HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

April Update Patch Notes

Update Game

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#41 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:07 PM

View Postcraftydus, on April 22 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

View PostWeezl3, on April 22 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

omg global skins!!!!!!!!

izat a weasel emblem I see!_

i thought it was a honey badger...

in my mind it IS a honey badger... don't ruin it..

but then that might ruin it for you... damn it.

Posted Image

#42 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostXacius, on April 22 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

The portable scanner would definitely have to be changed as well at that point.

It needs to be changed anyway.  Free maphacks as an item is never a good idea.  The item itself doesn't show up on radar (unlike Scrambler), gives no indication that it's affecting you beyond sound, and that can only be heard at close range.  The thing doesn't even show up on Stalker vision, so it can completely counter Predator (especially since your sound is somewhat muted so it's even harder to hear).

View PostFuryMonster, on April 22 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

outside of the techs I feel A's are slowly being removed from the game.

I really only see a lack of A's in TDM scrims, and even then they aren't extinct.  Think that's in part due to the Tech play and the plethora of health available which heavily counters the hit and run pick-apart playstyle that A's excel at.

View PostTheVulong, on April 22 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

BTW why does only Leonhardt gets his own avatar_ :angry:

I'm waiting for my spambusters' emblem, something like...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#43 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:09 PM

i like the radar system how it is... i wouldnt mind a 5xp or something for when somebody gets killed within your radar tho...

edit: i didnt realize the radar wasnt shown on the map and the scrambler was, thought they had the same statistics just opposite effects.

Edited by Audible_Silence, April 22 2014 - 06:13 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 22 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

View PostTheVulong, on April 22 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

Universal and multiple camos_ In my Hawken_ Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Since when this was 'your' Hawken_  :P   I thought it was everyone's Hawken!
much joke. very humor. wow. :P

Who said only Leonhardt got his own_

View PostAudible_Silence, on April 22 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

View Postcraftydus, on April 22 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

izat a weasel emblem I see!_

i thought it was a honey badger...

in my mind it IS a honey badger... don't ruin it..

but then that might ruin it for you... damn it.

Definitely a weasel.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#45 Enkrow

Enkrow

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:19 PM

Universal camos_ Awesome!
It's good to see all of the MC price reductions as well.
The balance changes should shift the game in a better direction, I'm looking forward to this.

#46 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:23 PM

BTW what is Leon's emblem_  I've not seen it yet.

#47 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on April 22 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

BTW what is Leon's emblem_  I've not seen it yet.
Posted Image

#48 Axanael

Axanael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationEarthbound

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:32 PM

And the dawn of the Heavy metagame begins.

Kinda sad about zerker and SMC nerf, which along with the back hit reduction for turrets and armor increase will make assassinating heavies so much harder ;;.

#49 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:35 PM

OMG, PRED MOVEMENT SPEED INCREASED, TURRET MODE REAR DAMAGE DECREASED

AND BOBBLE HEADS! MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE!

IT IS TIME FOR MY RETURN!

Quick question. Is it just the EOC-P's power that was increased_ or was travel time and/or fire rate also decreased.

#50 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:37 PM

Because my suggestion for a lion was liked.

Edited by Leonhardt, April 22 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image

#51 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostAkrium, on April 22 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on April 22 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

fuzzy bunny

I like the speed increase for heavies, but I feel that lights will soon be overshadowed in most gameplay environments.  

C's are, arguably the most valuable mechs in competitive play, even before this update.  If heavies are going to continue to get buffs, then lights are eventually going to need some love.  The weapons raise delay still needs to go.  Ideally, I'd like to see a 400/600/800 hp system, as the current values feel a little too low.  

Great changes, but mobility and offensive play still needs some tweaking.  Lower the weapons raise delay, and many players will be happy.

I think it would be better to adjust the radar and make it less godly than to change the raise weapon option. Just my opinion on that. As the sole reason the glitch was really useful was to catch ppl around corners that knew you were coming. So you could even the chances of an even fight. So why not instead make it less likely to see someone on radar around the corner.. I think being more blind and having to know where things are going on and using the "enemy spotted" option is a better way to go.
Great points.  Maybe removing boosting from radar is the fix_  Honestly, that'd be a hell of a lot more fun.  The nature of the radar, coupled with proper TOW/GL followup, makes defensive play so fuzzy bunny ridiculous it's not even funny.  The portable scanner would definitely have to be changed as well at that point.

View PostAkrium, on April 22 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on April 22 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

fuzzy bunny

I like the speed increase for heavies, but I feel that lights will soon be overshadowed in most gameplay environments.  

C's are, arguably the most valuable mechs in competitive play, even before this update.  If heavies are going to continue to get buffs, then lights are eventually going to need some love.  The weapons raise delay still needs to go.  Ideally, I'd like to see a 400/600/800 hp system, as the current values feel a little too low.  

Great changes, but mobility and offensive play still needs some tweaking.  Lower the weapons raise delay, and many players will be happy.

I think it would be better to adjust the radar and make it less godly than to change the raise weapon option. Just my opinion on that. As the sole reason the glitch was really useful was to catch ppl around corners that knew you were coming. So you could even the chances of an even fight. So why not instead make it less likely to see someone on radar around the corner.. I think being more blind and having to know where things are going on and using the "enemy spotted" option is a better way to go.
Great points.  Maybe removing boosting from radar is the fix_  Honestly, that'd be a hell of a lot more fun.  The nature of the radar, coupled with proper TOW/GL followup, makes defensive play so fuzzy bunny ridiculous it's not even funny.  The portable scanner would definitely have to be changed as well at that point.
I've considered this myself, and I'd like to see it tested.  It would do a world of good for stealth and coordinated play, for sure.

#52 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on April 22 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

And I have bad timing when talking about people who use animals as their name.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#53 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostAxanael, on April 22 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

And the dawn of the Heavy metagame begins.

Kinda sad about zerker and SMC nerf, which along with the back hit reduction for turrets and armor increase will make assassinating heavies so much harder ;;.

If they reduced or removed the spin up time on Vulcan it would give mechs a close-range only alternative to SMC.

Hot, loud, and innaccurate for high DPS. Used Vulcan all the time pre-Steam due to how fast it tore up C-Class.

Edited by Stingz, April 22 2014 - 06:51 PM.

Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#54 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostSaturnine, on April 22 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on April 22 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

And I have bad timing when talking about people who use animals as their name.

More like you got trolled!

Posted Image

#55 Mykinius

Mykinius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 06:59 PM

YES! Great work, devs. I'm glad to see Hawken making regular updates instead of stagnating in imperfection like so many other games with such potential. Here's what I think of the new changes (mostly positive):
  • Pilot progression: Eh, I thought the current scale was good enough. Level 30s were veterans, and halving the experience required for that rank may cheapen that. Then again, it won't matter terribly much because levels are basically only seen in kill cams, and I can support the faster unlocking of equipment from this change.
  • Global paint jobs: YES! I might have to buy some MC now! Stuff like this really helps mitigate a FTP game's (such as Hawken's) feeling of stinginess, and I'm confident you'll see a boost in MC purchases due to it.
  • Weekly mech bundles: Good idea!
  • Co-op TDM: I look forward to seeing how this scales with high-skill parties ;)
  • C-class buffs: I like the speed increases across the board, since being a huge target is a big handicap alone. I don't have an opinion on the hp changes yet.
  • Berserker and Assault nerfs: Good call. This should help reduce their overpopularity in their weight classes.
  • Predator move speed buffs and secondary buff: Great choices. I look forward to Pred feeling less frustrating.
  • SMC nerf: Hopefully this will make ARs and Vulcans more popular while still remaining powerful and versatile.
  • Corsair: This change seems strong. Like really strong. Can't wait to give Raider a try again, and Weezl3 is going to wreck face.
  • Turret mode extra flanking damage: I still don't think it makes sense and should be abolished entirely, but it's certainly better than before (plus, maybe the vulnerability won't be so bad now that heavies got another hp increase across the board).
  • Bug fixes: THANK YOU.
All that said, the Elite parts still desperately need to be customizable in some form. It would be great for keeping their special features (glowing teal parts on scout, lack of blinds on sharpshooter) while still allowing for uniqueness. At a bare minimum, trim color should be able to be applied to elite parts. (Also, Elite parts are redundantly called things like "Moke Elite Lower Section" when normal parts just read "Moke.")

Furthermore, the Incinerator's lag problems are annoying me more and more. Dying because I overheated because a fireball didn't launch even though the Saare moved and made sparks is garbage. So is shooting a fireball without visual feedback, or overheating with 40 ping despite the heat bar never actually filling.

ALSO: Next patch should include an avatar comprised of nine ringed planets.

Edited by Mykinius, April 22 2014 - 07:01 PM.

#56 Moonstone

Moonstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBoondocks, USA

Posted April 22 2014 - 07:03 PM

Edited by Moonstone, April 22 2014 - 07:10 PM.

Posted Image

Memento Mori

#57 brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 07:04 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 22 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

• If several pilots connecting fail to join and their spots are cleared, auto balancer now becomes active immediately

This is good, but please also fix when the matchmaker distributes multiple connecting pilots to one team in the middle of a match and the auto balancer then attempts to redistribute the connected players already on that team.

#58 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted April 22 2014 - 07:05 PM

I see an even more intimidating Raider on the horizon. Be afraid.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#59 MouseVA

MouseVA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 07:06 PM

Wow Nerf the Assualt, Nerf the Zerker,  Leave the Scout as is_ really_ I'm dying perfectly fine in the Assualt and Zerker just the way they were.. But you left the Scout alone, the one mech that needed the Nerfing the most, or at least that dam never ending flak cannon did.

Dont' care about camo, nor bobble heads.. and won't spend anything on that. Increase Mech costs_ LOL.. I must be missing the point.. geez.

And why the adjustment to Pilot levels_ don't understand that.. Getting to level 30 now is not as much of an accomplishment.. And not like it brings you benefits like it did before when tunning was around. Now it brings you the ability to spend more cause the items etc are just more expensive now they are unlocked.   Wait never mind i get it.. "spend more"..

And i can now see Siege being dominated by heavies.. Should be interesting.

#60 LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostFuryMonster, on April 22 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

outside of the techs I feel A's are slowly being removed from the game.

So much this!

The comp meta rewards teams who run the maximum amount of C class mechs.  This patch exacerbates that issue =(

Incinerator with a Technician are the best mechs right now and they just keep on getting better.

Edited by LEmental, April 22 2014 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users