HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Analyzing the Raider Patch

Community Beta News Patch Video

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#201 flimsy

flimsy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostRentAKnight, on March 08 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 08 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

View PostRentAKnight, on March 08 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

lol pub stomp much_  they introduced MMR servers so that you wouldn't do this.
Be honest bro.
If you have a rating of >1600, it's incredibly hard to find a server where you'll get an even match, even during most of the prime hours I've only seen 1 or 2 servers listed at >1700. The population just doesn't support it at the moment. Pubstomping is inevitable.

And that also highlights the reason I've been saying "Join on Friend" needs to go. It completely messes with the rating you can get.

I had this problem about an hour ago.  You know what I did.  I joined an empty server and invited everyone on my friends list into it.  Took about 10 minutes but after some folks joined we had a 1800+ avg MA going.

Now If no friends are online I can see where you are going to have trouble.  Is this a good enough excuse to go and ruin the fun of everyone else_

Imagine where an NBA player constantly crashes your pickup bball game, hogs the ball and dunks on you every play.  You probably would ask the NBA player to leave...

IMO a select few servers should have super STRICT MMR restrictions.  1600 and below only 1600-1800 only and 1800 and above ONLY.

New players could hide in their new player servers,  veterens could be shielded from the new/incompetent players.

I agree that MMR should be more restrictive, but I don't personally have enough friends to create my own games. Most of the time, the only open game I can join is me and 11 people who end up pretty angry at me.

#202 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted March 08 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostTheEliteSlayer, on March 08 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

View PostXuande, on March 08 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Oh here's one thing I HATE with this update. Why the frak was it necessary to stop the deployment of items while boosting_! That has severely hampered my tactics and caused my death in certain tactical situations. Also my items don't auto switch even with the box checked in the settings. This is really frustrating..

I think that happened during Reaper update. At least when I was playing mine I was not able to deply them while boosting.

This did not happen in the Reaper update from my end nor was it in the Reaper Update notes. It is however in the Raider notes. So it was deliberate. I'm not seeing why it was even an issue to deploy items while boosting. I have yet to see one thread on "anyone" complaining about this being an issue.
Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#203 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 11:41 AM

Kiwi should explain how he (and a few others) think when it comes to balancing mechs and weapons. We'll call it "The Alphabet of Balance."

Here are four to get ya going.

Another weapon being better does not stop other things from being OP
Bear in mind that differing skill levels should not be factored into balancing kit
Caution should be used at making something too good at its job.
Double teams and the like should not be a counter to one man.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer, March 08 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#204 chrissphinx

chrissphinx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 01:03 PM

airburst MIRVs do dickton of damage, pair it up with the EOC and it's pretty broke

should really be addressed imo and I'm saying this from piloting it not getting faceraped by it

Edited by chrissphinx, March 08 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#205 Loveundermytail

Loveundermytail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 01:59 PM

The worst and best part of the gaming industry is that the fans who whine the most and loudest will get heard and will be catered to. They have the power to make or break games.

#206 Mechsupport

Mechsupport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 03:11 PM

I don't understand where all the animosity in this thread came from.  I have to assume AJK et al. are massive douchebags in game or something.

I'd like to reiterate my request for video of someone playing well with a non-burst mech this week.

#207 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted March 08 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostXuande, on March 08 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

View PostTheEliteSlayer, on March 08 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

View PostXuande, on March 08 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Oh here's one thing I HATE with this update. Why the frak was it necessary to stop the deployment of items while boosting_! That has severely hampered my tactics and caused my death in certain tactical situations. Also my items don't auto switch even with the box checked in the settings. This is really frustrating..

I think that happened during Reaper update. At least when I was playing mine I was not able to deply them while boosting.

This did not happen in the Reaper update from my end nor was it in the Reaper Update notes. It is however in the Raider notes. So it was deliberate. I'm not seeing why it was even an issue to deploy items while boosting. I have yet to see one thread on "anyone" complaining about this being an issue.

I believe they got confused with the change in the reaper update to not be albe to drop items during repair.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#208 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostRentAKnight, on March 08 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on March 08 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

View PostRentAKnight, on March 08 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

lol pub stomp much_  they introduced MMR servers so that you wouldn't do this.
Be honest bro.
If you have a rating of >1600, it's incredibly hard to find a server where you'll get an even match, even during most of the prime hours I've only seen 1 or 2 servers listed at >1700. The population just doesn't support it at the moment. Pubstomping is inevitable.

And that also highlights the reason I've been saying "Join on Friend" needs to go. It completely messes with the rating you can get.

I had this problem about an hour ago.  You know what I did.  I joined an empty server and invited everyone on my friends list into it.  Took about 10 minutes but after some folks joined we had a 1800+ avg MA going.

Now If no friends are online I can see where you are going to have trouble.  Is this a good enough excuse to go and ruin the fun of everyone else_

Imagine where an NBA player constantly crashes your pickup bball game, hogs the ball and dunks on you every play.  You probably would ask the NBA player to leave...

IMO a select few servers should have super STRICT MMR restrictions.  1600 and below only 1600-1800 only and 1800 and above ONLY.

New players could hide in their new player servers,  veterens could be shielded from the new/incompetent players.

I agree... we need at least a couple "noob" servers with a MMR cutoff.  Give them a protected server to learn the game on.

As for "join on friend" needing to go... hell no.  What FPS game in ever has ever not allowed friends to play with each other_  That right there would eliminate any reason to play the game.  While its a fun game, it's all about playing with friends.  If you take away the ability for friends to find each others games, you take away any reason to play.

#209 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostMechsupport, on March 08 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

I don't understand where all the animosity in this thread came from.  I have to assume AJK et al. are massive douchebags in game or something.

We doesn't put it in the nicest term, but we are not very antagonistic (at least not usually). Kiwi can, however, go grab the ever-so-polite responses to Kiwi posting what damage alpha striking can do.

#210 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostTheChaffeemancer, on March 08 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

We doesn't put it in the nicest term, but we are not very antagonistic (at least not usually). Kiwi can, however, go grab the ever-so-polite responses to Kiwi posting what damage alpha striking can do.

And what you will note in those numbers is not that the mirv is the main culprit to the damage bursts.

The EOC is...

ppl are blaming the mirv because it is new.

I could say that ice cream causes crime because as the sales of it goes up so does crime. And it is absolutely true. But it is quite obvious they are not connected directly but indirectly. There is something else causing the issue that they both relate to. And in this case it is the weather. As it gets warmer out more people eat ice cream and more people go out and commit crimes. Just because you are seeing a lot of raiders using the mirv and a lot of people dying fast doesn't mean it is the mirv. It is a factor of many things.

Top Burst Mechs (in no order):
The eoc infiltrator, the eoc rocketeer, the eoc raider, the eoc grenadier and the SS are the top burst mechs. People need to see where the real issue lies.

Toss on a Det (which should do less dmg, say 100-120) and things go pop.

The EOC as a primary on a full charge does 210 damage as a laser at long range.
The KLA-Mirv does 240 dmg up to 90 meters... that isn't that far away and is far from being a laser. It is a shotgun of explosives that can damage yourself if you shoot someone too close.

That's right.. the EOC out damages every secondary in the game except the new mirv which is limited on how it dishes out it's damage. Unlike the EOC.

People are going to say because the EOC takes skill it is fine. But hitting a C class is about as skill full as going rabbit hunting with a tactical nuke with the EOC. Good luck missing...

Edited by Akrium, March 08 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#211 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostAkrium, on March 08 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostTheChaffeemancer, on March 08 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

And what you will note in those numbers is not that the mirv is the main culprit to the damage bursts.

The EOC is...

Doing 50 extra damage then the closest equivalent (Hellfires) is still pretty big, but if you want to ignore that, that's cool too.

#212 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:10 PM

EOC, in my opinion, should not be on this chassis. Nefre EOC in terms of Raider, hurt Rocketeer and Infiltrator.

The third option for the Raider, it should be automatic weapons, for a short distance, with good damage, fast heating, something like uzi.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#213 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostKaszaWspraju, on March 08 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

EOC, in my opinion, should not be on this chassis. Nefre EOC in terms of Raider, hurt Rocketeer and Infiltrator.

The third option for the Raider, it should be automatic weapons, for a short distance, with good damage, fast heating, something like uzi.

Vulcan_ Ahahahahaha.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#214 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostSylhiri, on March 08 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Vulcan_ Ahahahahaha.

That would actually be kind of funny combined with Blitz.

#215 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think the Raider is in a good spot, yeah MIRV hurts, but if you miss one, you probably just lost the 1 vs 1 entirely.  Compared to Using TOW or GL, where I can almost guarantee a hit every time it is up,  I have be be careful with my Mirv, and I cannot necessarily fire it every time the CD is up, most of the times I have to hold it for their dodge, this make is less effective DPs than a TOW.  Also, Tow and Grenade launcher can hit multiple people with it's splash (less than before, but still you can hit 2 or 3 clumped mechs, the Mirv cannot do this) Leave raider alone for now let's see how ti plays out when less people re using them.

You want to talk alpha strikes_  How HEAT+ Tow/GL + det are much more effective than mirv because of the splash.

So, we have no splash in place of that it does more damage, and has a lower rate of fire, seems fair to me...

#216 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostSylhiri, on March 08 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Vulcan_ Ahahahahaha.

Shorter range - max 70-80m, faster heat up, a similar damage.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#217 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostAkrium, on March 08 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

ppl are blaming the mirv because it is new.
No, people are blaming the MIRV because it does 60 damage more than the TOW, which contributes to an overall score of too damned high
Again, charged bolt+MIRV = 1 damage less than power shot's initial burst
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#218 Guest_waftycrank_*

Guest_waftycrank_*
  • Guests

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:37 PM

Left of field: Why is EOC so strong and still Primary_  That not the job of Secondaries_

#219 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Postwaftycrank, on March 08 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Left of field: Why is EOC so strong and still Primary_  That not the job of Secondaries_

It was hard as hell to hit with so they made it do lodsa damage to compensate for this. Then nobody still used it that much so they made it easier to hit with, now people are hitting for cray-cray damage.

#220 Mechsupport

Mechsupport

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Postwaftycrank, on March 08 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

The made it like it is for people who play left handed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Beta, News, Patch, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users