HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

basic fuel converter, how much does the 1% equal in liters_

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 11:48 AM

as the title says how much liters of fuel does 1% equal such as 1% of a tow damage or 1% of 125 damage = how many liters of fuel_

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#2 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted May 20 2014 - 12:19 PM

If my math is right, for 100 damage, you get 1 liter of fuel.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#3 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 12:25 PM

if it was a straight conversion it wouldnt be worht the internal, cause 1 liter of fuel isnt anything when you burn like 10 liters per second, so basically on a 300 hp mech I would have to take full 300 damage to get 3 liters or .33 seconds of burn.

Posted Image

#4 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted May 20 2014 - 02:23 PM

pretty sure its 10%, and you get 12.5liters from 1 tow

Edited by Ker4u, May 20 2014 - 02:24 PM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#5 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostKer4u, on May 20 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

I would like to think that ker4u but the description says 1% of damage 1% of 125 damage is 1.25.  But the question is 1.25 of what_ liters or some other math formula thrown in.  there is no clarification on the exact formula or even a rough estimate.  Ive comb through the forums and couldnt find anything and asked several people and noone knows.

Ive thought about testing it, you know but to test it would be hard.  You would have to get an exact tow hit 125 damage and see how far your bar jumped.  But the problem with that even is your bar isnt in numbers its just a graphical bar indicator, so your guess would still be an estimate say the tow hit you and your bar went up 1/8.  So then you take 1/8 of your tanks capactiy and then you have your number_  Well you would think so but there in lies the 2nd problem.  The 2nd problem would entail that you would have to have video recorded of it and play it back frame by frame to see the exact jumb in the fuel bar becasue your fuel regenerates naturally all the time anyways, and at different rates per mech.  So say my mech generates 10lit/sec and the tow hit me at the time it generated so it might jump 20 liters estimate so I could still only estimate that it went up 10 liters (estimate due to a  graphical scale bar). So it would be very hard if not impossible to tell for sure, you could probably get a rough estimate.

That being said, if it was 10 liters per tow hit or roughly around that it would probably be worth it cause thats 1 second of extra burn, that 1 second matters in a fight.  But get lower than that and it probably becomes a useless internal.

The main question really comes down to is this a useful internal (specially on A class frame)_  Or would one be better suited to get another 1 slot internal like basic orb/eu extractor_ or something to that effect.

Posted Image

#6 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted June 12 2014 - 07:06 AM

View PostSkitzo1d, on May 21 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

I would like to think that ker4u but the description says 1% of damage 1% of 125 damage is 1.25.  But the question is 1.25 of what_ liters or some other math formula thrown in.  there is no clarification on the exact formula or even a rough estimate.  Ive comb through the forums and couldnt find anything and asked several people and noone knows.
no mathematic here. fuel converter have a mistake in description. it's working like 10% and 20%. not like 1% and 2%

but the description...
description is a lie.

#7 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 12:08 PM

View Postnepacaka, on June 12 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

View PostSkitzo1d, on May 21 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

no mathematic here. fuel converter have a mistake in description. it's working like 10% and 20%. not like 1% and 2%

but the description...
description is a lie.
I agree with it being wrong in the description. Seems to give way more than stated.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#8 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted June 12 2014 - 02:32 PM

and actually 20% too much. one shoot and scout have 50% fueltank. lol.
5% and 10% would be normal.

#9 Terr_

Terr_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 03:11 PM

So what is the actual effect_

Could you test it by seeing how many Predator mines it takes to recharge a Brawler's fuel-bar in an instant_

#10 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 20 2014 - 08:33 PM

All I know is when I use my Blitz on my fat raider, it lasts almost twice as long when 75% of my health is taken away when I have the basic converter. It does seem to give more than the description says, for certain.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#11 RyanGo

RyanGo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted June 25 2014 - 01:43 PM

So are both converters fairly viable_ I'm thinking about putting it on a beserker.

#12 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 25 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostRyanGo, on June 25 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

So are both converters fairly viable_ I'm thinking about putting it on a beserker.
Fuel converters work the best if you plan on taking damage. Damage isn't something you want a lot of when piloting a light mech, so unless you enjoy catching bullets and rockets with your face, your converter probably won't help much on a berserker.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#13 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted June 25 2014 - 05:36 PM

Yes they are viable, for berserker it should give you 1-2 more AC dodges.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users