HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

So, it is time to fix Uptown yet_

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 1uster

1uster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted March 23 2014 - 08:16 AM

Love this map with all the problems it has b/c no other map has this same style of playing on it. That's making it individual/characteristic.

Btw: what person is a map_ He / She / It_

#22 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 05:29 AM

Likes the map how it is. Pretty much like all the maps how they are. Most people want the game faster and less tactical. Not me. It is your decision, if you take the long way for flanking or take the faster risky way. Whats not to like_
I do agree that the order in the map circle could need a change...its 2 dark maps in a row (uptown and origin), putting the excellent Bazaar after Uptown would make sense to me.

Edited by Aelita, March 24 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#23 LeeHarveyOz

LeeHarveyOz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 25 2014 - 06:08 AM

An open area with only one area/entrance just doesn't get used, the map is effectively 2/3 of it's true size, so I see where this thread is coming from. Would like to see the library area opened up a little, not necessarily to reduce chokage, but so you get some actual use out of the whole map.
10/10 would agree again.

#24 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 26 2014 - 12:55 PM

I like this map too. I don't see anything wrong in it. If you guys do find any mechanical issues then just report 'em to the devs vis Forum or Tech Support Ticket. Other than that Uptown is an unique map with its own possibilities and features as every other map in HAWKEN.

P.D. It's all about strategy/tactics and adaptability..

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#25 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted March 31 2014 - 07:25 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on March 26 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

I like this map too. I don't see anything wrong in it. If you guys do find any mechanical issues then just report 'em to the devs vis Forum or Tech Support Ticket. Other than that Uptown is an unique map with its own possibilities and features as every other map in HAWKEN.

P.D. It's all about strategy/tactics and adaptability..

There isn't much advice I need for how to play this map. I barely even need a radar to predict where the enemy is. That's half the problem right there.This is not a "I've been playing a few weeks and this is what I think of this map" issue. This is a "I've been playing for over a year and know this map better than my own home" feedback topic. Trust me, this map has issues. Always has. It's about time they were fixed.
Posted Image

#26 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted March 31 2014 - 04:09 PM

You people obsess about Uptown and how badly designed it is, and yet I'm here waiting for a tight cornered and close quarter's urban combat map.

Somethings wrong...

(got it, haven't played Uptown)

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#27 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted April 05 2014 - 12:38 PM

only DM and TDM...don't see the reason change it. no siege. no MA.
this way is the best

View Postshosca, on March 11 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Posted Image
all other suggestion is fuzzy, and need more time to rework.

Take your filthy hands off from a good claustrophobic map.
if you want to change something, please direct your dirty attention on @Bunker. fuzzy bunny!

Edited by nepacaka, April 05 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#28 LordNephets

LordNephets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 07 2014 - 05:20 PM

I see a lot of hate on Uptown. Personally I love it. I feel like most of the maps on Hawken have unique strategies and tactics behind them, and Uptown is the map that relies on chokepoints and ambushes more than any other map. I feel that opening up the map would only serve to make the maps more homogenized in general, which defeats the purpose of having multiple maps to begin with.

It's like the Tantive IV map on Star Wars Battlefront, it's different and that's why it's good.

#29 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 10:06 AM

I like uptown too, but there are limited options for effective fighting and flanking, and places that offer very interesting fights are not taken advantage of.

It isn't about opening things up so much as just including more paths for flanking.

#30 Crocket101

Crocket101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 08:43 PM

>Chooses Grenadier
>"Well... it's taking them a long time to attack..."
>Other Side
>GOD FUZZY BUNNY THAT GRENADIER AND THOSE GRENADES TO ALL HOLY HELL THIS IS SOME BULL-DOODOO I SHOULD JUST FLY OVER AND SEND THOSE GRENADES OF HIS BACK TO HIS BUM!!!

Edited by Crocket101, April 08 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#31 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted April 29 2014 - 10:47 AM

I like the "get rid of this wall " put a ramp here, and also the hallway across the top, linking the "blue" area with the "library" area, allow's for many more options on the map.

#32 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted April 29 2014 - 12:28 PM

It takes way to long to flank someone when they are up top guarding the ramps, if you go the north way your at a disadvantage against high ground, if you go the south way then your going all the way around the map. Even if you do try to flank the other team will just push through the ramps and cuddle in the turtle room. With only two small entrances to that room you have a huge advantage in defense, yah this map is just fine >.>

Edited by Sylhiri, April 30 2014 - 10:02 AM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#33 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 30 2014 - 08:07 AM

View Post1uster, on March 23 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

Love this map with all the problems it has b/c no other map has this same style of playing on it. That's making it individual/characteristic.

Btw: what person is a map_ He / She / It_

Any object that it not human (or animal for some people) is called with the article "it"

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users