HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What class is the strongest_

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: What class is the strongest_ (113 member(s) have cast votes)

What mech class is the strongest_

1. A class (23 votes [20.35%])

Percentage of vote: 20.35%

2. B class (11 votes [9.73%])

Percentage of vote: 9.73%

3. C class (25 votes [22.12%])

Percentage of vote: 22.12%

4. No class is stronger than the other, it just depends on the situation (54 votes [47.79%])

Percentage of vote: 47.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 05:27 AM

View PostDew, on May 21 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

View PostThe_Ender, on May 21 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

View PostExeon, on May 20 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

We all hope dew never becomes a doctor, his bedside manner is terrible. However, most if not everything Dew writes up has truth behind it and is quite accurate.

We all just accept dew as that one really BM'd guy every game has

Exactly what i meant. And who dafaq are YOU to be putting anyone in their place_ Bcs to me, you are that nobody you speak of. If you had approached me, and said what you had to say in a normal manner, sure.

But like this_ Yeah, get over yourself, bcs your own world where you hold outmost importance doesn"t cross into boundaries of mine. In mine, you are nobody, ir at very best some rude egomaniac punk.

I'll stop being a rude egomaniac punk when you stop polluting my favorite game with your ignorance.

You're probably not even 20. I have informed you of your unimportance in my eyes little amoeba...if only your opinion mattered.

And you shall from now on be ignored accordingly.

Edited by The_Ender, May 22 2014 - 04:03 AM.

Every End Must First Begin...

#62 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted May 21 2014 - 07:28 AM

View PostARCH3TYP3, on May 21 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

View PostStarclear, on May 18 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Scouts are OP with their extra fuel tank they can dodge forever

I tend to agree. With all that maneuverability and firepower, a Scout is quite formidable and IMHO, the one mech that still seems legitimately "OP".
I can also see it being tough to balance out a Scout from a programming point of view, but maybe not impossible.
lol. try fight with brawler in 1vs1 on scout. and you very fast understand simple thing - scout is not OP :D

#63 Weezl3

Weezl3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostThe_Ender, on May 21 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

We all hope dew never becomes a doctor, his bedside manner is terrible. However, most if not everything Dew writes up has truth behind it and is quite accurate.

Exactly what i meant. And who dafaq are YOU to be putting anyone in their place_ Bcs to me, you are that nobody you speak of. If you had approached me, and said what you had to say in a normal manner, sure.

But like this_ Yeah, get over yourself, bcs your own world where you hold outmost importance doesn"t cross into boundaries of mine. In mine, you are nobody, ir at very best some rude egomaniac punk.

I'll stop being a rude egomaniac punk when you stop polluting my favorite game with your ignorance.

You're probably not even 20. I have informed you of your unimportance in my eyes little amoeba...if only your opinion mattered.

And you shall frim now on be ignored accordingly.

To ignore someone you have to stop replying to their posts. Just an FYI.

#64 ScottRidley

ScottRidley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostWeezl3, on May 21 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

fuzzy bunny no! We're already ignoring Armored because he can't even construct a compelling argument and/or insults. This guy can deliver, he should keep going!
Posted Image

#65 ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted May 21 2014 - 02:58 PM

View Postnepacaka, on May 21 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

I tend to agree. With all that maneuverability and firepower, a Scout is quite formidable and IMHO, the one mech that still seems legitimately "OP".
I can also see it being tough to balance out a Scout from a programming point of view, but maybe not impossible.
lol. try fight with brawler in 1vs1 on scout. and you very fast understand simple thing - scout is not OP :D
Perhaps I am interpreting it as such when the case is actually a bit more complex.
It could very well be that my skill in heavies is sorely lacking whereas the scouts that stand out are piloted by experts. (_)

#66 ScottRidley

ScottRidley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostARCH3TYP3, on May 21 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

View Postnepacaka, on May 21 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

Perhaps I am interpreting it as such when the case is actually a bit more complex.
It could very well be that my skill in heavies is sorely lacking whereas the scouts that stand out are piloted by experts. (_)
Brawler = hitscan burst + splash burst. A good counter to a mech that survives by being next to impossible to track up close, if the Brawler pilot has lightning reflexes. Also removal of boost-firing bug means less damage from the Scout while dancing around. Coincidentally, the Scout has the same weapons. And it can get to optimal range fast and stay there as long as it wants.

Try the same against a mech with mostly sustain damage or worse, projectiles. Laugh yourself to death while they desperately try to hit you with their primary, or run away if they do get your armor low with explosives.
Posted Image

#67 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted May 21 2014 - 05:25 PM

View Postnepacaka, on May 21 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

sure let me hop into some random 1500-rated pub or whatever you're playing in and stomp the snot out of a bunch of nobodies. this will certainly help my reaper overcome the HP differential versus a C-class that doesn't miss.
true. I strongly doubt that the ripper is able to kill brawler with SA. he just did not have enough HP.

i'm still waiting new patch, when brawler gain new ability. I can already see how brawler turns into a "monster", if he gets any ability other than current turret-mode :D

Incin is the strongest mech in the game bar none.
the only problem in his weapons. use baby or mama, and incin weakest C-class in game. i don't know more pathetic mech than incin with bear:baby.
balance_ don't hear. endless shooting - something that ruined game balance and never be good.
You simply don't use the bby or the mma. The ppa is crazy good and the alternate mode of the SAER has a low refire, has a lot of splash, does very good damage, and can't overheat.

Edited by Rei, May 21 2014 - 05:25 PM.

!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#68 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostInterrobang87, on May 16 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostBazookagofer, on May 16 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

since the jump shot bug was eliminated. Irrelevant because C classes can't do that either now, nor can B classes

Yes, the other classes could do it too but the A's benefited more from it because of their mobility. (you can start d!ck measuring with me here to prove me wrong if you want but you'll fail)
I don't even understand your logic here. With this logic I could say each time a shared weapon between A class and C class is nerfed C classes take a bigger blow because with there limited mobility they can't be in as much frays as A classes so there total damage output would be way lower. And I could also say that a buff to a shared weapon would provide a greater buff to A classes because of their "mobility".

Anyway this not the point. I do not approve of them removing the "glitch"  TBH because it makes game more clunky and slow(I will agree with people on this) but saying that removing somehow hurt A classes more is horse fuzzy bunny because each mech lost the benifit of the "glitch". You would be able to say that it hurt A classes if they only removed the "glitch" for A classes. But since each class lost an extra mobility option I don't see the problem.

Good day, and no measuring d!cks today... me not in the mood...

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#69 ScottRidley

ScottRidley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 09:05 PM

I too want to get in on the duck measuring.

On topic: A-classes used to be able to negate incoming damage (dancing around their targets) while dishing out at the same time, thanks in no small part to the boost-jump-shoot move. Losing out on these additional damage opportunities impacts them the most because with their low HP buffer they are already handicapped in the damage race.

Not saying that this is bad, one could even argue that this raised the skill ceiling. Now A-classes have to care about positioning much more and can't just out-twitch everyone who failed to start playing shooters at age 10 while being able to engage and disengage from larger classes at will.
Posted Image

#70 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted May 22 2014 - 01:14 AM

ok, more complex.
two flak, one tow, and scout asleep. enough complex_ :D

It could very well be that my skill in heavies is sorely lacking whereas the scouts that stand out are piloted by experts.
i'm a brawler expert :D
and scout not op :lol:, infiltrator stronger now.

Edited by nepacaka, May 22 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#71 LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted May 22 2014 - 02:06 AM

Every comp team runs with the maximum allowed C class mechs + tech.  When players work as a team, it comes down to a war of attrition (pokes until you get an advantage and then push in).  Health in this case helps more than movement speed because those pokes can kill A mechs.

Also, in a 1v1.  If a C mech hits all their shots, the A mech will lose every time.

Edited by LEmental, May 22 2014 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image

#72 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted May 22 2014 - 04:03 AM

you can read, can't you_ did i not say from now ON_ yes, that means from THAT moment onward.

#73 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted May 22 2014 - 01:11 PM

I think B classes are the strongest. They are nearly as fast as A classes but habe much more armor. However, a little speed buff for A classes and everything is alright (boost speed only around 2m/s)

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#74 ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted May 23 2014 - 04:26 AM

View Postnepacaka, on May 22 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

ok, more complex.
two flak, one tow, and scout asleep. enough complex_ :D

It could very well be that my skill in heavies is sorely lacking whereas the scouts that stand out are piloted by experts.
i'm a brawler expert :D
and scout not op :lol:, infiltrator stronger now.
Hehe.
I guess I just have to hit them twice and follow up with a tow....
if only.... :)

#75 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted May 23 2014 - 04:53 AM

View PostThe_Ender, on May 22 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

you can read, can't you_ did i not say from now ON_ yes, that means from THAT moment onward.

>Exeon a nobody
LOL

Sorry for laughing at you man, but..
That's some nice opinion you got there.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#76 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted May 23 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostMeraple, on May 23 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

View PostThe_Ender, on May 22 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

>Exeon a nobody
LOL

Sorry for laughing at you man, but..
That's some nice opinion you got there.

opinion is one of the few things you have as a person. in a world in which so many things is a grey area so to speak, it shows what kind of a person you are if you will stand by your word, or be let bullied by some idiot with a chip on his shoulder.

ps. i couldn't give more f about exeon. but the nobody remark was at someone else(too unimportant to name). exeon just can't read really.

Edited by The_Ender, May 23 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#77 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted Today, 11:23 AM

C-Classes are a bit over powered.  G2Raider, Gren ability, Manguard, incin with a tech.

#78 mittens800

mittens800

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted Today, 11:40 AM

It's Halloween!  The day that ded threads rise from their graves.

#79 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted Today, 12:14 PM

which pie taste the best_ Apple/ Pumpkin_ Cherry_ Lemon_ all these have one common denominator....its all about the persons own preference........ The same goes with a mech the person makes all the difference in a battle. Not including the map and the situation at hand(Team ) and so forth....there are dumb mechs.... like Incinerator and Tech but that's a whole other matter... :)
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#80 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted Today, 12:18 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users