HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

April Update Patch Notes

Update Game

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#181 DarkIcarus

DarkIcarus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA.

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:01 PM

Tech needs a bit more armor please.
Posted Image

#182 karolla

karolla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:08 PM

hawken doest open . I tried too more times.

#183 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostNimbus_Prime, on April 24 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

View Postbmendonc, on April 24 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 22 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Waaait!  What the HC prices of the items/internals/weapons_  Those are still pretty expensive!  6k just for a weapon that a person might not like_  It's not really worth it if you can't get used to the weapon.  Also, the less expensive mechs are half the cost of the weapons.  How is that right_

Other than that, I like the update.

Yea, we should get the ability to test out weapons to see if they fit our play style or not, because 6k HC for a gun_ Thats half the cost of a brand new mech, Ive only bought one gun due to this, and I have maybe 8 mechs instead

Buying a weapon that you try for a round or two wouldn't give you the chance to really check out the weapon's ability.  However if you own the weapon and then decide not to use it, you can always go back to it later when you figure out more of the mechanics of the mech.  Weapons can be bought at the mech's progression and not put you out much of anything other than the time it takes to play the mech up to rank.

perhaps a 24 hour period... i would not have bought the PAPA for 7K HC if i knew it over heated so quickly. 24 hours to test it out would have been nice.. and not 24 in game hours, but 24 real life hours.

Posted Image

#184 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostTAG_Convector, on April 24 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostOrbitald, on April 22 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 22 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Weapons
  • EOC Predator
    • Decreased amount of active mines available from 10 to 8

• Increased mine damage from 50 to 60

• Developer's Note: These adjustments allows the Predator to set up traps faster and gives a slight increase in damage output.
Umm I dont want to be that guy but . . .
50 damage per mine x 10 mines = 500
60 damage per mine x 8 mines = 480

Sure this will be great sustained fire, and yea its not alot of lost damage either but for the 6+ mine trap isnt this a nerf_
I've never thought of the predator as a sustained fire mech and 2/3 of its weapons support that so why nerf its hide-and-seek playstyle_

I was just getting use to the EOC on the Rocketeer....dem nerfs.

Silly goose.. that is the secondary for the predator.. not the primary EOC.

#185 WillyW

WillyW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:27 PM

Wish I would have known that I was going to get over 20,000XP after my first match. Yeah, I get that the update gives people in mid level 20s to automatically go to level 30 and get the XP that goes along with it. That's great and all, but if I had known that the XP was given to the mech you chose to use AFTER your first match, then I wouldn't have chosen my FULLY LEVELED UP Sharpshooter.

Therefore, all of the +20,000XP was lost. I could have used any other mech and gotten 20,000XP for free. But instead, I used my fully leveled mech and lost EVERY single XP that could have otherwise been used. I have a Reaper that I've been meaning to level up to get the Hawkens RPR. With 20,000XP I could have gotten it right away.

Here's a big FU^K YOU to the Hawken update. If you were a bit more specific in the update notes then I might have been able to use the extra XP you gave me for spending twice as much time as it now takes to get to level 30. By that standard, I could be nearly at level 60.

#186 karolla

karolla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:31 PM

someone is in the game_ my hawken doesnt open lol. ı am from turkey.

#187 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted April 24 2014 - 01:04 PM

still no mininuke or moth symbol q-q
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#188 SectionZ

SectionZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationA-Town

Posted April 24 2014 - 02:07 PM

I opened up Hawken about an hour ago to check some stuff before I had to go out for a while.

I got bumped from level 28 to level 30...  But I do not have access to the SP4RK repair drone, nor the level 30 emblem.  Even after getting back and turning the game on again just now.

I do have access to the MK III EMP and Disruptors, so hey at least the things I still have to PAY for are unlocked_  

I'm afraid to see if the new Global Camo actually works now, though if there is confirmation it does I'll finally grab some (oh look, Pixel Tan DOUBLED in price so now I no longer have exactly enough HC to buy it, clever bastards, but hey I guess some people will love the lowered price on black and pink checkers_).  Devs I would totally buy more Camo if you could paint elite parts.  Elite Fred needs some love.

EDIT: After multiple match ends telling me I've hit level 30 and unlocked the emblem, then quitting to the garage and not seeing it or the drone, it has FINALLY stuck.  Still, not a good first impression.

Edited by SectionZ, April 24 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#189 karolla

karolla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 02:14 PM

ı couldnt open game lol why _

#190 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted April 24 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostWillyW, on April 24 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Wish I would have known that I was going to get over 20,000XP after my first match. Yeah, I get that the update gives people in mid level 20s to automatically go to level 30 and get the XP that goes along with it. That's great and all, but if I had known that the XP was given to the mech you chose to use AFTER your first match, then I wouldn't have chosen my FULLY LEVELED UP Sharpshooter.

Therefore, all of the +20,000XP was lost. I could have used any other mech and gotten 20,000XP for free. But instead, I used my fully leveled mech and lost EVERY single XP that could have otherwise been used. I have a Reaper that I've been meaning to level up to get the Hawkens RPR. With 20,000XP I could have gotten it right away.

Wow I agree that it should be advertised. I'm glad I saw this while the patch is downloading so I can play my noob assault instead of my elite Tech.

#191 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted April 24 2014 - 03:33 PM

View Post6ixxer, on April 24 2014 - 05:38 AM, said:

i'd like if they at least told us which camos are going up so I can buy now and then it goes global, rather than waiting and hoping it goes down. I wants me some wormz, and knowing my luck it'll go up.

they went up. dayam.

...anyway, i'm not going to have a cry over it. I used the current promo to get some bonus MC and laid down $30 to support ADH.
So now i've bought nemesis and additional credits and I still think i'm getting good value against my play time.

#192 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 24 2014 - 04:08 PM

Added match length to post-match statistics

This reminds me of that would be pretty interesting to add new statistic fields in the pilot's profile (Carreer) to gather the following info:

Number of matches in progress in which pilot joined in (and played without abandoning).
*- Times joined in playing with the lossing team.
*_- Times joined in playing with the wining team.

Number of fresh matches played to the end.
Number of times the pilot has switched teams voluntarily.
Number of times got an automatically switched teams.

**Number of times the pilot types "gg" in the chat window after a match... just kidding. :)

--

Great patch once more and smooth performance in the game during all my games today. Very glad! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#193 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 04:11 PM

View Post6ixxer, on April 24 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

View PostWillyW, on April 24 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Wow I agree that it should be advertised. I'm glad I saw this while the patch is downloading so I can play my noob assault instead of my elite Tech.
i had no clue we got that....welp it got wasted then too.....
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#194 Neraste

Neraste

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted April 24 2014 - 04:26 PM

• Fixed collision issues on a number of maps that were causing Heavy mechs to become stuck while in turret mode
o/ so many thanks !

#195 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 05:18 PM

I'm not going to read all the comments. Ordinarily I would before posting... but... no. Not ten pages.
Is there going to be an update to give each mech different camo at rank 6_ As it stands, if you have 1 rank 6 mech, all mechs will have M1 Desert Flak camo.
Posted Image

#196 Klabauter8

Klabauter8

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:32 PM

I really don't understand the decrease of time to level up your pilot... I only play this game since some days now and still actually feel like a total noob compared to many others, but already almost reached level 30... Not that it would bring me much anyway to level up my pilot, but breaking the amount of time in half really seems strange to me, since I already had a feeling to level up way too fast before this.

The buffs for the heavies seems ok to me, though, at least the armor buff. -50% from behind definitely really was too much and made no real sense to me. 20% sounds more realistic to me. However, it really would be cool if the game also had a vital hit point system in general. Like that it ALWAYS would make extra damage to hit someone from behind or on the head, or on the sites. I'm not 100% sure but I think I haven't noticed anything of this in the game yet. Would be awesome if you could hit someone on his boosts, and after this the mecha can't hover and boost anymore, for example. I know, the game isn't really meant to be a simulation, but stuff like this just would make it perfect, imo, because the whole style of the game is just phenomenal.

I also agree with what others said about the prices for weapons. Weapons are almost more expensive than mechas and this really makes no sense to me too. Really would be nice to somehow also be able to increase/decrease stats of your mecha with something like the cosmetics a bit, for example, without making it totally pay-to-win. The way it is now, I find the customization options quite funny but they don't really add much to the gameplay or strategy to me, which is really sad, because the game has so much potential.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome game and keep up the good work! If you also add more maps, weapons and customizations, I for one definitely can't wait to buy this game.

Edited by Klabauter8, April 24 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#197 Fragmastah

Fragmastah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 10:53 PM

Devs help please i cant log in (Online Service Unavailable) since 3 days ago till now please help help

#198 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted April 25 2014 - 12:19 AM

I spent so many MCs today!!!
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#199 Gakuseinozen

Gakuseinozen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostxXHadroncutterXx, on April 23 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

View PostGakuseinozen, on April 23 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Just read all 8 pages of replies to this and didn't see one person mention that only paint jobs are going global...

Would have loved to see other cosmetics (thrusters, repair drones, custom chassis) become global also.

If all cosmetics went global I wouldn't think twice about buying some MC but as it is I'm still holding out.

I think they already made a huge compromise, don't be greedy.

Just because they made a compromise doesn't mean that it shouldn't have always been that way.

#200 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted April 25 2014 - 07:57 AM

View Postdriedjello, on April 25 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

I spent so many MCs today!!!
;-; im poor why do you rub it in_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users