HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Credits.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Hawken Credits. (241 member(s) have cast votes)

Should everything be available to buy with Hawken Credits_

1. Yes. (112 votes [43.92%])

Percentage of vote: 43.92%

2. Only Mech chassis parts. (39 votes [15.29%])

Percentage of vote: 15.29%

3. No. (104 votes [40.78%])

Percentage of vote: 40.78%

Do you want a HC to MC converter_

1. Yes. (77 votes [30.31%])

Percentage of vote: 30.31%

2. Only if the ratio is balanced enough. (81 votes [31.89%])

Percentage of vote: 31.89%

3. No. (96 votes [37.80%])

Percentage of vote: 37.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted January 19 2013 - 07:14 AM

As much as I'd like to get everything for free, it's not gonna bloody well work if the game comes crashing down as a consequence. Or if my screen is filled with ad popups all day.

#22 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted January 21 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostDreizehn, on January 19 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

As much as I'd like to get everything for free, it's not gonna bloody well work if the game comes crashing down as a consequence. Or if my screen is filled with ad popups all day.

This is the corporate future, I am actually surprised by the lack of advertisements.

Posted Image

#23 Black Hawk

Black Hawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:17 AM

In my opinion, Hawken should do what World of Tanks, League of Legends etc. did: Have special credits available through pay, and in-game credits obtained by playing. Both can buy the same things, however the pay credits can buy stuff at a lower price.
A credit converter is not needed, but would be nice, if they made cosmetics available to MC only.

#24 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted January 28 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostBlack Hawk, on January 26 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

In my opinion, Hawken should do what World of Tanks, League of Legends etc. did: Have special credits available through pay, and in-game credits obtained by playing. Both can buy the same things, however the pay credits can buy stuff at a lower price.
A credit converter is not needed, but would be nice, if they made cosmetics available to MC only.
Umm, this is already the case.

Cosmetics are the only thing that you have to use MC with.  Everything else can be bought with HC or MC, and the MC cost is less than the HC cost.

From my earlier post in this thread: http://community.pla...ts/#entry174229

hc-mc.png

What the OP was talking about was allowing everything to be bought with HC, which then turned into mentioning a converter from HC to MC.

Edited by bacon_avenger, January 28 2013 - 02:11 AM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#25 mantisftw

mantisftw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, FL

Posted January 28 2013 - 02:27 AM

I like the current system the way it is. I have over 100K of HC just cause I don't buy anything ever. I did get some MC for skins on my first 4 mechs and I'll probably get some more later on in the game for other mechs that I enjoy piloting.

I know it will probably never happen again but i would enjoy some packs like they did with the vanguard. It'd be well worth it to bundle things, like if you bought a mech with MC you'd get a skin and a repair drone of your choice with it. Of course they cost should reflect accordingly. You're not paying to win you're paying to look cool while winning xD

Posted Image

#26 necroq

necroq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted January 28 2013 - 03:08 AM

server cost a lot, forum traffic, support and new content cost a lot too. people waste money on garbage products like diablo3, wow etc. to much money. i waste 150+ euro per month on poison like cigarettes. no way cosmetic in hawken should be free.
if u like this game and want to see it better and alive u would spend money. this is respect for developers work.

Posted Image

#27 XIN666

XIN666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 12:41 PM

As in other F2P games, that are thriving on their current models, MC should be reserved for cosmetic and service upgrades. Having weapon and mech upgrades solely available through MC would create a pay to win scenario, which is usually a good way to shorten the life of a game in this genre. (No one but trolls want a gank fest) A HC to MC converter would give the dedicated freebie player a chance to participate, but would have to be a fairly high conversion ratio in order to maintain revenue.
     Having services such as; clan creation, clan uniform/insignia, cosmetic parts, name changes, additional mech slots, and respecs available only through MC would provide a solid revenue stream, while maintaining a level field for core game play.
     Though it would be nice to have the standard colour customization expand to allow a full repaint. (The current colour change is barely perceptible as is, basically changing only a pin stripe in small locations on the base texture.)  I would be more then happy to pay good cash for the ability to trick out  a mech in WW2 bomber style, or whatever floats your boat.

#28 curlupanddie

curlupanddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSlaughterfest, USA

Posted March 21 2013 - 03:20 PM

OP's post and those who like it come from the perspective of people that don't realize folks make games FOR A LIVING. Buy $10+ worth of meteor credits, feel all warm and fuzzy in your cute mech and support the game instead of asking for more free than they have already given you.

#29 Alastor_Crow

Alastor_Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted March 21 2013 - 03:42 PM

No / No. Everyone's gotta eat and the game won't last long if everyone just wants to freeload.

Posted Image

#30 Manoloco

Manoloco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted March 21 2013 - 08:01 PM

No / No

#31 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted March 27 2013 - 07:56 AM

No and no for the reasons listed. Hawken strikes a great balance. You can unlock all gameplay-affecting components and the prices are very reasonable. It doesn't take a ridiculous amount of playtime to unlock anything. Any P2W advantage is both small and short-lived.

Charging for vanity options is totally fine. The devs need to make money and that's the best way to do it outside of banking on charity. While you might not like it, consider how much enjoyment you're getting out of the game and think about what that's worth to you. There are many games I've bought for $40-$60 that I've played less and enjoyed less than Hawken.

#32 Meowkittytaco

Meowkittytaco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 30 2013 - 06:25 AM

:/

Edited by Meowkittytaco, April 30 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#33 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted April 30 2013 - 06:38 AM

The current system does not bother me at all.  If anything, I want more stuff to buy with MC.  I don't find chassis parts to be compelling enough.

One thing I would actually like to see require MC: ranked play registration.  Competitve games are most often paid games and not F2P, and I think that helps keep the troll numbers down to manageable levels.  Paying money also has a psychological effect on people in that the value attributed to a product increases when you have to pay for it.  I would like more stats, more server stability, better matchmaking, etc. in ranked matches, so I'm willing to pay something for those extra features.  Maybe something like a 1000 MC registration fee would be fair.  I've paid more than that (1000MC ~= 7 USD) just for little casual games...

Posted Image

#34 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted October 14 2013 - 07:14 AM

I feel that I want HC to MC converter (with a high exchange rate), but reason tells me that this should not be a F2P game, or else the developers will get his money_ =)
Me enough that all of i need in the game is purchased in-game currency HC, so let it remain

it's better to add more payment methods like "webmoney", "easy-pay" etc. I live in Belarus, and on the payment page I only see the inscription: "We're sorry. Payments from BY are not currently being supported. Please check back again later."
(q_q)

Edited by nepacaka, October 14 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#35 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 15 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostAkrium, on January 13 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

I voted no because it is a f2p game and it needs an income to stay alive.

Now do I hope they allow me to convert HC into MP, yes. I figure the ratio will be huge, but I'd still do it.
Or atleast for the feature for exp transfer!
Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users