HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Single Player_

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: Single Player_ (508 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want it_

1. Yes (434 votes [85.43%])

Percentage of vote: 85.43%

2. No (74 votes [14.57%])

Percentage of vote: 14.57%

Why_

1. Intriguing Story (Yes) (240 votes [47.24%])

Percentage of vote: 47.24%

2. Stupid Story (No) (9 votes [1.77%])

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

3. F2P's (Free to Plays) should not have stories (No) (14 votes [2.76%])

Percentage of vote: 2.76%

4. Some F2P's have stories so maybe... (11 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

5. F2P's need stories (Yes) (19 votes [3.74%])

Percentage of vote: 3.74%

6. Just cool to have (Yes) (119 votes [23.43%])

Percentage of vote: 23.43%

7. Just not interested (No) (49 votes [9.65%])

Percentage of vote: 9.65%

8. Low pressure environment (Yes) (47 votes [9.25%])

Percentage of vote: 9.25%

Co-op

1. YES (430 votes [84.65%])

Percentage of vote: 84.65%

2. NO (78 votes [15.35%])

Percentage of vote: 15.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted December 16 2012 - 03:57 PM

Would you want single player_ Answer in poll and don't forget to post replies. Some thoughts have been a paid DLC for a Campaign. I like this idea. Others think that this would take time from multiplayer. This is a problem if they ever decide to do this which they won't.

Edited by tman7919, February 16 2013 - 09:53 AM.

Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#2 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted December 16 2012 - 04:06 PM

Well, It's highly unlikely that Hawken would ever have/ need a single player story mode. (I mean, look at TF2. It's "The most labyrinthine story in Valve history" and doesn't have a single player campaign.) Regardless, It would be cool if we could explore Llall (_) at our own pace without having to be constantly shot at by Walking Televisions and the like.

As for Co-op, well sure, Meteor would have to expand the storyline, but most modern multiplayer shooters have some sort of hoard/ co-op mode, so yes, I vote for Co-op.
< TEXT-FIELD >

#3 DCSchlaepfer

DCSchlaepfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 07:12 PM

Co-op would be cool if they did it like in the live-action trailer, where each member of the team has a different attribute, or skill. That might be fun.

Story would cost a whole truckload of money, so I wouldn't count on it any time soon. That said, it'd still be awesome. Can't you just imagine gigantic mech bosses with a huge arsenal of explosives_ Ah... that would be great...
"Though earth and man are gone, I thought the cube would last forever. I was WRONG."

-Doug Rattmann-

#4 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted December 16 2012 - 08:29 PM

there will be a pve released eventually but it will be team vs comp not solo (to the best of my knowledge)

#5 Leaders

Leaders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationEastern Canada

Posted December 16 2012 - 08:32 PM

Triple no for me, I think development time should be spent on more multiplayer elements rather than singleplayer.

When the game is in its adolescence I think it may be the time to revisit this idea.

#6 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 16 2012 - 08:46 PM

Single player would take way too much effort to be worth it economically.

Furthermore why own computers when i can play against humans_ the unpredictability of the human mind is far more interesting.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#7 Aces_loaded

Aces_loaded

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSt.Louis MO

Posted December 16 2012 - 08:55 PM

I think a campaign mode would really be a sell point for the game...the game is fun as is..but gets boring after playing on the same 5 or so maps every time.

#8 DeathmachinePT

DeathmachinePT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 07:18 AM

The first thing when I saw the graphics, gameplay and scenary I thought man this game allows for a really great singleplayer experience.

Edited by DeathmachinePT, March 18 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#9 Kinged

Kinged

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationlook behind you

Posted December 17 2012 - 09:48 AM

@Aces_loaded
They need to make more maps then not add a campaign
Exercise ... ex ... er ... cise
ex ... ar ...size ...
eggs ... are ...sides
... for bacon ...
BACON

#10 MIG_

MIG_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 01:51 PM

@ Kinged + Aces_loaded

Keep in mind you guys are just beta tester. And a guineapig gets what it should test.

If they plan a single mode (and to release it in most probably one year (would ensure the quality)), then they should do it like 'Robert Space Industry'. Giving out a fine multi-player game suitable to the most. And a nice singel-player / Co-Op mecha simulation with lots of mirco management of the mecha systems, lots of buttons, sophisticated weapons and radar systems, energy management . And need of smart usage of the booster ... or may it should not even be in the singel player. And the sound ... i like the speed of sound delay! And a variety of long range / open area and urban environments.

It will be hard to develop a good story! So the singel-player should thrill with the absolute need of clever maneuvers against bad guys. The good combination could be the broken communication due the nano virus and so you must bring some afford to identify unknown objects in distance before they know about the presence of you. :-)

...narf just a spontanifous idea...

But thats my fetish. :-P

#11 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 01:57 PM

I think they should spend a ton of time (6 months at least) improving the multiplayer before starting up a single-player. I would be interested though, especially if it had co-op.
Desert Fox

#12 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 06:12 PM

I would love to see a story-driven single player campaign released as a standalone title or sequel to the current game. As everyone's said, it's expensive to develop an SP game with a campaign that has enough content. I find the story interesting, and I love the look of the world, but if making an SP mode means they have to take time away from developing the multiplayer aspect I'd have to say, "do not want."

On the other hand, UT3 had a "story" mode that was based around maps from different game types. If Hawken had enough maps, a PvE "campaign" with increasingly difficult opponents might be a fun idea.

#13 SewerShark

SewerShark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostThe_Eldritch_Abomination, on December 16 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Well, It's highly unlikely that Hawken would ever have/ need a single player story mode. (I mean, look at TF2. It's "The most labyrinthine story in Valve history" and doesn't have a single player campaign.) Regardless, It would be cool if we could explore Llall (_) at our own pace without having to be constantly shot at by Walking Televisions and the like.

As for Co-op, well sure, Meteor would have to expand the storyline, but most modern multiplayer shooters have some sort of hoard/ co-op mode, so yes, I vote for Co-op.

I have to agree, though Combat Arms did have a "story" (for what backstory there was of the game) that was shown through all the maps and characters, especially for all the co-op maps. An objective-based co-op campaign that tied into an overall story, like L4D, would be excellent.

View Post-Tj-, on December 18 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

I would love to see a story-driven single player campaign released as a standalone title or sequel to the current game. As everyone's said, it's expensive to develop an SP game with a campaign that has enough content. I find the story interesting, and I love the look of the world, but if making an SP mode means they have to take time away from developing the multiplayer aspect I'd have to say, "do not want."

On the other hand, UT3 had a "story" mode that was based around maps from different game types. If Hawken had enough maps, a PvE "campaign" with increasingly difficult opponents might be a fun idea.

Yeah, a stand-alone "Armored Core, but FPS!" game would be excellent. Just hoping Meteor makes enough to start doing spinoffs.

All the Unreal Tournaments' singleplayers were basically training exercises for the MP, though, though UT3 did have an interesting story.

View PostPhaaze, on December 16 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

there will be a pve released eventually but it will be team vs comp not solo (to the best of my knowledge)

Yeah, Hawken, as an F2P multiplayer, most likely just isn't built for F2P.

(A singleplayer F2P would be interesting...)

#14 Hiphin

Hiphin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostDCSchlaepfer, on December 16 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Co-op would be cool if they did it like in the live-action trailer, where each member of the team has a different attribute, or skill. That might be fun.

Story would cost a whole truckload of money, so I wouldn't count on it any time soon. That said, it'd still be awesome. Can't you just imagine gigantic mech bosses with a huge arsenal of explosives_ Ah... that would be great...

YES!!!  CO-OP with Squad positions like Sniper, assault , and etc
It would help players learn how to play certain roles also.

ALSO MAKE-
Make it like Terrorist hunt and give people Hawken Points for winning

ALSO MAKE-
Make a Survival Mode of Waves of Mechs, this will help people learn to play and shoot

#15 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostSewerShark, on December 18 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

View PostThe_Eldritch_Abomination, on December 16 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

I have to agree, though Combat Arms did have a "story" (for what backstory there was of the game) that was shown through all the maps and characters, especially for all the co-op maps. An objective-based co-op campaign that tied into an overall story, like L4D, would be excellent.

View Post-Tj-, on December 18 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yeah, a stand-alone "Armored Core, but FPS!" game would be excellent. Just hoping Meteor makes enough to start doing spinoffs.

All the Unreal Tournaments' singleplayers were basically training exercises for the MP, though, though UT3 did have an interesting story.

View PostPhaaze, on December 16 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Yeah, Hawken, as an F2P multiplayer, most likely just isn't built for F2P.

(A singleplayer F2P would be interesting...)
one thing meteor did not make the game and can't make it even more than it is now... they just published it... not sure if you know
Posted Image

#16 The8BitFox

The8BitFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 19 2012 - 02:24 PM

They already have a storyline, if any of you have read the graphic novel previews, it would be interesting to have a single player campaign that follows the comic storyline, in turn giving players who haven't read the graphic novels a better understanding of the games background. All games are more fun when you understand the objective and why it should be achieved, it could also offer an insight to how the maps were formed.

It would be cool to have a split campaign, where at the start of the campaign you choose between Sentuim and Prosk (maybe crion_) And at that point the other locks and you follow your chosen storyline, upon completion the other clan would unlock, just an idea :)

Posted Image

I'll see you on the battlefield. You won't see me.

#17 Gigatour

Gigatour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 19 2012 - 02:54 PM

Combat training CO-OP vs any number of mechs at a set difficulty, possibly like survival mods in MW3 have a constant wave of ever increasing difficult mechs. you and a buddy against  5 scouts too start by the end its 2 scouts a brawler sniper and a few infiltrators

#18 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostThe8BitFox, on December 19 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

They already have a storyline, if any of you have read the graphic novel previews, it would be interesting to have a single player campaign that follows the comic storyline, in turn giving players who haven't read the graphic novels a better understanding of the games background. All games are more fun when you understand the objective and why it should be achieved, it could also offer an insight to how the maps were formed.

It would be cool to have a split campaign, where at the start of the campaign you choose between Sentuim and Prosk (maybe crion_) And at that point the other locks and you follow your chosen storyline, upon completion the other clan would unlock, just an idea :)
I really like the idea of choosing Sentium or Prosk. Already thought about that but you are the one who typed it. ;)
Posted Image

#19 XenoMorph

XenoMorph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNY USA

Posted December 20 2012 - 07:11 PM

This is dumb.
Posted Image

I usually assume my team-mates are retarded :)

#20 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted December 20 2012 - 07:25 PM

I would pay for it if it were an option.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users