HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Community, let's make the Predator better

Community Forum Game

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#141 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 13 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostBoompigXD, on April 13 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

One thing needs to change about both EQC guns.

They need to get rid of that glowing beacon on each mine that is ridiculously easy to see except from far away. Nobody's going to step on something that might as well be Neon-glowing and on fire

You'd be surprised how many people step on my mines. In the words of the TF2 Demoman: "Couldn't ya see tha bloody bombs_"

And honestly, from extensive use of the EOC repeater and the EOC Predator and seeing just how much damage they do, removing the glow would kinda make it a bit OP. You would have invisible, insta-death traps spammed EVERYWHERE, and that would get really annoying really fast. Even with the glow, in the heat of a fight, most people are so tunnel visioned on the mech that's attacking them (even with the glow on the mines) and don't look at the ground when they're being shot at. The whole point of mines in the first place is to say: (I'll put the Gandalf GIF here once I'm not using my iPhone)

The glow enhances that purpose. And also, it gives the player a chance of countering an enemy who is using the weapon. It has to be balanced in both categories, in both using the weapon and countering it in order to keep the game balanced and fun. Just my thoughts on the matter. The main problem I have with the mines is that they're destructible.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#142 BoompigXD

BoompigXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted April 13 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on April 13 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostBoompigXD, on April 13 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

One thing needs to change about both EQC guns.

They need to get rid of that glowing beacon on each mine that is ridiculously easy to see except from far away. Nobody's going to step on something that might as well be Neon-glowing and on fire

You'd be surprised how many people step on my mines. In the words of the TF2 Demoman: "Couldn't ya see tha bloody bombs_"

And honestly, from extensive use of the EOC repeater and the EOC Predator and seeing just how much damage they do, removing the glow would kinda make it a bit OP. You would have invisible, insta-death traps spammed EVERYWHERE, and that would get really annoying really fast. Even with the glow, in the heat of a fight, most people are so tunnel visioned on the mech that's attacking them (even with the glow on the mines) and don't look at the ground when they're being shot at. The whole point of mines in the first place is to say: (I'll put the Gandalf GIF here once I'm not using my iPhone)

The glow enhances that purpose. And also, it gives the player a chance of countering an enemy who is using the weapon. It has to be balanced in both categories, in both using the weapon and countering it in order to keep the game balanced and fun. Just my thoughts on the matter. The main problem I have with the mines is that they're destructible.

I'm not saying remove the glow completely, they still should have some indicator, but not one as obvious as a giant glowing beacon. If the Predator truly wants to be a Ambush/Trap mech, which is clearly wants to be (Come on, Close Range weapons [which is the normally the range you'll be in when you ambush somebody] and landmines_ It's trying to be a Trap/Ambush mech) it's going to have to cause the players to be aware by looking for the clues that there are mines there. The only other game that had Claymores/Mines that were that obvious is Tribes: Ascend, and thats a game about moving fast over hills and open spaces so it has an excuse.

Posted Image

#143 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:17 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 22 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Mechs

Predator

• Decreased boost speed from 32.24 to 30.8 meters/sec

• Increased run speed from 18.5 to 19.5 meters/sec

• Developer's Note: The Predator was slightly underpowered. We wanted to give him a bit more mobility while in Stalker Mode to allow him to find prey easier.
Weapons
  • EOC Predator
    • Decreased amount of active mines available from 10 to 8

• Increased mine damage from 50 to 60

• Developer's Note: These adjustments allows the Predator to set up traps faster and gives a slight increase in damage output.
  • Stalker (Predator)
    • Increased run speed by 2 meters/sec when ability is active

• Developer's Note: Added a slight run speed increase while Stalker is active to give the Predator more mobility while stalking his prey.

Alright kids, the devs seemed to have listened (somewhat). They took some of our ideas and actually used them.

MECH
Increased run speed: good
Decreased boost speed: WHYYYYYYY!___
I'm all for the Predator being a fast-running ground mech. Why the nerf to boost speed I have no idea. Was it's boost speed REALLY too fast_ We'll never know.

WEAPONS
EOC Predator:
Decreased amounts of mines: meh
Increased mine damage: cool
Yes, the predator can set traps 'faster' now, how this translates to 'increased damage output' I'll have no idea. The damage is fine just increase the bloody firing rate and projectile speed. Seriously, these changes. This isn't really a buff, gameplay wise you'll still be setting traps for 8 seconds as opposed to 10 seconds. It still take forever.

ABILITY
Stalker:
Increased run speed by 2 meters/sec when ability is active
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THEY LISTENED TO MEEEEEHHHHHHHH.
Seriously, so happy they did that one. Now you can actually walk super fast and feel like an actual predator when in stalker mode. PURE AWESOME. Thank you.

Edited by IroncladLion, April 24 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#144 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:50 AM

Use Basic deflectors + reconstructor with power surger and evasive device.
You will thank me when you realise how good this setup is, use it, up to you.

PS: EOC P projectile speed got a buff also.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 24 2014 - 11:55 AM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#145 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostLightangel112, on April 24 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

It did_ O_o  When did this ninja buff come_  How do you know_

#146 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 01:00 PM

Thanks Lightangel I'll try out that setup. Right now I'm running Advanced Reconstructor, Power Surger, and Shock Coils. I'll give that a shot once I have more HC :lol:

And this ninja buff_ Is it real_ Or didn't you just sense the mines flying faster in-game_

#147 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 24 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

It did_ O_o  When did this ninja buff come_  How do you know_
I can tell because the puck can keep up with the breacher past cqc now.
It is either the animation which is now faster or it's the projectile itself.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 24 2014 - 02:07 PM.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#148 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 07:49 AM

Predator feels soooo good now. That run speed is killer. Weapons are still wonky as hell and mines to don't feel much different. But you can get around and help you team much better with the faster run speed!Posted Image

#149 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 25 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostIroncladLion, on April 25 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

Predator feels soooo good now. That run speed is killer. Weapons are still wonky as hell and mines to don't feel much different. But you can get around and help you team much better with the faster run speed!

With the Evasive Device and Power Surger you can get about 30m/s while walking, cloaked.
Boosting will get you to about 40m/s, faster then the Scout.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#150 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostMeraple, on April 25 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

With the Evasive Device and Power Surger you can get about 30m/s while walking, cloaked.

That's pretty fast. But I really don't like taking the evasive device on the Predator, the power surger is good for running away, but if you really need the evasive device, you probably did something wrong lol. Shock Coil + Advanced Reconstructor + Power Surger works pretty well for me. Lets me get in and out of the action quickly.

#151 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 25 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostIroncladLion, on April 25 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

View PostMeraple, on April 25 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

That's pretty fast. But I really don't like taking the evasive device on the Predator, the power surger is good for running away, but if you really need the evasive device, you probably did something wrong lol. Shock Coil + Advanced Reconstructor + Power Surger works pretty well for me. Lets me get in and out of the action quickly.

I thought of that internal setup and shared it with Light before the update was here.
I heard a walking speed buff in both modes, so I thought I'd go amplify walking speed.

However, Advanced Reconstructor is pretty much useless.
Especially on the lowest-HP B class in the game.

Even on a Brawler it heals way too slowly over too much of a time.
You're way better off just putting something else.

I noticed that the Evasice Device is rather obsolete for my playing style.
Don't know what I'd want in it's place though.

Current Internal setup:
- Evasive Device
- Power Surger
- Basic Deflectors
- Basic Reconstructor

EDIT: I think I'll replace Basic Reconstructor and Evasive Device with the Advanced Reconstructor.
Not sure yet though.

Edited by Meraple, April 25 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#152 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 11:54 AM

I will need to test more with deflectors, power surger and evasive device. For those using Breacher you may want to ditch the basic reconstructor. You need the 2 slot deflectors, as you will be assaulting people more head on than those using EOC R from behind your team. It is very easy to obtain 35% of the full 40% speed buff, quite easily.

Your in a 1v1 during that fight, you will exchange blows and receive dmg, up on killing the mech you get the full 25% and in most cases taken enough dmg below 50% to get the 10% from the evasive device. That is a full 35% boost obtained quite easily during an actual confrontation. This 35% boost in walk speed allows you to stealth away and heal up. I sorely miss Air Compressor though, that allowed me to be super aggressive, without it I feel a tab naked :(.

For another build, Deflectors is a must on predator, shock coil + basic reconstructor, now the last two slots are a bit tricky. It will either be failsafe or power surger hmm. Otherwise it could well be AC & DF + FC.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 25 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#153 Jooooose

Jooooose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted April 25 2014 - 12:44 PM

I think the predator is fine. I don't understand what most of you mean that it can't take on any mech in a 1v1. I can take on plenty of mechs with my T-32 predator. Obviously you are doing something wrong because the predator is a strong opponent if the pilot knows what they are doing.
Posted Image

#154 IroncladLion

IroncladLion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 12:50 PM

Let me know how that build works. For mine with the Advanced Reconstructor + Power Surger + Shockcoil I'm going for a get in, kill one or two people, and then book it back to my team before anyone has noticed what happened. I generally never get below 50% health so I personally wouldn't see the use of the evasive device. Also, I'm using the T32 so I'm playing an assassination play-style rather than a poke one. I've only had time for two games of team deathmatch since the update but I've been MVP in both of them with those internals rocking the T32.

And Lightangel, unless you are hugging them to death, would you really use the failsafe_ ^_^

Edited by IroncladLion, April 25 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#155 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 01:06 PM

Yeah I know I know, you hardly do, but some alpha strikes are hard to pull off other than at CQ's.

#156 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 25 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostIroncladLion, on April 25 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

unless you are hugging them to death, would you really use the failsafe_ ^_^

The AOE is huge for EOC P mines.

..And I often alpha strike at CQ with my dual EOC setup.
Still don't need the Failsafe though.

EDIT:
going to write some more stuff for the Predator guide covering playingstyles,
and internals coming with each playstyle.

Edited by Meraple, April 25 2014 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#157 mccrorie

mccrorie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 25 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostJooooose, on April 25 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

I think the predator is fine. I don't understand what most of you mean that it can't take on any mech in a 1v1. I can take on plenty of mechs with my T-32 predator. Obviously you are doing something wrong because the predator is a strong opponent if the pilot knows what they are doing.

I guess out of the few hundred players I've met I've never seen one.

I still breathe a sigh of relief when I see my opponent is using a Predator. Just easier kills all day every day,

#158 T_Bird

T_Bird

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostLightangel112, on April 25 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Your in a 1v1 during that fight, you will exchange blows and receive dmg, up on killing the mech you get the full 25% and in most cases taken enough dmg below 50% to get the 10% from the evasive device. That is a full 35% boost obtained quite easily during an actual confrontation. This 35% boost in walk speed allows you to stealth away and heal up.

Well, killing an enemy will gain you 25% speed boost for 10 seconds, but if you take damage to gain boost from evasive device you can't -"stealth away and heal up". By the time you can re-enter stalker mode your 25% bonus from the kill will most likely worn off.

More realistically is that you gain the 35% walk speed boost, but you loose the stalker mode speed boost and once you can re-enter stalker mode, the 25% kill bonus is gone.

#159 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 26 2014 - 04:28 AM

Another option would be Armour Fusor, regenerate health after every kill/assist, and reduce time spent repairing.

Edited by Stingz, April 26 2014 - 04:28 AM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#160 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted April 26 2014 - 07:42 AM

But the HP on predator makes armour fusor someone futile compared to an assault. Atm I'm using Air compressor, with evasive device and basic power surger. AC allows me to maintain my aggressive play and the speed internals also allow me to move around faster. The issue i'm having atm is finding out, how helpful deflectors are, but I'm starting to manage w/o it now.

Edited by Lightangel112, April 26 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Forum, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users