HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Active Internals, vote thread!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote on suggested Internals that you want to see in Hawken! (46 member(s) have cast votes)

MOVEMENT INTERNALS

1. Friction Foot (20 votes [13.61%])

Percentage of vote: 13.61%

2. Ice System/Glider Plates (18 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

3. Aerial Burst (15 votes [10.20%])

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

4. Supplemental Thrusters (14 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

5. Auxiliary Cavorite Plating (13 votes [8.84%])

Percentage of vote: 8.84%

6. Stabilized Thrusters (17 votes [11.56%])

Percentage of vote: 11.56%

7. Weighted pads (22 votes [14.97%])

Percentage of vote: 14.97%

8. Sylhiri Device (19 votes [12.93%])

Percentage of vote: 12.93%

9. NONE (9 votes [6.12%])

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

HEAT INTERNALS

1. Liquid Coolant (25 votes [30.12%])

Percentage of vote: 30.12%

2. Incendiary Boosters (15 votes [18.07%])

Percentage of vote: 18.07%

3. Thermal Amplifier (17 votes [20.48%])

Percentage of vote: 20.48%

4. Heat Rerouting Device (15 votes [18.07%])

Percentage of vote: 18.07%

5. NONE (11 votes [13.25%])

Percentage of vote: 13.25%

MISC INTERNALS

1. Radar Absorbant Field Generator (12 votes [14.63%])

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

2. Thrust Nozzle Silencer (20 votes [24.39%])

Percentage of vote: 24.39%

3. Remote Drone (18 votes [21.95%])

Percentage of vote: 21.95%

4. Chaff Dispenser (23 votes [28.05%])

Percentage of vote: 28.05%

5. NONE (9 votes [10.98%])

Percentage of vote: 10.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted December 12 2013 - 10:19 PM

The following are all of the active Internals that have been recommended by the Hawken playerbase.  Vote on each one above, but read their descriptions first!  

MOVEMENT INTERNALS

Friction Foot
Slows mech's falling descent while against a wall, resets ability to vertically ascend while hovering. Initial hover fuel cost (the amount of fuel required to start hovering) is doubled. (Basically a wall jump mechanic)

Ice System/Glider Plates  
Mech loses friction and maintains x% of there momentum between movement while moving on the ground. (After boosting/dodging may cause skidding) This allows the pilot to make quicker movements on the battle field, however the mech will take longer to reach full running or boosting speeds when starting from low movement speeds, and pilots will not have as much control over their mech's movements. (think armored core and tribes) So crashing into walls or other mechs will cause you to lose momentum and become a much easier target to hit for a longer period of time compared to other mechs.

Aerial Burst
Effect: Upon activating forward boost, a 1-second timer is started (with a neat audio activation upon jumping).  For the following second, a jump button will launch the mech forward with a burst of speed.  Consumes 30% more fuel than combined boost & hover.  

Supplemental Thusters
Allows forward boosting while the Mech is in mid-air. Either floating or not. Fuel Consumption stacks with floating fuel consumption.

Auxiliary Cavorite Plating
Reduces the weight of your mech, increasing maximum jump height, and reduces falling speed and aerial fuel usage. Reduces maximum armor by 10%, and crush damage by 30%.

Stabilized Thrusters
Effect: Replaces all dodge moves with directional boost. +0.5 m/s boost and flight speed

Weighted pads
Doubles weight of your mech to increase fall speed while not using fuel
Potential for advanced technical application: allow mechs to feel less floaty while falling and to make jumping off things viable tactical choice (pairs nicely with no fall dmg internal)
Number of slots: 1

Sylhiri Device
Effect: Shift+S causes additional attitude thrusters to dodge downwards while in the air. Bonus crushing damage. Visible on radar for same amount of time as ground boosts.

HEAT INTERNALS

Liquid Coolant
Overheating starts draining fuel instead of shutting down weapons. If fuel is completely drained while overheated, your weapons shut down, and your fuel will not regenerate until your heat is at zero.

Incendiary Boosters
Boosting and dodging causes a small increase in heat for any nearby enemies. Reduces cooling effectiveness.

Thermal Amplifier
Increases all movement speed by 1%, and damage output by .5% for every 10% of your heat bar filled. Increases overheat recovery time.

Heat Rerouting Device
Effect: Decreases max fuel capacity, fuel regeneration, and the amount of heat required to overheat by 50%. Increases heat generation.
Heat can be used in place of fuel. Priority is given to consuming heat, then fuel.
Slots required: 2 or 3. I think it'd be way too much of a game changer to be 1 slot.

MISC INTERNALS

Radar Absorbant Field Generator
The RA field generator grants ALL nearby mechs (enemies & allies) complete radar invisibility, but also causes their radars to not function. Can be toggled on and off. Slots: 1-3, with the size of the field scaling with the number of slots required.

Thrust Nozzle Silencer
Effect: Boosting, dodging, and hovering are completely silent. Fuel consumption is slightly increased.
Slots required: 1-3, with an inverse relationship between the number of slots required and the increase in fuel consumption.

Remote Drone
Allows your repair drone to be remote controlled around the map to scout out locations. Your view switches to its view while controlling it, and it has a small screen in your HUD while deployed. Cannot repair while drone is deployed. Must wait two minutes for drone to be rebuilt if it gets shot down.

Chaff Dispenser
Creates a small, short duration field of chaff at your location when you activate a side dash. Any mech caught in the blast radius loses their radar functionality for a couple seconds. Ninja vanish!

Edited by Xacius, December 14 2013 - 03:07 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#2 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 10:38 PM

Some of these would be unpractical ... just saying... to tired to point which ones... maybe tommorow...

Edited by Bazookagofer, December 12 2013 - 10:38 PM.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#3 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 12 2013 - 10:50 PM

Airial burst was a little misleading to me, I thought it was engaged while hovering :S You should rename it....

Monster Thrust!!! Like Jet Engines ;)

And because of the name, your mech stirs up particulate when you MONSTER boost forwards, helping to cover your attacks and retreats ^_^

After reading all your internal ideas...I suddenly wanted DOUBLE the internal space for my mechs...

We may need to separate "Internals" into different categories in the future for a variety of reasons, and I would personally look forward to that. It means that gameplay enhancing internals like these NEVER have to compete with direct, raw power internals like repair kit or the internal you have that increases fire power.

Edited by fingerknitter, December 12 2013 - 10:50 PM.

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#4 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'm all for active internals but I don't like the idea of internals having excessive penalties.  This was part of the reason that most of the old internals were useless.

#5 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:18 PM

View PostXacius, on December 12 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Stabilized Thrusters
Effect: Replaces all dodge moves with directional boost. +0.5 m/s boost and flight speed
Could you clarify if weapons would still work for side boosting_

I briefly pondered suggesting an internal that reversed boost and dodge directions -- a very fast, gas-guzzling, long-distance forward dodge & a slower side boost with modular length that still allowed weapons to be fired. I'm unsure which of the two would better inherit the old dodge cooldown... limit on forward means you'll be comparatively very slow, but a scaling limit on side-boosting (e.g. side-thrust CD is 2x time strafed up to a maximum of that Mech's maximum dodge CD -- most beneficial for the Brawler) might also work.

Being able to side-boost varying distances while firing your weapons could potentially be very broken, which is the main reason I didn't bring it up earlier.

It was fun while it lasted.

#6 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:22 PM

where is "Epic hero music" internal_

#7 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:31 PM

View PostPhysicsCrime, on December 12 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

I'm all for active internals but I don't like the idea of internals having excessive penalties.  This was part of the reason that most of the old internals were useless.
Depends on what you mean by excessive I think. If all of these had no drawback for using them, they would be a bit to strong in the game. I Think it just depends on the internal really. But I guess If having drawbacks really is that bad, you could always make the really strong ones require 6 slots.

#8 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:41 PM

Something that adds 50% more damage is goofy no matter what amount of slots. Using the number of slots to balance something is rather ineffective in my opinion.

Edit: damn you tablet autocorrect

Edited by Sylhiri, December 12 2013 - 11:42 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#9 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on December 12 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Depends on what you mean by excessive I think. If all of these had no drawback for using them, they would be a bit to strong in the game. I Think it just depends on the internal really. But I guess If having drawbacks really is that bad, you could always make the really strong ones require 6 slots.

See, its ok if ALL of them are strong, as then you can pick and choose them as you like without upsetting balance <-- The main issue arises where NEW PLAYERS have ZERO internals at all.

The old +x and -y internals were great for making a mech with zero internals function just as well, the internals simply allowed for and emphasis on a specific playstyle. The way it is now, internals function as a PURE boost to some stat, or a pure boost to your ability in some way shape or form. This makes it rather hard for new players to get into, and no this simply isn't curtailed by matchmaking with rank in mind because one player may be spreading his/her HC between several mechs, and one may be focusing on one.

I think that all mechs should come with some default internal choices, and I think all mechs should come with some default item choices. I also think that items and internals should have inherent categorize in them so that say Detonators don't compete with less direct items, it helps you balance and allows you to be much more creative. I think it would allow a lot more flexibility, and would be far more enjoyable this way.

BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#10 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:43 PM

View Postnepacaka, on December 12 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

That's buried somewhere in Xacius's original Internal suggestion thread and the compilation thread of all of those Internals. Good luck trying to find it. I would ask to have the compilation thread moved to this sub thread, but I'm not sure if it belongs here or not. I'll leave it up to one of the ADH guys if they see this post or Xacius to figure that out, seeing as it was just an extension of his original thread.

edit: Actually I'm just to sleepy to figure it out myself right now

Edited by ShadowWarg, December 12 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#11 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:47 PM

that was a joke =3 just remember it =D

Liquid Coolant
Overheating starts draining fuel instead of shutting down weapons. If fuel is completely drained while overheated, your weapons shut down, and your fuel will not regenerate until your heat is at zero.
maybe broken if use this on brawler/assault, cuz he have a huge fueltank

Remote Drone
Allows your repair drone to be remote controlled around the map to scout out locations. Your view switches to its view while controlling it, and it has a small screen in your HUD while deployed. Cannot repair while drone is deployed. Must wait two minutes for drone to be rebuilt if it gets shot down.
awesome idea for new item, as a mobile radar, with a lower radius, but you have top of the screen there is a small window where you can see through the eyes of you drone (spycam). and drone looks like your repair drone

Stabilized Thrusters
i like this thing. But it seems to me that it also would be something wrong in the concept. Once installed on the C-class, she would give him an incredible agility, cuz:

- C-Class has a high cooldown of Dodge.
- C-class consumes little fuel when boost and has a large tank.

but on the other hand, because you can turn your mouse to the side, and press shift+w, and get the same effect without internal. =3

I voted for this:

Reduces the weight of your mech, increasing maximum jump height, and reduces falling speed and aerial fuel usage. Reduces maximum armor by 10%, and crush damage by 30%.
imo. Fits perfectly into the current concept of internal. with 3 slot use this will be a great alternative to air-Dodge!
Even though I hate flying, I think the only thing that's true in the list can be implemented in the game. IMHO

Edited by nepacaka, December 12 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#12 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:48 PM

View Postfingerknitter, on December 12 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

~Quote~
What if the internals gave a universal penalty_ Say you lose x% of movement speed per slot used or fuel use is increase by x% per slot used_

Oops. didn't mean to do a new post. sorry. meant to edit my last one. Sorry I'll just fade away now. don't mind me.

Edited by ShadowWarg, December 12 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#13 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on December 12 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

View Postfingerknitter, on December 12 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

~Quote~
What if the internals gave a universal penalty_ Say you lose x% of movement speed per slot used or fuel use is increase by x% per slot used_

Oops. didn't mean to do a new post. sorry. meant to edit my last one. Sorry I'll just fade away now. don't mind me.

Then you are directly targetting mechs that rely more on mobility. It is a lot better/more interesting to make penalties based on each item IMO.

BlackSteelBrotherhood

#14 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted December 13 2013 - 07:44 AM

Voted for most. Variety is fun, let's find out which ones don't work through trial and error.
[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]
[Hawken Wishlist 2014.09.11]:
Spoiler

#15 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted December 13 2013 - 08:19 AM

These are excellent but mind you that the internals are always active and some of the suggestions feel like they should be activated manually by the pilot like an ability or item. I also wish that the pilot would be able to choose the ability of the mech, which would be sold seperately and unlocked through experience but that's a whole different thing, so a categorization is needed i think, hence:

Friction Foot - internal
Ice System/Glider Plates - ability / item - image the skating scout lolz
Aerial Burst - internal
Supplemental Thrusters - internal
Auxiliary Cavorite Plating - internal - would probably require a lot of work because of required map redesign
Stabilized Thrusters - internal
Weighted pads - internal
Sylhiri Device - internal / item / ability

Liquid Coolant - internal
Incendiary Boosters - internal
Thermal Amplifier - internal
Heat Rerouting Device - internal

Radar Absorbant Field Generator - item
Thrust Nozzle Silencer - internal
Remote Drone - item
Chaff Dispenser - item

Some ideas:
Thermal Converter: Converts heat to fuel. Conversion rate varies with slots. Could be an item or an internal
Peltier Cooler: Uses available fuel to cool down the mech. Amount and rate depends on the available fuel and slots.
   Definitely an item.
Gravity field inducer: Increases mech weight within a radius reducing their mobility. Definitely an item
Fuel Grenade: Drains fuel of mechs within a radius. Item
Heat Grenade: Increases heat level of mechs within a radius. Item
Explosive mine: Yes, it is an explosive mine. Item
Fuel mine: Like the fuel grenade but mine and activated by proximity. Item
Heat mine: Like the heat grenade but mine and activated by proximity. Item

Edited by shosca, December 13 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#16 thebloodgod0

thebloodgod0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted December 13 2013 - 08:23 AM

the idea of internals after the "Ascension" patch is that no internal shall have negative effect on mechs. It either gives players a small-medium boost depends on the number of slots or changes how the mech works. Things like reduce armor or increase heat is no go, that fits for an idea called "Alternative Ability" or "Attack/Defense Mode" someone suggested i recall. Reduce damage while increase defense or the opposite and so on (getting off-topic here).Most of your ideas are great but most of them doesn't fit to be called "internals"

#17 Cannonaire

Cannonaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUSW

Posted December 13 2013 - 09:20 AM

Issue with Auxiliary Cavorite Plating and Weighted pads - Changing the mass of an object does not affect how fast it will fall.

Chaff Dispenser - This would be a great deployable item.

Supplemental Thrusters - This would be a game-changer, disproportionally so for mechs like infiltrator and raider with very high boost speed and no air dynamics tuning. As fun as it would be, it could not be balanced.

Sylhiri Device - This could be an alternative to Air 180. Sounds good.

All of the heat internals seem game-changing and too powerful.

Radar Absorbant Field Generator - You can't give an item/internal to one player which may adversely affect the entire team.

A lot of the ideas look promising with some tweaking and balancing. I voted for about half of them.
Cannonaire - Think millionaire, but with cannons.
HC/MC Calculator (thread) UPDATED 2013/12/21

#18 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted December 13 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostXacius, on December 12 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

The following are all of the active Internals that have been recommended by the Hawken playerbase.  Vote on each one above, but read their descriptions first!  

MOVEMENT INTERNALS

Friction Foot
Slows mech's falling decent while against a wall, resets ability to vertically ascend while hovering. Initial hover fuel cost (the amount of fuel required to start hovering) is doubled. (Basically a wall jump mechanic)

Like this.

Ice System/Glider Plates  
Mech loses friction and maintains x% of there momentum between movement while moving on the ground. (After boosting/dodging may cause skidding) This allows the pilot to make quicker movements on the battle field, however the mech will take longer to reach full running or boosting speeds when starting from low movement speeds, and pilots will not have as much control over their mech's movements. (think armored core and tribes) So crashing into walls or other mechs will cause you to lose momentum and become a much easier target to hit for a longer period of time compared to other mechs.

what is the benefit of this one_

Aerial Burst
Effect: Upon activating forward boost, a 1-second timer is started (with a neat audio activation upon jumping).  For the following second, a jump button will launch the mech forward with a burst of speed.  Consumes 30% more fuel than combined boost & hover.  

Sounds wasteful, boost already does this_

Supplemental Thusters
Allows forward boosting while the Mech is in mid-air. Either floating or not. Fuel Consumption stacks with floating fuel consumption.

Definitely would use this.

jump height good, everything else too detrimental for this one benefit.

Stabilized Thrusters

Having trouble picturing how this would work, it would require camera changes and would require you always had a rear view of your mech_

Weighted pads
Doubles weight of your mech to increase fall speed while not using fuel
Potential for advanced technical application: allow mechs to feel less floaty while falling and to make jumping off things viable tactical choice (pairs nicely with no fall dmg internal)
Number of slots: 1

Like this.

Sylhiri Device
Effect: Shift+S causes additional attitude thrusters to dodge downwards while in the air. Bonus crushing damage. Visible on radar for same amount of time as ground boosts.

Sounds fun.

HEAT INTERNALS

Liquid Coolant

I do not see enough benefit in this item for it's downside.

Incendiary Boosters
Boosting and dodging causes a small increase in heat for any nearby enemies. Reduces cooling effectiveness.

would try it.  really depends , it would have to add at least 3-4% of total bar for each dodge 3.5% might be perfect.

Thermal Amplifier
Increases all movement speed by 1%, and damage output by .5% for every 10% of your heat bar filled. Increases overheat recovery time.

Sounds really good if you can manage your heat.

Heat Rerouting Device
Effect: Decreases max fuel capacity, fuel regeneration, and the amount of heat required to overheat by 50%. Increases heat generation.
Heat can be used in place of fuel. Priority is given to consuming heat, then fuel.
Slots required: 2 or 3. I think it'd be way too much of a game changer to be 1 slot.

very complex , not useful if you manage your heat well, I suppose could be good for fighting multiple enemies in succession, situational.

MISC INTERNALS

Radar Absorbant Field Generator
The RA field generator grants ALL nearby mechs (enemies & allies) complete radar invisibility, but also causes their radars to not function. Can be toggled on and off. Slots: 1-3, with the size of the field scaling with the number of slots required.

Sounds fun, completely changes how game plays though, may not be implemented for said reason, sounds like a good game mode option.

Thrust Nozzle Silencer
Effect: Boosting, dodging, and hovering are completely silent. Fuel consumption is slightly increased.
Slots required: 1-3, with an inverse relationship between the number of slots required and the increase in fuel consumption.

definitely cool and simple, would use it.

Remote Drone

lots of work, very complex, added value questionable, seems difficult to pull this off well_

Chaff Dispenser
Creates a small, short duration field of chaff at your location when you activate a side dash. Any mech caught in the blast radius loses their radar functionality for a couple seconds. Ninja vanish!

prefer if it had a % chance to attract hellfires maybe throw chaff with a 33% chance to lure for each rocket.

#19 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted December 13 2013 - 10:51 PM

FPS games should never include the RNG gods

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#20 BlindHaze

BlindHaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationon a Basilisk Wardroid

Posted December 14 2013 - 06:53 AM

3 out of 4 misc internals are way OP with infiltrator.

Edited by BlindHaze, December 14 2013 - 06:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users