HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

COMPLETE LIST of possible Hawken Improvements

Beta Community Review Game

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Priority list (142 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think should be changed IN PRIORITY before the 2nd closed beta session_ (multiple choice possible)

1. Fonts (17 votes [5.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.11%

2. Server Filters (64 votes [19.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.22%

3. Film Grain Toggle (39 votes [11.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

4. More Graphic Options (Anti aliasing/trilinear filters and the like) (40 votes [12.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.01%

5. No Load-out Reset (21 votes [6.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.31%

6. "Uncap 60FPS" Toggle (23 votes [6.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.91%

7. 3rd Camera Option (15 votes [4.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

8. In-game Chat (40 votes [12.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.01%

9. Controller support (XBOX 360 pad, PS pad ...) (20 votes [6.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.01%

10. More Mech Customization (cf. end of post) (54 votes [16.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

Would you use a 3rd person camera to play Hawken_

1. Yes (15 votes [13.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.39%

2. No (39 votes [34.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.82%

3. Too damn complicated to code at this stage of development, leave the devs alone! (13 votes [11.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.61%

4. Why not as a spectator mode_ (45 votes [40.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.18%

Will you spend actual money in the game when it is out_

1. Yes (38 votes [36.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.54%

2. No (12 votes [11.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. Depends on whether they listen to community feedback before 12.12.12 (17 votes [16.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.35%

4. Depends on how they improve the game till 12.12.12 (37 votes [35.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MrGray

MrGray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:35 AM

Please look at players ability to shoot at enemy battleship (smart team do not need antiair_) + timelimit maybe_
P.S. 3d person camera_ For competitive shooter_ Are you kidding me_

Edited by MrGray, October 28 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#22 VinterStorm

VinterStorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationnorway, oslo.

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:24 AM

atm id be happy if they could sort out their server and crash to desktop issues as thouse are waht keeps me form playing.

several 0/12 server online that wont let me inn atm and a few crashes to today

#23 arslan

arslan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:36 AM

The game area is too small.
I just got farm in a few match at my spawn area by 3 mech. WTF!

#24 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:44 AM

Nice to see people continuing to make the mental helpful list of all suggestions given. :)
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#25 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostAshfire908, on October 28 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

Nice to see people continuing to make the mental helpful list of all suggestions given. :)

Thanks man. Even though not sure this is compliment or sarcasm, I'd rather take it as a compliment.

Edited by Th4nis, October 28 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#26 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:10 AM

View PostTh4nis, on October 28 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

View PostAshfire908, on October 28 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

Thanks man. Even though not sure this is compliment or sarcasm, I'd rather take it as a compliment.

It's a compliment. I used to maintain a list of every suggestion made in the general suggestion forum, but it got overwhelming and ended up letting it slip totally out of date and useless. If you wonder which one it's the stickied one on that forum with all the broken links...
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#27 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostAshfire908, on October 28 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

It's a compliment. I used to maintain a list of every suggestion made in the general suggestion forum, but it got overwhelming and ended up letting it slip totally out of date and useless. If you wonder which one it's the stickied one on that forum with all the broken links...

Yeah, I'll only keep this one alive for this first iteration of the closed bêta. If people use it afterwards it's fine, otherwise I don't think I'll have enough time to check what has been said. It's too time consuming... although it's good practice to organize all these ideas into something readable. Could you link your previous post_ I could probably add a few things you've already gathered! :D

#28 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostTh4nis, on October 28 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

View PostAshfire908, on October 28 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

Yeah, I'll only keep this one alive for this first iteration of the closed bêta. If people use it afterwards it's fine, otherwise I don't think I'll have enough time to check what has been said. It's too time consuming... although it's good practice to organize all these ideas into something readable. Could you link your previous post_ I could probably add a few things you've already gathered! :D
I hear that. Even then, just one of these for Beta 1 is very useful.

Last update of my thread was April and every link is broken. I don't have anything of use to give you :( But if you really wish to delve into the old sections of the forums, here.

#29 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostAshfire908, on October 28 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

I hear that. Even then, just one of these for Beta 1 is very useful.

Last update of my thread was April and every link is broken. I don't have anything of use to give you :( But if you really wish to delve into the old sections of the forums, here.

Aah, it's alright. The color icons are a good idea, though I don't have any idea as to how to use them in this post. We should build up a list of advice to create long readable lists of ideas. You know, for future generation of people like us. It would be our legacy to the forum world xD

Edited by Th4nis, October 28 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#30 Pedropars

Pedropars

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:01 AM

Can you add maybe custom cockpits to each chassis_

#31 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostPedropars, on October 28 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Could you elaborate_

#32 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostTh4nis, on October 28 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

View PostPedropars, on October 28 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Could you elaborate_

I think he's saying that each individual chassis should have a custom cockpit and by extension unique UI. It'd add a little more personal weight to your choice of mech.

I don't think it's necessary, but MWO does it and it's pretty kickass.

While I'm here though, I'll throw a couple more ideas at you.

Community Reputation: We've got a pretty swell bunch on the forums right now, and we know exactly how ugly gaming communities can get if you let them. It'd be really great to have a built-in system that could discourage people from being jerks in-game. Nothing mechanical, but maybe hook it up to the matchmaker so it tries to make sure that jerks play with jerks and nice folks end up with nice folks.

I'd also like it if I could run the garage and server finder in a window and then have it blow up to full screen when I get into a match. It's handier than alt-tabbing between hawken and skype while I talk to friends. I can already hit alt+enter to get it to window, but it's a pretty big, unscalable window and the mouse is locked to it so I still have to alt+Tab. I think that some other games have just spoiled me with this feature.

Edited by CakeBandit, October 28 2012 - 03:44 AM.

Posted Image

#33 MTiger

MTiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted October 28 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'd like to see ranked matches.  I'm not very good thus far, and it feels like I'm beating my skull against a wall trying to learn the ropes while others are having a field day turning my mech into a burning slagheap.
When all is lost and your brothers in arms are fallen and bedraggled, that is the time to rise to the occasion and conquer all who oppose you.

#34 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 28 2012 - 07:31 AM

View PostMTiger, on October 28 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I'd like to see ranked matches.  I'm not very good thus far, and it feels like I'm beating my skull against a wall trying to learn the ropes while others are having a field day turning my mech into a burning slagheap.

You have to remember that this is a closed beta, which implies people who looked for codes ... i.e. most of them know their trade. But I'll put your suggestion, it is not hard to enforce after all.

View PostCakeBandit, on October 28 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

I think he's saying that each individual chassis should have a custom cockpit and by extension unique UI. It'd add a little more personal weight to your choice of mech.

I don't think it's necessary, but MWO does it and it's pretty kickass.

While I'm here though, I'll throw a couple more ideas at you.

Community Reputation: We've got a pretty swell bunch on the forums right now, and we know exactly how ugly gaming communities can get if you let them. It'd be really great to have a built-in system that could discourage people from being jerks in-game. Nothing mechanical, but maybe hook it up to the matchmaker so it tries to make sure that jerks play with jerks and nice folks end up with nice folks.

I'd also like it if I could run the garage and server finder in a window and then have it blow up to full screen when I get into a match. It's handier than alt-tabbing between hawken and skype while I talk to friends. I can already hit alt+enter to get it to window, but it's a pretty big, unscalable window and the mouse is locked to it so I still have to alt+Tab. I think that some other games have just spoiled me with this feature.

Community rep wise: I have no idea how you would enforce that... you would vote up or down players_ Man, have you seen how admins on rented servers are_ Couldn't be more biased... they would kick/ban you for teamkilling them, or being too good (happened to a few of my friends on BF3) BUT they have no problem with cheaters in their team and so on ... I don't think geeks are good with the rep system at all...

I'll put the windowed mode.

#35 MrSpaceCat

MrSpaceCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted October 28 2012 - 08:46 AM

Personally, I think the economy ingame is busted. The rate of earning Hawken points is too slow and prices are too high in comparison.

I like the idea that by putting in enough time I could buy a bunch of gear for my favorite mech, including cosmetics, if only because in my opinion time can be just as huge of an investment as actual money. At the moment if it weren't for the 4800 red points you start out with I probably would have quit playing already after not being able to buy/play any mechs except Assault.

Also, some sort of option to switch ragdolls on and off would be nice. A huge FPS killer for me seems to be every time a mech blows into the firey rubble ragdoll. An option to simply make mechs spontaneously combust on death could potentially cut back on FPS slowdown.

Heck, while I'm at it the physics is a bit busted as well. I get that we're driving big robots, and it's supposed to feel like it too. It's pretty annoying however, as a Beserker who relies on speed, whenever I just lightly touch only the slightest edge while in a firefight and suddenly all my momentum is gone. It leads to some pretty annoyingly cheap deaths.

Lastly, there's occasionally some spots on maps where a mech can get stuck and become a sitting duck at the wrong moments. That's pretty unfair since it has nothing to do with players, but just poor map design combined with the aforementioned momentum system.

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 21 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

There has to be some basis in logic, otherwise I should be able to pilot a fluffy pink elephant around that killed people with rainbow farts.

#36 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:39 AM

Can you clarify "load out rest is a crime" please_

I would like to see them make it so when you switch your weapon before a match that weapon then is permanently toggled through server changes unlike it is now.

I would also suggest separate areas for kill text and chat. I don't remember if that was in the OP.

Being able to change the order of mechs in your list is also a suggestion I would like to see the devs consider.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#37 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostBeefC4ke, on October 28 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

I would also suggest separate areas for kill text and chat. I don't remember if that was in the OP.

Being able to change the order of mechs in your list is also a suggestion I would like to see the devs consider.

Yea I think its pretty useless using ingame text chat cuz the most recent kill will just usher it into obscurity FAST.

If my memory serves, there were many of us in the Alpha that suggested the same thing. Its really "merh" that you can't set a default starting mech or change the mech list.
Posted Image

#38 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostBeefC4ke, on October 28 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Can you clarify "load out rest is a crime" please_

I would like to see them make it so when you switch your weapon before a match that weapon then is permanently toggled through server changes unlike it is now.
[..] Being able to change the order of mechs in your list is also a suggestion I would like to see the devs consider.

Well, the reset is a crime against good willing players: I can't stand to have to switch the AR with the heat cannon EVERY GODDAM ROUND for no reason other than a stupid reset. Pretty sure it isn't intentional, but sure is annoying.
As for the order of mechs, I think it automatically selects the "most used" mechs to be on top. I'll put your suggestion anyway :)

#39 Gramis

Gramis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:02 PM

I would love a Spectator mode or the ability to view replays. That would be awesome!

#40 BigO

BigO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 02:17 PM

Great thread dude.  Keep it up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Community, Review, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users