HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Siege Tutorial

Game Project

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted February 13 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostDalaiLlama, on February 13 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Correct if wrong, but I think the battleship EU cost can go much higher than 900.  Played a protracted (and quite fun) match some days ago, and I could have sworn the EU costs rising to 1200.  If my memory serves correctly.

That was changed in this patch specifically, I just hadn't updated it yet. Thank you for reminding me.
Posted Image

#22 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted February 13 2014 - 11:08 AM

Don't know when you added the new screenies but they look great! Good idea to use a pred.

#23 BigBoss88

BigBoss88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFinland, Helsinki

Posted February 20 2014 - 11:45 AM

Wow, thanks for writing this. Did my first Siege yesterday and wasn't really sure how to win the right way. I think I'm ready to win Siege now ;) !

#24 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 02:42 PM

IGM = ingame map.........but......but......but......isn't that gone (for now anyways)_

#25 NateMarx

NateMarx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 09:12 AM

What I usually do on this mode is I just watch an enemy mech finish off collecting EU's and then just kill him afterwards to pick up the free EU's. Takes some time but its safer and a lot more fun especially if you got a wingman to do this with. :)

#26 Velimirius

Velimirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMontenegro, EU

Posted February 27 2014 - 04:30 PM

awesome guide this!

#27 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted March 16 2014 - 09:43 AM

I adore Siege, and this is great! ^_^

#28 _vanzi

_vanzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 10:17 AM

It is absolutely insane how many people join Siege matches and just do the completely opposite of what they are supposed to do. Every next day I'm trying just to get the daily bonus on Siege brings me closer to uninstalling this game altogether... Lack of in game tutorial of any kind is partially to blame, but then again it took me half a match to figure things out so it's can't be that difficult.

Here's a tl;dr; version of the OP post that generally wins 95% of random matches in Siege (as long as your team can also stick together):
Posted Image

Edited by _vanzi, March 17 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#29 LiftTruck

LiftTruck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted March 19 2014 - 08:19 AM

Hello. First of all I'm acknowledging that, YES I am a noob. But I haven't been stupid enough to just dive into Hawken and let the chips fall where they may. I'm an Armored Core series fan(on the PS2), and once I saw Hawken, it was just TOO GOOD not to investigate the game. I spent several days(before and after downloading the game)reading up on the way the game flows, Mech controls/how they move and react in-game, and EXAMINING every video about the particular Mechs I'm interested in playing with. I've played 7 or 8 Team Death matches and(btw, I've never been the type to think the way I'm about to speak on), as suspected, you will ALWAYS do horribly if you THINK you can rock by yourself. I'm becoming more and more adept at staying with the team. Working tactically with the team,..etc. I said all that to say this: After reading your tutorial on Siege, because I simply wanted to know how to play it, I understand a couple of things crystal clear. Before I even touch Siege mode, I SHALL be exemplary at functioning with my team, which in my mind is a PRIORITY requirement! And without a doubt, I'll have to wait till I get my gaming rig with headphones and mic so I can work with vocal coordination, as you revealed(and I also suspected) in your excellent tutorial. I can only speak for myself when I say: I appreciate you taking the time to even make this tutorial at all. Much information passed on. Thank you.
I rock an Incinerator. It's MY Mech. The only Mech I shall Perfect-Piloting. Holding down YOUR position in a squad, IS TO EXPERIENCE Hawken!

**LiftTruck**

#30 SteelShark

SteelShark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 20 2014 - 11:46 AM

Great, and yet not helpful at all.  People down load this game and hop in, none of the people who fuzzy bunny over Siege teams by not knowing how to play are going to read this.  And the ones who do come here to find out about it were probably smart enough to figure out how to play it on their own.  There needs to be an ingame siege tutorial that people are forced to see and prove they saw it before they play siege mode.

#31 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted March 21 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostSteelShark, on March 20 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

Great, and yet not helpful at all.  People down load this game and hop in, none of the people who fuzzy bunny over Siege teams by not knowing how to play are going to read this.  And the ones who do come here to find out about it were probably smart enough to figure out how to play it on their own.  There needs to be an ingame siege tutorial that people are forced to see and prove they saw it before they play siege mode.

I already suggested to the devs community designed tutorials which are input into the game either video or written

It was ignored for a week until I gave up bumping the thread.

Can't do much more than that
Posted Image

#32 BedsideGoose

BedsideGoose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted March 22 2014 - 06:20 PM

Can we force people to read this before playing Siege_ And then sign a waiver or something_

#33 Dvaedra

Dvaedra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationA very boring place

Posted March 23 2014 - 06:49 AM

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]This thread is beautiful. We've needed something like this for a long time. Maybe now I won't have to keep shouting GO TO AA all the time.[/font]

Good luck.

Posted Image

#34 BadCatWillum

BadCatWillum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 07:30 AM

A mandatory in game tutorial featuring Laila pointing out and mocking other (AI) recruits' mistakes (camping, charging AA with 5 red on it alone, shooting the ship without good reason) would perhaps leverage players self-esteem to better performance in the game's flagship (in the devs' words) mode.

#35 Squeedge

Squeedge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationI HAVE BIG THEETH

Posted March 30 2014 - 08:06 PM

Literally i was looking up one guide that has everything, i play a lot this mode (like 200 games of siege) and i find out interesting to find out some mechanics like HP grow of the ship or EU trees with/out extractor. I'm saving this guide and hope more people to read it, many times i found my self going with 4 folks to aa and one or 2 of my teamates firing at the ship when it jsut launched :c. AA its the key!

Posted Image

#36 Hellrazer_001

Hellrazer_001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 03:42 AM

+1000 to forcing people to either read this or The Devs should make a compulsory Tutorial that they have to pass to play each Mission Type, because the last 2 weeks have been hell trying to find a descent game, its just Noobs all over the place shooting ships " and not even in the right area ", shooting at the AA instead of trying to take it, not going for EU, I even seen one guy in Missile Assault standing about 4 feet away shooting the Missile Launcher over and over!

I was trying to do a video the other day and after 3 hours gave up because I could not find a match where people worked as a team, and ended up just typing in tutorials for the people on my team, because they got down to around 350 while the other team was around 2800, they eventually got the other team down to 340, a huge comeback and then right as the other teams Ship was launching they all took off to get EU and left the AA and lost, in about 2 minutes.

Today I just gave up on a Siege game where I was on top on my team " wasnt hard " because they where just awful, and could not do anything right, and its not something I usually do but thought enough is enough.

Edited by Hellrazer_001, April 09 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#37 akiradaniel18

akiradaniel18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 07:10 AM

No matter how good we write in here, as long as there are no In Game Siege Tutorial, all are useless efforts.

#38 RootsRat

RootsRat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLeeds, UK

Posted April 29 2014 - 05:59 AM

This is really good and well written guide, it cleared a few doubts I've had about the Siege. Hats off, sir!
Sleep is baby-mama of death.

Art: Barking Man UK
Music: Roots Rat
Skyrim: Elenear

#39 MetalBin

MetalBin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 11:52 AM

If your base is low you cant wait to launch ship. Our base was 25 started counting down. Launched on 1. Unfortunately didn't win but it was close and game lasted some time with our base on one and their ship continuing.

With your ship airborne your base won't take any damage from their ship.

Edited by MetalBin, May 08 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#40 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 25 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hello Temujin. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be linking people to this page from my Hawken Handbook in the siege section. This guide was basically my Siege bible, so it's the least I can do to say thanks.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users