against Dual Guns... so you made your stand and me mine ..Respect that ...Hawken team will have the Final Say... ok Peace bro

#60 rdKNIGHTMAREZ

rdKNIGHTMAREZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 06:45 PM

and on that note....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users