HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Why & How: Tech

Forum

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Slayzz

Slayzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 04:33 AM

kazuya989, on February 28 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

@Slayzz

An offensive Technician is an ambush mech. :ph34r:

Think of it as an infiltrator without the cloak and alpha strike. Take a Detonator Mk3 if you intend to play offensive.

Never ever attack another mech head on - unless that mech has 50% health or less.

Allow the enermy mech to start fighting with one of your team, and move round the flank and attack,  it is likely they wont even notice you until its too late.  Keep dodging,  1 sec cooldown is very good for tech.

In between fights stay with team and heal them up.

Consider joining a clan.  They will be experienced players (like me) who sill be happy to teach you how to play mechs properly.
You also get to make loads of new friends to play with, its by far the best way to play Hawken :)

P.S. your English is very good ;)

Thanks for the tips, i´ll try it.
I have to admit, with a good team, the tech makes fun ... shooting there, healing here. But in a not so good team or against very strong
opponents this tech is my k/d-killer. I know, k/d it´s only the e-fuzzy bunny in games but it´s a incentive too.

And only attack enemys with below 50% hp feels like kill-leeching, The others do the work and you get the kill. But if the tech only works so, I´ll have to cope with it ;)

#22 kazuya989

kazuya989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDisguissed as Ninja_Goat

Posted February 28 2014 - 04:45 AM

your most welcome :)

Stick with it, the Tech is still effective even with low health.

Send me a friend request in game if you want to team up and go and double technician some pilots. :)

check out my uTube page

for videos of Hawken gameplay

#23 ZeralStorm

ZeralStorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 11:25 AM

Personally I am one of those who can never understand why there is even a discussion about tech/ ("healer" in other games), and how they do on the offensive.

A support class should be just that! Help your team!

If you want kills and feel "l337" you should pick another class!

A support class should be inferior to any other class 1vs1. Basically, I should run and scream like a little girl! They are damage dealers and Im not!

But if I am behind my team I should be able to make a real difference, it should matter so much that when you see a support on your team, you smile . Its in the name "Support"! You help carry your team and make them better for it!

Keep in mind though, a support should not be about a win/lose difference but it should make the fight easier!

A support should be what it name says, support for the team.

Edited by ZeralStorm, March 10 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#24 V_ExorcisT

V_ExorcisT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted March 10 2014 - 11:50 AM

ZeralStorm, on March 10 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

A support class should be inferior to any other class 1vs1.

I disagree with this, because it's HAWKEN. Here tanks (C-class) have same damage as assault classes (B-class mechs). This means its not the game where one should run away even if he is support, or simply hold position because he is a "TANK" class, not hoping to kill enemy with the "power" of his weapon. The difference should only be applicable to ARMOUR value, IMO. But offensive power should be retained for all mech types, support or not.

Tech works best with C-class mechs when they are in turret mode, thus the damage they take is decreased and so it is much easier to keep them healthy! ^_^
Tech is much more effective when he is not alone, and that is true. For now...
Tech's special ability which nearly resurrects team-mates can affect result of any battle, basically as does Tech's presence overall.

Edited by V_ExorcisT, March 10 2014 - 11:51 AM.

I am a gamer not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join us! We have sweet cookies! :3 http://taw.net
My YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/u...ViciouSExorcisT

#25 thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted March 10 2014 - 12:04 PM

I think there isn't enough assists... I mean, i see in your scoreboard here that you were using tech as an assasin mor than a support and some people disaproves this. Btw, it's my metagame and strategies. Each person has his own strategy.
Posted Image

#26 ZeralStorm

ZeralStorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 12:13 PM

V_ExorcisT, on March 10 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

ZeralStorm, on March 10 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

A support class should be inferior to any other class 1vs1.

I disagree with this, because it's HAWKEN. Here tanks (C-class) have same damage as assault classes (B-class mechs). This means its not the game where one should run away even if he is support, or simply hold position because he is a "TANK" class, not hoping to kill enemy with the "power" of his weapon. The difference should only be applicable to ARMOUR value, IMO. But offensive power should be retained for all mech types, support or not.

Tech works best with C-class mechs when they are in turret mode, thus the damage they take is decreased and so it is much easier to keep them healthy! ^_^
Tech is much more effective when he is not alone, and that is true. For now...
Tech's special ability which nearly resurrects team-mates can affect result of any battle, basically as does Tech's presence overall.

Awesome! Here I thought I wouldnt get any good replies! Shame on me I guess!

Yea I see what you mean, Class isnt, and shouldnt be all and everything that matters. A Support class should be able to kill another
class, 1v1 if he is skilled. It shouldnt all be about the class. But I still think its wrong to make all classes viable for all situations! Because if so, then what is the meaning of classes at all_!

A "support" should be better at actually supporting the team , a "tank" should actually be better at soaking up damage and a damage dealer should be able to put out the most damage.

And if there is no cons to the pros, then what purpose does a class system serve at all_ Might as well give everyone, everthing!

Edited by ZeralStorm, March 10 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#27 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted March 10 2014 - 12:28 PM

Classes are so simular is because the game has to be accessible. And I agree that this should not be the case. With this thread I was originally looking to place the tech in battle. Now I see that, after some practice Tech is valid for all proposes. The fact that it's a support mech makes it this way. The only thing it's quite bad at is defense, and that is when a nearby C-class can help you out.

Everybody has a play style, but you should't get too attached. Take a break from the usual and try something new. Offencive Tech really fun and challenging, because you can't go in guns blazing (you don't have as many guns, see). It's all about timing, more so than other classes I feel.

Also I noticed as a tech you actually have more health attaching and using your disassembler than most people notice, so it's actually a good offensive choice.

(I'll try to get some numbers on that, but feel free to reply in the meantime.)

PS: Quite surprised I got reply's on a 22 day old topic, keep it going!

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, March 10 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#28 Climatic

Climatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 12:08 PM

Some good offensive plays by tech is to stay with someone that's capable of handling themselves (usually top of score board) and who constantly pushes in (preferable a B or C class because they are easier to follow and have more hp). You green-beam them when they are about 60% (most people run away when they are low on hp, so greenbeaming them at 30% won't do your team much good), this will keep them in the fight longer and therefore keeping them pushing constantly. If you two are facing a group of 3-6 enemies. Jump up throw an EMP/ISM into their team, this create chaos and a opening for your teammates to push in.

#29 Tide

Tide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 08:22 PM

The only thing that is actually confusing about tech is knowing when to attack and when to support. Tech can catch a lot of enemies off guard because they think he's a pushover. Combining his speed and active regen, he can be extremely hard to kill in good hands. He's also good at chasing down faster enemies that C/B classes can't finish off or if you're expecting a lot of enemies on the way and want to kill them off in succession as quickly as possible it may be a good idea to actively attack rather than heal the occasional potshot. Pretty much on offense, think and play like a scout.

Also something I personally recommend, if you have to take down a big class in an emergency use amplification. It doesn't increase damage done with the heal beam (correct me if im wrong) but it still buffs your heal rate so you're even harder to kill.

If attacking isn't your thing, redox works just fine too. 15% can add up if you land three shots on every enemy. Personally I don't think it's reliable enough to justify using.

Edited by Tide, March 14 2014 - 08:29 PM.

#30 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted March 15 2014 - 02:45 AM

Tide, on March 14 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Also something I personally recommend, if you have to take down a big class in an emergency use amplification. It doesn't increase damage done with the heal beam (correct me if im wrong) but it still buffs your heal rate so you're even harder to kill.

Now that is something I didn't know, that it increased your heal rate with the disassembler.

One tactic I have been trying to use recently is, instead of repairing, to throw down a  scanner and heal myself off that. And when being chased it you can use the amp. to heal up  very quickly.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, March 15 2014 - 02:46 AM.

#31 Tide

Tide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 15 2014 - 09:25 PM

Dr_Freeze001, on March 15 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

Tide, on March 14 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Now that is something I didn't know, that it increased your heal rate with the disassembler.

One tactic I have been trying to use recently is, instead of repairing, to throw down a  scanner and heal myself off that. And when being chased it you can use the amp. to heal up  very quickly.

Good tactic but personally I prefer medkits. I think those actually heal faster, teammates can use them, and lets you shoot while looking away from it, but theres the delay when deploying it.

#32 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted March 17 2014 - 08:55 PM

Tide, on March 15 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

Good tactic but personally I prefer medkits. I think those actually heal faster, teammates can use them, and lets you shoot while looking away from it, but theres the delay when deploying it.

Repair charges are kinda redundant when you're playing the healing mech, though can be useful in heavy fights.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#33 kazuya989

kazuya989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDisguissed as Ninja_Goat

Posted March 18 2014 - 04:21 AM

Blockade (default item) is very useful in a team situation as it allows you to place temporary cover for you and your team to hide behind.

You can heal off it too.

Blockade also useful when being chased or attacked from rear whilst pushing forward healing a team-mate.

Look down, drop blockade, boost forward.  Do this quickly and you pass over blockade before it deploys, creating protection for your exposed rear.  Gives you a few seconds to kill forward target and spin round to engage rear target.

The Mech Mechanics video (access it at top of page,  media>videos) shows this when at one point the Tech blockades the bakery on Frontline to escape.

I find Blockade MK2 and Heal orb Mk2 a good combo for a Tech, as they are useful in every game mode, and both defensively and offensively.

check out my uTube page

for videos of Hawken gameplay

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users