HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Map Suggestions:

Art Community Game Forum Project Review

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#161 space_mouse

space_mouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationYER MOMS

Posted August 16 2013 - 05:14 PM

I did a search for "map" in the suggestions forum got 0 results(still do) so i started a thread yesterday. https://community.pl...uggestion-page/
But this thread seems like the place for map suggestions so i'm reposting. Hope it's not to redundant. There is an idea for how to do a seige map on a space ship/station. Another way would be to have each base be a ship connected to a station. EU would launch an atack ship. So here is my post + a responce from another player and another post...placed here.

"
A subterranean siege map where the basses+anti-air(AA) are above ground, and the energy(EU) points are deep deep down in a descending maze like a mine/cavern/bunker  network. It could even be possible that the AA control is subterranean, like minute man missiles, or there could be control points for otherwise neutral  built in defensive turrets or radar or EMP to mess with opposing team mechs.

A somewhat space flight oriented map would be great, perhaps in orbit with a debris/asteroid belt as the play field. It would be a doughnut shaped map with a moon planet or huge(out of bounds) ship at the center. Ideally there would be no uniform up/down but large derbies(shipwreck) or Iron asteroids would "magnetize" mech feet. Each large object could be a warren of ship or caves with an exterior and interior surface to walk on. barring this local gravitation, a weak G could be set creating epic boosts/jumps from asteroid to asteroid in orbit, with the planet(out of bounds) as down. However it manifest this map could work well for all play modes.

A simpler space flight level might be the classic cylinder space station, with the ability to jump from one side to the other off a pad, or even target enemies "above" or across from you.  Team basses would be at opposite ends of the cylinder, with the team battleships out of bounds beyond awaiting launch and the AA somewhere in the middle."-  Space_Mouse

responce by Khalabunga, with some good ideas.

"Well, a subterranean map is a good start, but i think it should be CQC focused & almost entirely underground ( which i doubt they would do, they like their pretty vistas).

Since were getting a forest map, the next one has to be a winter map. But other than being white & having interesting ice formation, it will be hard to work into a unique map (i.e. play different than the desert map).

What i want is a water map where you can go underwater & have underwater combat, which as cool as that would, i think would be a bit of a balancing issue with some weapons.

Thou, the subterranean map can have a big underground lake, which will look very pretty & have interesting playstyles.

Space map, cant say yet, we haven't got to that point of the game to discuss the possibility.

Other smaller ideas, inside working factory, completely destroyed city, ship yard (with docked battleships), on battleships_, rabbit farm,etc."

-Khalabunga

and my responce to his post.

"Underwater maps, or portions of maps could work on the game mechanic much like a space map. That is boosters would set your coarse for long jumps, similar to moon gravity. Floating debris could provide an interesting string of cover across any large spaces, for ducking snipers and missile locks. If there were a subterranean ice map with slippery slopes, an underground lake would open up a large "vista" for longshots. It would be a great arena for the AA perhaps on a small mountain island in the center, riddled with a maze of caverns(some underwater). A shipyard would be a great water map. It's mighty industrial and there is a lot of potential for use of big machines like loaders and cranes, not to mention cargo containers on and off the ships. A repair bay would be a believable honey pot to draw out skirmishers."

sorry for the redundancy

$p@ ¢3­_M0u$3.

Edited by space_mouse, August 16 2013 - 05:15 PM.

#162 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 17 2013 - 09:48 AM

As long as you made it :)

Edited by Spliff_Craven, August 17 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#163 Necroledo

Necroledo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 02:23 PM

Snow, lava with ash, even another planet's airless surface are common in shooter games and I'd like to see them implemented.

But the ocean floor_ Never though about it, but I'm LOVING it! It really deserves a deeper look.

#164 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 03:16 PM

Another map like Prosk in terms of terrain.  I like the contrast of tight spaces in the lower levels and open spaces in the upper levels, it's fun to have that extra z-axis to play with.

Also, snow and lava maps both sound pretty cool thematically.

Edited by WarlordZ, August 25 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#165 Galeocerdo

Galeocerdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 01:41 PM

In Hawken wallpapers we can see ruins of a big city. It could make a good map I thought. It's a war or post apocalyptic environment so it would be cool.

#166 CommandX3

CommandX3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationColumbia

Posted August 31 2013 - 01:56 PM

What if the underwater map was inside of an underwater base that uses jump pads to switch between above an below water areas_

#167 reganomics

reganomics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSF, CA

Posted September 01 2013 - 04:05 PM

ANCIENT JUNGLE TEMPLE!

#168 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted September 14 2013 - 07:27 AM

I've thought of a new map and a  way the dev's could introduce some new mechs and weapons.

Here's the scenario, a large under ground storage facility is discovered in the Crion sub continent. It is, as yet, untouched by the virus. It contains hundreds of Crion mechs, something that we haven't seen in the game yet. It also contains a large stockpile of new weapons, should the Dev's wish to introduce such things.

Above ground could be a virus infested landscape, while below ground could be a pristine abandoned base. I was thinking of some kind of thing that is made up of large interconnecting hangers. Military in appearance, with large corridors leading to the surface. It could be used for all game modes.

As for the new mechs, I was thinking of two from each class. Six new mechs in total, designed in a style we've not seen yet. Maybe designed around the mech below. This is an old design for the game that was dropped. It is visually unique.

Posted Image

Edited by SandSpider, September 14 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#169 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 09:36 PM

I heard about a good idea "Labyrinth mode" I'm intrigued by it

#170 SystematicEX

SystematicEX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted October 27 2013 - 12:16 PM

I like all your originally posted ideas.  I would like more variety, but one issue I have with just about every map_  TOO BIG!

#171 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 11 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostChocksa, on November 11 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Raid:

There are 2 teams, 1 larger then the other. The larger team is assaulting a base, the smaller team is defending. To capture a base the assaulting team has to destroy the walls surrounding the base and destroy a data core in the center. The defending team has to hold them of.

To make up for the smaller numbers the defending team has some help in the form of terrain advantage and turrets on top of the walls. These turrets can be destroyed and also healed by a technician. They also double as a scanner so that the defense knows where the offense is coming from. If the walls are damaged these can not be healed but they have a lot of armor and resistance to bullet weapons. Explosive weapons do normal damage on the walls.

This is a timed mode. A round lasts around 15 minutes. When the timer hits 0 and the offense hasn't destroyed the data core in the center of the base the defensive team wins.
Some good ideas here...

#172 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted November 12 2013 - 03:00 AM

I made a poll based on this post. I've listed lots of the map suggestions that are here. Here is the link, https://community.pl...map-ideas-poll/

#173 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 04:54 PM

Worthy of mention:

View Postnepacaka, on October 12 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Snow map - i think it's little stupid in future/postapoc setting game. Night time map - i think it may hard to play, but new mech ability - "thermal vision" (we call it yet so) It can be very useful and handy on night map.
lava, and other strange "liquid" - no!
canyon, rock, cliff - it's so bored too.

I would also like to map with destroyed (in part) skyscrapers, in the ruins of the lower floors would fight bellows.
1) More abandoned city
Spoiler
Spoiler

2) more slum, like a UpTown (ghetto district_ sorry for my english translate)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

#174 ProphetZ

ProphetZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostTerminusx, on January 13 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

The ability to have user created maps which everyone could download and vote on as a regular rotation would be awesome.  Ahhh, the good ol' days of custom textures and maps......  That could open up a whole new experience for players, not to mention taking a lot of the work load off the designers. Imagine all the contests and prizes that could come into play :)
I think contests is exactly the way to do it!
They can't really implement loading just any random custom map right now,
but they could hold a contest and let the Unreal mapping community do some of the work for them!

#175 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 17 2013 - 07:00 PM

Seen this suggestion and had to add it here: It so reminds me of BF2142!

View PostStephenHawkins, on November 14 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

EDIT: trying to fix some typos, excuse my english :)

Hello, took me a while to prepare this, it´s a new idea for the Siege mode, to make it more strategic and intense.

The new Siege game, is at the beggining identical to the old Siege, collect EU to launch the ship and control AA. Anyway, this new mode offers a different approach on how the teams can defend and attack.
In first place, this new mode is designed for 12 players teams (as the experimental mayhem team death match from the Raider Update) but without the chaotic battles, and more strategy and a few specific roles in game.
I propose a new HP system for the base. The new base will have a regular EU load bay and turrets defenses (to avoid enemy direct incursions). But this time, it will have a new area: The Core Room, that represents the integrity of the base, instead of the old system, where the ship used to attack the base as a “whole”. The local team can acces to the core and defend it from enemy incursions.

Posted Image
This new enemy incursions can be posible, with a new Battle ship. this new ship can transport 4 regular mechs on top.
The mechs have free movement on the limited area of the deck of the ship, In this way, the ship must be bigger, with some obstacles that allows a good combat on top. The objective is to defend the ship bridge from enemy boarding and stay alive until the ship reachs the enemy base.

Note: The ships keep taking damage from AA and enemy fire from the ground as the old mode, this time,however, the ground damage is not the greatest risk  

Posted Image
Posted Image
When the mechs on board the ship are destroyed, or the other team has launched their ship, enter into action a new proposal for a mech: The carrier. This mech  can load 4 regular mechs, using a systems very similar to the EU collector of the base. While on board, the players can´t shot, this is to avoid any unbalanced death machine.

The carrier should transport the mechs to the top of the battle ship and unload them, before the ship arrives to the enemy base. a good carrier pilot, must do a smart use of a super shield that last a few seconds, but can defend the whole group from enemy fire until it reachs the ship deck.

I suggest to make the Carrier more like an Exo-suit-mech, instead of a mech. this means, that any player, after the launch of the ship, can go to his base, grab the carrier and transport other players. if the carrier is destroyed, a new one is deployed immediatelly. if there are no ships launched, any player can grab the carrier anyways, however, it shouldn´t have much fire power (maybe just a machine gun or a vulcan), the carrier suit should be more a support factor, instead of a death machine.

Posted Image
Posted Image

If both teams launchs their ship, when they collide, all players on board can aboard the enemy ship and destroy the bridge. the destroyed ship drops some heal charges and repair slightly the other ship, enough to give it a chance to reach the other base.

When the Ship  arrives to the enemy base, the remaining mechs on board it, can enter to the core room of the enemy base.  The carriers can keep transporting more mechs into the enemy core room during the time the ship is still alive.

The defenders must take down the enemy ship to avoid two things: more damage to the core, and  access of more mechs to the core room.  There are three ways to destroy it: destroying the bridge of the ship, reaching the bridge using jumpads placed inside the core room. Destroying the engines from underground or controling AA
Posted Image

The base and ship HP must be much more greater, to avoid short battles, specially with teams that take a while to be completelly organized, and make the assaults more dramatic. also the maps for this game, should be 40 or 50% larger than the current maps. Other ideas I have, is that technicians can do some repairings to the base after an assault (10 Percent of the total HP, for example), this to make the final stage of the battle more intense.
This is a great Map/Mode idea!

#176 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 08:27 PM

I have a great Idea!

How about a Minecraft style map_

Posted Image

#177 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 19 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostSandSpider, on September 14 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

I've thought of a new map and a  way the dev's could introduce some new mechs and weapons.

Here's the scenario, a large under ground storage facility is discovered in the Crion sub continent. It is, as yet, untouched by the virus. It contains hundreds of Crion mechs, something that we haven't seen in the game yet. It also contains a large stockpile of new weapons, should the Dev's wish to introduce such things.

Above ground could be a virus infested landscape, while below ground could be a pristine abandoned base. I was thinking of some kind of thing that is made up of large interconnecting hangers. Military in appearance, with large corridors leading to the surface. It could be used for all game modes.

As for the new mechs, I was thinking of two from each class. Six new mechs in total, designed in a style we've not seen yet. Maybe designed around the mech below. This is an old design for the game that was dropped. It is visually unique.

Posted Image

View PostSpliff_Craven, on October 26 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

I heard about a good idea "Labyrinth mode" I'm intrigued by it
these two together, the labyrinth would be underground, it would also make a good CO-OP map :D
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#178 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 01:10 PM

A disco level with mechs in Psychodelic skins!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a mech with a camo patter that does this:

Posted Image

Edited by Spliff_Craven, November 20 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#179 Nosferotica

Nosferotica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted November 22 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postrobotokom, on January 11 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

"mobile objective points (like convoys)" yes or a train! mech needs to be on  the train for it to move! one mech from each team on the train and train no move! only one team on train train move! FUN!

So, like Team Fortress 2 then :)

#180 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted November 26 2013 - 08:54 AM

Getting bored with regular Hawken_ Need a new mode_ Try the following suggestions:

Duelling Server:

1) Find an unoccupied Deathmatch server {Not TDM}
2) Invite friends
3) Duel

If there's a random that surfs in explain that this is a "duelling" server by consensus and invite them to join. If there is any interference there will be a retaliation focus fire event.
Although it is a Deathmatch, there is no rule in Deathmatch you can't partner up with people or have "teams". then it become a DM with "friendly fire" and you can have as many "teammates" as you want ;)

TDM Friendly Fire:

As above but no duelling. Pick your team and don't shoot them. This gets challenging with a full 6 man team. But it gets hella fun.

Rabbit Server:

Every one hunts the top scorer.
When there is a new top scorer than they become the "rabbit".
The rabbit can kill anyone. But the rest of the team can only hunt the rabbit.
Friendly damage is discouraged.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Community, Game, Forum, Project, Review

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users