HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Community, let's make the Predator better

Community Forum Game

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#161 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 04:04 PM

Yeah Stingz I think you have a good idea with the get a kill -> keep repairing. The issue is that most predator play styles involve using a huge alpha strike and getting the kill while you are at full health. The part where you lose health is when you need to run to get back to your team. If you are engaging someone while you are at half health, you either don't know what you are doing or you must really know what you are doing.

The other issue is that armour fusor heals a percentage of your health, while reconstructor heals a flat amount. Being the b class with the lowest health, a flat amount is going to be the most beneficial. Armor fusor is amazing on C-class mechs, but otherwise it's mostly a waste.

#162 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 26 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostIroncladLion, on April 26 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Yeah Stingz I think you have a good idea with the get a kill -> keep repairing. The issue is that most predator play styles involve using a huge alpha strike and getting the kill while you are at full health. The part where you lose health is when you need to run to get back to your team. If you are engaging someone while you are at half health, you either don't know what you are doing or you must really know what you are doing.

The other issue is that armour fusor heals a percentage of your health, while reconstructor heals a flat amount. Being the b class with the lowest health, a flat amount is going to be the most beneficial. Armor fusor is amazing on C-class mechs, but otherwise it's mostly a waste.

This is why I avoid fusors like the plague when choosing an internal for Pred.

For a more offensive build for Predator how does this sound_
  • MK 2 Det- For alpha strikes or for beating others in a DPS race.
  • MK 1 EMP- For obvious reasons.
  • MK 1 Shield/Barrier- For a last resort getaway.
Thoughts/edits anyone_  I currently have a MK 2 Scrambler and the ISM but I kinda wanted some variety.

#163 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 26 2014 - 07:37 PM

I'm usually knee deep in a fight (especially with Raider) and use Fusor when health orbs aren't enough.

Reconstructor is definitely more useful than Fusor on Predator since it has little reason to stay after securing a kill.
The fact Breacher can use the T-32 Charged + Uncharged trick means heavy burst damage.

Edited by Stingz, April 26 2014 - 07:49 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#164 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 26 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 26 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Thoughts/edits anyone_  I currently have a MK 2 Scrambler and the ISM but I kinda wanted some variety.

For my purely-offensive mechs I always use Det MK3 and an EMP MK1.
Same with my Predator.

When I need to run away I either die or not, a shield/barrier won't change much in that.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#165 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostT_Bird, on April 26 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

View PostLightangel112, on April 25 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Your in a 1v1 during that fight, you will exchange blows and receive dmg, up on killing the mech you get the full 25% and in most cases taken enough dmg below 50% to get the 10% from the evasive device. That is a full 35% boost obtained quite easily during an actual confrontation. This 35% boost in walk speed allows you to stealth away and heal up.

Well, killing an enemy will gain you 25% speed boost for 10 seconds, but if you take damage to gain boost from evasive device you can't -"stealth away and heal up". By the time you can re-enter stalker mode your 25% bonus from the kill will most likely worn off.

More realistically is that you gain the 35% walk speed boost, but you loose the stalker mode speed boost and once you can re-enter stalker mode, the 25% kill bonus is gone.
Who said you had to be in stealth in the first place_ I save that now to actually get away or I disengage it myself (after finding "A" target), so by the time I've killed my enemy (15 secs)  its ready to be used again. Getting 35% in stalker mode is easy imo.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#166 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 01:20 AM

And Meraple beats me to it e_e. Lolz.

I would not bother with the shield or barrier most people are packing emp's now a days anyway. That would make your defensive item, pointless. I use MK3 DET and MK1 EMP. I used to have MK1 radar scrambler but due to how OP a freaking scanner is there is no point in that either. So either have MK2 of DET & EMP or have MK3 DET and 1 Emp for an offensive build. In pred I don't retreat, I either die trying or hide to the best of my abilities as a pred without getting picked off.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 27 2014 - 12:39 PM.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#167 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 27 2014 - 02:14 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 27 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

I would not bother with the shield or barrier most people are packing emp's now a days anyway.

I used to have MK1 radar scrambler but due to how OP a freaking scanner is there is on point on that either.

In pred I don't retreat, I either die trying or hide to the best of my abilities as a pred without getting picked off.

These things are pretty solid advice if you want to play aggresively.

Barrier's not even that good for retreating from what I've seen. (EMPs bounce off of Barriers btw)
Even Shield's not that good for that purpose IMHO.

I currently have a MK 2 Scrambler and the ISM but I kinda wanted some variety.

ISM

Lol.
ISM is useless, as enemy mechs are easily visible while ISM'd.
Same with the terrain.
It's plain garbage atm.

I uploaded some gameplay videos of Predator by the way.

I got another one ready for upload, I'll do it tonight when I'm going to sleep.
I'd rather not have high PING in games for ~3 hours.

Edited by Meraple, April 27 2014 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#168 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostMeraple, on April 27 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

View PostLightangel112, on April 27 2014 - 01:20 AM, said:

I would not bother with the shield or barrier most people are packing emp's now a days anyway.

I used to have MK1 radar scrambler but due to how OP a freaking scanner is there is on point on that either.

In pred I don't retreat, I either die trying or hide to the best of my abilities as a pred without getting picked off.

These things are pretty solid advice if you want to play aggresively.

Barrier's not even that good for retreating from what I've seen. (EMPs bounce off of Barriers btw)
Even Shield's not that good for that purpose IMHO.

I know, but I sometimes like to have at least one thing to provide cover for my allies or block a hallway for a quick getaway.  Plus, I think it'd just be fun to troll enemies and shoot through the barrier. :P  As for emps bouncing off the barrier, that'd be great for blocking it don't ya think_

View PostMeraple, on April 27 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

I currently have a MK 2 Scrambler and the ISM but I kinda wanted some variety.

ISM

Lol.
ISM is useless, as enemy mechs are easily visible while ISM'd.
Same with the terrain.
It's plain garbage atm.

I know, hence why I'm planning to get more useful items.

#169 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 27 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 27 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

As for emps bouncing off the barrier, that'd be great for blocking it don't ya think_

If you have enough time to make the barrier pop up and grow to full size,
you'll have more then enough time to get out of the EMP's radius.

I think it'd just be fun to troll enemies and shoot through the barrier. :P

Shield has a seriously low HP.
It'd only be useful in 1v1s, thus making it better for fun.
There are better items for 1v1s IMO.

I wonder when Light'll put that stuff in I sent him into the guide.
I'll ask him when he gets online on Steam.

Recorded some more stuff as well.
Will upload it tonight.

I'm sorry about the low quality, but I have no idea how to fix that.
It's definately YouTube's fault though.

You want some help with Predator_ Hit me up in-game and I'll help you as much as possible if I have the time.
If I don't have time, you can ask these other Predator players of whom I know they're good:
- Lightangel112
- Memag
- Vdragon
- AboveTheSky
- LEmental

I'm sure there are other good Predator players out there, but these are the ones I know of.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#170 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostMeraple, on April 27 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

As for emps bouncing off the barrier, that'd be great for blocking it don't ya think_

If you have enough time to make the barrier pop up and grow to full size,
you'll have more then enough time to get out of the EMP's radius.

Oh come on man, I wanted something a little more unique.  I don't see many Pred players carry around a barrier anyway.  :P  As I said, it's for last minute defense and stuff like that.

I think it'd just be fun to troll enemies and shoot through the barrier. :P

Oh sorry, I should have been more clear.  I was thinking more of the barrier than shield.  Also, I'm not just thinking about 1v1s I'm also thinking about other gamemodes as well.  I generally try to stick close to my team for the most part.

I wonder when Light'll put that stuff in I sent him into the guide.
I'll ask him when he gets online on Steam.

Recorded some more stuff as well.
Will upload it tonight.

I'm sorry about the low quality, but I have no idea how to fix that.
It's definately YouTube's fault though.

Lovely vids man!  I was also thinking about recording some gameplay of my own.  What do you use to record_

#171 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 27 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 27 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

Lovely vids man!  I was also thinking about recording some gameplay of my own.  What do you use to record_

I use MSI Afterburner, a program that requires a good Processor and GPU.
But when they're both good, it HARDLY impacts performance.

Oh sorry, I should have been more clear.  I was thinking more of the barrier than shield.  Also, I'm not just thinking about 1v1s I'm also thinking about other gamemodes as well.  I generally try to stick close to my team for the most part.

Ah.
I only do TDM and DM.
I automatically assumed it was for those modes, sorry for the confusion.

Oh come on man, I wanted something a little more unique.  I don't see many Pred players carry around a barrier anyway.  :P  As I said, it's for last minute defense and stuff like that.

Lol.
Being a good Predator player is already pretty unique if you ask me. :)

Posted Image

Spoiler

#172 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 27 2014 - 12:43 PM

I will update the predator guide asap, hopefully sometime this week.
Takes time to write stuff up and edit it, so it is understandable also.

#173 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 27 2014 - 11:07 PM

Pff, videos failed to upload.
I'll try again this night.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#174 Hellrazer_001

Hellrazer_001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 08:06 AM

Here is a very Short Video, of an unexpected Double Kill, I LOL'D when I saw it, " sorry about the Quality, I had a problem with Audio Sync so I deleted the Audio, and I did not want to spend ages uploading the Video so it is not great quality. " or good quality :) "

I will upload a couple of full matches over night and if all go's well I will link them tomorrow, They will be a bit better quality with sound than this video,They will also be a different style to Meraple's, as I have really bad Ping, so I cant use the Breacher, so I use the EOC-Repeater.

I ran into Lightangel112 in a match yesterday, he was really kicking ass, but unfortunately he was on the other team :(, I also was having some Internet problems and my shots where not registering so I had a really really low score, after that  I removed Interleaving from my ADSL line and have now gained around 90 less ping ! down from 320 -370 to around the 250 - 270 mark, which makes a huge difference for me.

Edited by Hellrazer_001, April 28 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#175 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 27 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I will update the predator guide asap, hopefully sometime this week.
Takes time to write stuff up and edit it, so it is understandable also.
I just updated the ultimate predator guide. It took a few hours -_- gosh.

#176 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostHellrazer_001, on April 28 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

I also was having some Internet problems and my shots where not registering so I had a really really low score, after that  I removed Interleaving from my ADSL line and have now gained around 90 less ping ! down from 320 -370 to around the 250 - 270 mark, which makes a huge difference for me.
Yeah if your ping sucks then breacher is hard to use. I may add this perticular point to the guide.

#177 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 02:37 PM

I'm sure you guys have seen this judging by the likes.  But this is kinda what I meant with the barrier idea: http://www.twitch.tv...oyt01/c/4147508

#178 Hellrazer_001

Hellrazer_001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 04:30 PM

Ok here are 3 videos, as I previously said my Ping sucks, so the Breacher is out of the question for me, so I use the EOC-Repeater, and I call my method the "Spray fuzzy bunny every where method" :D " but there is a deliberate aim too it " If Possible use the confusion from your guys attacking the enemy to get your strikes in and finnish them off, or vise versa, confuse the enemy at the right time as your guys attack, also learn the areas on the Map where your mines dissapear into the ground, rocks, objects, so they are harder to see.

I usually I end up on the top or top 2 for my side about 80% of the time, the odd time I am on the bottom LOL.

Once again I apologize for the Quality, Youtube takes for ever to upload too, and the originals where 4 gig each.

I did not end up on top in this one, but it still was not too bad.

Edited by Hellrazer_001, April 28 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#179 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 28 2014 - 10:42 PM

I managed to upload 3 more videos, all Breacher gameplay.
I'll try to record some T32-BOLT and EOC Repeater footage today.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#180 Hellrazer_001

Hellrazer_001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted April 28 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostMeraple, on April 28 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

I managed to upload 3 more videos, all Breacher gameplay.
I'll try to record some T32-BOLT and EOC Repeater footage today.

I realy enjoy spraying my EOC-Repeater around and have a ball, but after watching that first video you just posted, I wish I could use the Breacher as well, I was amazed at the damage it caused in one shot on an Assault, If I use the Breacher, it hardly even scratches them, thats if I can hit them lol.  " Stupid Ping "

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Forum, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users