HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Mech Available: Raider

Game News Patch

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostThe_Eldritch_Abomination, on March 06 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

I get the feeling that the Raider is going to be hit with so many nerf bats after this...
This was my first thought after just a couple rounds with it. This thing feels stupid powerful, and it's so much fun. :lol:

This has replaced my Infiltrator as my favorite mech of the moment.

#62 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 06:27 PM

Give it a bit.  I'm sure people will eventually learn the counters for its capabilities.  3 new weapons and a new activated ability takes some new thinking to counteract.  :P

#63 MasterFALE

MasterFALE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on March 07 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

SEEKER ISN'T BAD WHY DOES NO ONE SEE THIS

I love the Seeker. Maybe cause my aim is lazy.
Posted ImageReaper(25), Scout(15), Infiltrator(6), Technician(11), Bruiser(25), CRT(15), SharpShooter(12), Rocketeer(18), Grenadier(12), Brawler(6)

#64 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostMasterFALE, on March 10 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Its not even that, its the fact that its a great (arguably the best) sustain weapon. It hits decently hard, and the seeking aspect makes sure it gets all of the possible dps out of it.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#65 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostPlagueDoctor, on March 10 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostMasterFALE, on March 10 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Its not even that, its the fact that its a great (arguably the best) sustain weapon. It hits decently hard, and the seeking aspect makes sure it gets all of the possible dps out of it.
I think the fact that it seeks gets people into a one-track mindset, so they start to try to use in only in "seeking" capacity, and forget to make use of dumbfiring it.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#66 Manes

Manes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationThe 757 In VA

Posted March 18 2013 - 02:11 PM

Keiichi81, on March 05 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Anyone else feel like the RAIDER sounds a bit OP_ Increased movement speed + can fire while boosting + a special weapon that sounds like the best parts of the TOW and Grenade Launcher fused into one_ It's like, where is the downside here_
Can't take a hit
Apuleius says, indeed, that the souls of men are demons, and that men become Lares if they are good, Lemures or Larvae if they are bad, and Manes if it is uncertain whether they deserve well or ill - City of God, Book IX, Chapter 11

#67 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted March 18 2013 - 02:44 PM

almost 2 weeks have passed -_-

#68 The8BitFox

The8BitFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 31 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostSilentJacket, on March 05 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

variable fire selection will allow for huge combat adaptability

I find that it takes to long for the transition between modes, and also the second mode doesn't do any more damage than the default position it seems, but cannot reach as far, if you are remotely capable of aiming, then there's no need to change modes.

I think that it was a decent idea, but is overused by inexperienced players, who are then disappointed when their secondary doesn't do any damage because they left it in mode 2.

And all the experienced players don't seem to switch at all I've found. Simply because they have a functioning secondary at all times, and don't get caught whilst changing modes.

Changing modes makes a distinct sound that I look out for as a Scout, and I manage to catch many Raiders off guard as they are stuck in the transition. They then try to EMP me and miss, as I dodged out of the way, and EMP both the ground and themselves.
I then finish off the job.

Someone said something about Scouts dying_

Posted Image

I'll see you on the battlefield. You won't see me.

#69 TheLostVikings

TheLostVikings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted March 31 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostThe8BitFox, on March 31 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

I find that it takes to long for the transition between modes, and also the second mode doesn't do any more damage than the default position it seems, but cannot reach as far, if you are remotely capable of aiming, then there's no need to change modes.

And all the experienced players don't seem to switch at all I've found. Simply because they have a functioning secondary at all times, and don't get caught whilst changing modes.

Notice that you can change modes while its reloading, or when your are boosting without having blitz active. Since you cannot shoot during those times anyway you are basically getting "free" mode changes with no downsides. You can even switch modes while repairing!

So you can lob a 175dmg grenade at someone from medium range, then switch to the 240(!!!) dmg MIRV mode as you close the gap.

Edited by TheLostVikings, March 31 2013 - 09:34 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, News, Patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users