HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN Wreckage 3v3 Tournament may 17th @ 1 p.m. PST

Announcement Contest Event Game

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#41 TheEliteSlayer

TheEliteSlayer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted October 04 2013 - 12:53 PM

With 3v3, it should be limited to 1 A class, 1 B class and 1 C class per team. If not you might at well rename this to "Scout, Infil and Raider Tourney." (Say this because these mechs seem to make it into matches at a higher rate than others)

Kudos to the Hawken team for pitching in. We might get a comp scene going on after all :P

#42 NegativeD

NegativeD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted October 04 2013 - 02:01 PM

The vanguard is definitely interested, we just gotta talk about the team set up to see who will be playing.
Posted Image

#43 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted October 04 2013 - 06:23 PM

Caution: this message will be my infamous off-green, you have been warned.

I'd like to commentate as a spectator.

Edited by Pirits, October 04 2013 - 06:23 PM.

"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#44 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 05 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostTheEliteSlayer, on October 04 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

With 3v3, it should be limited to 1 A class, 1 B class and 1 C class per team. If not you might at well rename this to "Scout, Infil and Raider Tourney." (Say this because these mechs seem to make it into matches at a higher rate than others)

Kudos to the Hawken team for pitching in. We might get a comp scene going on after all :P
Teams tend to gravitate toward this anyway, with the 'one mech of each class' limit.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#45 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted October 05 2013 - 11:10 AM

removed

Edited by Slide2Die, October 12 2013 - 10:30 AM.

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#46 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted October 05 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostTheEliteSlayer, on October 04 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

The only reason its limited to 1 of each mech is for balance reasons. Theres no need to limit outside of that unless theres ban rotations and theres not enough mechs atm to do so it would lead to stale gameplay.
Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#47 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted October 05 2013 - 03:05 PM

Are prizes awared to first through third place or just to first place_

#48 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted October 05 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostNegativeD, on October 04 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

The vanguard is definitely interested, we just gotta talk about the team set up to see who will be playing.

Already in the works!

Posted Image

#49 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted October 05 2013 - 04:16 PM

I started a looking for players/team thread in the Clan Hall section: here

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#50 TunsOfFun

TunsOfFun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUP NORTH!

Posted October 06 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostExeon, on October 05 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

I started a looking for players/team thread in the Clan Hall section: here

good idea!
www.twitch.tv/tunsoffun

#51 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted October 06 2013 - 11:54 PM

Team name - Ketchup Hands
Team members - FuryMonster, Xacius, MexichanMan

Edited by FuryMonster, October 06 2013 - 11:55 PM.

Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#52 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 07 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on October 04 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostExeon, on October 04 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostSlide2Die, on October 04 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

wtf is going on_ just 3_ i hope a 6 vs 6. 3 vs 3 is ....

3v3 Allows for far more teams while still keeping the team aspect very relevant. I don't think I'll ever run a 6v6 tournament, it just makes games too zergy. If there are every 6 players in one area someone can die instantly from 6 well placed secondaries.(6*150 = 900 damage, thats any A or B mech deleted)
Given what we experienced during the Post Apocalyptic tourny, I'm guessing comp team sizes should never exceed 5 players per team.
Not only because of how spammy and zergy it gets, but also due to accessibility. It's much easier to find and organize for smaller teams.

you mean back when the game explosions could almost hit people through walls and had little to no fall off dmg_ and the emp could cover an entire point...

gotta say the game is different than it was then. 6v6 is perfectly viable. Also a lot of the spam was because half the ppl could barely play due to horrible lag on the private server on top of the very big reason that explosives were OP as fuzzy bunny then.

Personally I don't see the point of banning the emp 3, only because it would help show the devs why it is bad. They may understand more why we hate it if it is allowed than if it is not allowed. And maybe it isn't as OP as you guys are saying it is.. it may not be the best item in the tourny to use. And don't get me wrong, I'd love to the see the emp go away totally from the game.

Also why bother counting suicides after 10 seconds_ I understand it annoys ppl that someone can run away and then suicide, but that is part of the game as well and it isn't something ridiculously broken like countermeasures. Did you get the kill_ yes/no. Did his team peel for him to get away_ Did you over commit on something you shouldn't have_ I don't feel pity for people that do whine about this aspect of the game. And it makes it that much more annoying to referee the game because you now have to count things that are outside the game parameters. What was the score again_ or yeah add X to their score because Y suicided X times. Did we catch all the times he did it_ Did we miss someone else doing it_

other than that.. hope the tourny goes well. and best of luck to the teams.

#53 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted October 07 2013 - 12:48 AM

The rule is in place to stop teams from changing out mechs when they've achieved a lead and want a more favorable defensive composition.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#54 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted October 07 2013 - 04:08 AM

Suicides should count regardless of the timer.  Most (TDM/DM) games have suicides subtract from the team's overall score.

As for the 6v6, I agree that it's viable.  Not sure how I feel about the emp.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#55 Mobstarr

Mobstarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 07 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostFuryMonster, on October 06 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Team name - Ketchup Hands

I see what you did there! :D

#56 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 07 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostAkrium, on October 07 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on October 04 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostExeon, on October 04 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostSlide2Die, on October 04 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

wtf is going on_ just 3_ i hope a 6 vs 6. 3 vs 3 is ....

3v3 Allows for far more teams while still keeping the team aspect very relevant. I don't think I'll ever run a 6v6 tournament, it just makes games too zergy. If there are every 6 players in one area someone can die instantly from 6 well placed secondaries.(6*150 = 900 damage, thats any A or B mech deleted)
Given what we experienced during the Post Apocalyptic tourny, I'm guessing comp team sizes should never exceed 5 players per team.
Not only because of how spammy and zergy it gets, but also due to accessibility. It's much easier to find and organize for smaller teams.
you mean back when the game explosions could almost hit people through walls and had little to no fall off dmg_ and the emp could cover an entire point...

gotta say the game is different than it was then. 6v6 is perfectly viable. Also a lot of the spam was because half the ppl could barely play due to horrible lag on the private server on top of the very big reason that explosives were OP as fuzzy bunny then.
Remember, 6v6 isn't just about the weapons, but how crowded the map gets.

Just because the weapons have reduced AOEs, doesn't mean that the interactions of 12 mechs on a map is all that great.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#57 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted October 07 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostKejiGoto, on October 05 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Already in the works!

We could and should probably do two teams...  Why settle for 1 medal when you can get 2_  :D
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#58 NegativeD

NegativeD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted October 07 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostThirdEyE, on October 07 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

View PostKejiGoto, on October 05 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Already in the works!

We could and should probably do two teams...  Why settle for 1 medal when you can get 2_  :D

If i can get back to the United states before the tourney starts then yes 2 teams is possible :P
Posted Image

#59 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted October 07 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostNept, on October 07 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Not sure how I feel about the emp.

EMP AoE cannot be dodged by a C class and a little bit of luck is required on a B. Sorry, but thats just too huge in my opinion. Far too easy for such a large effect. I think if there is going to be such a large shut down time it should have to land directly.

Posted Image

#60 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted October 07 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on October 07 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

View PostNept, on October 07 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Not sure how I feel about the emp.

EMP AoE cannot be dodged by a C class and a little bit of luck is required on a B. Sorry, but thats just too huge in my opinion. Far too easy for such a large effect. I think if there is going to be such a large shut down time it should have to land directly.

I'm not a fan of the EMP in any respect. But since it doesn't seem like its going away anytime soon, feathering its effect sounds like a better option. The further out from the blast you are, the shorter the shutdown duration.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Contest, Event, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users