HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Brawler (devs, pls! fix this "texture")

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted November 06 2013 - 03:24 PM

oh, thats why he is so slow

- lok'tar ogar -

#22 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted November 06 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Postm3talc0re, on November 06 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

The one that drives me nuts is the "fuel tank" looking section on the back of the Reaper. Ugh... Omg... just f'ing fix that s*** already...

You mean the part where the booster mounting boxes stick up through the top of it_ Yeah that has really bugged me since they introduced the Spree Chassis.

Same with how the same boxes clip through each other and flicker constantly on the Patrick chassis.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#23 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 03:43 PM

I mean, this is pretty noticeable stuff that wouldn't take very long to fix at all compared to some other bugs. There's no excuse for these to still be present after so long.

#24 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted November 07 2013 - 03:50 AM

I decided to add other visual defects. It is those of them who really me "pain in the eyes". Not only Brawler

well:

1) brawler
Spoiler

2) assault
Spoiler

3) berserk
Spoiler

4) bruiser
Spoiler

5) infil
Spoiler

#25 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 03:51 AM

6) patrick
Spoiler

7) rocketeer
Spoiler

8) raider
Spoiler

9) ripper
Spoiler

10) scout
Spoiler

11) sharpshuuter
Spoiler

12) tech
Spoiler

#26 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 03:52 AM

13) tv-recruit
Spoiler

14) cupcake
Spoiler

all pics didn't fit in one post.

Edited by nepacaka, November 07 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#27 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 04:09 AM

Alright, you got me started on the arm clipping.

For some reason, most of the torso parts have the same shoulder parts as the arms that go with them. Like the dome part on top of the Rez arm is also on the sides of the Rez torso. This causes some pretty glaring clipping issues when using anything but the matching arm and torso sets.

The Patrick parts are the worst, because that sort of cone shaped shoulder part is not parallel with the rest of the arm or torso parts. This means that it does not match up with anything but itself. Try putting the Patrick torso or arms on any other mech, and you will see what I mean. You can see the Patrick torso here with the Rez and Heifram arms:

Attached File  BadPatrick01.jpg   108.49K   31 downloadsAttached File  BadPatrick02.jpg   108.24K   31 downloads

It is not too bad with the Rez arms, because it all kind of blends together, but the Heifram arms are just bad. And the Fred arms are the worst.

My suggestion for how to fix this would be to add enough extra structure to the arm parts so that even on the more narrow torsos, they will still connect to it. And then remove the same part from the torso. So on the Patrick arms, you would have the cone part, but not on the Patrick torso.

Edited by Teljaxx, November 07 2013 - 04:13 AM.

Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#28 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 04:29 AM

arm clipping
it is a disease of almost all the B-Class. Assault also has it. But here is more complicated, there is need to change the 3D model. Edit the texture will not help here ... :(

The Patrick parts are the worst, because that sort of cone shaped shoulder part is not parallel with the rest of the arm or torso parts.
also, rocketeer torso has a very high and fat legs, when attached to any C-Class body, the upper part of their climbs "into" the body. and this is seems wrong.

Edited by nepacaka, November 07 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#29 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 05:01 AM

View Postnepacaka, on November 07 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

it is a disease of almost all the B-Class. Assault also has it. But here is more complicated, there is need to change the 3D model. Edit the texture will not help here ... :(

And almost all of the problems with the B-Class arms would be fixed by what I suggested. So it does not seem like it would be too hard to do.

View Postnepacaka, on November 07 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

also, rocketeer torso has a very high and fat legs, when attached to any C-Class body, the upper part of their climbs "into" the body. and this is seems wrong.

Yeah, the Domoff parts are hard to match with the other C-Class parts. The torso is so huge that it barely fits with any other legs, The upper legs are too high to fit properly with most other torsos, and the shields are so big that they end up looking odd when not used with the Domoff torso.

#30 m3talc0re

m3talc0re

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 07:00 AM

Posted Image

This kinda made me go "wtf_", too. I was asking in chat in a match if anyone else was seeing it. I thought maybe my texture was bad or something. It doesn't fit the skin at all.

#31 neo0031

neo0031

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 07 2013 - 07:52 PM

Bumping this serious fuzzy bunny man.

Yes, a polished game does make a difference to potential customers new and old.
Voice chat spamming you in UK servers whenever I get the chance...

...Nicely and politely.

#32 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 01 2014 - 01:48 PM

Bump.  It deserves it.  Yes, devs have priorities i understand, but still

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users