HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Please buff failsafe

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted December 10 2013 - 01:55 AM

I think the current failsafes haven't reached their current intentions just yet, they are a great help but still need a bit more to go to be truly useful, I would also like to see more player customization involved in the content updates.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#2 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted December 10 2013 - 01:56 AM

Yeah, failsafe for 100% reduction, you have my vote.

#3 user_default

user_default

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted December 10 2013 - 02:21 AM

Posted Image

#4 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted December 10 2013 - 02:33 AM

Yes Failsafe has not yet reached its full potential. I'm with Max, 100% reduction please.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#5 Vdragon

Vdragon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationWhere you drink red wines, eat long breads, and put a beret on the top of your mech.

Posted December 10 2013 - 02:36 AM

Posted Image

#6 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted December 10 2013 - 03:06 AM

it would be logical that  failsafe  reduced damage from all explosives,  if it blocks 90% of yours, why not 90% from enemy_ whats the technology behind it_
This would also buff sustain weapons, plus people that want higher TTK would be happy,  a win win situation.
Such a nobrainer, cmon adhesive, fix pls

Edited by Ker4u, December 10 2013 - 03:16 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#7 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted December 10 2013 - 03:07 AM

Needs at least 200% self damage reduction before it'll be even remotely useful. ;)

#8 user_default

user_default

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted December 10 2013 - 03:23 AM

And add a special bonus when used with a scout. :)

#9 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted December 10 2013 - 03:38 AM

View PostKer4u, on December 10 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

it would be logical that  failsafe  reduced damage from all explosives,  if it blocks 90% of yours, why not 90% from enemy_ whats the technology behind it_
This would also buff sustain weapons, plus people that want higher TTK would be happy,  a win win situation.
Such a nobrainer, cmon adhesive, fix pls
This was my thinking one day on the toilet, it really made me question and the solution I came up with twas that each company was using a separate type of checmical weaponry that they had devised defenses against. The buff would definitely fix many holes in adhesives story.

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#10 zaepp

zaepp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGet to da AA!

Posted December 10 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostLucier, on December 10 2013 - 03:07 AM, said:

Needs at least 200% self damage reduction before it'll be even remotely useful. ;)

First of all Fuel Converter should be integrated into Failsafe. I think it's an impertinence that we have to use two slots of our precious internals just to get a mechanic that should be baseline anyway. Further more, Failsafe should lower all self-inflicted damage by 100% and add 100% of your self-inflicted damage to the damage done to your opponent. Let's make it 90% so it doesn't become overpowered.

Also, Failsafe should be renamed into "Lolsafe".

Lolsafe - Let's hug it out!

Edited by zaepp, December 10 2013 - 04:17 AM.

It's just the trees Johnny, just the trees ... (Unknown pilot after his first TDM on Last Eco)

Adapt or GTFO! (Unknown pilot after Steam FUBAR)

Enlist for competitive FarmVille today!  

#11 Mobstarr

Mobstarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 10 2013 - 04:47 AM

Guys, please stop trolling, I bet the devs already copied some ideas out of this thread to their flip chart in their conference room.

#12 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted December 10 2013 - 04:58 AM

i want buff failsafe to 130%, that-be when you shot under you feet, you will not only avoid damage by 100%, but still added 30% damage to your current HP, like a self-heal. I'm sure it would have a positive impact on the current game mechanics!
And I do not want to hear that I'm wrong, it's a really great idea that should be implemented in the future patch!

#13 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted December 10 2013 - 05:13 AM

In all seriousness though, I think a 100% failsafe would be permissible if the cost were high, like if it cost 5 or 6 internal slots, or if it had some other major drawback. They could call it "The Hugsafe."

#14 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted December 10 2013 - 05:24 AM

Double the damage and efficacy of every weapon, item, and internal. Remove turn cap. Profit.
Dead serious.

#15 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted December 10 2013 - 05:29 AM

really, guys, do not you know that only people with a mustache on avatar have the right to trolling failsafe_ Posted Image
https://community.pl...he/#entry402115

Edited by nepacaka, December 10 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#16 yoshimotosog

yoshimotosog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin the great lands of lithuania

Posted December 10 2013 - 06:31 AM

im not really with you on this one. failsafe + fuel converter= run forever. i dont really wanna chase scouts forever :/
Posted Image

#17 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 10 2013 - 06:47 AM

View Postyoshimotosog, on December 10 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

im not really with you on this one. failsafe + fuel converter= run forever. i dont really wanna chase scouts forever :/

Its hard to tell through the internet, but Exeon and many others in this thread are being sarcastic.

Posted Image

#18 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted December 10 2013 - 06:52 AM

I was told by a very prestigious player, failsafe was a crutch and I wouldn't be considered skilled until I could play without it.  I then proceeded to face hug people like a Sir with no failsafe​ on a SA Hawkins SS huehueheuheuehuehuehue, and got top score.

Failsafe/Converter was obviously put in the game to balance out the stupid fast Vanguards zipping around the map in Go-Kart of doom mode.  For ceral, try getting behind one of those fuzzy bunnies, it's like a dog chasing it's tail.  And Raiders, God, I hate raiders, always coming at you full Hodor with Blitz and shooting their MIRV that I usually dodge because the Radar blips tells me when he's coming for fast and dry love, making me use all my fuel for a ground dodge, fuzzy bunny Raiders....

They should really just remove Raider from the game, they actually make Scouts have to work a bit to noob farm.

Edited by burns1124, December 10 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#19 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted December 10 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on December 10 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Its hard to tell through the internet, but Exeon and many others in this thread are being sarcastic.
They almost tricked me, I feel stupid right now.
I`ll fix it later.

#20 yoshimotosog

yoshimotosog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin the great lands of lithuania

Posted December 10 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostAregon, on December 10 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on December 10 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

They almost tricked me, I feel stupid right now.
ikr
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users