HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

April Update Patch Notes

Update Game

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#161 Infernoklinge

Infernoklinge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 06:54 AM

Hello, people, I wanted to deliver some ideas to you,  maybe in runs to the time would like to implement them or some of them.

1) A Protection Shield System would be cool. It takes up 50 damage points and regenerates after 5 seconds after the fight. Why a so quick regeneration_ To be as quickly as possible again in the fight and to be able to use it tactically.

2) Country Pilot Emblem would be cool. Im from Germany, some from United Kingdom and .... we can see it. Makes it easier to find friends.

3) Pay method by phone would be good.

4) Please, more Mech`s, much more individuation options. The worst thing what can pass is if there is not enough Mechs for the choice. Then it becomes dull. So programs faster. ;)

5) And updates news should be readable in the Game or there should be one refer to the forum.

6) More maps...

At the End I would like to say, thanks for this great Game, thanks for the fair pay to play relation and i try my best to find more Gamers. And excused please my orthography, i was never good into foreign languages. And should you like my ideas, you may credit to me with pleasure in 2000 meteor points. Then I consider more.  ;)

#162 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:18 AM

There is only one word for this patch.

Awesome.

I am very happy that so much input from us casual players was used in this patch instead of the usual fine tuning for the needs of a couple in loop drooling celebrity players.

Great work HWK. This is why I love this game. Its back on the right way.

Thanks .

#163 MrCauldronBorn

MrCauldronBorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hi there Hawken team i was wondering if you could boost the weapons on the Predator because its very weak for an assassin i love it and i would like to kill my enemy faster.Or could you guys add like extra damage if the weapon shoots form behind while in the predator mode is active that would be cool like a real assassin.

#164 Aelita

Aelita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:39 AM

i confirm the existence of said patch. i wait now. i send my whine when i am done testing. aaannnd waits.

sounds all nice to me, without having read any of the comments and not planning too. I like the developer´s notes to certain points. Nicely done.

EDIT: WAAIIIIIIT a moment. i purchased the color red twice >.< I am poor. Can i have another color instead_ Damn i´d apreciate even a silly milkshake for my HUD as a friendly token.

Edited by Aelita, April 24 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#165 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostAelita, on April 24 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

the color red twice >.< I am poor. Can i have another color instead_ Damn i´d apreciate even a silly milkshake for my HUD as a friendly token.

Msg ZamboniChaos here on the forums and you'll get your MC back.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#166 Climatic

Climatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:53 AM

Posted Image

#167 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted April 24 2014 - 08:55 AM

Why the devs can be awesome:

[font=Consolas, 'Lucida Console', monospace][HWK]Defter[/font][font=Consolas, 'Lucida Console', monospace] witnesses what happens when hawken players can't play hawken. Thankfully we're almost done with patching.[/font]
I`ll fix it later.

#168 FLEX_Z

FLEX_Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted April 24 2014 - 09:00 AM

Thanks.

#169 Tany

Tany

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 09:16 AM

**All camouflages are now global.** I love this! thank you devs.
"I should probably emphasize something just in case people might be confused. We did NOT make chassis art global since those are unique mech parts. Only camouflages were made global."
Chassis Art shouldn't be global, but it should be interchangeable but you can only having one active. (If I buy one, I should be allowed to use it on any mech I want. I don't think it should be locked to one mech.) OR Maybe add an hc fee for each chassis so each mech can learn the new chassis once we've unlocked it with mc first.

#170 bmendonc

bmendonc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 22 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Waaait!  What the HC prices of the items/internals/weapons_  Those are still pretty expensive!  6k just for a weapon that a person might not like_  It's not really worth it if you can't get used to the weapon.  Also, the less expensive mechs are half the cost of the weapons.  How is that right_

Other than that, I like the update.

Yea, we should get the ability to test out weapons to see if they fit our play style or not, because 6k HC for a gun_ Thats half the cost of a brand new mech, Ive only bought one gun due to this, and I have maybe 8 mechs instead

#171 Nimbus_Prime

Nimbus_Prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted April 24 2014 - 09:49 AM

too fun
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64, ASUS Z87 Pro ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz Processor, EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3072MB GDDR5 Video Card, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 8GB Memory Modules with 15.94GB of usable memory), Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD), Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200 RPM Internal Hard Drive, Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply, Games specs set at GeForce Experience optimal: Record stream Twitch at 720p, 60FPS, and 5.0 Mbps

#172 Nimbus_Prime

Nimbus_Prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:01 AM

View Postbmendonc, on April 24 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 22 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Waaait!  What the HC prices of the items/internals/weapons_  Those are still pretty expensive!  6k just for a weapon that a person might not like_  It's not really worth it if you can't get used to the weapon.  Also, the less expensive mechs are half the cost of the weapons.  How is that right_

Other than that, I like the update.

Yea, we should get the ability to test out weapons to see if they fit our play style or not, because 6k HC for a gun_ Thats half the cost of a brand new mech, Ive only bought one gun due to this, and I have maybe 8 mechs instead

Buying a weapon that you try for a round or two wouldn't give you the chance to really check out the weapon's ability.  However if you own the weapon and then decide not to use it, you can always go back to it later when you figure out more of the mechanics of the mech.  Weapons can be bought at the mech's progression and not put you out much of anything other than the time it takes to play the mech up to rank.

Edited by Nimbus_Prime, April 24 2014 - 10:02 AM.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64, ASUS Z87 Pro ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz Processor, EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3072MB GDDR5 Video Card, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Two 8GB Memory Modules with 15.94GB of usable memory), Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD), Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200 RPM Internal Hard Drive, Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX Modular Power Supply, Games specs set at GeForce Experience optimal: Record stream Twitch at 720p, 60FPS, and 5.0 Mbps

#173 NECRO_TYPE1

NECRO_TYPE1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:02 AM

Im not sure if this was happening to others after the launch, but my TOW rockets were passing though a few players (no damage) on the BAZAAR map but not on the other maps.

Edited by NECRO_TYPE1, April 24 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#174 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostMeraple, on April 24 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

19:58 - Lightangel112: but after a mech 1v1 im out of fuel
19:58 - Lightangel112: and im a sitting duck
19:58 - Lightangel112: cant even boost away
19:58 - [BSB] Meraple: cloak and LOLFAST
19:59 - Lightangel112: LOL
19:59 - Lightangel112: yeah
19:59 - [BSB] Meraple: =p
19:59 - Lightangel112: seems better

Why ''LOLFAST''_
Because Predator has 30m/s walking speed while in cloak if you use the Evasive Device and Power Surger,
when you're just out of an engagement in which you just made a kill.

It's even faster then Scout while boosting with those internals atm..
I think I overreacted.
Sorry, devs.

Like I said, I may have overreacted.
I guess we'll have to test Predator out first.
I'm sorry.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#175 Kirbychwan

Kirbychwan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:14 AM

Excellent changes across the board.

Turret changes in particular are nice; they were practically unused in most situations.

#176 TAG_Convector

TAG_Convector

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostOrbitald, on April 22 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 22 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Weapons
  • EOC Predator
    • Decreased amount of active mines available from 10 to 8

• Increased mine damage from 50 to 60

• Developer's Note: These adjustments allows the Predator to set up traps faster and gives a slight increase in damage output.
Umm I dont want to be that guy but . . .
50 damage per mine x 10 mines = 500
60 damage per mine x 8 mines = 480

Sure this will be great sustained fire, and yea its not alot of lost damage either but for the 6+ mine trap isnt this a nerf_
I've never thought of the predator as a sustained fire mech and 2/3 of its weapons support that so why nerf its hide-and-seek playstyle_

I was just getting use to the EOC on the Rocketeer....dem nerfs.
Posted Image

#177 NIX6SIX

NIX6SIX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostSectionZ, on April 22 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

I don't know what to think about the Turret Mode Buff.  NOT because it will make them "Too hard to kill".   But because the majority of the people I see spending any length of time in turret mode are the sort who just hang back from the AA all match, never setting foot on it if there is the slightest personal risk, screaming at their team's Infiltrators and Technicians to take the AA from all two of us hiding behind the AA cover (well, aside from last Eco) where they can't even splash damage us with grenades or TOWs.

So I'm not afraid of unkillable C classes ON the AA, so much as I an increase in "But I might get shot at! MY KDR MUST NOT SUFFER!" turret mode C classes spending all of their time OFF the AA because it is safer than ever to hang back and scream at their team to save them if somebody tries to flank behind enemy lines.

Our sharpshooters are helping capture the AA while the Brawler hangs back and try to snipe, I have entered Bizzaro Hawken.

So goddamn true. I used to play C-Class mostly at the start, till i got pummeled every time i moved forward, ya tryin to hit some speedy lil s#1T when a (experienced) reaper halfway across the map takes ya out in seconds .. All because i was the only one with enough balls to get ON the aa - cos im a C-class n thats supposed to be my job, and am probably one of the only players who dont care about my KD ratio in siege - when losing every match is the result.. When half ya team are bruisers and vanguards trying to snipe from the bridge in frontline, or the top of origin (just in front of ya base) for example.. So YES, i like the idea behind lowering back damage..

But - (now im not just talking about the post quoted, this is overall)

That is a MASSIVE damage reduction, going to totally have to rethink how im going to play now - dont yas think maybe trying out 35% first would have been a lil better rather than dropping it THAT much, i say this because as above - i USED to play c-class, till i found out how much better speed, manouverbility, and rate of fire were over anything.. But when u cant sneak up, hammer the fuzzy bunny outta a c-class from behind n run when u need to cos now what used to kill em wont even come close to doing so (and they can chase u down a lot better with the speed increases) It has kinda totally screwed up how i and a lot of people play .. But hey - its not all about me eh!

But i guess all in all - it was better than seeing my scout get nerfed which ive been expecting for ages but gladly havent seen mention of yet, so instead of doing it that way, it was to beef up the rest .. Cos I gotta say, the SCOUT IS SO OP, yas surely know that - Or at least it WAS cos it doesnt look like itl be doing what it used to now! ... Oh well at least now i get to learn new ways of doing things..

.. This might have been answered somewhere earlier, but what happened to the pilot level badges that used to be by their names when matchmaking so we know what level players are_ And i think halving the xp was a bit too much too, make me feel like my level 30 i fully earned isnt worth anywhere as much now, and thought we needed more levels, even if it didnt mean much, just for something to work toward, as ive got all the mechs and am startin to max out a lot of them (with all the needed items/internals i want), and have maxxed a few with xp, and have 200,000 overflow too.. So yea, im not gonna have much to work toward soon! Not that il stop playing!

I dont really care too much if anyone reads this in its entirety, but one thing i really want to know is -
  • When are more siege maps gonna be ready (rough estimate) PLEASE!_!

But other than ma lil rant, good work. AWESOME GAME. I cant stop playing. And wont. CHEERS!

#178 Temperance

Temperance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 11:36 AM

Global and part-specific camo at last!

#179 Jooooose

Jooooose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted April 24 2014 - 11:37 AM

Timerider, on April 22 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Tech still needs to be more durable than wet toilet paper.

Nope, not at all. As a really experienced tech player I can say without a doubt in my mind that the tech is perfect with having incredibly low armor.

To maintain the balance of the game the tech requires the ability to be killed instantly if they make a mistake. The technician should be a frail piece of glass that has to hide behind his team to stay alive and ultimately keep their team alive.
Posted Image

#180 Shadow_Darkstrom

Shadow_Darkstrom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 11:41 AM

i'd like to post a complaint here, dunno if mods of hawken view these but here goes, you made some of the mechs weaker and the heavy mechs MORE  over powered, the back weakness balanced that previously, but now you've gone and removed the balance, plus adding more armor to the ,already overpowered mechs___ like the incinerator for example, its overpowered enough,why make it stronger_

Edited by Shadow_Darkstrom, April 24 2014 - 11:42 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users