HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What class is the strongest_

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: What class is the strongest_ (113 member(s) have cast votes)

What mech class is the strongest_

1. A class (23 votes [20.35%])

Percentage of vote: 20.35%

2. B class (11 votes [9.73%])

Percentage of vote: 9.73%

3. C class (25 votes [22.12%])

Percentage of vote: 22.12%

4. No class is stronger than the other, it just depends on the situation (54 votes [47.79%])

Percentage of vote: 47.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted May 18 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostAregon, on May 17 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

View PostXacius, on May 17 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostArMoReD_kLoWn, on May 17 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

lets go

Yes, let's go.  Time_ I have a duel server.
Could you stream it and post it as a video too_ Possibly not able to watch 1/2 hour playing the waiting game.

I got 5-2 odds, Who won_

Really C class may be the 1 v 1 best choice. That is how it should be I guess.

Edited by talon70, May 18 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#42 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 08:26 AM

View PostTheVulong, on May 17 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

View PostThe_Ender, on May 17 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

i don't know, i manage to take down c class 1on1 with my reaper 90%
Welp, Reaper is the best mech against C classes.

man i love that thing.
Every End Must First Begin...

#43 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 08:53 AM

I voted #4, there really isn't a all winning, all powerful stand alone mech. It's all about the pilot, experience and the team.

However, that said, I believe there are steps of mech suitability that work best with players at different levels of ability. I think "Mech Suitability" can fall into a hierarchy, but it's not set in stone and rather broad statement.

For beginner pilots B Mechs like the CRT / Assault are great.

For intermediate players that have certain mastery of what strategies to use on different maps and game types, are competent with dodging, positioning and advancing, will likely enjoy and do well with A mechs.

For intermediate - expert players, C mechs start to make a lot of sense. C mechs can be put in harms way intentionally in an attempt to turn the flow of battle in their favour. However, if you don't know what you're doing, a C mech gets husked just as fast as a B mech.

For expert pilots, anything goes, pick the right tool for the job.

So no truly dominate Mech exists in the game, there will be strengths and weakeness for each mech, up to the pilot to make them work.

Edited by BigLag, May 18 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#44 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted May 19 2014 - 10:01 AM

I think the poll is useless because it dont involve different Play types.

On Pubs you can wreak everything with an A Class. After then, you go down and down again.

#stopthecelebrityworship

#45 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostDew, on May 17 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Because the people you're fighting can't aim. Not sure how you could ever fail to comprehend this.

now to properly reply to 'your majesty'.

i actually know my own skill, i know what i can do in game. sure, some people have trouble aiming, but that is mostly bcs i make it difficult for them. i don't suppose you think i stand still and they fire bullets everywhere but down my sight -.-

when you get a score of 17-1-10 with a mere reaper, then you can tell me how its not ME but actually THEM. or maybe you will fail to comprehend this_

#46 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostThe_Ender, on May 20 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

Because the people you're fighting can't aim. Not sure how you could ever fail to comprehend this.

i actually know my own skill, i know what i can do in game. sure, some people have trouble aiming, but that is mostly bcs i make it difficult for them. i don't suppose you think i stand still and they fire bullets everywhere but down my sight -.-

when you get a score of 17-1-10 with a mere reaper, then you can tell me how its not ME but actually THEM. or maybe you will fail to comprehend this_
I get 20 kills and 1 death all the time with my raider, scout or pred when I play with new players(wtf_ Matchmaking). They cAnt aim for sjsfggfsfv. When I play with better players, I get only like 15 kills and 3 to 5 deaths. Also reaper is the best mech to kill nobs with. Best I ever got was 43 kills and 5 deaths. It's the noob your playing against's aim. IMO dew is very good. He knows what he's talking about

#47 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostAregon, on May 18 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

View PostStarclear, on May 18 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Scouts are OP with their extra fuel tank they can dodge forever
Get a Scout and test out that theory.
Amen to that

#48 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted May 20 2014 - 08:43 AM

Shouldn't this be in the polls forum_

#49 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 08:46 AM

View Postm0bieduck, on May 20 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

I get 20 kills and 1 death all the time with my raider, scout or pred when I play with new players(wtf_ Matchmaking). They cAnt aim for sjsfggfsfv. When I play with better players, I get only like 15 kills and 3 to 5 deaths. Also reaper is the best mech to kill nobs with. Best I ever got was 43 kills and 5 deaths. It's the noob your playing against's aim. IMO dew is very good. He knows what he's talking about

i never said Dew isn't good. what i have problem is his ego. what i wrote was just a simple impression, in no way written in stone, even underlined by 'i don't know.'. but imagine the ego on this guy, when he singles out my comment, from a who knows what egotrip that went to his head, bcs 'i need to be put in my place'. he overinflated the importance of his opinion in a complete stranger's eyes. that is that :)

kudos to you on that skill and score ^^ can only hope to reach that. i have been playing exactly 10 days today, but still, it does not make him an authority of any kind.

#50 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 20 2014 - 08:51 AM

sure let me hop into some random 1500-rated pub or whatever you're playing in and stomp the snot out of a bunch of nobodies. this will certainly help my reaper overcome the HP differential versus a C-class that doesn't miss.

#51 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 20 2014 - 09:01 AM

If you want to know why you need to be "put in your place", it's because when people like you make posts like "Oh, I do fine in my A-class", it sends a message, however small, that the current state of the meta is OK. Evidence suggests the opposite in a room full of people that are going to land their shots no matter how much an A-class dances around, and feedback from people with feeble experience just muddies the water and makes it take even longer before problems actually get balanced.

#52 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted May 20 2014 - 09:08 AM

We all hope dew never becomes a doctor, his bedside manner is terrible. However, most if not everything Dew writes up has truth behind it and is quite accurate.

We all just accept dew as that one really BM'd guy every game has

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#53 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted May 20 2014 - 02:36 PM

Incin is the strongest mech in the game bar none.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#54 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 03:40 PM

C-Classes are stronger in team-heavy environments, which is to be expected. And that is unlikely to change.

The only real buff I'd advocate for A-classes is the significant lowering of the boost>fire delay. It pretty much killed aggressive bunny-hopping, which gimped A-classes hugely, and made gameplay slower across the board.

Edited by Duralumi, May 20 2014 - 03:45 PM.

After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#55 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted May 20 2014 - 03:42 PM

incinerator is too crazy.  they shouldn't have the power to give heat to enemies.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#56 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted May 20 2014 - 06:08 PM

I apologize in advance for my english

neither... and all classes at once.

currently does not have a particular favorite in class.

but, the balance distort some concrete mechs or combinations.

C-class is not OP, but brawler+tech and gren+vulcan is OP in siege mode. because they are fat, hard, fat again

B-class is not OP, but mech like assault and raider is OP.
assault is universal, he can beat ur azz anywhere in anytime. raider have a super-sonic-lol-speed-ability, damage, damage, damage...

A-class have some mechs too...infil

since beta all mech have unique stats, and it's turned system from "ideal balance" to "negative balance"
when i say:
"ideal balance" - each mech can beat each other mech in any situation.
"negative balance" - each mech can easy beat half of mechs, but other half of mechs are "counter-mechs"

actually, for me negative balance it's not good.
when you have 9 mech, you can easy create ideal balance . but when you have 20 mechs - ideal balance almost impossible. Yes, I understand all, and maybe - this is the only one correct decision...but I do not like it.

now devs turned game into "teamplay".

Unfortunately, devs are miscalculated. I still do not understand the logic of their actions sometimes. like in previously balance fix, when brawler have 770+ HP, and was one of the most dangerous mech in game. Not to mention the fact that the C-class is incredibly strong in siege mode or MA.

And what devs doing_
Right! For some reason, they added more HP for C's! Moar HP!
Probably, someone told them that Brawler and gren are weak. But I do not know who told this, and why they listened to him.

What we have in the end_ instead 2A+2B+2C, each time playing in the siege we see 4C+1tech+1anymech.

I still have not seen a better balance than the one that was on the Open-Beta (cuz each mech was better balanced for 1vs1 fight). Perhaps, because all mechs are the same. =/

warning! don't read this.
whine! rage! anger! frustrating! here:
Spoiler

Edited by nepacaka, May 21 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#57 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 12:01 AM

View PostExeon, on May 20 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

We all hope dew never becomes a doctor, his bedside manner is terrible. However, most if not everything Dew writes up has truth behind it and is quite accurate.

Exactly what i meant. And who dafaq are YOU to be putting anyone in their place_ Bcs to me, you are that nobody you speak of. If you had approached me, and said what you had to say in a normal manner, sure.

But like this_ Yeah, get over yourself, bcs your own world where you hold outmost importance doesn"t cross into boundaries of mine. In mine, you are nobody, ir at very best some rude egomaniac punk.

#58 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted May 21 2014 - 12:54 AM

sure let me hop into some random 1500-rated pub or whatever you're playing in and stomp the snot out of a bunch of nobodies. this will certainly help my reaper overcome the HP differential versus a C-class that doesn't miss.
true. I strongly doubt that the ripper is able to kill brawler with SA. he just did not have enough HP.

i'm still waiting new patch, when brawler gain new ability. I can already see how brawler turns into a "monster", if he gets any ability other than current turret-mode :D

Incin is the strongest mech in the game bar none.
the only problem in his weapons. use baby or mama, and incin weakest C-class in game. i don't know more pathetic mech than incin with bear:baby.
balance_ don't hear. endless shooting - something that ruined game balance and never be good.

Edited by nepacaka, May 21 2014 - 12:55 AM.

#59 ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted May 21 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostStarclear, on May 18 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Scouts are OP with their extra fuel tank they can dodge forever

I tend to agree. With all that maneuverability and firepower, a Scout is quite formidable and IMHO, the one mech that still seems legitimately "OP".
I can also see it being tough to balance out a Scout from a programming point of view, but maybe not impossible.

#60 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 21 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostThe_Ender, on May 21 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

View PostExeon, on May 20 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Exactly what i meant. And who dafaq are YOU to be putting anyone in their place_ Bcs to me, you are that nobody you speak of. If you had approached me, and said what you had to say in a normal manner, sure.

But like this_ Yeah, get over yourself, bcs your own world where you hold outmost importance doesn"t cross into boundaries of mine. In mine, you are nobody, ir at very best some rude egomaniac punk.

I'll stop being a rude egomaniac punk when you stop polluting my favorite game with your ignorance.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users