HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Siege Tutorial

Game Project

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 TronX33

TronX33

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 10:07 AM

I completely agree with the part that any defender outside of the control point is failing his/her team. In one seige match, only me and another person was in the control point, everybody was farther back, randomly shooting at the enemy team, not doing much. I kept on trying to tell them on multiple times, and either they weren't listening, or they weren't paying attention. I guess finally I got to them, and we swarmed the AA just before the enemy team launched.their battleship. We won, but our base health was 486 :(

Edited by TronX33, June 26 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Charge the AA!!!

#42 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 26 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostTronX33, on June 26 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

We won, but our base health was 486 :(
I had a Siege game that we lost 0 - 9... That was a heart breaker.

#43 thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted June 28 2014 - 11:47 AM

Can you ammend this to include SNIPING is not a tactic for basic siege play, it is a LOSING tactic. I see too many ppl trying to pad their stats by sniping and truly believing it is helping the team. Let me qualify my statement by adding I have over 800 siege wins in my combined accounts, with less than 120 losses. 500 wins with a single account, not bragging, just facts.

Edited by thirtysix, June 28 2014 - 11:50 AM.

Asus Rampage III Extreme - Core I7 920 - 16Gb G.Skill RipJawsZ - 2 EVGA GTX 560ti (SLi) - Cosair Hydro H50 cooler - Corsair CMPSU-1000HX - Antec DF-35
In space no one can hear you scream!

#44 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted July 05 2014 - 09:19 AM

I wanted to bump this thread because I have played 4 games of Siege on the EU servers today and every one of them was appalling because the majority of players in the server had no idea how to play.
Posted Image

#45 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted July 08 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostPastorius, on July 05 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

I wanted to bump this thread because I have played 4 games of Siege on the EU servers today and every one of them was appalling because the majority of players in the server had no idea how to play.

I have identified your problem. This guide may not help you.
Spoiler

#46 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 25 2014 - 11:36 PM

I completely agree with the part that any defender outside of the control point is failing his/her team. In one seige match, only me and another person was in the control point, everybody was farther back, randomly shooting at the enemy team, not doing much. I kept on trying to tell them on multiple times, and either they weren't listening, or they weren't paying attention. I guess finally I got to them, and we swarmed the AA just before the enemy team launched.their battleship. We won, but our base health was 486 :(
If a few your fellow defenders are outside the AA while you have a good hold,  are pushing forward toward the enemy base and not cowering back towards spawn, they are doing a good job. They just need to be careful not to overextend and get taken out by the base turrets. Also, having 1 or 2 flankers that are actually getting behind the enemy line and attacking them from multiple angles are a good thing to have as well. However, both of these tactics require much more coordination to pull off correctly. If things go south, just head back to the AA and regroup there. Also, try to repair on the AA when you can, and don't all repair at once. Repair in waves so one wave is repairing while the others provide cover.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#47 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on July 25 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

If a few your fellow defenders are outside the AA while you have a good hold,  are pushing forward toward the enemy base and not cowering back towards spawn, they are doing a good job. They just need to be careful not to overextend and get taken out by the base turrets. Also, having 1 or 2 flankers that are actually getting behind the enemy line and attacking them from multiple angles are a good thing to have as well. However, both of these tactics require much more coordination to pull off correctly. If things go south, just head back to the AA and regroup there. Also, try to repair on the AA when you can, and don't all repair at once. Repair in waves so one wave is repairing while the others provide cover.

The only problem right now is that too many people get in fragile reapers and sit outside of the aa sniping.  I get in games with 2,3 and 4 of them like this and they wonder why they lose.  As soon as I see more than one sniper or predator I leave the match.  Its an automatic loss.  No one is playing a tech+vanguard.  I'm lucky if someone is in a brawler.  The other team may have a decent scout pilot or something who runs around blapping people in the backfield and basically one shotting reapers.

There needs to be a way to communicate with teammate better.  They don't read the text chat and on US East Coast servers the goddamned euros and russians come to play because their populations are too low.  I'm starting to think we need to region lock people just so its less bad.

#48 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 17 2014 - 06:22 PM

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on August 17 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

There needs to be a way to communicate with teammate better.  They don't read the text chat and on US East Coast servers the goddamned euros and russians come to play because their populations are too low.  I'm starting to think we need to region lock people just so its less bad.
No it would fuzzy bunny the people who play from Asia and Aus.

#49 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 05 2014 - 05:04 PM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 17 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on August 17 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

No it would fuzzy bunny the people who play from Asia and Aus.

I don't care.  don't come to US servers and not be able to communicate.  That isn't right.

#50 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 07 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on September 05 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

I don't care.  don't come to US servers and not be able to communicate.  That isn't right.

you sir, are espousing a xenophobic rhetoric that promotes a myopic and self-centered worldview reminiscent of jingoistic zealotry.  don't be a fuzzy bunny.

#51 Officer_Joe

Officer_Joe

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostAregon, on February 01 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

Can somebody place this into the game first time you play siege_ And make it so it can't be ignored_
Omg Yes!

#52 MalazanSapper

MalazanSapper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted September 11 2014 - 04:50 AM

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on September 05 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Well there goes half the NA teen population then. :D

#53 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted Today, 10:30 AM

AMERICA
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play