HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A rant against the HAB.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

#41 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:02 AM

We could just let them push out flawed patches and proceed to take months to fix them.

Or they could be smart and have some people work the major kinks out even before allowing it to go to the public, so the public isn't scared off by lack of important updates to fix balance and major bug issues, as we are seeing now from their months of not having a HAB...

#42 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostHotDog, on July 30 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Got a treat for ya...

Don't ask from were Ive got that - Internet is a great thing. ;)

To Protect the user that did not did this action in purpose Ive edited the pic. So don't be mad! Was an accident and a little reflex involved... ;)

-snip-

I would suggest you take this down immediately. There are likely to be some serious repercussions for such a breach of NDA.

Posted Image

#43 HotDog

HotDog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:11 AM

Im not under any NDA! Have not signed for anything - That means Nope!

Sry Leonhardt but the ppl need to know...

Posted Image

#44 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostHotDog, on July 30 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Im not under any NDA! Have not signed for anything - That means Nope!

Sry Leonhardt but the ppl need to know...

In case you didn't know posting on these forums means you are subject to the rules set forth in the forum rules and guidelines. What this means is whether or not you are personally breaching NDA doesn't mean there won't be repercussions.

I am trying to help you, not hurt you bud.

Posted Image

#45 HotDog

HotDog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:19 AM

And IF - Ive read the rules - I do this for the PPL not for me I could have sold this pic in a better quality but i did not... The Community deserves this. ;) Epic nice View!

I know what you try to do and ill understand you in full. But understand me too... I hate to wait for another 2 Months or with no ETA at hand.. This helps me or the others to keep a steady mind that everything is going well... HAB-ADH-MTR all doing a great job... keep it up.. and Communicate

Posted Image

#46 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:20 AM

I think Leon is right, there are reasons why you don't find much pics like these.

EDIT: But I really like how you think, I'm on your side, FCK DAT NSA, ACTA and secret information flow, we want to know! :D

Edited by FakeName, July 30 2013 - 07:21 AM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#47 onehourleft

onehourleft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:20 AM

Interesting pic, HotDog

Edited by onehourleft, July 30 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#48 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:22 AM

id listen to leon, they are already watching us >_>
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#49 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:23 AM

also the amount of people reading this right now scares me
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#50 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:24 AM

Moderator01 is here! Everybody hide! :o

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#51 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:26 AM

oh shi- *hides in leaf i was chewing*

#52 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:33 AM

Got a treat for ya...

To Protect the user that did not did this action in purpose Ive edited the pic. So don't be mad! Was an accident and a little reflex involved... ;)

Here you go:

Attachment hab.jpg

Enjoy your temporary ban.

Get your hard on.

#53 alpha78

alpha78

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:38 AM

I have zero interest in HAB as well.  Would also turn down an invite.  I have't played much in the last month due to work etc.  I beta test 3d Studio Max and it's actually no fun.  Occasionally autodesk will send out amazon gift cards etc to beta testers but otherwise it's a thankless job.  One that takes a lot of time.

That said, I think it's somewhat silly that ADH/MET setup HAB now.  Importance on "now" because the game is still in beta.  We all expect problems in a beta game.  Also, it's not like there is a direct competitor for the game to have ideas stolen etc.  Autodesk makes us sign an NDA because they have competitors and a lot of what we test is several releases down the road stuff that could seriously hurt them as a company.  As I said before, the only thing that could happen by releasing information on the upcoming patch would be that some players get upset because things they saw in previews never make it to the game.  

The most laughable part of that is this is a F2P!  It's not like people are not going to buy it because of some broken mechanic they see in an update preview or a screenshot of something that never sees the light of day.  People will download hawken and play it and judge for themselves whether they want to put money into it.  I seriously don't understand how showing previews of an update would stop people from spending money in game.

I would wager that this "perceived segregation" is causing more harm to the community than showing broken content ever could.  Everybody understands it's still beta and things will be broken.

I think rather than startup HAB now (I think it should've been started when the game goes live) they should have shown in house video and screenshots of the "possible" update content.  That would've kept everyone interested and prevented these kinds of threads.  I think the problem is they're trying to rush to get the game out of beta and if they would have launched the patch and then watched public feedback and made corrections on the same timeframe path they've been doing it would push the launch out even further.  It seems to me like they're trying to fast track a launch.  Probably due to investors push.

As much as I want to say; "hang in there, the update will be cool and all will be well again soon", I understand why there are threads like this and people are upset.

Edit> Rather than bump this thread I'm just adding to my post.

Something I haven't seen anyone mention is that the HAB crew are getting a (however long HAB lasts until the update) advantage over the rest of the community.  So when it launches, I assume they'll be out flogging the uninitiated and bumping their xp.  That probably has a lot ot do with some of the rage toward HAB.  I have a feeling HAB might create a bigger divide through the community.  I hope no HAB players are allowed in any of the "newb" server matches for at least a few months.

Edited by alpha78, July 30 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#54 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:40 AM

happy music to lighten everyone's mood

good everyone's watching now to unleash- *watches video*

Edited by ropefish, July 30 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#55 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted July 30 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostXiTiX, on July 30 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

View PostRoundlay, on July 30 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

View PostXiTiX, on July 30 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

This type of testing is quite common, seriously please grow up and deal with it - it is only good for the game.
For one person who is capable of handling content at various level of completion there will be ten who will say the game is fuzzy bunny and leave.

Not intending to be picky or combative at all here, but can you offer up some the games that've made use of similar player inclusive testing_ Am interested to see how this' been handled in the past.
World of tanks would be a good example - they call it supertest. Supertest has been around since 2011 as far as I know (maybe earlier). Off course the european version of it got scrapped due to leaks, but the russian is still running.

Indeed World of tanks is one of the games. I was in the very first wave of Supertesters for the NA supertest group. I was let go after that patch but I ended up being brought back because I was a moderator for the game and they needed moderators in the ST forums to keep tabs on any leaks in the Live forums. I also know that the NA and EU groups were shut down so that they could restructure it more and that now it is a requirement that you speak Russian because it made it difficult to test with the larger Russian group if you couldnt understand what they were saying for instructions.

I will say this for what the NA group did in Supertest the first wave which was nail bugs and write reports all the time and then retest and duplicate continuously.

#56 onehourleft

onehourleft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 08:04 AM

Here you go:

hab.jpg

Could the pic be fan art like erathic's concepts below_

View Posterathic, on May 01 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Default garage panel, nothing much than the current one :

Posted Image

Classic mech customization panel :

Posted Image

Statistic tab enabled :

Posted Image

Advanced stats tabs dropdown : (still looks awefull, but in progress.)

Posted Image

EDIT: I guess not, the pic was removed.

Edited by onehourleft, July 30 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#57 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted July 30 2013 - 08:06 AM

I will probably regret getting into this discussion, but one can't resist. :D

I voiced most of this on the last EU Cockpit show, but here it is for everyone.

The HAB is a knockoff of many other games where they have test clients and servers which allow them to iron out bugs, make sure things work well, nothing is game-breaking etc, OR they have test clients and servers where the new content is literally tested and decided to be put in the game or not.

Now, if HAB is the prior, then I have absolutely no problems with it. If its an advanced form of testing the facility map kind of thing, then by all means go ahead and do it. A dedicated group of gamer like the ones I believe were invited into the HAB will iron out those bugs tirelessly and make sure this game works and functions. There are too many people on the forums complaining on bugs and so on and a lack of new content. If this HAB eliminates bugs, and therefore allows the content to come out faster, then by all means, you have my blessing.

BUT, if the HAB is the latter, and I fear that it is, then Hawken is going down a road they do not want to go down. If they are giving this group of the big people in the community, the die-hard players, and so on, access to how the game should be made, what they think of the content, what they think is right and wrong, and not to anyone else they then are going to make a game that's not going to prosper. This game is a beta, and though some don't seem to understand that, most do, and the good thing about a beta is that EVERYONE tests the content, gives their thoughts and onions, and so on to allow Hawken to be a game that appeals to more than a select few. You NEVER EVER want to get rid of an opinion in beta, that's always detrimental. You don't have to listen and implement them all, but you should allow yourself to receive them all. And unfortunately the exact opposite seems to be being done. And that does not bode well for the coming months of this game.

A HAB like the latter should be for a game already out, that's is established, and is now making a playground to test new ideas and content that may never even see the light of day, not a game that isn't even near that yet.

Not to mention that it seems only the NA side is getting into the HAB anyway, though I may be wrong on that count.

Just my two cents though gents...

Edited by Seron16, July 30 2013 - 08:09 AM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

#58 onehourleft

onehourleft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 08:09 AM

Personally I like a bit more info and clutter.  I hope the HAB testers pick the orange UI ;)

View Posterathic, on May 01 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

V1 "classic UI"

Posted Image
Posted Image
v2 : holographic UI

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted July 30 2013 - 08:10 AM

Man, those are pretty. :)
Posted Image
Spoiler

#60 onehourleft

onehourleft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted July 30 2013 - 08:22 AM

Got a treat for ya...

Here you go:

hab.jpg

Over 100 pic downloads!  "Hotdogs! Get'em while they'er HOT!"

Edited by onehourleft, July 30 2013 - 08:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users